Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know the exact requirements for reaching the Keefer Invitational in World Poker Tour?

#2 10 years ago

LOL, I know I must be tired. I almost moved this into the Pinball Events Sub Forum.

Moving to playing tips sub forum. Good luck! Iceman may read this thread and help you out. You might want to put the game name itself in the title so he and the other owners see it.

#3 10 years ago

In Instant Info, there are a bunch of pages that tell you want you need to get to KI. Off the top of my head, generally they are 25M points total scored in each of No Limit, Poker Hands (and PHMB), modes, hurryups, Ace in the Hole (I think), and total pots (includes main pot, side pots, and probably All-In but I'm fuzzy on that last one). Oh, and winning the World Championship.

My quick protips would be to stop ignoring hurryups and saving 3xs for extreme optimal shots (like collecting an already-tripled NLMB jackpot).

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

In Instant Info, there are a bunch of pages that tell you want you need to get to KI. Off the top of my head, generally they are 25M points total scored in each of No Limit, Poker Hands (and PHMB), modes, hurryups, Ace in the Hole (I think), and total pots (includes main pot, side pots, and probably All-In but I'm fuzzy on that last one). Oh, and winning the World Championship.

OMG... I'll get there in another life maybe... seems I really sucks at WPT then!

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, this is a mega-wizard mode. On the bright side, there are (at least) two 'junior' wizard modes in WPT: one for getting to the World Championship (defeating all 6 cities), and one for playing all 6 Poker Corner modes.

There are *so* many ways you can play WPT. I still enjoy the Draw Poker game, where you ONLY shoot for the drop target hands (letting the ball drain from the mini-pf, etc.--other stuff doesn't give you drop target hands, except for the scoop next to the right ramp spotting a card). When you make all 9 hands and get the mb, you can let all but 1 ball drain too (the mb only gives bonuses, not more lit hands on the pf), give yourself credit for 10 hands, and keep going for more, starting with the lowly pair again! Makes for a fun and simple 2-4 player competition.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for all of the info everyone! Especially from pinball_keefer WPT is a very underrated game, so much to accomplish!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz83:

Thanks for all of the info everyone! Especially from pinball_keefer WPT is a very underrated game, so much to accomplish!

my second favorite game (LOTR). neither will be leaving my game room.

#8 10 years ago

Long story short: you DON'T get to the KI.

5 years later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

my second favorite game (LOTR). neither will be leaving my game room.

5 year bump, what happened to wpt in your collection....?

#10 4 years ago

Love mine. Got to KI once. I still play it often.

#11 4 years ago

Hopefully someday I'll be able to get back to my WPT->Voltron project... there's such a great foundation of rules that I don't want to mess with them too much, but rebuilding eveything in Python is gonna be a bitch and a half on it's own, lol. Might not be QUITE as difficult to get to "Defender of the Universe" as it is to get to KI though. Might lower some of those score thresholds a teensy bit. Really miss having WPT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Trade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keefer-invitational-how-to-get-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.