tl (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-134633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-131637 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-130612 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-130039 (resized).png
IMG_5337 (resized).JPG
beverly (resized).jpg
forbidden_planet_best_c_eb (resized).jpg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Total Recall 1990.

Even I have a hard time remembering back that far.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Total Recall 1990.

Amazing movie, one of my favorites, would make a fantastic pin, Odin you can suck my Marty McSorely
1990 was a great year.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

1990 was a great year.

Heck yeah it was! I'm still waiting for modern pinball to catch up.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck yeah it was! I'm still waiting for modern pinball to catch up.

They tried, did u see the modern take on Total Recall, it's horseshit, like most things modern.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

did u see the modern take on Total Recall,

No, I'm waiting for the remake of the remake with Arnold.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'm waiting for the remake of the remake with Arnold.

Aren't we all

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

And the backglass art is already done.

Awsum!

tl (resized).pngtl (resized).png

#208 6 years ago

Well, apparently Total Recall is not one of the Kapow options, but since A Christmas Story is, I think we would be better served with a younger Darren McGavin theme that is more of the time period of the other choices.

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

1 week later
#210 6 years ago

Munsters it is.

#211 6 years ago

How about if the folks at KA-POW exert some influence on Stern to finish the Batman 66 code????

#212 6 years ago

Munsters? Is that confirmed? I think it could campy and cool.

#213 6 years ago

No title confirmed until the official Stern announcement, which should be at Pinball Expo.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

How about if the folks at KA-POW exert some influence on Stern to finish the Batman 66 code????

They probably already got their cut on that one, and are now working out the details on a $15,000- $20,000 Three Stooges super duper LE.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They probably already got their cut on that one, and are now working out the details on a $15,000- $20,000 Three Stooges super duper LE.

Super duper LE will be limited to 20 units , untill they sell out then they will be limited to 60 .

#216 6 years ago

They will probably limit them to the amount of please sell me one videos that are sent in, but may not watch a single one of them.

#217 6 years ago

I'd totally Buy a Munsters. wait... let me clarify....

Must haves:
- ALL Artwork should be black and white. Full color Munsters movies are terrible.

- There should be a staircase ramp that has a 'spot' character feature where the staircase ramp raises up (like no-good-gofers)

- original theme song. (seems likely)

- Tons of character callouts.

- All modes working the day I get it.

If they check off all those boxes, I'll pay pretty much anything they want for it under 9K. I already had cash saved up for A Star Wars but Stern really disappointed me on that one.

Things I'd LIKE to see in a Munsters game, but none of these are deal breakers if they don't happen:

- 'Grandpas basement" mini lower playfield like ACDC.

- would love to see an interesting playfield layout that breaks the current trends. Something like 'Swords of Fury' or 'Pharoh'. 3-4 flipper game.

- I'm 50/50 on the new backbox screens... I like it on batman 66'. I think it works. For aerosmith/starwars, I think it is terrible. As this is another TV show theme it 'could' work... But I do love my old school DMD's.

- Really want to see someone do a 'time trial' option for a game mode instead of just 3-ball rules. You get 5 minutes of unlimited balls to get the highest score you can. (optional, you loose 10% of your score every time you drain or something...) I think that mode would be wildly popular with younger generations who get frustrated with old-school game rules, and frustrated by bad luck 'instant drains'.

1 week later
#218 6 years ago

Every time a timed game was made, it failed in the cash box department. And average game times for Pinball were supposed to be around 2 1/2 minutes.

But things could be different for a game made almost exclusively for the home collector.

On a similar note, WOZ redemption was timed play.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Every time a timed game was made, it failed in the cash box department. And average game times for Pinball were supposed to be around 2 1/2 minutes.
But things could be different for a game made almost exclusively for the home collector.
On a similar note, WOZ redemption was timed play.

The only timed pins I'm aware of were timed rules ONLY. I'd like a machine that allowed you to choose your rules set at the beginning. Do you want standard 3 ball game? Or 3* minutes unlimited balls with a 10%** points loss every time you drain?

*time can be adjusted
**percentage can be adjusted.

Zen pinball already has this mode, and in multiplayer it is a fantastic way to create a 'handicap' system for less skilled players. It's probably not a 'selling point' for most people, but I don't think its a lot of work to put that in the code, and it would be an innovative optional feature for physical machines.

#221 6 years ago

Out of the biggest licences they have put out recently as slots ignoring BM66 - I would be pretty excited to see either a Willy Wonka or Superman 78 pin, its also the 40th anniversary of Superman next year.

#222 6 years ago

Scarybeard. I think he was referring to games like Beat the Clock or James Bond. Games where it was essentially a one ball game that you could add time or stop the clock with certain shots. They were never successful, Bally beat the clock is a great game in the home environment. Pat Lawlors SafeCracker was much the same way.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'd like a machine that allowed you to choose your rules set at the beginning. Do you want standard 3 ball game? Or 3* minutes unlimited balls with a 10%** points loss every time you drain?

Batman forever has almost this exact ruleset. When you start a game you choose easy or regular. Easy is a 2 or 3 minute unlimited ball save, but no penalty for draining. Regular is a normal 3 ball game.

#224 6 years ago

Beatles Yellow Submarine....I could see this one happening.

#225 6 years ago

Munsters!

b353abc7155655337e7fe4ea2d93cf8f (resized).jpgb353abc7155655337e7fe4ea2d93cf8f (resized).jpg

#226 6 years ago

57d82867dd53a8ad89dd49fadbabf828 (resized).jpg57d82867dd53a8ad89dd49fadbabf828 (resized).jpg

#227 6 years ago

How about something that can also appeal to folks under the age of 50?

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

How bout some CoD?

smartphone_background_bo3_skull_logo_by_brovvnie-d9fb470 (resized).pngsmartphone_background_bo3_skull_logo_by_brovvnie-d9fb470 (resized).png

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Always bet on Duke.

duke_nukem_forever_poster_by_saiyuki204-d3ew15u (resized).jpgduke_nukem_forever_poster_by_saiyuki204-d3ew15u (resized).jpg

#230 6 years ago

It's time to play pinball and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

There are titles available right now for people under 50. They are going to make what people want and The Munsters and Elvira is what people want!

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

They gave you Ghostbusters and Star Wars. I don't know many over 50 that give a shit about those.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They gave you Ghostbusters and Star Wars. I don't know many over 50 that give a shit about those.

GB is 35 years old

Metallica is 36 years old

SW is 40 years old

KISS is 44 years old

AC/DC is 45 years old

Aerosmith is 47 years old

Batman 66 is 51 years old

WWE is 65 years old

ONLY old men are going to interested in any of those titles.

If you think about it, the only 2 titles that kids today might like are WalkingDead and GOT

(and I use the word 'kids' loosely, because both of those shows are rated Mature )

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

ONLY old men are going to interested in any of those titles.

Oh, I thought it was the under 50 crowd begging for GB and SW, and the old farts that wanted Kiss and AS.

#235 6 years ago

Can I write in John Wayne, Clint Eastwood Pale Rider or even a Cheech and Chong would be better than the list in the actual poll for me, lol

#236 6 years ago

I'm going to stand by my guess the next KaPow release has a slot machine already done with that themes assets. Superman, I'm looking at you! (Have to admit Munsters would be cool in a B version of Addams family kind of way)

1 year later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd rather see JJP do Willy Wonka.

Wow it seems like at least one person is going to get their wish !

I was just curious about who Ka-pow pinball was, found this old thread and thought it was interesting the were floating Willy wonka as a potential title. Looking forward to possibility buy it myself.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'd totally Buy a Munsters. wait... let me clarify....
Must haves:
- ALL Artwork should be black and white. Full color Munsters movies are terrible.
- There should be a staircase ramp that has a 'spot' character feature where the staircase ramp raises up (like no-good-gofers)
- original theme song. (seems likely)
- Tons of character callouts.
- All modes working the day I get it.
If they check off all those boxes, I'll pay pretty much anything they want for it under 9K. I already had cash saved up for A Star Wars but Stern really disappointed me on that one.
Things I'd LIKE to see in a Munsters game, but none of these are deal breakers if they don't happen:
- 'Grandpas basement" mini lower playfield like ACDC.
- would love to see an interesting playfield layout that breaks the current trends. Something like 'Swords of Fury' or 'Pharoh'. 3-4 flipper game.
- I'm 50/50 on the new backbox screens... I like it on batman 66'. I think it works. For aerosmith/starwars, I think it is terrible. As this is another TV show theme it 'could' work... But I do love my old school DMD's.
- Really want to see someone do a 'time trial' option for a game mode instead of just 3-ball rules. You get 5 minutes of unlimited balls to get the highest score you can. (optional, you loose 10% of your score every time you drain or something...) I think that mode would be wildly popular with younger generations who get frustrated with old-school game rules, and frustrated by bad luck 'instant drains'.

Wow, you pretty much nailed The Munsters Premium!

#239 5 years ago
Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpgReturn-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#240 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Beverly Hillbillies

We're waiting.

Beverly-Hillbillies-Family-in-the-car-750x500 (resized).jpgBeverly-Hillbillies-Family-in-the-car-750x500 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 210.00
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kapow-pinball-wants-you-to-vote-for-next-game/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.