ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am just happy Karl found the time to get it done.... This is gunna be a kickass update!

Then why aren't you going to wait for it?

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12361

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The company that updated X-Men when they didn't have to? The one that came through with the Metallica code? The one that employs Steve Ritchie, who no only backs his games, but personally promised that they were going to keep working on the game and were listening directly to Pinside's feedback? That Stern?
I realize it, do you?
Have a little patience and faith.

Good points, but I disagree with your last sentence. You need to have a LOT of patience, not a little!

1 month later
#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

6 months ago everyone was upset with Lyman since there had been nothing on MET. Funny how it changes...

Yeah, Lyman does not "crank them out" when it comes to updates. He does get them done, and does a fantastic job. In a speedy manner? Hardly. MET is the most recent example.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Disagree. ST right now is more fun than Metallica was in the beginning. Lyman brought the pin to life, but it started flat and boring.

We've had this conversation before, but I will chime in again: disagree big time.

I owned both pins at the same time. MET code was way better than ST code prior to the MET update. And it wasn't even close really.

I always felt that MET had tons of potential for the code to be even better too. I never had that feeling with ST (and I still don't, though it's possible I guess) which is why I traded it.

Ironic that you use the words "flat and boring" to describe the MET code, when that description fits ST to a "T" in it's current incarnation. Flat. Boring. And very little uniqueness from mode to mode, they all feel the same.

Quoted from snaroff:

The big difference is the MET rules were promising from the start...game was fun/challenging from the beginning. The rules simply needed to be finished.

Exactly.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't have to choose between Metallica and Star Trek, I own them both, so works for me. Playing the "which unfinished game is/was better" game is boring, so I'm over that.

Dude, at least be honest and tell the whole story. You didn't get MET until AFTER the code was updated!

And you were the one that engaged in the "which unfinished game is/was better" game, so it's kind of ironic to call that boring and saying you are over it.

Oh, and I completely agree with the rest of your post.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Um, yeah, that's my point. I'm putting my money where my mouth is! I played the pin when it was brand new, and didn't buy it even though I liked the theme because I thought it was too basic. I knew the code was coming, but passed on Lisa's Premium bargain because I needed to play it with the new code first before buying. I was planning on a Pro, skip the hammer. The code's changes to the GI lighting changed my mind, glad I waited, the Pro was out as an option.
Lyman turned it into a great pin, and I was happy to pay the extra over the deal I missed for Robert's super clean LE. Because it turned into a good game!
I played Star Trek before I bought it, and I knew what the code was. It was good enough that I got it, with faith it would improve. X-Men and Metallica gave me that faith. I still have it, just not a hopeful as I once was.

Well then, I certainly can't argue with that.

This is how I want to handle my pin purchases in the future. If I have the willpower.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

SAD is like AFM's "Alien Invasion" on steroids

I think you mean Total Annihilation. Alien Invasion is on TSPP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/karl-urban-speech-recorded-last-week?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.