Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25041B82-6AC3-4C23-B834-BE2D0DD88C4C (resized).jpeg
    He's back!.gif
    C3AA5663-7578-44BF-B321-F826C56BAC0A.gif
    OJ.jpg
    46361613-2BD5-4A93-915A-95D2295C3341.gif
    6F1BBFE9-1D7E-4A69-A322-DB76263476AC (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 2.16.36 PM (resized).png
    Hillbilly dance (resized).png
    6D58EEE7-BCDC-41C0-84D3-0C6507C510BC (resized).png
    B483A644-E32B-411D-81B9-14782A261954 (resized).png
    916fa5275a2df00400da369430b99ded (resized).jpg
    4ax3ea (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    499770A5-6FFA-401A-9DAD-BABC66382415 (resized).jpeg
    FCB6D73C-5214-4E76-ADA6-E9BC0A6584ED (resized).jpeg
    FDA9F562-6B69-4C12-8FFE-14716FAB0A15 (resized).jpeg

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

By all means, I'll even help you get started if you like. There's always room for one more.

Sounds like a deal...where do I start?

I got an iPhone and an old labtop

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Actually, what's sad is someone that "says" they could care less...but, they had to come and chime in..(even though they care less). Tells the real story about them self.

Every f'n thread about Kaneda reeks of self promotion. I watched a presentation and Q&A at SFGE with a guy who left NASA to work for Williams. I can't rememeber his name, but it was very interesting and the guy really gave a thoughtful presentation and did his best to answer questions. It got totally f'd up by the DK guy and some dude dressed as a referee. They were inducting him into some sort of hall of fame unplanned. He didn't give a flip. We didn't give a flip. What they did was all about making them relevant to the pinball community and it f'd up that presentation. That's kinda what this Kaneda stuff feels like to me. I don't give an F about the DK guy or Kaneda, but boy they sure do keep popping up. "Look at me!! Look at me!!!"

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I've always felt people stating they haven't seen any Star Wars movies are going out, well out of their way to be counter culture cool.
    I was going to check out some of your other episodes, and went to check out your game selection. Hit your profile and prior posts instead, and saw more bashing in another thread on Kaneda. And some blurb about him being a white male with a self aggrandizing nature. Something like that. What does him being white have anything to do with his character??? You're brighter and better than that crap, aren't you?
    This thread and any Kaneda thread brings out fans, massive haters, and fake ambivalent types.
    Reality is, Kaneda is King of the Pinball Nerds, and that irks people with similar traits or desires. The more spurn I see, irrational spurn at that, thrown at him by people, the more I imagine people are envious of his...career, podcast success, place of living, wife, car, condition of his body, etc.
    Always the most extreme elements rise to the tops in these threads. It's as disturbing as it is interesting.

I am fine at ‘interesting’. I have no other opinions on K or the Pinball culture in general.

As far as disturbing? Just internet noise. I doubt Kaneda’s career was ever in jeopardy...just drama.

If he returns? Ok. If never? Ok. Some folks getting furious either way? Ok. They’ll do that with things.

#154 3 years ago

He just posted on Facebook that Stern's next title is Queen.

What's the over/under that this is true? He seems pretty confident.

#155 3 years ago

I hate to be boring and not emotive but pinball podcasts are just like pinside threads . They are people giving their opinions on whatever topic , except you get to listen to them instead of reading them . Find some you like , ignore the ones you don't .
    The more pinball content out there , the better .

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

If that's true , I will little bit disappointed , I was hoping for Led Zeppelin but it would also show that he still has some contacts at Stern willing to spill the beans .
    There must be a loophole where you can write stuff on Facebook but not do your podcast .

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I've always felt people stating they haven't seen any Star Wars movies are going out, well out of their way to be counter culture cool.

Answer: Nah, I just don't like Sci-Fi. If the film mixes with horror like Alien or The Thing then I'll watch it, but just not into the Sci-Fi genre as a whole.

Quoted from wesman:

I was going to check out some of your other episodes, and went to check out your game selection. Hit your profile and prior posts instead, and saw more bashing in another thread on Kaneda. And some blurb about him being a white male with a self aggrandizing nature. Something like that. What does him being white have anything to do with his character??? You're brighter and better than that crap, aren't you?

Answer: And I'll give you the same answer I gave Chris Kooluris (Kaneda) when someone from here reached out to him saying I was personally bashing him. And I quote,

"Nothing against you personally. I think you, Chris Kooluris, is a fine human being. I dig your pins and Neo Geo enthusiasm. And, for the record, it sucks what happened, and I feel no one should have their lively hood attacked for bold statements, but I also know it doesn't matter what I think people are going to do what they want anyway. The character, Kaneda, which appears to be a persona exemplified for radio/broadcasting entertainment, is trolly, to significant effect. I think some gags or pokes go a bit far, but the fans seem to love it, so I understand it. It's not that much different than say an insult comic, it's funny and provocative. My digging or bashing falls under the same purview; I wouldn't bash you, Chris the person, because I don't know you, other than a few pics or statements I've read on FB. The podcast personality of Kaneda is the target of any jest. If anything I've stated has caused personal distress, I will refrain from any further comments, as it's not my intent to hurt you personally."

All this podcast stuff is for what, entertainment, to provide content entertainment, thus good press or bad press it's still press. The comments you mention were before I posted in this thread and my snarky remark was sarcasm at the opening post to "Let's keep it civil please." The sarcasm stems from the bashing and poking Kaneda does too, Zach Meny, Josh Sharpe, TPN, JJP, Stern, etc. And, I simply find it ironic that some folks are okay with that but dislike anyone saying anything provocative against Kaneda. Thus, wI as simply pushing that irony, which was meet with the same revulsion and dislike as I expected.

Note, however, that once I told Chris, I'd "refrain from any further comments" against him, I've lived up to that. As I told him, my intent isn't to assault him personally, but rather just some trash talk against the persona of Kaneda. The reality is either the persona of Kaneda is for podcast entertainment, marketing the style of if it bleeds it leads, sort of mentality or the Chris and Kaneda are one and the same and he is just a guy who likes to troll.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Sounds like a deal...where do I start?

I got an iPhone and an old labtop

PM'd

#159 3 years ago

So it clearly seems that if Chris wanted to start doing pods again, he would.
    Putting pics of the next jjp game and telling facebookers that Stern Queen is on its way, proves it.
    I would wager that a lot more people see his stuff via facebook—>to pinside—>to all the other pinball pods next week, than he would get from doing episode 500 about it.

Great to have u back Kaneda... even if it is only by FB posts.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Is he “ass-tattoo guarantee” confident?

#161 3 years ago

Sure it isn't Steve McQueen?

I just can't see redecorating my house to look like Liberace's.

#162 3 years ago

And I quote,
    "Nothing against you personally. I think you, Chris Kooluris, is a fine human being. I dig your pins and Neo Geo enthusiasm.

So later you admit you don't really know the guy... but are willing to call him a fine human being.

And then say it's really an entertainment personality that is the magnet of the problems.

Well, I'll give you the real short version... you're wrong. It is his him and his actions, not some made up persona, that causes him grief. It's why he gets blown up in every hobby community he tries to enter.

This didn't start with a podcast.... that's just his platform to mouth off on.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I can't believe that.

Would love it if true but Led Zep and Queen together? Not happening.

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So later you admit you don't really know the guy... but are willing to call him a fine human being.

On Facebook yes, I saw no indication from is profile or communication, as Chris, to indicate that he isn't.

However, if you say he is the way he is in public and private then that's a bummer.

#165 3 years ago

I kind of miss his podcast but I have to say it became kind of redundant and samey near the end.

He endlessly vacillated from loving to hating Stern. He probably could have tried to get more guests during The Great Boredom of 2020. He should have turned some of his unending pessimism towards looking into deeproot which could very well be the Theranos/Fyte Festival of Pinball.

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Stern's next title is Queen

She's lived a long and happy life, has millions of fans, and apparently is immune to the virus, so why not?

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #167 3 years ago

On Facebook yes, I saw no indication from is profile or communication, as Chris, to indicate that he isn't.
    However, if you say he is the way he is in public and private then that's a bummer.

He's that way in public too - I think you are taking a very small sample of your exposure and calling it a day. Anecdotal at best. In fact, your take away is sad because it's exactly what his shtick is setup to do... dupe people. All this 'lets just talk about pinball...' 'why all the bitterness...' - its all a complete hypocritical shame. He's calling for an end to the very atmosphere HE created and fueled. And he's done this before... only to bipolar snap right back into it.

Do your homework on the guy before you're ready to dismiss years of disgust for someone.

#168 3 years ago

I’m your huckleberry

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Do your homework on the guy before you're ready to dismiss years of disgust for someone.

Not dismissing, just letting you know where I was coming from. Since I got into pinball media, I've heard the stories and seen a few of my own. When he contacted me personally, I gave is profile a quick look and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but if he's an all-around trolly mess of a guy, then that's that.

#170 3 years ago
    4ax3ea (resized).jpg4ax3ea (resized).jpg
    #171 3 years ago

Answer: Nah, I just don't like Sci-Fi. If the film mixes with horror like Alien or The Thing then I'll watch it, but just not into the Sci-Fi genre as a whole.

Answer: And I'll give you the same answer I gave Chris Kooluris (Kaneda) when someone from here reached out to him saying I was personally bashing him. And I quote,
    "Nothing against you personally. I think you, Chris Kooluris, is a fine human being. I dig your pins and Neo Geo enthusiasm. And, for the record, it sucks what happened, and I feel no one should have their lively hood attacked for bold statements, but I also know it doesn't matter what I think people are going to do what they want anyway. The character, Kaneda, which appears to be a persona exemplified for radio/broadcasting entertainment, is trolly, to significant effect. I think some gags or pokes go a bit far, but the fans seem to love it, so I understand it. It's not that much different than say an insult comic, it's funny and provocative. My digging or bashing falls under the same purview; I wouldn't bash you, Chris the person, because I don't know you, other than a few pics or statements I've read on FB. The podcast personality of Kaneda is the target of any jest. If anything I've stated has caused personal distress, I will refrain from any further comments, as it's not my intent to hurt you personally."
    All this podcast stuff is for what, entertainment, to provide content entertainment, thus good press or bad press it's still press. The comments you mention were before I posted in this thread and my snarky remark was sarcasm at the opening post to "Let's keep it civil please." The sarcasm stems from the bashing and poking Kaneda does too, Zach Meny, Josh Sharpe, TPN, JJP, Stern, etc. And, I simply find it ironic that some folks are okay with that but dislike anyone saying anything provocative against Kaneda. Thus, wI as simply pushing that irony, which was meet with the same revulsion and dislike as I expected.
    Note, however, that once I told Chris, I'd "refrain from any further comments" against him, I've lived up to that. As I told him, my intent isn't to assault him personally, but rather just some trash talk against the persona of Kaneda. The reality is either the persona of Kaneda is for podcast entertainment, marketing the style of if it bleeds it leads, sort of mentality or the Chris and Kaneda are one and the same and he is just a guy who likes to troll.

Gotta say I agree with Flynnibus regarding your stance of saying to the effect that you're anti TMZ, but now you're saying your opinion is just...schtick?

Also, still no excuse for using "white" as an epithet towards him in the other thread.

Contrary to Flynnibus, I don't feel it's fair to judge him entirely, that's nuts. Have an opinion, cite your issues sure, but man I just don't care enough to judge, jury executioner the guy....or anyone really.

I will also say, when I looked at your post history, they mostly seemed to revolve around your podcast or taking shots at Kaneda. So that explains a good deal of motive for me.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Gotta say I agree with Flynnibus regarding your stance of saying to the effect that you're anti TMZ, but now you're saying your opinion is just...schtick?
    Also, still no excuse for using "white" as an epithet towards him in the other thread.
    Contrary to Flynnibus, I don't feel it's fair to judge him entirely, that's nuts. Have an opinion, cite your issues sure, but man I just don't care enough to judge, jury executioner the guy....or anyone really.
    I will also say, when I looked at your post history, they mostly seemed to revolve around your podcast or taking shots at Kaneda. So that explains a good deal of motive for me.

1. Used "White" as a bland description of the person I was speaking of without using the name, keeping it 'civil' as a joke about my previous statement, essentially a sarcastic redaction to my origional post.

2. Not schtick, I meant what I said, but at the time I didn't know there wasn't a difference between the Podcaster persona and the man himself. When he reached out, I was just letting him that this wasn't a personal attack, more like friendly banter as opposed to an all-out assault.

3. As for Pinside, yeah I don't participate much, hell, I haven't been on here for very long. I mostly shop for mods and read stories about the pins I am interested in. I posted my podcast on here, sure, it is a platform for pinballers after all, and yes, in two threads over the past week and one on my podcast thread, I've mentioned Kaneda, but only to the current events at the time: His departure and his possible return.

#173 3 years ago

1. Used "White" as a bland description of the person I was speaking of without using the name, keeping it 'civil' as a joke about my previous statement, essentially a sarcastic redaction to my origional post.
    2. Not schtick, I meant what I said, but at the time I didn't know there wasn't a difference between the Podcaster persona and the man himself. When he reached out, I was just letting him that this wasn't a personal attack, more like friendly banter as opposed to an all-out assault.
    3. As for Pinside, yeah I don't participate much, hell, I haven't been on here for very long. I mostly shop for mods and read stories about the pins I am interested in. I posted my podcast on here, sure, it is a platform for pinballers after all, and yes, in two threads over the past week and one on my podcast thread, I've mentioned Kaneda, but only to the current events at the time: His departure and his possible return.

Eh, it's still targeted him for his ethnicity, for no gain at all.

It's not like there's a defined state of who he is, especially by people on internet boards that maybe felt manipulated, negated or marginalized by his dominance on the boards from years ago. From what I've gone back and read, he seemed like an overly excited puppy, making new threads endlessly, and posting everywhere and kind of being this amorphous blob all over the site. That was my impression anyway.

From listening to dozens of his podcasts, I can see how people would be polarized by his style, but again this is on a relatively small forum, where people routinely jockey for ego space.

Well get out there then! There are definitely more engaging threads than the most recent uproarious thread of the week/day. It's nice to haunt, and have input and learn in threads for games you do and don't own.

#174 3 years ago

10-4 Wesman. It's been nice chatting with everyone, perhaps our paths will cross again. Until then, it's time to find a Data East Robocop.

#175 3 years ago

10-4 Wesman. It's been nice chatting with everyone, perhaps our paths will cross again. Until then, it's time to find a Data East Robocop.

Gratuitous meme reply.

Good on ya, and have fun!

916fa5275a2df00400da369430b99ded (resized).jpg916fa5275a2df00400da369430b99ded (resized).jpg
    #176 3 years ago

The Random pinball podcast will be up and live soon...stay tuned!!!

B483A644-E32B-411D-81B9-14782A261954 (resized).pngB483A644-E32B-411D-81B9-14782A261954 (resized).png
    #177 3 years ago

My Tidepod cast should be up any day now.

6D58EEE7-BCDC-41C0-84D3-0C6507C510BC (resized).png6D58EEE7-BCDC-41C0-84D3-0C6507C510BC (resized).png
    #178 3 years ago

Episode 1

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

My Tidepod cast should be up any day now.
    [quoted image]

Those look tasty. Do they have CBD oil in them?

#180 3 years ago

Needs more lizard

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The Random pinball podcast will be up and live soon...stay tuned!!![quoted image]

I approve!

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

I love RATM, the music is amazing, but the members and their message are for socialist twats

haha. what?

#183 3 years ago

My favorite part:

"Oh it's got tight shots. SHUT UP!"

#184 3 years ago

Hope Kaneda's back soon peeps, best Pinball Podcast I've even listen too by Hemi Mopar Miles .... Beep Beep!!!!

#185 3 years ago

Looks like he deactivated his Facebook page.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from GunsNPinball:

Looks like he deactivated his Facebook page.

Probably for all the shit he got for begging for patreon subscribers to send him money last night and this morning. I unfollowed him after that shit. His behavior is really starting to suggest mental illness or some sort of substance addiction at this point. I’m not defending this clown anymore.

#187 3 years ago

or lack of employment?

#188 3 years ago

Starting to? That’s been going on for years. I thought his work said to stop the podcasting? Why would extra Patreon people make any difference??

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Probably for all the shit he got for begging for patreon subscribers to send him money last night and this morning. I unfollowed him after that shit. His behavior is really starting to suggest mental illness or some sort of substance addiction at this point. I’m not defending this clown anymore.

Yeah, I saw the live video and subsequent post.

Very off-putting the way he went about it.

Without the inherent drive/passion for him to be making the podcasts, it wouldn't feel the same. While I believe his effort and content has value, demanding donations would lend me to question if anything he would create afterward would just be forced, and it would be hard to listen to in the same context as before.

Disappointing for sure, but I suppose he continues to deliver on the train-wreck aspect

#190 3 years ago

Is the fucking guy having podcasts or not? I got a bet going on this

#191 3 years ago

Not knowing Kaneda but as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. Only thing I know is that this kaneda is failing miserably in keeping us in the know. I for one would love to know what his actually deal is. Who knows? Who cares? Anybody really know? My guess .... is no

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Not knowing Kaneda but as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. Only thing I know is that this kaneda is failing miserably in keeping us in the know. I for one would love to know what his actually deal is. Who knows? Who cares? Anybody really know? My guess .... is no

You know, this kinda makes sense.......

#193 3 years ago

I know : )

#194 3 years ago

One y’all fan boys should just pay the man 6000 a year to make a podcast. He deserves it, right??

#195 3 years ago

So he can’t do the podcast anymore because he could lose his job but it’s all good if he just gets 6k in donations per year? Sounds like maybe he doesn’t have a job anymore.

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

So he can’t do the podcast anymore because he could lose his job but it’s all good if he just gets 6k in donations per year? Sounds like maybe he doesn’t have a job anymore.

Uh....6K a year might pay his rent for 2-3 months, not much else.

#197 3 years ago

Is Kanada an apostle of Vid?
    You know what ...you guys are all fucked

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Not knowing Kaneda but as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

#199 3 years ago
    Meta AF lmao

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Uh....6K a year might pay his rent for 2-3 months, not much else.

Still free money. I’d take it.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-s-back/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.