ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago

My G-d Man, when is the new code coming?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not like this one..It's a Keller restored MM and it is so Crazy nice that it makes my pants shrink every time I look at it.

Que obligatory Keller/MM shooter lane pic....

image-644.jpg 40 KB

I shudder at the price likely plonked down for that...I'd never sell either.

#53 7 years ago

Yes, give us all that Hot Karl action we've been waiting for! *ahem* *slowly backs out of the room*

Seriously, should be awesome along with the code improvements.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Yes, give us all that Hot Karl action we've been waiting for!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

My G-d Man, when is the new code coming?

I just hope it's taking so long because they're really putting a lot of effort into it, not because it's just lagging.

#57 7 years ago

sorry Aurich just had too!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just hope it's taking so long because they're really putting a lot of effort into it, not because it's just lagging.

Or because mustang was such a flop they're allocating all resources in efforts to try and revive it, hence, all the big updates it's gotten. I have faith in Ritchie, but not so much in his superiors who appear to be making the calls on when and how much time should be allocated to an update. Don't want to sound like a downer, I know someday Ritchie will want his game to be at a respectable level. But since the production line is filled up with mustangs, IMs, and mmr next, I see no reason stern should try to sell anymore star treks at this time especially since we keep buying unfinished games. They sold plenty enough with the name 'Ritchie' backing it, they can essentially move on and let Star Trek go by the waste side. We've seen it with TF, XMEN, AVLE, and now it's STs turn. We've already heard Steve Ritchie said that the missions are at an acceptable level to them where in fact we pointed out all the flaws with missions (primarily level 1 missions and the effort involved to start 18 missions).

Sorry, but I've lived this too many times before with TF and xmen. Takes months and months and months for a quality update and what comes....a half ass written code with half the length and depth of a Lyman update and a stamp of Xmas present approval. We always say it's taking long because we want to believe they are working on a big update, but I call BS on that. I honestly don't anticipate all that big of an update anymore. If they truly have been working on it for 8 months, we would have gotten bits and pieces.

STLE has not had one single rule change since being released - it's only had an adjustment to the kick back, warp chase lights fix, and a few animations w call outs added. Enough is enough; the kook-aide juice has expired, JJPs team is looking better and better. Now is a good time to sit back and take a break from the hobby until these manufacturers can get their shit together. Time to go back to the old motto of not putting trust in a designer, programmer, or company for that matter and buy games that are complete. Yea, my bad whatever - sometimes we need to be punished to see the light.

Hey that all said, at least Star Trek is best game stern has had without a good update.

/rant over peace out - no more Guinnea pig cage for me, this time I mean it.

#59 7 years ago

It took a long time for the MET code too, in the end the game is passable be could be really epic with a solid update. I have faith that Stern will try to blow us all away they still have Premiums and Pro's out there they want to sell...

#60 7 years ago

Karl Urban was never intended to be in this pin at the beginning of coding,
I would guess the code is getting a total re-write now,
Bring it on Stern

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Karl Urban was never intended to be in this pin at the beginning of coding,
I would guess the code is getting a total re-write now,
Bring it on Stern

Not a chance it's getting a total rewrite.

Look, I'll be pretty happy if it even just gets the "basics"

-Karl Urban, as promised.
-An actual Vengeance 3 mode (right now it's kind of just a mix of 1's dots and 2's Hurry-Up)
-Some cool reward/mode for Warp 9.9
-Fix the damn kickback! If the kickback flubs but senses the ball coming back on the switch, it needs to fire again OR give you the ball back "Ball Save" style. It's not that hard, other games with kickbacks will fire multiple times if the ball comes back again
-Make the Prem/LE flashers do stuff!!!
-Don't start the laser disco show until the Klingon MB animation/GI FX start
-Fix the Kirk quotes that are cut up for no reason (ex. "Your mouth!")
-Give "Away Team" a reason to exist besides mode start. I like it as a mode start, but it should do something else, too.
-"Silent" animation on the DMD should get sound FX. It blows to see lasers, people hitting each other, etc without sounds. X-Men never got sound FX for its animation, so I'm not holding my breath....but, they should do it.

#63 7 years ago

- a three in a column aniamation when you played mode I, II and III. now you see the three in a row animation.

#64 7 years ago

Anybody who says that Stern isn't making Star Trek pins anymore or doesn't plan on making any more code updates has no idea what he's talking about.

A massive update is coming, with many rule changes and Urban's callouts. I dare say it will be the single largest update Stern has ever issued on the S.A.M. system.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

A massive update is coming, with many rule changes and Urban's callouts.

I hope you're right. I really do....

#66 7 years ago

Anybody who says that Stern isn't making Star Trek pins anymore or doesn't plan on making any more code updates has no idea what he's talking about.
A massive update is coming, with many rule changes and Urban's callouts. I dare say it will be the single largest update Stern has ever issued on the S.A.M. system.

lm totally with this quote! Stern have something cooking for y all to enjoy.. patience my friends patience..

think about how they turn around Metallica even though it took them an half year, Startrek will be no different, plus it is not as half assed as the metallica used to be before the massive update.. but if u think only Karl his voice will be implemented in the game, then u guys are wrong and u will be in for an treat. Stern will Rock this SciFi baby to its full potential.. mark my words

#67 7 years ago

I just want the shield targets on the pro to do something......

#68 7 years ago

I really enjoy my STLE with the current code. Some of the voice cues are horrible, though. A few adjustments (perfectly explained by Rarehero) and the Urban voice work will make this a keeper for me.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or because mustang was such a flop they're allocating all resources in efforts to try and revive it,

You must have some good insider info. to back this up because Stern doesn't release sales info. Can you share?

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You must have some good insider info. to back this up because Stern doesn't release sales info. Can you share?

Flop is such a harsh word and I hate using and I apologize, I got caught up in the moment. That said I had a lengthy conversation with my distributor and he even said stern was surprised at how poor the sales and demand are on mustang. They honestly believed it was going to be a good theme in today's market. The game may be cool and fun, hell I owned a BBH for 2 years and love it. But that doesn't deter to the fact that some games and themes just don't sell well.

I never said they won't ever sell more, I just believe they're stuck in limbo to try and sell them at this moment. I've been through this with xmen and TF, and their updates were not very massive after months and months of waiting. (Year for TF). For what it's worth, they got Xmen finally right (well 90% right) but took them well over a year but you could tell they weren't in no rush to do it granted they sold out the les months before release.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

lm totally with this quote! Stern have something cooking for y all to enjoy.. patience my friends patience..
think about how they turn around Metallica even though it took them an half year, Startrek will be no different, plus it is not as half assed as the Metallica used to be before the massive update.. but if u think only Karl his voice will be implemented in the game, then u guys are wrong and u will be in for an treat. Stern will Rock this SciFi baby to its full potential.. mark my words

There was one difference with MET - Lyman was on the case, so you didn't know when you would get code but that it would be good when it finally came.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

[Mustang] may be cool and fun, hell I owned a BBH for 2 years and love it. But that doesn't deter to the fact that some games and themes just don't sell well.

If Mustang is not selling well, I'm not sure that is because of the theme. I drive a Mustang, and *really* wanted to like the pin. I assumed it would be my next NIB. But after playing it a bunch, alongside MET and ST...I just could not pull the trigger. I'm not a 'Treckie' - the movies were ok - but the ST pin blew me away compared to Mustang. Full RGB LED's, three ramps, magnet, 3rd flipper....and of course, Steve Ritchie flow. So far, I've been really happy with my decision. ....of course, a nice code update could really push this pin to the next level.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sorry, but I've lived this too many times before with TF and xmen. Takes months and months and months for a quality update and what comes....a half ass written code with half the length and depth of a Lyman update and a stamp of Xmas present approval. We always say it's taking long because we want to believe they are working on a big update, but I call BS on that. I honestly don't anticipate all that big of an update anymore. If they truly have been working on it for 8 months, we would have gotten bits and pieces.
STLE has not had one single rule change since being released - it's only had an adjustment to the kick back, warp chase lights fix, and a few animations w call outs added. Enough is enough; the kook-aide juice has expired, JJPs team is looking better and better. Now is a good time to sit back and take a break from the hobby until these manufacturers can get their shit together. Time to go back to the old motto of not putting trust in a designer, programmer, or company for that matter and buy games that are complete. Yea, my bad whatever - sometimes we need to be punished to see the light.

Nice rant Eskaybee

It is for reasons like this that I have gotten off the NIB train. Waited too long for X-men (arguably there should still be one more patch to fix bugs), AVLE still has some bugs that could be fixed. Honestly, just the fact that there are known, documented bugs still in the software for several pins, and Stern won't release updates to fix drives me crazy. Adding new features, new rules, new animations, that is all gravy and I love to see it, but bug fixing should be priority #1 imo, especially before you declare a product "finished".

As for ST, the wait has been long. However I was expecting it too after previous experience so I haven't hit the rage point there yet. Probably will if fall hits and still no update.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

+ pro virtual kick back

+1 Yes please.....

#75 7 years ago

If Stern announces The Walking Dead people will line up to buy it, saying things like "dream theme" and all the usual nonsense. And the code will probably be unfinished and we'll rinse and repeat. We never learn.

I'm not exactly revealing any revelations here, but what incentive does Stern have to even do the work when we're obviously still buying their half-broken products?

I had really hoped that the release of X-Men and Metallica code was an acknowledgment of the importance from Stern. I had hoped that Ritchie being candid about the update being worked on and the Karl Urban announcement meant that they understood a little more communication was going a long way to help people be patient and understanding.

And now we're once again stuck in limbo, and even those of us who like the game and have been trying to defend it and the process are losing faith. We know Stern reads these threads. Hi Jody and Lyman and Steve and everyone else who lurks here sucking up our words silently! You're starting to really piss us off again, maybe throw a bone to the people who spend $7000 on your games? A "hey, no date yet, but it's being worked on" would be a nice start.

I don't know who makes this policy of total silence about updates being worked on, but your policy sucks, and you should rethink it. There's an entire gaming industry out there that doesn't operate like a black box, and somehow they thrive and survive. Stop being so goddamn stubborn about it. Keep your secrets about upcoming themes and testing the SAM replacement and all that other stuff that's justifiably kept close to the chest, but there's absolutely no reason to keep your loyal supporters in the dark about things they've already thrown so much money at.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I never said they won't ever sell more, I just believe they're stuck in limbo to try and sell them at this moment. I've been through this with xmen and TF, and their updates were not very massive after months and months of waiting. (Year for TF). For what it's worth, they got Xmen finally right (well 90% right) but took them well over a year but you could tell they weren't in no rush to do it granted they sold out the les months before release.

Ever game is different. You can't say that because X-Men and TF never had a late massive update, that Star Trek won't. The fact that X-Men even got an update at all ofter being discontinued is encouraging. And Lyman's massive polish of Tron's code was late in the game. Stern is changing.

2 important things to consider

#1. Neither of those the two games you mentioned, or any other Stern to my knowledge, has had an actor's call-outs added AFTER the game was released. This is a big deal. It's not just a few lines added in. I spoke with Steve Ritchie at the Texas Pinball Festival, and he said that Karl recorded one and a half hours of material for the game! That's a huge pool to pull from! This will not be a little nip/tuck of the existing code.

#2. Steve Ritchie has has mentioned many times that they are working on a rules code update. There is an entire thread on Pinside devoted to what needs to be changed, and Steve has sent encouraging responses to that discussion, and complemented the thread for focusing on what can be improved and not going downhill like so many threads do around here. So Steve is actively listening to the owners.

The fact that this code hasn't come out quickly is encouraging to me. It means they are taking their time on it. It is a big ordeal to add a ton of Urban's voice work and improve the modes. We are all going to be grateful for their time.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're starting to really piss us off again, maybe throw a bone to the people who spend $7000 on your games? A "hey, no date yet, but it's being worked on" would be a nice start.

Aurich, how long have you owned your ST? ...are you really that pissed off that ST code hasn't been updated yet? I thought I remember a thread where you (or someone?) mentioned it was expected to drop sometime this summer. ...any rumors of release dates out there? I've owned my ST less than a month, and while it's still pretty 'minty fresh' for me, I know a code update is needed. ...but I'm not at the point where I'm 'pissed' it hasn't been released yet. Anxious? Perhaps, but not pissed.

#78 7 years ago

Lets hope so capt'n Kirk and Aurich I'm with you. This is getting a bit old.

#79 7 years ago

There is an entire thread on Pinside devoted to what needs to be changed, and Steve has sent encouraging responses to that discussion

And then radio f-ing silence for months. Sorry, not good enough. The good will from that is gone for me. Asking for even the smallest update isn't unreasonable. But Stern has their heads up their asses on this issue, they always have, and it's obvious that any little hints that they were changing on it were false. Was a time it didn't matter, because they shipped finished games. That's no longer the case.

I love Stern games, I love the designers and coders and people working there, and I want them to grow and be successful. I also feel like telling everyone I know "don't buy their games when they come out". How screwed up is that? Something isn't right when you get those two contradictions together.

The fact that this code hasn't come out quickly is encouraging to me. It means they are taking their time on it. It is a big ordeal to add a ton of Urban's voice work and improve the modes. We are all going to be grateful for their time.

Here's hoping. The fact that the code hasn't come out and that Stern hasn't said boo could also mean they pulled the entire team off Star Trek to work on Mustang and it's just been sitting there languishing. We don't know. Because they refuse to tell us anything.

When your communication is worse than Jersey Jack's then you're not in a good place.

#80 7 years ago

Ever game is different. You can't say that because X-Men and TF never had a late massive update, that Star Trek won't. The fact that X-Men even got an update at all ofter being discontinued is encouraging. And Lyman's massive polish of Tron's code was late in the game. Stern is changing.
2 important things to consider
#1. Neither of those the two games you mentioned, or any other Stern to my knowledge, has had an actor's call-outs added AFTER the game was released. This is a big deal. It's not just a few lines added in. I spoke with Steve Ritchie at the Texas Pinball Festival, and he said that Karl recorded one and a half hours of material for the game! That's a huge pool to pull from! This will not be a little nip/tuck of the existing code.
#2. Steve Ritchie has has mentioned many times that they are working on a rules code update. There is an entire thread on Pinside devoted to what needs to be changed, and Steve has sent encouraging responses to that discussion, and complemented the thread for focusing on what can be improved and not going downhill like so many threads do around here. So Steve is actively listening to the owners.

I wouldn't use the word grateful.

When paying over $7000 for a toy, I expect it to be all it can be. And radio silence is just frustration. I lost patience and sold my STLE. That team away shot just killed it for me.

Anyway, it's quite simple now, I will only buy totally finished games - chances are they will be cheaper by that time as well.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Aurich, how long have you owned your ST? ...are you really that pissed off that ST code hasn't been updated yet?

I'm pissed that it's a black f-ing hole when it comes to even the most measly information more than the fact that it hasn't been updated. If the code's not ready, and you need more time, just tell us. That's all I'm asking for. When was the Karl Urban announcement? FFS, what a ridiculous cock tease that was. And that's why I'm mad really, Stern's happy to roll out the PR blitz when the game is new, announce Urban as a way to goose sales, but then when they've moved on it's no big deal that the update just languished. Throw us a bone! We're actually pretty easy to keep happy with the most minimal of effort.

I'm sure Ritchie finds it frustrating. Maybe they're all frustrated. I'm not personally mad at anyone except the person who decided silence is the policy. Is that Gary? Gomez? Jody? No clue. Whichever one of you it is, stop it already, you make me want to not buy your products with your asinine behavior.

I've had my game since February, to answer your question. I don't really play it anymore. I'm actually more sick of the audio than the rules, I can't take the repetitive (looong) clips. I really hope the Urban update part is legit.

Right now I'm playing Metallica and Tron, it's not that I don't like Stern games. I waited on Metallica until the code was "done", thankfully. It's hard to find much faith in anyone but Lyman, and even then, the black hole wait on that sucked for the owners. I lost $50 trying to defend Stern on that one!

batman-stern.jpg

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've had my game since February, to answer your question.

I can understand your frustration - no doubt. But, I'm optimistic we will see new ST code before the end of this summer. I'm excited about it. Like you did with MET, I waited 'till AC/DC got it's big update before purchasing. For ST, it will be my first NIB 'big code update'. As ST is still new to me, I'm playing and having fun. When the new code drops, it will be like getting a new game again. ...IMHO, of course.

Hey - one last question - are you still working on ST alternate translite?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I wouldn't use the word grateful.
When paying over $7000 for a toy, I expect it to be all it can be. And radio silence is just frustration. I lost patience and sold my STLE. That team away shot just killed it for me.
Anyway, it's quite simple now, I will only buy totally finished games - chances are they will be cheaper by that time as well.

Let me re-phrase that.

Those of us that actually own the game and have had patience are going to be grateful.

People that sold it prematurely.....not so much. They may be kicking themselves later.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And then radio f-ing silence for months. Sorry, not good enough. The good will from that is gone for me. Asking for even the smallest update isn't unreasonable. But Stern has their heads up their asses on this issue, they always have, and it's obvious that any little hints that they were changing on it were false. Was a time it didn't matter, because they shipped finished games. That's no longer the case.
I love Stern games, I love the designers and coders and people working there, and I want them to grow and be successful. I also feel like telling everyone I know "don't buy their games when they come out". How screwed up is that? Something isn't right when you get those two contradictions together.

b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's hoping. The fact that the code hasn't come out and that Stern hasn't said boo could also mean they pulled the entire team off Star Trek to work on Mustang and it's just been sitting there languishing. We don't know. Because they refuse to tell us anything.
When your communication is worse than Jersey Jack's then you're not in a good place.

Different combination of teams work on different pins. It's not like the entire Star Trek team got pulled to just work on Mustang.

And with the Iron Man VE and MMR, Stern may not even have a summer title....meaning the code guys will have extra time on their hands to polish Star Trek!

#86 7 years ago

Here's the thing: if I'm waiting to buy a game then why bother with NIB? My Star Trek Premium was a NIB purchase, drop shipped straight from Chicago, but if I was waiting I'd just grab a HUO one. Why pay the NIB price and the sales tax if there are used ones out there? That's a lost sale for Stern once it goes to the used market. With sales tax I spent over $7000 on that game. That's real money.

If we all decided to start waiting it's not good for their bottom line, so have a little business sense, see the frustration building with every unfinished game and the code black holes, and be proactive about it!

Quoted from SunKing:

Yeah, but real talk, I've been lagging on it, and the code situation is the real reason. I'm not that enthusiastic about the game now, but more than that the whole vibe on Pinside is down about it, and it's just not really all that motivating to put in all the effort it takes to do it right. Need a little excitement to get it back in true gear.

I've actually done a lot of work on it, just nowhere near done, doing original art of the Enterprise is a tricky task.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the thing: if I'm waiting to buy a game then why bother with NIB? My Star Trek Premium was a NIB purchase, drop shipped straight from Chicago, but if I was waiting I'd just grab a HUO one. Why pay the NIB price and the sales tax if there are used ones out there? That's a lost sale for Stern once it goes to the used market. With sales tax I spent over $7000 on that game. That's real money.

Why in God's name are you paying sales tax? Buy it from a dealer out of state!

#88 7 years ago

Different combination of teams work on different pins. It's not like the entire Star Trek team got pulled to just work on Mustang.

Actually that's exactly what I heard happened.

So since you're all sunshine and roses about this please, illuminate us, what are your sources and what have you heard? You know something we don't? Because my beef right now isn't even that it's not done (that's frustrating sure) but that it's a black hole when it comes to even the smallest sliver of information. If Eskaybee hadn't shared his private email from Steve we'd know jack shit right now about code even happening at all.

That's crap, and I'm not going to apologize for Stern over it.

Why in God's name are you paying sales tax? Buy it from a dealer out of state!

You dodge your state taxes as you see fit, and I'll buy my way (don't be surprised if you get a use tax notice one day though). Not feeling all that big on buying any more NIB Sterns now anyways.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

He better be. That's the only reason I'm holding onto the game.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I disagree. Silence is better than bullshit. If a company doesn't know how to reliably predict when a task is going to converge/complete, it's better to say nothing.

Like you, I wish Stern were more forthcoming and modern in terms of outbound communication, but they aren't. The company was founded in an era that didn't include email and social media (and it shows).

Oh well. I hope they dramatically overhaul the rules soon...I never play my LE. Shoots nice, but the rules are SOOO BORING.

#91 7 years ago

Stern doesn't have a summer title this year. The next game is set for the fall (anyones guess if thats sept or october, but I would bet its before expo so they can show it off at expo).

And with the Iron Man VE and MMR, Stern may not even have a summer title....meaning the code guys will have extra time on their hands to polish Star Trek!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why pay the NIB price and the sales tax if there are used ones out there?

For me, when I'm spending that kinda $$, I appreciate the peace of mind that comes from buying from a distributor that will honor/support the warranty, provide support if needed (even home repair at reasonable costs), and accept the game back as 'trade-in' for a different title. I know that's not important enough for many guys to spend the extra $'s, but I've developed a good relationship with my local distributor, and feel like the extra $$'s he charges verses HUO is worth it for me.

Quoted from Aurich:

If we all decided to start waiting it's not good for their bottom line, so have a little business sense, see the frustration building with every unfinished game and the code black holes, and be proactive about it!

Agree 100% here.

Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, but real talk, I've been lagging on it, and the code situation is the real reason. I'm not that enthusiastic about the game now, but more than that the whole vibe on Pinside is down about it, and it's just not really all that motivating to put in all the effort it takes to do it right. Need a little excitement to get it back in true gear. I've actually done a lot of work on it, just nowhere near done, doing original art of the Enterprise is a tricky task.

If it helps any, I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished work. Helen looks great on my AC/DC, and I'm sure an Aurich translite on my ST would look great sitting right next to it. Now I'm even more anxious for code to drop. C'mon Stern, make Aurich happy!!

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern doesn't have a summer title this year. The next game is set for the fall (anyones guess if thats sept or october, but I would bet its before expo so they can show it off at expo).

They were on schedule for one, base on the early release of Mustang. See 2012 for a similar roll-out.

Now, I'm thinking they wont because of all the remakes,

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually that's exactly what I heard happened.
So since you're all sunshine and roses about this please, illuminate us, what are your sources and what have you heard? You know something we don't? Because my beef right now isn't even that it's not done (that's frustrating sure) but that it's a black hole when it comes to even the smallest sliver of information. If Eskaybee hadn't shared his private email from Steve we'd know jack shit right now about code even happening at all.
That's crap, and I'm not going to apologize for Stern over it.

You dodge your state taxes as you see fit, and I'll buy my way (don't be surprised if you get a use tax notice one day though). Not feeling all that big on buying any more NIB Sterns now anyways.

It's not private information who the coders are for each game. Stern even has them interviewd in their promo videos. And they get mixed up from time to time.

And if you ascertain is that the ENTIRE Star Trek team of coders is working on Mustang, then what F*ck tell is Lyman doing? Star Trek seems to be selling better than Mustang. Better to get it finished and sell more than waste time on Mustang code.

Be sure to send Governor Moonbeam every penny!

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I disagree. Silence is better than bullshit. If a company doesn't know how to reliably predict when a task is going to converge/complete, it's better to say nothing.

For all of JJP's faults, talking about the code updates for WOZ hasn't been one of them. They're the opposite of Stern, they talk about upcoming code, they just can't build the games for you to play it on.

No need to guess, it's September, they've actually communicated that (was in the letter to distributors about Iron Man VE).

#97 7 years ago

Isn't Lyman working on Borgs next game for the fall? That's what Lymans doing....

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right now I'm playing Metallica and Tron,

I've stopped playing ST for the most part too.

Now that I have X-Men, I play that a lot more...that and Spiderman. They seem like complete games and are more fun, can't say that about ST, so it mostly sits.

The "away team" and "mission start" shots, for me, take away most of the fun of playing the game...and the voice calls that are repetitive and long just makes it worse.

In another post, Waiting room: Stern ST code update, this was said:

Quoted from Iceman5000:

New code should be released by 4th of July.

Don't see it happening in 2 days now.

Anyway, I know an update is coming and am patiently waiting, in the meantime a lot of $ sits under-utilized.

Robert

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've stopped playing ST for the most part too.
Now that I have X-Men, I play that a lot more...that and spiderman. They seem like complete games and are more fun, can't say that about ST, so it mostly sits.
The "away team" and "mission start" shots, for me, take away most of the fun of playing the game...and the voice calls that are repetitive and long just makes it worse.
In another post, Waiting room: Stern ST code update, this was said:

Don't see it happening in 2 days now.
Anyway, I know an update is coming and am patiently waiting, in the meantime a lot of $ sits under-utilized.
Robert

How would these two days before a release be any different than the actual 2 days before it's release?

#100 7 years ago

Isn't Lyman working on Borgs next game for the fall? That's what Lymans doing....

Maybe, but it's not like they need Lyman for one pin, and 4 guys on Mustang.

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside