ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 9 years ago

Hey maybe people are getting it and sending a message as Mustang sales are not great right now... Thou IMO it has more to do with theme then a total revolt on NIB code updates... I really hope the wait it worth it like it was on MET... I know for myself there will be no more NIB purchases for me until the machine has a solid code update. Glad I just bought my ACDC BIBLE as it makes a big difference when you have a machine that is complete, just no love for ST right now until we get a massive code update to improve the rules... However, IMO if they actually listen to some of the suggestions on the boards the update will be awesome, like the MET one was...

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Hey maybe people are getting it and sending a message as Mustang sales are not great right now... Thou IMO it has more to do with theme then a total revolt on NIB code updates... I really hope the wait it worth it like it was on MET... I know for myself there will be no more NIB purchases for me until the machine has a solid code update. Glad I just bought my ACDC BIBLE as it makes a big difference when you have a machine that is complete, just no love for ST right now until we get a massive code update to improve the rules... However, IMO if they actually listen to some of the suggestions on the boards the update will be awesome, like the MET one was...

If ST sales are stagnant, it's purely based on code & word of mouth. The theme & design are solid and popular....but, since the LEs are pretty much sold out - there's no rush for potential customers to get a Pro or Premium until current owners are like "HOLY SHIT! BEST GAME EVAAAH!"

If Mustang sales are stagnant, that's purely theme....that game could get the most amazing code ever, but "the masses" just won't feel motivated to drop a ton of dough on it. Sure, all licensed themes are licensed, but pop culture/movies/music feel cool, with nostalgia for stories, characters, and tunes....Ford Mustang just feels like product placement. It feels a little skeevy to pay for product placement.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If Mustang sales are stagnant, that's purely theme....

I keep saying this, but it's not just the Mustang theme causing stagnant sales (assuming that's true). I drive a Mustang, and when the pin was announced I felt for sure it would be my next NIB. I had the 'ok' from the wife and everything. I was *stoked* to buy a Mustang. But, after playing the pro, prem and LE I just wasn't very excited about it. It wasn't the theme. For me, it was that Mustang didn't stack up well against Met or ST (I already have AC/DC). Compared to those two, I just could not pull the trigger on Mustang, and ended up getting ST prem instead. So far, I'm happy with that decision, and look forward to the next ST code update.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I keep saying this, but it's not just the Mustang theme causing stagnant sales (assuming that's true). I drive a Mustang, and when the pin was announced I felt for sure it would be my next NIB. I had the 'ok' from the wife and everything. I was *stoked* to buy a Mustang. But, after playing the pro, prem and LE I just wasn't very excited about it. It wasn't the theme. For me, it was that Mustang didn't stack up well against Met or ST (I already have AC/DC). Compared to those two, I just could not pull the trigger on Mustang, and ended up getting ST prem instead. So far, I'm happy with that decision, and look forward to the next ST code update.

Theme can drive initial sales. The game will have to speak for itself to remain a hit (AC/DC, for example).

Mustang theme: Dud out of the gate

You're saying the game blows, too? Double whammy....although gameplay is highly subjective. Many people like playing Mustang. It's just never gonna get over its theme to gain a Prem/LE sales spike.

#155 9 years ago

I feel much better after venting in this thread yesterday, went ahead and got the next part of my Star Trek translite done that I had been putting off. Couldn't really proceed with out it, so now I'm in tinker mode again.

Now I can race the code release!

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel much better after venting in this thread yesterday, went ahead and got the next part of my Star Trek translite done that I had been putting off. Couldn't really proceed with out it, so now I'm in tinker mode again.

Pics or it didn't happen

#158 9 years ago

yea, maybe I'll put a pic of you hand on my ST as the translight. Can we get alternative watch brands though?

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can we get alternative watch brands though?

I could offer a different Omega, have an Aqua Terra with blued hands and indices, might work nicely with the Pro t-molding color.

#160 9 years ago

I'm out of room in my game area. I have IMVE and MMR coming in. Something has to go. I've been holding out on an update for ST, but my breath is running out and I'm turning the same color as the playfield....

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I'm out of room in my game area.

^ I'm thinking of getting the MMR and then waiting to see how the code update looks for ST. At some point, I am going to have to sell another pin, but it's a very tough decision. As they say, first-world problems. I am incredibly fortunate to be in this dilemma. Do you remember how amazed you were to get even one pinball machine in your house? I never would have dreamed I'd have a wall of them.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm very curious about this. I hope it integrates well with the Premium cabinet art, which is my favorite of the 3 designs. It's conveys action and danger in a simple shot from the movie.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm very curious about this. I hope it integrates well with the Premium cabinet art, which is my favorite of the 3 designs. It's conveys action and danger in a simple shot from the movie.

All I can say is it will feature the Enterprise instead of head shots, not a fan of big actor faces, and it won't be a scene from any of the movies, or use any non-original art (movie stills, posters etc). That would be dull as a project.

I shouldn't have teased it in the first place, I know better, but I got a little giddy when I got the machine I guess and couldn't resist. I hope I haven't built it up into something mythical, it's just a fun project to try and bring the ship to my machine (I have a Premium myself, but I'm conscious that it needs to work with both the red and blue t-molding options). I hope people like it, but I'm not done, so I haven't reached the important part, which is when I like it. Won't be done until that happens.

Funny how ranting at Stern seems to have broken the "artist's block" I had about it, enjoyed doing some digital painting on it today. Just needed a little passion in some form I guess.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image-554.jpg 133 KB

nice, I hope to get a speedmaster some day...

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

nice, I hope to get a speedmaster some day...

I love the original but I'm

a) lazy and want an automatic and not a hand wind

b) mentally deficient about what day it is, and need a date window

so Speedmaster Date was perfect. Plus it's 40mm, which is good because I'm a skinny dude and can't pull off these massive watches that got popular. 44mm and up beasts aren't for me!

#166 9 years ago

Code! Release the code!

#167 9 years ago

What did all the MET guys do while they were waiting for code? ...that thread was epic, but I could not keep up with it.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

What did all the MET guys do while they were waiting for code? ...that thread was epic, but I could not keep up with it.

Well chessiv and I started putting real money down towards the end.

I'm not betting anything this time around, because frankly I don't think the code is close.

#169 9 years ago

Holiday hours today, done at 1PM, code should be up soon?

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

1PM, code should be up soon?

wishful_thinking180.jpgwishful_thinking180.jpg

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I just played it...cuz it was still fun.

#172 9 years ago

Stern's programmers have some extra time this summer with MMr and Iron Man being made that require no coding on Stern's part.

I'm guessing the code drops in August.

#173 9 years ago

Regardless of needing the update, this game still has a lot of fun and challenge. I knew I was on a roll when I finished Prime Directive 2 by getting all the Blue/Yellow shots in a row...pretty much a "full game combo". I finally got to Enterprise Amok (2nd Wizard Mode for completing all Level 1 & 2 modes) and it was pretty cool...got a new GC score, too - which SURELY means an update is soon - cuz that's how it works, I get a great high score and then have to nuke it w/ the update!

ST_GCscore.jpgST_GCscore.jpg
#174 9 years ago

I've been very happy with my STLE but reading this thread has me anxious.

I want Bones to give me directions!

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I've been very happy with my STLE but reading this thread has me anxious.
I want Bones to give me directions!

Fixed it for ya!

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Holiday hours today, done at 1PM, code should be up soon?

We're not getting code before the 4th of July, that was an unfounded rumor. My advice is don't hold your breath for a while.

#177 9 years ago

The one thing to remember is Lyman is not cranking this one out. He loves what he does and takes it home to work on. Not saying it won't get done, but may need to wait quite a bit longer for this code

Scott

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The one thing to remember is Lyman is not cranking this one out. He loves what he does and takes it home to work on. Not saying it won't get done, but may need to wait quite a bit longer for this code
Scott

Lyman has 0% to do with Star Trek code. It was Lonnie & Tanio's game.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

6 months ago everyone was upset with Lyman since there had been nothing on MET. Funny how it changes...

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

6 months ago everyone was upset with Lyman since there had been nothing on MET. Funny how it changes...

Funny how it doesn't change you mean.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get a great high score and then have to nuke it w/ the update!

Yep, if only there was *some* way you could preserve your high scores when a new update comes out...

EDIT: Also congrats on the score and getting to Enterprise Amok. I've only done it once without cheating, but I find cheating makes not only baby Jesus cry, but the game more fun. That right outlane doesn't get much action nowadays lol.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yep, if only there was *some* way you could preserve your high scores when a new update comes out...

I don't mind wiping the score...usually rules and scoring changes, so your old score is irrelevant....I wish you could keep the audits though...number of plays, etc.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty sure that's the point he was making. Lyman often has a version of the game he's working on at home to work on. I doubt the guys on ST are doing the same.

#184 9 years ago

Yeah, keeping scores is lame, when the code changes the scoring changes, would feel weird to preserve some score from a different playing game. Here's hoping the code update is actually substantial enough to make my point ring true.

I really wish we could keep the audits too though, total game plays for the life of the machine would be awesome.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't mind wiping the score...usually rules and scoring changes, so your old score is irrelevant....I wish you could keep the audits though...number of plays, etc.

I guess you just have to spend time jotting down the audits you think are important. I wonder if Stern's new hardware platform will address this. Would be nice to dump audits to a memory stick and then bring it in with the updates.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Isn't that what I said? Since he isn't working on it - it will take longer - my belief

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I guess you just have to spend time jotting down the audits you think are important. I wonder if Stern's new hardware platform will address this. Would be nice to dump audits to a memory stick and then bring it in with the updates.

I usually dump the audits to the USB stick before I do an update.

Seems like Big Buck Hunter did have a "total plays" audit somewhere that kept track of lifetime plays. I wonder which other games had/have it.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Isn't that what I said? Since he isn't working on it - it will take longer - my belief

I guess...Steve read it that way...

"The one thing to remember is Lyman is not cranking this one out. He loves what he does and takes it home to work on."

To me, it sounded like you thought he was working on it... "not cranking this one out" means he won't just put out code unless he's happy with it (like Metallica)....then the comment about taking it home also read as though he was taking this code home to work on, and that's why we won't see it for a while. Had you said "Not working on this game", it would have made more sense to me.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guess...Steve read it that way...
"The one thing to remember is Lyman is not cranking this one out. He loves what he does and takes it home to work on."
To me, it sounded like you thought he was working on it... "not cranking this one out" means he won't just put out code unless he's happy with it (like Metallica)....then the comment about taking it home also read as though he was taking this code home to work on, and that's why we won't see it for a while. Had you said "Not working on this game", it would have made more sense to me.

Agreed - now lets get some code for our STs....

#190 9 years ago

Im happy waiting, when I get it I want to to be DONE.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Im happy waiting, when I get it I want to to be DONE.

True - but I do miss the days of incremental updates, especially fundamental things or unused things. A baby update with flashers coded & kickback coded to kick again if it sense the switch again would have been nice.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

The big difference is the MET rules were promising from the start...game was fun/challenging from the beginning. The rules simply needed to be finished.

With STLE, the core rules don't have as much promise...pin just seems flat. If this were a movie, it would need more than an ending. The story/plot would need more of a major overhaul.

#193 9 years ago

Disagree. ST right now is more fun than Metallica was in the beginning. Lyman brought the pin to life, but it started flat and boring.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The big difference is the MET rules were promising from the start...game was fun/challenging from the beginning. The rules simply needed to be finished.
With STLE, the core rules don't have as much promise...pin just seems flat. If this were a movie, it would need more than an ending. The story/plot would need more of a major overhaul.

It's generally the same type of game as any traditional mode based game...just with mode modes/choice how to play the modes.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

True - but I do miss the days of incremental updates

Agree 100%!

A-Word-Of-Encouragement.jpgA-Word-Of-Encouragement.jpg
#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Disagree. ST right now is more fun than Metallica was in the beginning. Lyman brought the pin to life, but it started flat and boring.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Since I have an LE, believe me, I want to like it! STLE was almost 2x the price of my MET Pro (which I enjoy 10x more than STLE).

#197 9 years ago

I have a Metallica LE, but I didn't buy it until the code matured, starting 4 multiballs wasn't enough to make me want to play before.

Now I love it! So code can make all the difference.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Yeah, Lyman does not "crank them out" when it comes to updates. He does get them done, and does a fantastic job. In a speedy manner? Hardly. MET is the most recent example.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I totally disagree MET was sub-par before the update, there were many comments to this effect, and many people who were actually dumping their machines essentially the new coding saved it...

#200 9 years ago

I'm not a fan of the band Metallica, but the pinball machine felt to me like it had a lot of potential early on. I hope to own the game for at least a while someday. In the same vein, I'm not into cars, but I feel like Mustang has even more potential than Metallica did. I'd enjoy having it for a while. Point me towards an X-Men these days and I'll be happy for hours and hours. *g*

Before the Atlanta expo, I had played Star Trek maybe 10 times. It seemed okay, but nothing about it really grabbed me early on like I was expecting/hoping it would since STTNG is my second favorite machine of all time. After the expo was over, a deal on a ST Pro popped up that I couldn't pass up. I've put a lot more games on it now, and there is a lot of good stuff in it. Something still just isn't quite clicking for me though. I hope the coming update(s) help me turn the corner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/karl-urban-speech-recorded-last-week/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.