(Topic ID: 205324)

KBS Diamond Clearcoat

By Axl

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5706 (resized).jpg
    372FCAB0-26BD-4D99-BE61-CFB2CD98BC16 (resized).jpeg
    03598896-B26C-4002-9705-635B296879D2 (resized).jpeg
    D8D61666-E9A1-40D1-8A92-F7BE9D2C814A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldskool1969.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

This stuff is great. Using a roller is my preferred method and for christ sake read the instructions properly.
    I have only done play fields and some lock down bars.
    Before applying KBS I give a light spray of acrylic satin clear coat to lock in the repaired art work . As the KBS is self levelling make sure you apply on a very level surface or it might drag when curing.
    No dramas yet and still very nice, no yellowing at all.
    Unsure of how it will go commercially but I know that smash repairers use this for small tough ups so need for two pack.
    It is air/ moisture curing so make sure you have the right conditions and seal the unused portion with plastic wrap.

#5 6 years ago

My first one was on Dr Dude back in 2013 and it is still going strong, I don't own this title any more but I know the bloke who bought it.
    You need ventilation Dude. Still toxic, again, read instructions well and GOOD LUCK

2 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

Pour what you think you will use into another container and seal the KBS can immediately.
    Only thin if you intend to spray, in my experience.

#12 6 years ago

I had bubbles when foam rolling too! I have sprayed and no drama apart from fxxking up a new nozzle.
    Paint brush I think is the way to go as it is self levelling. Just throw the brush afterwards.
    I keep in original container with cling wrap under lid.
    Apply on a nice moderate temp, dry day.
    End of the day, just have a crack
    Good luck.

1 year later
    #41 4 years ago

You are doing it too thick, too long in between coats or in high humidity.

#46 4 years ago

Unfortunately there is the problem, it is a moisture cured product.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldskool1969.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kbs-diamond-clearcoat?tu=oldskool1969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.