(Topic ID: 129459)

Karma points

By Kholmes

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gold-coins-1.gif
    Screenshot_2015-06-04-22-47-24.png
    Big Lebowski - The Dude.jpg
    283_1jackiealpers_lindys_hamburgers_120.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kholmes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

This may have been asked already but can't seem to find it. Where did our Karma points go? Thanks.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently they weren't needed anymore but something new and better will replace it

Thanks for the news. It's appreciated.

Quoted from guyincognito:

Loving you would be easy if your colors were like my dream.

I don't what type of answer or quote this is, but it's quite odd.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I have been planning to get rid of karma points for a long time, wanting to replace it with something better, something more relevant, something that is not just about rewarding making many posts but about rewarding good posts. Post that are appreciated (depending on the sub-forum, topic, upvotes etc) or that add value to Pinside.
    I am soon hoping to start a topic on this to to see if the community can together come up with an idea that would be a good replacement for karma.
    To avoid replacing one system with another and to have some time between two systems I figured now was a good time to remove Karma points from forum post user profile boxes.
    I hope that answers your question. Stay tuned for more on this soon.

It does. Thank you. I had gotten used to the karma points. I liked them. I appreciate the explanation though. Either way, I do enjoy your website and all it offers. Thanks again.

#13 8 years ago

Good points from all.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

WHAT?!? I am no longer at the top of the Pinside Oligarchy?
    It may be near impossible to only count the good posts. Unless you can run a scan for "bump" "+1" "." etc... and any swear words and filter them out. The original system wasn't perfect, heck few are. I am interested to see what people come up with to make it better.

I am with you on that.

Bump...lol

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Those days are hard to believe now. I remember when the forum was just a list of topics, and the first page would have a good 4 months of topics that had been posted in recently. Maybe 5 posts a day?

The pinball market has been flourishing my friend. It's on a major comeback as you already know. More posts=more pinballers. I think it's a good thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kholmes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/karma-points-1?tu=kholmes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.