ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just hope it's taking so long because they're really putting a lot of effort into it, not because it's just lagging.

Or because mustang was such a flop they're allocating all resources in efforts to try and revive it, hence, all the big updates it's gotten. I have faith in Ritchie, but not so much in his superiors who appear to be making the calls on when and how much time should be allocated to an update. Don't want to sound like a downer, I know someday Ritchie will want his game to be at a respectable level. But since the production line is filled up with mustangs, IMs, and mmr next, I see no reason stern should try to sell anymore star treks at this time especially since we keep buying unfinished games. They sold plenty enough with the name 'Ritchie' backing it, they can essentially move on and let Star Trek go by the waste side. We've seen it with TF, XMEN, AVLE, and now it's STs turn. We've already heard Steve Ritchie said that the missions are at an acceptable level to them where in fact we pointed out all the flaws with missions (primarily level 1 missions and the effort involved to start 18 missions).

Sorry, but I've lived this too many times before with TF and xmen. Takes months and months and months for a quality update and what comes....a half ass written code with half the length and depth of a Lyman update and a stamp of Xmas present approval. We always say it's taking long because we want to believe they are working on a big update, but I call BS on that. I honestly don't anticipate all that big of an update anymore. If they truly have been working on it for 8 months, we would have gotten bits and pieces.

STLE has not had one single rule change since being released - it's only had an adjustment to the kick back, warp chase lights fix, and a few animations w call outs added. Enough is enough; the kook-aide juice has expired, JJPs team is looking better and better. Now is a good time to sit back and take a break from the hobby until these manufacturers can get their shit together. Time to go back to the old motto of not putting trust in a designer, programmer, or company for that matter and buy games that are complete. Yea, my bad whatever - sometimes we need to be punished to see the light.

Hey that all said, at least Star Trek is best game stern has had without a good update.

/rant over peace out - no more Guinnea pig cage for me, this time I mean it.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You must have some good insider info. to back this up because Stern doesn't release sales info. Can you share?

Flop is such a harsh word and I hate using and I apologize, I got caught up in the moment. That said I had a lengthy conversation with my distributor and he even said stern was surprised at how poor the sales and demand are on mustang. They honestly believed it was going to be a good theme in today's market. The game may be cool and fun, hell I owned a BBH for 2 years and love it. But that doesn't deter to the fact that some games and themes just don't sell well.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Anybody who says that Stern isn't making Star Trek pins anymore or doesn't plan on making any more code updates has no idea what he's talking about.
A massive update is coming, with many rule changes and Urban's callouts. I dare say it will be the single largest update Stern has ever issued on the S.A.M. system.

I never said they won't ever sell more, I just believe they're stuck in limbo to try and sell them at this moment. I've been through this with xmen and TF, and their updates were not very massive after months and months of waiting. (Year for TF). For what it's worth, they got Xmen finally right (well 90% right) but took them well over a year but you could tell they weren't in no rush to do it granted they sold out the les months before release.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Conversely I'd list the things to do on ACDC or Metallica but I don't feel like typing that much. Where is House of Pins when you need him??? Lol
Plus both games above have multipliers that work!

Yea, you'd think they'd actually fix the multipliers at the very least on ST by now. Shrug

5 months later
#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I don't have a ST, but I was watching the Bowen tutorial video and thought it looked pretty nice. Just wondered on how the speech pack worked out. Does it make the game better/more enjoyable?

Tons of great speech in ST. One of the better call out games in the past 5 years by stern IMO. Col Stevens custom speech; Karl urban custom speech; Klingon custom speech; computer voice custom speech; with a splash of movie quotes brings this game to life. It just needs a little overall attention to polished detail and a few rules tweaks to bring it altogether.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Mine did too, it will only happen on specific circumstances code/mode wise. I don't know how to duplicate it, but I bet someone on here does.

If I remember correctly the bug occurs if stacked with a specific mission and maybe even when that mission is or is not completed during the multiball? There's 18 missions so tough to say but I want to believe it's one of the Klingon battle missions or Nero. I don't recall if I've seen the bug in person, certainly not recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/karl-urban-speech-recorded-last-week?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.