ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4life33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 9 years ago

It took a long time for the MET code too, in the end the game is passable be could be really epic with a solid update. I have faith that Stern will try to blow us all away they still have Premiums and Pro's out there they want to sell...

#151 9 years ago

Hey maybe people are getting it and sending a message as Mustang sales are not great right now... Thou IMO it has more to do with theme then a total revolt on NIB code updates... I really hope the wait it worth it like it was on MET... I know for myself there will be no more NIB purchases for me until the machine has a solid code update. Glad I just bought my ACDC BIBLE as it makes a big difference when you have a machine that is complete, just no love for ST right now until we get a massive code update to improve the rules... However, IMO if they actually listen to some of the suggestions on the boards the update will be awesome, like the MET one was...

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The big difference is the MET rules were promising from the start...game was fun/challenging from the beginning. The rules simply needed to be finished.
With STLE, the core rules don't have as much promise...pin just seems flat. If this were a movie, it would need more than an ending. The story/plot would need more of a major overhaul.

I totally disagree MET was sub-par before the update, there were many comments to this effect, and many people who were actually dumping their machines essentially the new coding saved it...

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Random comments and people dumping machines don't impact me. I see you own an ST and don't own a Metallica, so I understand your bias. I own both and my opinions are solely based on owning/playing both machines.

Ya for sure owning a ST may impact that but IMO MET was lacking but the code really put it over the top, ST has awesome flow, has finished modes just doesn't have a very solid ruleset on it right now. It plays good but if you are a descent player it plays pretty easy and with there not being a lot of difference in the modes can feel a bit of the same ole thing. I found MET just silly with the running joke of a 500K mystery scoop, and just no real purpose until the crank it up and end of the line modes came into play... I may not own MET but had around 50 games on it before the update happened and in my opinion was not as good out of the box as ST was...

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree the 500k mystery scoop was annoying...but that's a perfect example of easy code to tweak without disrupting other aspects of the game.
With all due respect, saying MET had no "real purpose" until CIU is crazy. Did you achieve "Seek and Destroy" in your 50 games? SAD is like AFM's "Alien Invasion" on steroids (non-trivial, lot's of shot to complete). What about "And Justice for All..."? I find both Grave Marker and Snake MB more fun to achieve than the ST MB's.
ST is a fun shooting game...no doubt. Love SR's work. Unfortunately, the rules are disappointing and I really don't have a clue how they are going to fix them. With MET, the "fixes" were much more obvious...

Yep did hit seek and destroy and it was definitely something to do in the game thou especially in tournament play not really something you went for in the game IMO, it was just Sparky all day long to rack up points... I agree that the snake shot is very satisfying just like the warp ramp shot is in ST... Again I am not bagging on MET at all, I think the game was okay before the update, but feel that ST is a little more polished in the initial code than MET was. It took a long time for the MET code to come out and my hope is that when ST comes out it get the same treatment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4life33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/karl-urban-speech-recorded-last-week?tu=pins4life33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.