tl (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-134633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-131637 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-130612 (resized).png
Screenshot_20170817-130039 (resized).png
IMG_5337 (resized).JPG
beverly (resized).jpg
forbidden_planet_best_c_eb (resized).jpg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm all for boutique themes, but I think in this particular instance, Stern has to realise that (other than B66), the poker machine market and the pinball market are not aligned.
Honestly, was Joe Kaminkow's career as a pinball designer remarkable? Was his tenure at Stern so successful? (Not a rhetorical question)

The ones he was involved in that are best-regarded are probably Guns n Roses, Jurassic Park, and Phantom of the Opera (Maaaybe South Park, DE Simpsons, and Batman Forever if you're a big fan of the licenses). All the rest go from pretty forgettable to trash (TMNT). Pretty mediocre record for a 30+ pin career.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Aerosmith is coming.
I'm curious to see what the new pricing will be.
Guesses for street prices:
Pro: $5700.00 shipped
Premium: $7600.00 shipped
LE: $9000.00 shipped

Man, they would lose a lot of Pro sales if it jumps to that IMO. I think a lot of people have a 5kish cap

#103 7 years ago

Mad max/road warrior. So many good call out. Have his double barrel shorty as the launcher, you have the option two launch two balls for instant two ball multiball but you use up balls 1&2 or 2&3 if you choose that option. That would be new. They each launch up their own ramp to begin play. Maybe one up to some pops and the other up a ramp that diverts across the field. Can be used in multiball mode also. The toys, theme, possibilities are endless.

#104 7 years ago

Mad max the original- that has real potential.
Harry Potter - why hasn't someone shelled out the money for that one? (I have never read the book or seen the films...not a fan).
If they are going for unique themes - Smokey and the Bandit would have great call out -police chases etc. I believe SAB would sell better than Mustang -which was very well done and has sold well.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Man, they would lose a lot of Pro sales if it jumps to that IMO. I think a lot of people have a 5kish cap

Well it ain't going to be $5k for a pro anymore.

Pretty sure that GB pro (a non LCD pin) was already at $5k shipped.

#106 7 years ago

Any of these titles would be the perfect follow up to Aerosmith.

#107 7 years ago

But since it's getting to be that time of year anyway why not go with A Christmas Story.

11701331 (resized).jpg11701331 (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was my write in....a car that flies, swims and is just plain cool. Dick Van Dyke, Benny Hill, pirates, child snatchers, a castles, crazy inventions, bright colors, a soundtrack.........lots of possibilities... maybe not a mainstream release...but certainly a "boutique" subject.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was my write in...

If they were to do a Dick Van Dyke pin, I'd go with something a little more current myself.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I voted Munsters, but I'd really like to see either Mad Max / The Road Warrior, or Repo Man.

Repo man would be awesome. The life of a repo man is always intense. (too bad 95% of the people out there won't get this)

#111 7 years ago

Munsters would be a title, I would have interest in.

#112 7 years ago

Dark Shadows

#113 7 years ago

What is KA-POW Pinball ?

#114 7 years ago

H R Pufnstuf for the win!

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

What is KA-POW Pinball ?

Joe Kaminkow's pinball division. After leaving Gary, he had a lot of success in the gaming industry. Which can explain surveying the potential pinball buyers with licences that have already had success as Slot machines.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

What is KA-POW Pinball ?

I did not know either but apparently it is Stern's Lexus ,throw a different badge on it and charge a bunch more $$$$ .

#118 7 years ago

okay guys.....thanks for the crash course. I did not spend much time on pinside last few months and missed a few things.

#119 7 years ago

I thought I knew about Joe but after visiting the website, learned much more. I love Zynga games on my phone - no clue he had involvement. Pretty impressive resume.

#120 7 years ago

"Kaminkow enjoys traveling the globe with his wife, Benita and between them they have 5 grown children. He is also an Abstract Expressionist artist, and is part of an ownership group of AA Harrisburg Senators farm team of the Washington Nationals. He collects classic cars, including a 1966 Bat mobile."

Explains the price tags on BM66, sounds like he's a high roller.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

What is KA-POW Pinball ?

Reminds me of Nibbler Man Vs. Snake...

wtfiskapow (resized).jpgwtfiskapow (resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago

BTW...cards at Expo had Princess Bride on them.

#123 7 years ago

I wrote in Star Trek the Original Series. Since they're doing re-themes I figured it would have a decent chance.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Reminds me of Nibbler Man Vs. Snake...

That was it, pretty much lol

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

BTW...cards at Expo had Princess Bride on them.

Stern you killed NIB pinball prices... now prepare to die.

tumblr_inline_n55r8wTXoT1qgp297 (resized).pngtumblr_inline_n55r8wTXoT1qgp297 (resized).png

#126 7 years ago

Stern needs to broaden the genres of music they use for their pins so I wrote in Rico Suave. Look it up on Youtube and you won't be disappointed.

Rico-Suave-1415992052.gifRico-Suave-1415992052.gif

#127 7 years ago

JAWS Flyer Standard.jpgJAWS Flyer Standard.jpg

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern needs to broaden the genres of music they use for their pins so I wrote in Rico Suave. Look it up on Youtube and you won't be disappointed.

If they're going for a broader music reach, Die Antwoord would be one of the craziest pin themes they could make.

#129 7 years ago

These themes are all out of touch with anybody but old dudes. Make any of these, and you won't have a single kid begging mom for a couple of quart--er, dollars to try it out.

#130 7 years ago

Bullitt

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

These themes are all out of touch with anybody but old dudes. Make any of these, and you won't have a single kid begging mom for a couple of quart--er, dollars to try it out.

As my kids say, "Is that from the olden days, back in the nineteens?".

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

As my kids say, "Is that from the olden days, back in the nineteens?".

Old guys can afford them...kids just visit...as proven by woz being in production still two limited additions later. My kids had no clue what hobbit was and version 3 of that title is now being made.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

My 8 year old daughter just had a Willy Wonka birthday party last year. It was her idea and all her friends thought it was cool.

#134 7 years ago

I think all kids today deserve that boat ride they did in the Willy Wonka movie. Can't believe they edited that out for TV.

#135 7 years ago

Life Goes On

#136 7 years ago

Why isn't "Gone With The Wind" on that list?

#137 7 years ago

I voted Young Frankenstein because I want a pure comedy pin. Minsters is a close 2nd.

#138 7 years ago

Voted Willy Wonka, because it would make a great pin.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

IMG_0994 (resized).JPGIMG_0994 (resized).JPG

#140 7 years ago

There are a few themes that are easy sales in my house
1. Harry Potter
2. Toy Story
3. Ghostbusters
4. The Princess Bride
5. The Godfather

I ordered GB Premium day 1. They others I would order as well, but part of me hopes they dont make them since I am out of room and don't really want to drop another 40k on pins...

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Unless it ends up looking like this!

7920ceb1de6e72925f1360eee4379dc1 (resized).jpg7920ceb1de6e72925f1360eee4379dc1 (resized).jpg

#142 7 years ago

What's up with all the votes for Munsters? I'm surprised by that one. I mean I know it's not exactly the same, but we already have TAF.

#143 7 years ago

Who has not thought about a bunch of these -

Whimsical - Willy Wonka

Music - Rocky Horror Picture Show (only because I can't see how to do Rock n Roll High School with Ramones)

Cartoon - Adventure Brothers

Sci-Fi - Blade Runner, Escape From NY or Logan's Run (thought out LR a lot with New You, Box . . .Renewal)

Adventure - Tomb Raider

Sports - Rollerball

Adult - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards

War (games) - Risk, Stratego, maybe a ship or sub game Battleship (or like Torpedo Alley)

Unlicensed - Dinosaurs, Egyptian Adventure as good generics

(joke theme time)

Horror - Ghost Adventures (cheap license, lots of screaming)

Comedy - The Honeymooners or something with Don Knotts (Mr Limpet, Shakiest Gun, Mr Chicken, Mad Mad World)

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's up with all the votes for Munsters? I'm surprised by that one. I mean I know it's not exactly the same, but we already have TAF.

I think you have it backwards, in that people want more of the same. Like TAF? How about another game like it?

This is a culture that loves remakes and sequels, it's the reason licenses sell so well. We like to be comfortable and know what we're getting. Look at the reaction to Dialed In. Not that I don't get it, but still, the pitchforks came out so fast.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I consider this proof that you should not under any circumstances allow the Pinside community to make corporate decisions.

#146 7 years ago

The Munsters was a better TV show than the Addams Family, and a way better show than the Addams Family movie. Just my opinion of course. But Beverly Hillbillies was better than them all. I was there, I should know.

#147 7 years ago

Voted for Munsters but prefer the TV version of Addams Family with only black & white graphics on the game.

#148 7 years ago

And why no Petticoat Junction?

HauYg-1444675570-32-lists-petticoatjunction_1200 (resized).jpgHauYg-1444675570-32-lists-petticoatjunction_1200 (resized).jpg

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Munsters was a better TV show than the Addams Family, and a way better show than the Addams Family movie. Just my opinion of course. But Beverly Hillbillies was better than them all. I was there, I should know.

I will definitely agree Munsters was better than the Addams Family show but the Addams Family movies are great. Raul Julia is awesome. (Maybe they should make a pin on The Addams Family Values. Get Pat and JJP on the phone...or call their new pin.)

Beverly Hillbillies? It has a great theme song and the movie wasn't bad.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This poster reminds me Jim Varney was a blessing on this earth. Someone get on an Earnest Pin.
tumblr_nsxllf8OPK1tx0eb6o1_400.giftumblr_nsxllfPK1tx0eb6o1_400.gif

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Beverly Hillbillies? It has a great theme song and the movie wasn't bad.

I thought the movie was pretty cool. The original show was the one of the best of it's time but still nothing compared to Gilligan's Island.

Maybe we can get a Gilligan's Island pin?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 210.00
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kapow-pinball-wants-you-to-vote-for-next-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.