Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Excited?”

• HELL YES! 94 votes
      43%
    • Meh… 125 votes
      57%

(219 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D38AA47D-6F13-470F-9C0A-7D961806D11A.jpeg
    t5r8f7w66he61 (resized).jpg
    285624C3-6D34-4E04-BA6C-122A52231799.gif
    IMG_20220226_001143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220225_234507 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-065207_Gallery (resized).jpg
    multipliers (resized).png
    231343367_221595649971305_6522318597084851150_n (resized).jpg
    Franchi_JAWS_Translite (resized).png
    Jaws_Stern_Eating_Kman (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20220221_001747 (resized).jpg
    20220130_182439 (resized).jpg
    Ape-Meets-Girl-Jaws-Amity-Island-Island-Closed (resized).jpg
    venom-high-res-pic (resized).jpg
    jaws-19-1280jpg-9966cb_1280w.jpg
    There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

They should incorporate parts from Jaws 2.
    They could have a mode where Jaws bites the high voltage wire and the ground braid comes loose and the machine shocks the shit out of you.

They should make the LE playfield one big aquarium for the owners who don't play and just want these things for looks.

Fill it with water and customize it with accessories from the local aquarium pet shop. A modders dream.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Lol, he’s right though. Cmon guys, how can we expect the next generations to carry on. Rush, Godzilla, Godfather, Jaws, Wonka, yawn.
    Let’s go pinheads, get with the times. What’s next??
    Golden Girls??

Will take golden girls over another dad rock pin… Blanche multiball, hit the ramp to visit St Olaf… countless possibilities

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why? They made Jurassic Park with the following assets:
    -Theme music from John Williams
    -Likeness & voice clips of Wayne Knight (Nedry)
    I thought this would doom the game. I was humbly proven wrong, the game is absolute god tier. The “original side story” concept that Elwin went with made it a better game in the end. He can easily do the same with Jaws, if the licensing situation is similar.

or the code will be modded again like I did for Jurassic Park to bring in the movie clips. Stern getting the IP we know and love but then being cheap and not delivering what we know and love = fail (for me). so.......

I ABSOLUTELY love jaws and similar to JP, this will be a passion project to get it to where it needs to be. If the code can be opened up, I will inject the movie clips we know and love.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Will take golden girls over another dad rock pin… Blanche multiball, hit the ramp to visit St Olaf… countless possibilities

Thank you for being a friend ballsave

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

-Likeness & voice clips of Wayne Knight (Nedry)

They promised that, but I only remember the ah ah ah tilt warning as his only call out.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Lol, he’s right though. Cmon guys, how can we expect the next generations to carry on. Rush, Godzilla, Godfather, Jaws, Wonka, yawn.
    Let’s go pinheads, get with the times. What’s next??
    Golden Girls??

A Blanche bash toy (think MM, AFM, groot)with her suggestive call outs after each hit would be epic. I would definitely be in on an LE, not kidding.

#106 2 years ago

Instant sell out. I’d buy it.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

They promised that, but I only remember the ah ah ah tilt warning as his only call out.

Lit right outlane & attract mode has a ton of Nedry callouts…and Invalid Multiball is constant “You didn’t say the magic word, ah ah ah”

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

JAWS is an awesome theme... I'd rate it 100 times higher than bloody Godzilla. I made my own virtual pinball game many years ago. As close to the movie experience as any pinball game could ever get...

If you have a pincab, save yourself $10k and just play my version for free.

Awesome table. I enjoy it each day. Great job.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

or the code will be modded again like I did for Jurassic Park to bring in the movie clips. Stern getting the IP we know and love but then being cheap and not delivering what we know and love = fail (for me). so.......
    I ABSOLUTELY love jaws and similar to JP, this will be a passion project to get it to where it needs to be. If the code can be opened up, I will inject the movie clips we know and love.

JP’s story & code has nothing to do with the movie clips & characters. You can hack the game if it makes you happy, but it doesn’t work as well as their original animation & sound. You still bought the game, so Stern wins.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Lit right outlane & attract mode has a ton of Nedry callouts…and Invalid Multiball is constant “You didn’t say the magic word, ah ah ah”

Ok. But when they first announced Wayne Knight doing call outs, I wasn’t expecting Raul Julia, but I was expecting a little more than what was delivered. Still a great game.

Agree, Jaws theme would be implemented in a similar manner as JP2

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

JP’s story & code has nothing to do with the movie clips & characters. You can hack the game if it makes you happy, but it doesn’t work as well as their original animation & sound. You still bought the game, so Stern wins.

Stern always wins - no doubt.

Agree to disagree on what doesn't work and what does. I'm not a fan of playstation 1 animations and terrible voice actors but that's just me.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Agree to disagree on what doesn't work and what does. I'm not a fan of playstation 1 animations and terrible voice actors but that's just me.

It works with enough people. Isn’t stern back ordered til at least summer?

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don’t like those things in general, and kept me from buying the game at first - but it actually all works really well when playing, and I thought the game was so fun, I had to disregard my previous impression & buy one.

The CG assets are well beyond PS1. PS3, at least.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

GOTG, AIQ, TMNT, and JP have proven that customers on the whole do not care about voice acting/casting in pins anymore. Kind of a shame, but the market has spoken. I still hope they always try to get a real actor involved in licensed games…it makes it feel more legit & special.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes b/c it's the best stern game ever, made even better with some more tweaks ; )

Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t like those things in general, and kept me from buying the game at first - but it actually all works really well when playing, and I thought the game was so fun, I had to disregard my previous impression & buy one.
    The CG assets are well beyond PS1. PS3, at least.

Stern's CG assets are just as good as god of war 3 and uncharted 2 and 3? haha ok then. You need to boot up a ps3 again.

Seriously, no need for me to continue on it. I get you like sterns OG code. That's great. This way everyone is happy.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Stern's CG assets are just as good as god of war 3 and uncharted 2 and 3? haha ok then.

The human character animation & models aren’t that good - but the vehicles, environments, goats, and dinos are pretty nice looking IMO.

#117 2 years ago

If anyone wants to see just how good character animations can look in a pin check out the April code mod for TMNT. Stern should be a bit embarrassed that someone in the community is putting better animations into their games then them. Also Stern should try to hire the person that made the mod!

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from OCP2:

I’m fairly new here and don’t know much about Kaneda, how right has he been in the past with his pin predictions?

Check him out on Facebook for a while and then you can decide if you want to join his podcast. People on Pinside are divided into combative camps regarding him.

https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/

I think it's noteworthy that he has grown his Patreon base from 300 to 400 listeners in just the past couple of months.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:Check him out on Facebook for a while and then you can decide if you want to join his podcast. People on Pinside are divided into combative camps regarding him.
    I think it's noteworthy that he has grown his Patreon base from 300 to 400 listeners in just the past couple of months.

Gotta say, if he has only 400 listeners as of now, I think we have found someone that can spam the voting system.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Eventually he will be correct !

Even a broken watch has the correct time twice a day!

#121 2 years ago

How I really wanted JAWS to end...

Jaws_Stern_Eating_Kman (resized).pngJaws_Stern_Eating_Kman (resized).png
    #122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

I'd flip it!
    [quoted image]

Where did this pic come from , I want to frame it and put it in my basement!

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Where did this pic come from , I want to frame it and put it in my basement!

I liked what Franchi did for the back glass…
    Franchi_JAWS_Translite (resized).pngFranchi_JAWS_Translite (resized).png

231343367_221595649971305_6522318597084851150_n (resized).jpg231343367_221595649971305_6522318597084851150_n (resized).jpg
    #124 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Fellow long islander..... * nods *

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Check him out on Facebook for a while and then you can decide if you want to join his podcast. People on Pinside are divided into combative camps regarding him.

I'm glad he went to Patreon, because it forced me to stop watching the train wreck. I have to say: my feelings about the hobby and the aspects of the hobby that I'm interested in have all changed for the better since I eliminated that idiot from regurgitating nonsense in my ears. I really can't believe I let that shit show exist in my realm for as long as I did.

My recommendation: don't go to his facebook page. If you're interested in pinball commentary, listen to Buffalo Pinball or something similar.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm glad he went to Patreon, because it forced me to stop watching the train wreck. I have to say: my feelings about the hobby and the aspects of the hobby that I'm interested in have all changed for the better since I eliminated that idiot from regurgitating nonsense in my ears. I really can't believe I let that shit show exist in my realm for as long as I did.
    My recommendation: don't go to his facebook page. If you're interested in pinball commentary, listen to Buffalo Pinball or something similar.

No argument from me and its good for people to make a choice. I just enjoy monitoring the Pinside Up - Down voting.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Three white guys on the glass and one of them is smoking a cigarette? They might have to make the shark look a little more "ethnic looking" or something in order for this to pass muster today. I kid... I kid.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

i would hope not. it's a very old movie and outdated. they need to drop all these old man themes. we've seen enough of them.

What's outdated about it? The theme? The cast? Shark attacks? Bruce?

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Three white guys on the glass and one of them is smoking a cigarette? They might have to make the shark look a little more "ethnic looking" or something in order for this to pass muster today. I kid... I kid.

You've been pretty obsessed with this stuff lately...I think some of those SUper Bowl ads just drove you over the edge?

Surely you have more to offer us than lame Gutfield jokes, no?

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've been pretty obsessed with this stuff lately...I think some of those SUper Bowl ads just drove you over the edge?
    Surely you have more to offer us than lame Gutfield jokes, no?

Glad you noticed. It's a natural consequence of going from aiming for color blindness to being forced to see color in everything. That's the beast that's been created. I'm just reacting to it.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Glad you noticed. It's a natural consequence of going from aiming for color blindness to being forced to see color in everything. That's the beast that's been created. I'm just reacting to it.

Great.

Why not react to it some fucking where else besides literally the LEAST diverse corner of the internet you are ever going to find. Nobody here gives a shit, and this is a "safe space" for people who are afraid of diversity. You won't find it in pinball so why are you complaining so much here lately, where it makes absolutely no sense?

It's a broken record with lame jokes. Ethic Jaws lolololol what a knee-slapper.

I think you misinterpreted "Us and Them," maybe listen to it again.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great.
    Why not react to it some fucking where else besides literally the LEAST diverse corner of the internet you are ever going to find. Nobody here gives a shit, and this is a "safe space" for people who are afraid of diversity. You won't find it in pinball so why are you complaining?
    I think you need to spin The Wall again, my friend.

You've been here a year less than me and have mathematically, let's see here, 10X as many posts as me. You "spin the wall" in just about every direction with but an occasional post on pinball. So, what's your contribution? Are you so witty and clever that everyone is just buckling over with laughter at your attempt at "smart" humor? Hardly. You have way too high an opinion of yourself.

Afraid of diversity? No. Irritated by hypocrisy? Yes.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Afraid of diversity? No. Irritated by hypocrisy? Yes.

WHO GIVES A FUCK

This is a pinball forum dummy. You can't really find somewhere else to complain about black people in commercials?

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHO GIVES A FUCK
    This is a pinball forum dummy. You can't really find somewhere else to complain about black people in commercials?

It's a pinball forum? You wouldn't know that by reading your posts. Tell me more about it.

#135 2 years ago

It's one shark. I don't see a game there.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

As opposed to something like sharknado?

#137 2 years ago

Sharknado is a better pinball theme by a wide margin. Maybe not for sales, but in pure fun? Absolutely.

#138 2 years ago

Who gives a shit what he says? He was banned from pinside for a reason, why do people insist on bringing him up in here?

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sharknado is a better pinball theme by a wide margin. Maybe not for sales, but in pure fun? Absolutely.

Sharknado has humor which can go a long way.
    And Ian Ziering may pay Stern to do the voice over.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Someone had a funny idea of the player being the shark. That would work. All the shots are swimmers that you’re trying to eat. Bloodbath Jackpot!

#141 2 years ago

The shark is a manifestation of Brody’s closeted homosexuality. I think playing as “the shark” would work well in the pinball world.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And Ian Ziering may pay Stern to do the voice over.

It's hard to imagine Robert Shaw would have seen recording pinball callouts as fit work for a man. Though he'd have been magnificent. And it's a shame Roy Scheider (once referred to by Spy Magazine as "a poor man's James Caan") is dead. You know he'd have been both available and affordable.

Which leaves us with Richard Dreyfuss -- not sure anyone's clamoring for him to voice the game.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone had a funny idea of the player being the shark. That would work. All the shots are swimmers that you’re trying to eat. Bloodbath Jackpot!

You know that was the original script of Jaws 3 when it was Jaws 3, People 0?

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

What's outdated about it? The theme? The cast? Shark attacks? Bruce?

Just an old movie. Newer themes are better. It has to be 50 years old now or near that?

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Just an old movie. Newer themes are better. It has to be 50 years old now or near that?

It’s a reflection of our collective childhoods. While some will have ‘newer’ things that remind them, this theme is ours.

I’m 55 and in the best shape of my life. Old is not how I’d describe myself.

#146 2 years ago

Old is always at least 25 or 30 years older than whatever your current birthday is. As for jaws, done correctly it will sell and sell well. Look at Godzilla, cheesy Japanese Movies with badly dubbed English, ridiculous Monster Costumes and yet when incorporated into a pin designed by Elwin and with incredible toys and Mechs becomes an instant classic and one of the best pins Stern ever made. The only problem is the bar set by Godzilla is incredibly high.

#147 2 years ago

A Jaws pin to me sounds and seems like it can be an awful lot like a pin called Halloween.

#148 2 years ago

Jaws: the Dad Rock of Movies

#149 2 years ago

I’m 38 and I can vividly remember staying up late by myself to watch Jaws on TBS when they did the Dinner and a Movie thing where during commercial breaks they would make jokes about the movie and make food themed to the movie. I love that movie and I hope Elwin gets it. I have space for one more game and I’m hoping it will be Jaws. The setting is immersive enough that you don’t have to have movie content for it to be great. His Jurassic Park is my all time favorite pin with zero movie assets, but the music and layout of the game put me right into the movie. I’m one of those “you don’t play the screen” guys though so movie clips don’t do much for me. The only time I really get to see the screen is if I’m watching someone else play. In fact I think seeing the same movie clips recycled over and over while I play would actually take away from my enjoyment of the movie. I like Guardians of the Galaxy as a pin but the movie clips get worn out real quick.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Jaws: the Dad Rock of Movies

Sure. I’ll agree with that.

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-says-jaws/page/3?hl=vabeachrunner4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.