Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Excited?”

• HELL YES! 94 votes
      43%
    • Meh… 125 votes
      57%

(219 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D38AA47D-6F13-470F-9C0A-7D961806D11A.jpeg
    t5r8f7w66he61 (resized).jpg
    285624C3-6D34-4E04-BA6C-122A52231799.gif
    IMG_20220226_001143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220225_234507 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-065207_Gallery (resized).jpg
    multipliers (resized).png
    231343367_221595649971305_6522318597084851150_n (resized).jpg
    Franchi_JAWS_Translite (resized).png
    Jaws_Stern_Eating_Kman (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20220221_001747 (resized).jpg
    20220130_182439 (resized).jpg
    Ape-Meets-Girl-Jaws-Amity-Island-Island-Closed (resized).jpg
    venom-high-res-pic (resized).jpg
    jaws-19-1280jpg-9966cb_1280w.jpg
    There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

i would hope not. it's a very old movie and outdated. they need to drop all these old man themes. we've seen enough of them.

Old men are the largest demographic that can actually afford pinball machines so makes sense from a business standpoint at this time.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He didn’t not intend to say that they aren’t not a horrible company.

LOL

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

They in no way are not 'a horrible company', but you do you I guess, pal.

They lied to customers & then sold paid-for games to other people. They won’t give a refund to my friend who paid for a game in 2015.
    They’re trash.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He didn’t not intend to say that they aren’t not a horrible company.

So funny! Mission accomplished. Great laugh on pinside after a hard day at work.. Thanks CrazyLevi

#205 2 years ago

Could Stern release a Jaws pin without a ball eating shark? It is probably a safe bet to presume that makes the cut. On second thought, if Elwin designs Jaws without a ball eating shark and no movie assets, it would still sell out. I don’t think Stern can mess this one up, even if dialog is replaced by their hillbilly actor, Elwin sells out Jaws. Fortunately Elwin is attuned to giving us everything we’ve asked for and Pinbrowser can resolve the rest.

edit - I too purposefully passed on buying TBL, my dream theme and favorite movie of all time. Won’t be supporting their failed/fraudulent business model.

1 week later
    #206 2 years ago

I think it’s a sure bet that a Stern Jaws pin will be generic like Jurassic Park. With that being said, Elwin has done well with mechs in the past so I’d have to think there will be a really solid shark mech in the pin.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it’s a sure bet that a Stern Jaws pin will be generic like Jurassic Park.

Well they brought Nedry back in the new JP, so there's still hope for Captain Quint. If they're going off-script, the game could track Quint's encounters with sharks over the years. In "USS Indianapolis" mode pop bumper hits would pull men from the water (or chomp sailors if you're playing as the sharks). "Bow-legged Women" mode also has some promise.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

"Bow-legged Women" mode also has some promise.

But like, what's the mode? I guess it doesn't matter. Movie quote!

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

But like, what's the mode? I guess it doesn't matter. Movie quote!

This guy gets it.

While we're talking Quint, they could go meta with it and have a "Drunken Monologue" mode where you reverse the flippers or maybe add some flipper delay to simulate Robert Shaw soldiering his way through scenes while half in the bag.

#210 2 years ago

Flame suit on, but I think I may prefer a JP-style game where the IP is just a springboard rather than a game based solely on the movie.

Jaws, as a film, worked because of the incredible acting, pace and suspense. Jeannot Szwarc directed Jaws 2 and had to face the same questions we’re asking: How do you match or top the original? The answer is: You don’t.

He showed the shark constantly. He knew the audience had already seen it. There was no need to tease it. Instead, the sequel focused on the action and the horror element. It’s not a classic movie, but it knew what it was. I think the creative team (hopefully) behind Jaws knows and understands this.

Anyway, if you’re a buyer of a Jaws pinball machine, you’ve seen the movie. It’s not going anywhere. The game should focus on the shark, shark attacks and Amity Island. Show us something new with a 50 year old movie.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Flame suit on, but I think I may prefer a JP-style game where the IP is just a springboard rather than a game based solely on the movie.

Expecially since we already had one and you're just going to be repeating shit.

#212 2 years ago

Actually I think there will be a decent amount of assets. The franchise is a bit old so I don’t think the cost will be as brutal. We will see !

#213 2 years ago

I just hope it’s based off the classic Jaws 4

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Actually I think there will be a decent amount of assets. The franchise is a bit old so I don’t think the cost will be as brutal. We will see !

Stern may have to implement some changes to protect the IP.

285624C3-6D34-4E04-BA6C-122A52231799.gif285624C3-6D34-4E04-BA6C-122A52231799.gif
    #215 2 years ago

Trex mech used again, now with a shark head. Seems obviously easy to do there.

Elwin layout slam dunkeroony per the usual?

#216 2 years ago

Anyone else heard it may not be Elwin on Jaws? I read somewhere it could be Eddy. I also read Stern had a Jaws designed back in 2018.

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Elwin layout slam dunkeroony per the usual?

I'll assume so till he proves us wrong!

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I also read Stern had a Jaws designed back in 2018.

Very seriously doubt it. No chance they codename JP "jaws" if they were also working on actual Jaws. Just too confusing in the workplace.

Q: Hey, how's that jaws mech coming along?
    A: You mean like, codename jaws or literal Jaws?

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from chet218:

I just hope it’s based off the classic Jaws 4

please let the shark roar. just swap out the T-rex from JP3 and call it a day.

#220 2 years ago

And put a non moving baby replica in the corner.. babyyyy shark do do do do do do

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

I read recently that the TRex didn’t actually roar but honked like a goose.

#222 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Jaws, as a film, worked because of the incredible acting, pace and suspense. Jeannot Szwarc directed Jaws 2 and had to face the same questions we’re asking: How do you match or top the original? The answer is: You don’t.
    He showed the shark constantly. He knew the audience had already seen it. There was no need to tease it. Instead, the sequel focused on the action and the horror element. It’s not a classic movie, but it knew what it was. I think the creative team (hopefully) behind Jaws knows and understands this.

Jaws 2 is a fine film. No, it isn't as good as the original, but as you said, it knew what it was. I think I've seen 2 more than 1. How it picks off the kids is damn right frightening, especially the girl that saves Brody's son. That scene still gives me shudders.

#223 2 years ago

"jaws eats a helicopter" was the rumor around the playground. I didn't believe it. Couldn't believe it.

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

"jaws eats a helicopter" was the rumor around the playground. I didn't believe it. Couldn't believe it.

To try and tow a boat with a helicopter, especially given the short length of the tow rope pictured would have been extremely dangerous.

Quoted from Methos:

especially the girl that saves Brody's son. That scene still gives me shudders.

That was definitely the one that stayed with me.

#225 2 years ago

Wizard mode one- Air tank blow up.
    Wizard mode two- Electrocute via underwater cable.
    Wizard mode three- Pull pin on grenade
    Final wizard mode - Impale shark via Ship Mast.

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

JP could really just be rethemed, and it would sell out...Demand > supply, and materials will have more shortages from overseas for at least 6 months, maybe longer.

Looking like its time to make in Mexico, and return to $5K pros.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Looking like its time to make in Mexico, and return to $5K pros.

I think you meant "time to make in Mexico, retain MSRP, and bump profits $2k per game."

#228 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

That was definitely the one that stayed with me.

Even now all these years later, I think it was the best filmed scene from any of the series. You can see the shark coming up behind her...rising up and then it cuts to the back view as her screaming is cut out at the right time and your mind fills in the rest...and then the kid goes into shock.

I give the movie all the slack necessary just for that scene alone.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I think you meant "time to make in Mexico, retain MSRP, and bump profits $2k per game."

Yep! While everyone is paying stupid money for a pinball machine, why bother discounting.

#230 1 year ago
    t5r8f7w66he61 (resized).jpgt5r8f7w66he61 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #231 1 year ago

Rumors of Venom seemed to have evaporated. What if Venom actually turns out to be a code name for Jaws? That would be epic. Haha

#232 1 year ago

I don’t really care as long as it’s made in Mexico.

#233 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Rumors of Venom seemed to have evaporated. What if Venom actually turns out to be a code name for Jaws? That would be epic. Haha

The rumors definitely need to step up and announce themselves more prominently.

Consider a request for Nacho Libre, Mexican rasslin.

D38AA47D-6F13-470F-9C0A-7D961806D11A.jpegD38AA47D-6F13-470F-9C0A-7D961806D11A.jpeg

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What if Venom actually turns out to be a code name for Jaws?

That actually makes perfect sense.

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-says-jaws/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.