Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dave-hester-storage-wars.jpg
ku.jpg
A-Word-Of-Encouragement.jpg
ST_GCscore.jpg
wishful_thinking180.jpg
image-554.jpg
image-518.jpg
b574f2eb725709460d7ec79a084ab189.jpg
batman-stern.jpg
image-644.jpg
patience.jpg

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

At the TPF. Steve Ritchie just announced that Karl Urban recorded the speech for the ST speech pack last week

#2 5 years ago

Yeah, that's why Stern was posting his video to FB, the sekrit signal that it was done. Why they couldn't just say it instead of being cryptic is not for normal humans to fathom. It was a pretty open secret, seems silly.

Hopefully new code is coming soon!

#3 5 years ago

Steve said new code is coming soon but wouldn't give a date.

#4 5 years ago

Announced 4 months ago and he just recorded the speech pack last week? wtf?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-custom-speech-power-pack

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

You want it to be great don't you.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You want it to be great don't you.

At least it won't sound like Beast in Xmen.

#8 5 years ago

Wish Karl would do some call outs for Judge Dredd. Man that movie was awesome!!! Hope they make a sequel. I know it's just for ST but a boy can dream.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Seems simple enough, but lots of stuff has to go down before you get something like this done. Gotta come up with a script. Script needs to go through various channels of approval...and sometimes licensors take forever to approve stuff. Karl was filming Almost Human (and probably other projects as well).

This custom speech was never planned from the get-go....were lucky that Karl Urban is a pinball collector and wanted to be involved.

#10 5 years ago

Steve said they did it over the phone, with Karl in New Zeland. I'm assuming that Karl had recording equipment locally in New Zeland and didn't actually record it over the phone.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Steve said they did it over the phone, with Karl in New Zeland. I'm assuming that Karl had recording equipment locally in New Zeland and didn't actually record it over the phone.

LOL....yeah, probably directed him over the phone while he was at a recording studio.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wish Karl would do some call outs for Judge Dredd. Man that movie was awesome!!!

Need Sly to do that one.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

very funny. There might be some static in the background do you think?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

very funny. There might be some static in the background do you think?

Yeah, We just got the interweb here in NZ last week. Seems to be quite the thing.

rd.

#15 5 years ago

My understanding is that Karl Urban is somewhat of a pinhead. He bought a MM from Curly at Little Shop of Games a year or two ago (before the MMR release)) and had it shipped to Canada then NZ or something. So ty Curly, I guess

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Steve said they did it over the phone, with Karl in New Zeland.

Hell, I'd take custom speech from Robert Downey Jr, Samuel Jackson and Christian Bale taking a piss in the bathroom. Still happy to have the real McCoy (see what I did there )

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

My understanding is that Karl Urban is somewhat of a pinhead. He bought a MM from Curly at Little Shop of Games a year or two ago (before the MMR release)) and had it shipped to Canada then NZ or something. So ty Curly, I guess

He is a pinhead. Had pinball machines before Stern ST ever came out. Steve also mentioned that Karl is a pinhead "like us".

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wish Karl would do some call outs for Judge Dredd. Man that movie was awesome!!! Hope they make a sequel.

I thought the movie was great also. I loved it.

Sadly, I don't think there will be a sequel as it lost money. Cost about 50 million to make, but only made 35 back.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Dude give Karl a break! He's been doing almost human for 5 months straight. With the show in hiatus, he had time now. It will be epic!!!

#20 5 years ago

Wow! I'm glad I'm too busy to play a lot of pinball right now, so hopefully the wait won't seem too long. I'd imagine it will be a couple of months, but this promises to be a huge update and not just the new sound bytes.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I am just happy Karl found the time to get it done.... This is gunna be a kickass update!

#22 5 years ago

I believe Steve said they recorded an hour and half of material. Obviously, they won't use anywhere near that, but it's good to have lots of different takes and material to sort through to find what works best.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I believe Steve said they recorded an hour and half of material. Obviously, they won't use anywhere near that, but it's good to have lots of different takes and material to sort through to find what works best.

That is a lot of material and should ensure more than 1 good update.

#24 5 years ago

I worked for a bunch of radio stations way back. there's lots of gucci equipment to get high quality audio 'over the phone'

#25 5 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this update! I hope they can also incorporate a fix to the vengeance multiball issue too.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Nice. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I really believe that this game is going to feel way better when they get the sound dialed in. One thing I'm hoping for is more feedback when you make combos and complete good shots, you should get your blood pumping a little. You can hit a big combo now and you wouldn't even know it unless you're watching the DMD.

#27 5 years ago

3 warp ramps in a row should be 10 million award.,

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I worked for a bunch of radio stations way back. there's lots of gucci equipment to get high quality audio 'over the phone'

Why is this even necessary when recordings can be transferred via Internet intently.

#29 5 years ago

I would guess the direction from Stern was over the phone and the recording was done digitally wherever Karl was.

Can't wait to hear the first "Damn it, man, shoot the left orbit!"

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I thought the movie was great also. I loved it.
Sadly, I don't think there will be a sequel as it lost money. Cost about 50 million to make, but only made 35 back.

It wasn't as bad as that. It cost $45 Million to make and earned back $57 Million - theater and blue ray sales combined.
But yeah... still bad numbers. You can see them here:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Dredd#tab=summary

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I would guess the direction from Stern was over the phone and the recording was done digitally wherever Karl was.
Can't wait to hear the first "Damn it, man, shoot the left orbit!"

That (or things like it) would be a great quote.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wish Karl would do some call outs for Judge Dredd. Man that movie was awesome!!! Hope they make a sequel. I know it's just for ST but a boy can dream.

Support the JD sequel here;

https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel

#33 5 years ago

Had a very brief chat with Karl Urban this past weekend where he also confirmed he'd done his recording for the game. As others have mentioned above, he does seem to be a "pinball guy" He told me that he currently has three games, STTNG, MM, and TAF (sweet lineup!). Apparently, Stern is sending him a Star Trek (he didn't mention which version) and he'll have to move one game out.

Blair

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bw1138:

Had a very brief chat with Karl Urban this past weekend where he also confirmed he'd done his recording for the game. As others have mentioned above, he does seem to be a "pinball guy" He told me that he currently has three games, STTNG, MM, and TAF (sweet lineup!). Apparently, Stern is sending him a Star Trek (he didn't mention which version) and he'll have to move one game out.
Blair

Now we know why there was the odd number of 799 LE's for Star Trek. Karl gets #800, a unique LE just for him.

#35 5 years ago

I've gotta get in on that action, record some custom speech and get a free pinball!

#36 5 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152312416134244&set=a.386178974243.167508.136972659243&type=1&theater

Good to see Karl Urban received his new pin! No word on whether it's #800...

#37 5 years ago

Karl is Dredd. Jane is the Punisher. RDJ is Iron Man. Hope they make another Dredd movie. Pretty cool he is into pinball too.

3 weeks later
#38 5 years ago

Come on Stern.
Let us hear Karl in our Pinball Machines

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Come on Stern.
Let us hear Karl in our Pinball Machines

I'd imagine it will be at least another month or two, but this is going to be one awesome software pack for sure.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd imagine it will be at least another month or two, but this is going to be one awesome software pack for sure.

You realize this is Stern right?
Awesome?! LOL
Ok. maybe I'm just "meh" today... but they've moved on the Stang... and now Machine#2of2014 so not sure we are going to see much more love from Stern.
I will be happy to eat my own words; just not getting my hopes up

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You realize this is Stern right?

The company that updated X-Men when they didn't have to? The one that came through with the Metallica code? The one that employs Steve Ritchie, who no only backs his games, but personally promised that they were going to keep working on the game and were listening directly to Pinside's feedback? That Stern?

I realize it, do you?

Have a little patience and faith.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The one that employs Steve Ritchie, who no only backs his games, but personally promised that they were going to keep working on the game and were listening directly to Pinside's feedback?

This one is good enough for me. He told me they ARE working on it and the update IS coming. He just can't put a date on it. I didn't feel the need to bug him any further.

1 week later
#43 5 years ago

Any new scuttlebutt?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am just happy Karl found the time to get it done.... This is gunna be a kickass update!

Then why aren't you going to wait for it?

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12361

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The company that updated X-Men when they didn't have to? The one that came through with the Metallica code? The one that employs Steve Ritchie, who no only backs his games, but personally promised that they were going to keep working on the game and were listening directly to Pinside's feedback? That Stern?
I realize it, do you?

Good points, but I disagree with your last sentence. You need to have a LOT of patience, not a little!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then why aren't you going to wait for it?

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12361

I was trying to work a 2 pin purchase Tron LE and MB but I think my eyes ended up bigger than my wallet Had to try and sell something and my MM and IM are bolted to the floor.

#47 5 years ago

I'm trying...
patience.jpg

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I realize it, do you?

Well done sir!!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was trying to work a 2 pin purchase TRON LE and MB but I think my eyes ended up bigger than my wallet Had to try and sell something and my MM and IM are bolted to the floor.

Sell the MM...there will be plenty of them available in the years to come!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sell the MM...there will be plenty of them available in the years to come!

Not like this one..It's a Keller restored MM and it is so Crazy nice that it makes my pants shrink every time I look at it.

Que obligatory Keller/MM shooter lane pic....
image-644.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside