(Topic ID: 191156)

Kardashians Hit Up Ayce Gogi Korean BBQ L.A.

By cooked71

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cosmokramer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171101_202450 (resized).jpg
    20170823_205817 (resized).jpg
    20170823_205810 (resized).jpg
    20170823_205803 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3579 (resized).JPG
    20170605_222312 (resized).jpg
    0330-sub-kourtney-khloe-kardashian-pinball-3 (resized).jpg
    20170605_225628 (resized).jpg
    20170605_225618 (resized).jpg
    20170605_225548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4528 (resized).JPG
    banana republic bogans (resized).jpg
    gettyimages-51583984-e1459903961788 (resized).jpg
    Space Cadet (resized).png

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 1 year ago

Late to the bandwagon but another upvote for Ayce Gogi; loved the food, the service, the beer and the pins too. We were there on a lazy Friday mid-afternoon and had the pin room to ourselves, it was brilliant. I'll likely be back next month to try DI, wish we had somewhere like it a bit closer to home (it's approx 22 hours door to door for me).

IMG_4528 (resized).JPG

#152 1 year ago

Oooh didn't know they added DI, hopefully they add Star Wars as well. These are the last pics I took, was around early June. Normally I'm not a big fan of T3, but this one was setup really nice and played well. What a difference it makes when a game is in great condition and nicely tuned!

20170605_225548 (resized).jpg

20170605_225618 (resized).jpg

20170605_225628 (resized).jpg

#153 1 year ago

I love this place. Great pins. I think it's the best pinball spot in LA.
    I moved from that area early last year, so I selfishly wish Ayce had popped up sooner.
    Wishing them continued success.

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChriX:

Late to the bandwagon but another upvote for Ayce Gogi; loved the food, the service, the beer and the pins too. We were there on a lazy Friday mid-afternoon and had the pin room to ourselves, it was brilliant. I'll likely be back next month to try DI, wish we had somewhere like it a bit closer to home (it's approx 22 hours door to door for me).

but did you try the BBQ? I get plenty but not really sure what Korean might be like.

#155 1 year ago

C'mon, get the #6 nose!
    I duno, everybody gets the #6.
    That because #6 rules! Every bitch I know get #6.
    Mmmmm...I mean, it does not really complement my face.
    It the same price, why not get the same nose as everyone else?
    Alright, I'll get the #6.

0330-sub-kourtney-khloe-kardashian-pinball-3 (resized).jpg

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Oooh didn't know they added DI, hopefully they add Star Wars as well. These are the last pics I took, was around early June. Normally I'm not a big fan of T3, but this one was setup really nice and played well. What a difference it makes when a game is in great condition and nicely tuned!

Star Wars is there now

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

but did you try the BBQ? I get plenty but not really sure what Korean might be like.

Yep, loved it. The only downside was that I'd eaten quite recently so couldn't fit in a great deal... won't make that mistake again

#158 1 year ago

i have had the all you can eat barbecue here twice. Its good!

#159 1 year ago

Oh awesome, time to head back.

Quoted from ChriX:

Yep, loved it. The only downside was that I'd eaten quite recently so couldn't fit in a great deal... won't make that mistake again

..and don't forget the fried oreos!

20170605_222312 (resized).jpg

#160 1 year ago

Here is TMZ report on the Pinball Pu$$ies outing:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/30/khloe-kourtney-kardashian-girlfriends-pinball-squad/

Make SURE you read the comments below, comedy gold+

(thanks Toni for the link, I would have never seen this)

#161 1 year ago

The comments are priceless. I would share part of it but it would probably close the thread or get moderated.

I still see that my slightly conspiratorial mind sees some other things here...

Like simply the name with the dollar signs and all the searches that now feature them as a result of it. Things got pretty convoluted in YouTube when I was searching around a few days ago.

But the kardashians popped up on everything. Search feature.

Maybe some other girls too? Like:
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Miley Cyrus
    Megan fox.

If I could show up with those three and my girl Veronika. I win...

#162 1 year ago

No publicity is bad publicity, but...

4 weeks later
    #163 1 year ago

Star Wars Pro and LE here.

IMG_3579 (resized).JPG

IMG_3582 (resized).JPG

IMG_3583 (resized).JPG

#164 1 year ago

I went to the star wArs launch party here at ayci Gogi and it was bad ass.

Great place to play. Great place to eat, too.

Do yourself a favor do both. See you here at critical hit!

#165 1 year ago

I did Monday night. The LE needs to be dialed in and tweaked a little. There were quite a few rejects to Death Star jump ramp even on perfect shots. The mystery kick out hole would shoot the ball SDTM half the time at lightning speed. A lot of cheap drains. The getaway loop supercharger was uninspiring. Really hard to know what to shoot for since there are so many inserts lit up all at one and the game is lightning fast. Also, the flippers kept dying on me and the ball would just drain. The translite looks especiallly weak in person. I like the pro better.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I did Monday night. The LE needs to be dialed in and tweaked a little. There were quite a few rejects to Death Star jump ramp even on perfect shots. The mystery kick out hole would shoot the ball SDTM half the time at lightning speed. A lot of cheap drains. The getaway loop supercharger was uninspiring. Really hard to know what to shoot for since there are so many inserts lit up all at one and the game is lightning fast. Also, the flippers kept dying on me and the ball would just drain. The translite looks especiallly weak in person. I like the pro better.

Wow I thought the loop supercharger would be way cool in person....sorry to hear it wasn't in your experience.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

..and don't forget the fried oreos!

These are positively amazing!

#168 1 year ago

I went last night...food was great
    We had the whole pin room to ourselves.
    DI is awewome, loved it on the first game.
    Hobbit and AMH both sucked (first time I played either)
    SWLE was awesone but every death star ramp shot was rejected...EVERY ONE! The flippers did work well every game.

20170823_205803 (resized).jpg
    20170823_205810 (resized).jpg
    20170823_205817 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #169 1 year ago

Wife and I will be in the area next coupl days... super excited to finally check this place out!

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Wife and I will be in the area next coupl days... super excited to finally check this place out!

Make sure you get the fried.rice...

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Make sure you get the fried.rice...

It was awesome thanks! Everything we ate was amazing, can’t wait to go back. Plus the amazing pin room was a blast.

Wish it were closer but 2-1/2 hours isn’t terrible... and it is closer than Free Gold Watch plus there is food and brew. Can’t go wrong, we’ll definitely be back.

#172 1 year ago

I will be found there more in the future. I should be driving in a few months and even though I will still be disabled, I will be playing there.

It's about 1.5 hours from me. Less with no traffic. If that's possible.

#173 1 year ago

Are kids allowed to play pinball there? Or is it over 21 only?

Great line up! Look forward to visiting and eating there soon.

#174 1 year ago

Not sure if it's aok to play under 21 prior to bar opening but had my kids in for a bit till the bar was about to open.

It's definitely a cool spot

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from chill:

Are kids allowed to play pinball there? Or is it over 21 only?
    Great line up! Look forward to visiting and eating there soon.

Kids Early evening ok. Did it recently Family style. Come 8-9 pm, it becomes bar time and just not appropriate.
    Best Food and Pins this side of Mississippi, tri county area!!

#176 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. Family will definitely stop by to eat and hopefully play a bit on our next visit to L.A.

#177 1 year ago

I've been told by local collector friends for a while that it's a great spot, so I finally made it out there a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Also went again a couple days ago. The pins in Shane's arcade are the finest I've seen available for public play, and even nicer than many I've seen in private collections. He has all the latest games which are kept spotless, from the glass to the playfield, and he adds lots of the cool mods. I don't know if he does the maintenance himself or has a crew, but it's a great spot to play and it's the #1 so cal destination for location play. Plus the BBQ smells amazing, but I still have to try that part

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I've been told by local collector friends for a while that it's a great spot, so I finally made it out there a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Also went again a couple days ago. The pins in Shane's arcade are the finest I've seen available for public play, and even nicer than many I've seen in private collections. He has all the latest games which are kept spotless, from the glass to the playfield, and he adds lots of the cool mods. I don't know if he does the maintenance himself or has a crew, but it's a great spot to play and it's the #1 so cal destination for location play. Plus the BBQ smells amazing, but I still have to try that part

Food is really good. Shane is a collector and loves playing, so it’s almost like being in his home and not just a location where he owns the machines. He is really expanding the hobby to others with the league I’m a part of, as well as pinball launch events.

#179 1 year ago

The Food is the best part!
    Shane just put in his TNA couple weeks ago. Awesome sound system on this game. Plays fast a quick. Great New pin.

20171101_202450 (resized).jpg

#180 1 year ago

Yep, I played TNA on Friday. The sound was great and gameplay was fast, but the simplicity of the playfield layout surprised me.

I got to spend time on Dialed In also, which was a lot of fun. Much more player friendly ball times compared to SWLE lol

I'd go to the gogi more often if it weren't for 20 miles of the worst traffic in LA between my place and there, but anytime I'm remotely in that part of town on the other side of the hill I'll stop in

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I'd go to the gogi more often if it weren't for 20 miles of the worst traffic in LA between my place and there, but anytime I'm remotely in that part of town on the other side of the hill I'll stop in

I think that's the case for most of us locals. Just such a chore to drive there from anywhere in the South Bay.

#182 1 year ago

Im going out there this week, gotta try TnA...and get some great grub!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 305.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 27.50
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    $ 218.00
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside