Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25041B82-6AC3-4C23-B834-BE2D0DD88C4C (resized).jpeg
    He's back!.gif
    C3AA5663-7578-44BF-B321-F826C56BAC0A.gif
    OJ.jpg
    46361613-2BD5-4A93-915A-95D2295C3341.gif
    6F1BBFE9-1D7E-4A69-A322-DB76263476AC (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 2.16.36 PM (resized).png
    Hillbilly dance (resized).png
    6D58EEE7-BCDC-41C0-84D3-0C6507C510BC (resized).png
    B483A644-E32B-411D-81B9-14782A261954 (resized).png
    916fa5275a2df00400da369430b99ded (resized).jpg
    4ax3ea (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    499770A5-6FFA-401A-9DAD-BABC66382415 (resized).jpeg
    FCB6D73C-5214-4E76-ADA6-E9BC0A6584ED (resized).jpeg
    FDA9F562-6B69-4C12-8FFE-14716FAB0A15 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoyed the podcast but "If I see real support, I may consider a return. But it has to be worth it " isn't how Patreon works. Patreon should shut his page down if he's not going to offer anything. I've supported a few content creators on Patreon over the years but again...you actually have to create content.

Been wondering about that for a couple years https://www.patreon.com/pinball

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, that doesn't seem right. So Bowen has been collecting over $600 a month and hasn't put out a single new video in over 6 months?

Was previously over $1,000 a month with somewhat higher output, but not by much.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Man, and hasn't posted on that page since late January. Are there updates given by him somewhere as to why or what happens with the funds collected monthly when no content is being produced?

The irony is a deep dive into deteriming the total $$$ brought in by Bowen's patreon to calculate the average cost per tutorial would make for a great episode of kaneda's podcast...

His patreon was set up in 2016. Archive.org shows at one point pledges exceeded $1,400 per month.

#260 3 years ago

I believe any amount pledged goes to the creator every month. I'm no expert, so if I'm incorrect I hope people will correct me.

Bowen has various goals and the next highest not yet reached will display to incentivise new pledgers. Presumably all those already reached goals are active (in terms of money being delivered and products being expected).

If you click the left button on his unmet monthly $800 goal, you will see that he has already met his monthly $550 goal (and his monthly $300 goal, and monthly $175 goal, and monthly $150 goal, and monthly etc.). And, again, for I believe years he exceeded his $800 goal, and his monthly $1,050 goal, and his monthly $1,325 goal, etc).

Unless patreon exposes historical pledge data, only Bowen could report how much money has actually been brought in, since patronages can come and go. It seems fairly likely that the total numbers in multiple tens of thousands of dollars.

I was never a major backer, but ended my monthly subscription years ago when I realized he wasn't delivering anywhere near the same amount of content he did in the first couple years.

I do think it's a subject worthy of clarification. Set it and forget monthly withdrawals lend themselves to exploitation. Whether intentional or not, it seems to me Bowen has taken in far more money than he has delivered on per the terms he originally set up.

This isn't surprising given he went from a math teacher pinball hobbyist to someone employed in the industry. But if his situation has changed enough that what he originally said he intended to do no longer lines up with what he now intends to do, he should be transparent about that. And if that merits changing the terms of his patreon and offering refunds for deliverables unmet, he should do that.

More than half of his patreon funding has moved on. But what remaining percentage isn't aware they're still paying for something that has long not been delivered and may never be?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-s-back?tu=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.