Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Excited?”

• HELL YES! 94 votes
      43%
    • Meh… 125 votes
      57%

(219 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D38AA47D-6F13-470F-9C0A-7D961806D11A.jpeg
    t5r8f7w66he61 (resized).jpg
    285624C3-6D34-4E04-BA6C-122A52231799.gif
    IMG_20220226_001143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220225_234507 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-065207_Gallery (resized).jpg
    multipliers (resized).png
    231343367_221595649971305_6522318597084851150_n (resized).jpg
    Franchi_JAWS_Translite (resized).png
    Jaws_Stern_Eating_Kman (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20220221_001747 (resized).jpg
    20220130_182439 (resized).jpg
    Ape-Meets-Girl-Jaws-Amity-Island-Island-Closed (resized).jpg
    venom-high-res-pic (resized).jpg
    jaws-19-1280jpg-9966cb_1280w.jpg

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 2 years ago

Who is supposed to be making this?

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The shark eats the ball, you're gonna need a bigger boat/ball call-out. blah blah blah. What a terrible theme for pinball.
    Hope not.

Quoted from zaki:

i would hope not. it's a very old movie and outdated. they need to drop all these old man themes. we've seen enough of them.

Quoted from yancy:

Sharknado is a better pinball theme by a wide margin. Maybe not for sales, but in pure fun? Absolutely.

Theme is basically meaningless in pinball. There, I said it.

I have three old man rock pins in my collection, and I only marginally liked one of the bands… but the games ended up great, so I bought them.

There have been dream themes for me, and the games sucked… so I didn’t buy them.

A good designer and a good programmer can build a good game out of anything. They can also build a crappy boring one. Theme is a marginal consideration in pins. It’s all about the game.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

There have been dream themes for me, and the games sucked… so I didn’t buy them.

Yup, although dream themes do get you hyped to buy before playing, and force you to justify paying NIB prices. My Rush LE shows up tomorrow, let’s see how that works out lol. Some of my dream themes: Transformers, 80s TMNT, Ghostbusters, Lebowski. I wouldn’t own any of them.

Before pinball, I didn’t like the LOTR or Tron movies, and now those are some of my favorite games. I hate golf, I love NGG. The Shadow & BSD are horrible movies, but amazing pins.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Just an old movie. Newer themes are better. It has to be 50 years old now or near that?

Yup, it is an old movie that is still referenced today on a regular basis. If you've seen Jaws even once, stepping into the ocean brings back the memories. Just last week a shark killed someone in Sydney, so its kinda still a very real and universal fear.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/swimmer-killed-in-sydney-shark-attack/

#155 2 years ago

Kaneda says no new games till August...

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

A Jaws pin to me sounds and seems like it can be an awful lot like a pin called Halloween.

Except it would be a stern pin not a spooky pin. Do you honestly think if stern made Halloween it would have any resemblance to spooky’s pin?

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

JAWS is an awesome theme... I'd rate it 100 times higher than bloody Godzilla. I made my own virtual pinball game many years ago. As close to the movie experience as any pinball game could ever get...

If you have a pincab, save yourself $10k and just play my version for free.

This is probably the best virtual table I've seen.

#158 2 years ago

I think BTTF would be a better choice...or even a ZZ Top music pin over Jaws

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Who is supposed to be making this?

Rumor is deeproot is rockin this theme

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Except it would be a stern pin not a spooky pin. Do you honestly think if stern made Halloween it would have any resemblance to spooky’s pin?

Thankfully, Stern DIDN'T get Halloween. But then again, it probably would've never been on their radar to begin with. Hobby needs a company like Spooky for just this reason.

#161 2 years ago

money says it's a run of JP to fulfill backordered games given the latest info.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Kaneda says no new games till August...

You guys who downvoted me realize this came straight from Stern, right? Or was it the mere mention of Kaneda that sent you into a down vote frenzy? Lol.

#163 2 years ago

Time for another test run...

Screenshot_20210913-065207_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210913-065207_Gallery (resized).jpgmultipliers (resized).pngmultipliers (resized).png
    #164 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

You guys who downvoted me realize this came straight from Stern, right? Or was it the mere mention of Kaneda that sent you into a down vote frenzy? Lol.

The answer is obvious.

And 3 is a down vote frenzy?

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

You lost me at Kaneda.

Hasn´t kaneda completely stopped pinball?

Not a podcast in months.

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Not a podcast in months.

He makes you pay for it now. Charging for a podcast lol

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Not a podcast in months.

He’s on Patreon. It’s $5 a month.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

There's a sucker Born Every Minute

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

There's a sucker Born Every Minute

Like all of us continuing to jump at buying everything at Stern’s jacked up and continued increased prices. Haha. Makes the podcast at $5 a month hardly worth worrying about. I honestly don’t know why anyone cares. It’s just such a small thing to spend so much time on.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Like all of us continuing to jump at buying everything at Stern’s jacked up and continued increased prices. Haha. Makes the podcast at $5 a month hardly worth worrying about. I honestly don’t know why anyone cares. It’s just such a small thing to spend so much time on.

If you stretched it to $6 a month , you could stop a kid dying , rather than helping some rich guy to buy a LE pin to flip .

IMG_20220225_234507 (resized).jpgIMG_20220225_234507 (resized).jpg
    #171 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If you stretched it to $6 a month , you could stop a kid dying , rather than helping some rich guy to buy a LE pin to flip .
    [quoted image]

If you don’t buy a Stern topper, you could stop over 100 kids from dying AND stop lining the pockets of an even wealthier group. It’s a slippery slope…

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

rather than helping some rich guy to buy a LE pin to flip .

I also don’t know why you think he’s so rich. He’s certainly not poor but I don’t think he’s rich. There are way wealthier people on this site who flip LEs all of the time.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I also don’t know why you think he’s so rich. He’s certainly not poor but I don’t think he’s rich. There are way wealthier people on this site who flip LEs all of the time.

I think someone who drives a Dodge Demon could be considered rich .
    You're more than entitled to do whatever you want with your money , I just think there are better ways to spend it .

IMG_20220226_001143 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_001143 (resized).jpg
    #174 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yes, that's normal today if the quality and content is good. Have you heard of Nextlander? It's a company that split off from Giant Bomb doing video game podcasts. They have nearly 10,000 Patrons and are probably pulling in $50k+ per month (divided amongst 3 people). If there's a following a paid for podcast can be successful.

I'm signed up for Kaneda's podcast. I prefer listening to Kanedas pinball podcast over others as he holds nothing back, isn't a distributor, and doesn't care what the pinball companies think about him. Some of the other pinball podcasters are almost afraid to say their honest opinions or won't as they are a distributor / supplier. I don't agree with everything Kaneda has said but his podcast has integrity (not being biased) which goes a long way as a listener.

#175 2 years ago

delete

#176 2 years ago

I can't wait til this gets locked like the last prediction turned caneda lovefest that doesn't belong on Pinside.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't wait til this gets locked like the last prediction turned caneda lovefest that doesn't belong on Pinside.

Who is this caneda? And why do some put so much faith in him?

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bizzaroflo:

Who is this caneda? And why do some put so much faith in him?

Dang, one day in and blocked..

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Whaddaya expect? He spelled Kaneda wrong. yzfguy is next.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Gee, another duplicate account. What a winner.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Whaddaya expect? He spelled Kaneda wrong. yzfguy is next.

Agreed on the first part, but yzfguy sure doesn’t look like a shill account. He’s been around forever and collected far too few downvotes for that.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed on the first part, but yzfguy sure doesn’t look like a shill account. He’s been around forever and collected far too few downvotes for that.

I know. I was just making fun of him spelling the name wrong. I know yzfguy personally...he's a real guy and a great friend.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know. I was just making fun of him spelling the name wrong. I know yzfguy personally...he's a real guy and a great friend.

Awww.... I spell it wrong on purpose just to be disrespectful

1 week later
    #184 2 years ago

The more people post about it, the more I am hoping for a JAWS pin. Think of what they could do....

-Giant ball-eating shark head
    -Intense, blood-pumping musical moments, especially with the iconic ''2-note'' shark theme plus expression lighting setting up a critical shot...man!
    -Richard Dreyfuss callouts
    -Maybe a dorsal fin that rises and dips across the playfield similar to Big Buck Hunter, but better.
    -A good opportunity to have Stern make an overwhelmingly "blue" color-schemed pin that would stand out in a sea of reds, oranges, and yellows.
    -Potentially an innovative lower playfield with underwater shark toy interaction.

Lemme know more ideas, please, this is fun to think about!

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

lmao he is not rich, I don't think you know what rich is but its not owning one nice car lol.

#186 2 years ago

I watched one of those Saturday shows…how come he has a hamster on his head?

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mark1971:

lmao he is not rich, I don't think you know what rich is but its not owning one nice car lol.

Lol

#188 2 years ago

It amazes me how much some people bitch. Especially when it’s about a hobby/product you choose to participate in. Specialized markets need to do what they can to survive - let alone thrive.

Grow up and work hard for the things you need and want - whatever the costs. Throw out the negativity - it hurts progression as a whole - even in pinball.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Afraid of diversity? No. Irritated by hypocrisy? Yes.

Absolutely!

But what does any of it have to do with pinball?

3 weeks later
    #190 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, although dream themes do get you hyped to buy before playing, and force you to justify paying NIB prices. My Rush LE shows up tomorrow, let’s see how that works out lol. Some of my dream themes: Transformers, 80s TMNT, Ghostbusters, Lebowski. I wouldn’t own any of them.
    Before pinball, I didn’t like the LOTR or Tron movies, and now those are some of my favorite games. I hate golf, I love NGG. The Shadow & BSD are horrible movies, but amazing pins.

Imagine not wanting to own TBL.

#191 1 year ago

Bruh, you just resurrected a month old thread to complain about someone's opinion from 40 days ago.

Quoted from theadicts77:

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from DentalDude88:

The more people post about it, the more I am hoping for a JAWS pin. Think of what they could do....
    -Giant ball-eating shark head
    -Intense, blood-pumping musical moments, especially with the iconic ''2-note'' shark theme plus expression lighting setting up a critical shot...man!
    -Richard Dreyfuss callouts
    -Maybe a dorsal fin that rises and dips across the playfield similar to Big Buck Hunter, but better.
    -A good opportunity to have Stern make an overwhelmingly "blue" color-schemed pin that would stand out in a sea of reds, oranges, and yellows.
    -Potentially an innovative lower playfield with underwater shark toy interaction.
    Lemme know more ideas, please, this is fun to think about!

Would be good to see....this the most blue I've ever done in a pin but it really works. No ball eating shark but you get to rock the Orca. And all the actors callouts are in it from the original movie.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Would be good to see....this the most blue I've ever done in a pin but it really works. No ball eating shark but you get to rock the Orca. And all the actors callouts are in it from the original movie.

Shoot the dang jackpot !

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Imagine paying for it in 2014, then having the company lie to you, then your built game being held hostage by the manufacturer, then sold to a new buyer. Dutch Pinball is a horrible company & their unethical blundering made me not want to own my dream theme.

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Imagine paying for it in 2014, then having the company lie to you, then your built game being held hostage by the manufacturer, then sold to a new buyer. Dutch Pinball is a horrible company & their unethical blundering made me not want to own my dream theme.

My friend Al literally died waiting for them to send him a game he paid $8000 or whatever for 8 years ago.

I guess they are off the hook on that one.

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My friend Al literally died waiting for them to send him a game he paid $8000 or whatever for 8 years ago. I guess they are off the hook on that one.

His family should know that they can probably sell his "spot in line" -- probably safer than waiting to see if DP will just ship the game to his last known address if he doesn't respond to an email or call.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

GOTG, AIQ, TMNT, and JP have proven that customers on the whole do not care about voice acting/casting in pins anymore. Kind of a shame, but the market has spoken. I still hope they always try to get a real actor involved in licensed games…it makes it feel more legit & special.

cleland saved GOTG, I don't think I could own it with the stock Stern code on it.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They in no way are not 'a horrible company', but you do you I guess, pal.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

They in no way are not 'a horrible company', but you do you I guess, pal.

I think you're not saying what you intend to say via double negative.

#200 1 year ago

He didn’t not intend to say that they aren’t not a horrible company.

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-says-jaws/page/4?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.