Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Finrod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

133382-i.jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I went from a 'NGG score' to a 'WCS94 score' overnight! very cool. lol

#2 5 years ago

Agreed, went from a respectable score on CV to a monster game on AFM!

#3 5 years ago

yeah, I like it so far. We will see how it plays out.

#4 5 years ago

Wow, nice job guys!

#5 5 years ago

Damn I got booted from the top 20 just like that.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Looks like people who link games to threads are up top now, so that must have a huge impact on it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I dropped from #2 to #12 ...

#8 5 years ago

all i know is I am at a karma score that I never believed would be possible unless I posted like you old 100+k posters

#9 5 years ago

Just posting to check my karma points...

Ooh, I like it.

#10 5 years ago

I'm totally lost. I no longer have a reference for what is high/low.

You kids get off of my lawn, while I try to figure out this exponential growth!

Pete

#11 5 years ago

I fell off the hall of fame wall somehow. I am kinda happy about that.

#12 5 years ago

Do I get points for posting this?

#13 5 years ago

I hope my wife doesn't notice my karma points for a while. She is going to think that I have been doing nothing for the past month but posting on the Pinside forum instead of working.

I have been telling her that I have been working my butt off. Boy, will I be in trouble!!

#14 5 years ago

Karma points seem to be even less significant now than they were previously with these huge (meaningless) numbers.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Karma points seem to be even less significant now that they were previously with these huge (meaningless) numbers.

yup... i'd be curious as to the rationale behind this, it really doesn't seem to make any sense...

is there a way we can simply block them from coming up? i just thumbs up you and it sat there for an eternity and as it added one at a time?

#17 5 years ago

Haha. Oh well, I'm in the "Don't think point inflation is necessary for pinball" so I can't say I'm a fan here. Even so, I'm on the list for Predator and World Cup is one of my favorite games so it obviously can't bother me too much.

#18 5 years ago

bump to see my points.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I dropped from #2 to #12 ...

Where do they rank karma points? I have never seen a karma point ranking before?

#20 5 years ago

Much like the old arguments about score inflation back in the day on RGP, is it kosher to now argue about karma inflation??

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Karma points seem to be even less significant now that they were previously with these huge (meaningless) numbers.

I like the larger numbers. Seems more like pinball scores now.

Karma is never really meant to be significant, just shows how involved you are with the site. Having it so waited in favor of just posting ignores other ways you can participate in the site - linking events, ranking games you have played, uploading scores, linking games discussed to titles, etc.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where do they rank karma points? I have never seen a karma point ranking before?

http://pinside.com/pinball/community

Scroll down.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Karma is never really meant to be significant, just shows how involved you are with the site. Having it so waited in favor of just posting ignores other ways you can participate in the site - linking events, ranking games you have played, uploading scores, linking games discussed to titles, etc.

It looks like a post is now worth 1000 points, linking a game is worth 5000 points, and adding a pinball location is worth a whopping 50,000 points.

#24 5 years ago

i have ZERO idea how karma is being calculated now? it actually used to "mean something" to me, once i weeded out the posters who had high karma based on zillions of glws posts...

this makes it harder to weed out, ummm, not so useful posters, since it appears that actually posting gains zero karma, but linking games, uploading scores, etc. awards karma? or am i missing something?

sorry to gripe about it... but it seems to make the "karma system" even more pointless than it was before...

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i have ZERO idea how karma is being calculated now? it actually used to "mean something" to me, once i weeded out the posters who had high karma based on zillions of glws posts...
this makes it harder to weed out, ummm, not so useful posters, since it appears that actually posting gains zero karma, but linking games, uploading scores, etc. awards karma? or am i missing something?
sorry to gripe about it... but it seems to make the "karma system" even more pointless than it was before...

I think it is just a new system with more unknowns. Much more complex now actually and a lot cooler. It will just take some time to get used to it

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I think it is just a new system with more unknowns. Much more complex now actually and a lot cooler. It will just take some time to get used to it

i would have just rather seen it go away rather than become "more complex"...

#27 5 years ago

Yay meaningless internet points.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i would have just rather seen it go away rather than become "more complex"...

I just gave you a thumbs up, and your points spun up out of control!!!!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

lol, yea, i noticed that too when i thumbs up'd someone...

honestly, the "karma change" really looks like it falls under the category of "just because you CAN change something, doesn't mean you SHOULD change something"...

but i've been accused of being a whiny complaining sob before, and that may be the case here...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

lol, yea, i noticed that too when i thumbs up'd someone...
honestly, the "karma change" really looks like it falls under the category of "just because you CAN change something, doesn't mean you SHOULD change something"...
but i've been accused of being a whiny complaining sob before, and that may be the case here...

I also 'thumbed up' someone twice, and they got twice the points! That means I REALLY STRONGLY AGREE!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Quoted from coasterguy:

Me too. I'm retiring.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Karma points seem to be even less significant now than they were previously with these huge (meaningless) numbers.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what the point of adding all the zeros is for.

#33 5 years ago

Wow, that makes me feel like an old man. Other than HDC I've been on Pinside the longest. I should have generated more karma over those four and half years!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what the point of adding all the zeros is for.

Makes it more like a afm score then a woz score

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Robin said he liked the look of numbers that are more like pinball scores. I really couldn't care less either way.

Personally, I think he just wanted to see you guys fly off the handle over something meaningless.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I thought that was just my eyes. Some mornings you're just not quite prepared for big surprises.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought that was just my eyes. Some mornings you're just not quite prepared for big surprises.

That's what she said

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Robin said he liked the look of numbers that are more like pinball scores. I really couldn't care less either way.
Personally, I think he just wanted to see you guys fly off the handle over something meaningless.

Anytime anything is changed it takes some time to get use to it. In a month everyone will like the new system I believe. Just takes some getting use to. I for am glad karma is now not 100% post driven.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Karma is never really meant to be significant,

You got that right. Participating, helping pinball, that is way more important.

LTG : )

#41 5 years ago

I got bumped up to Guru status

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Makes it more like a afm score then a woz score

The truth! At the show this weekend multiple people commented they hated the WoZ low scoring. In the end it is of course all relative, but interesting people don't like it

#43 5 years ago

I checked out the standings. Admired all the nicknames.

And wondered what people not familiar with pinball or Pinside think if they run into it.

Our leader is Sealclubber.

Too funny.

I love pinball !

#44 5 years ago

Maybe an optional setting to hide karma points is in order.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I checked out the standings. Admired all the nicknames.
And wondered what people not familiar with pinball or Pinside think if they run into it.
Our leader is Sealclubber.
Too funny ...

You were the leader yesterday ...

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You were the leader yesterday ...

I missed that.

Oh well, better Sealclubber is our fearless leader.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

The truth! At the show this weekend multiple people commented they hated the WoZ low scoring. In the end it is of course all relative, but interesting people don't like it

I'm interesting and I like it.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

not if you own em's...

#49 5 years ago

Holy crap! Ive been bumped up quite a bit. I like the new "Imomortal" label though.

#50 5 years ago

Dang, these numbers remind me more of our federal debt and deficits! Sorry, no politics.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 109.99
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 269.99
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside