Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25041B82-6AC3-4C23-B834-BE2D0DD88C4C (resized).jpeg
    He's back!.gif
    C3AA5663-7578-44BF-B321-F826C56BAC0A.gif
    OJ.jpg
    46361613-2BD5-4A93-915A-95D2295C3341.gif
    6F1BBFE9-1D7E-4A69-A322-DB76263476AC (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 2.16.36 PM (resized).png
    Hillbilly dance (resized).png
    6D58EEE7-BCDC-41C0-84D3-0C6507C510BC (resized).png
    B483A644-E32B-411D-81B9-14782A261954 (resized).png
    916fa5275a2df00400da369430b99ded (resized).jpg
    4ax3ea (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    499770A5-6FFA-401A-9DAD-BABC66382415 (resized).jpeg
    FCB6D73C-5214-4E76-ADA6-E9BC0A6584ED (resized).jpeg
    FDA9F562-6B69-4C12-8FFE-14716FAB0A15 (resized).jpeg
    There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

Thanks for your feedback, it's cute and trite. And yes, I have nards.

Just trying to be open. If anyone makes an attempt to engage someone's product/creation, it's an equal exchange of time versus possible entertainment and engagement.

I'll try to listen to more later, but the windup wasn't moving in any direction, and wasn't helping me as a listener, to continue forward. It's a tough balance, for a solo caster to self edit while recording basically, and maintain an entertaining and engaging listening atmosphere. Hence, kinda why Kaneda is fairly revered at this pinball podcast thing.

(And I meant nards more in a conceited way. As in if you're comparing yourself to a top tier level entertainer within a specific industry, you'd better be as good or better, in some capacity. Dumb, brash nards versus bold and commanding nards.)

#52 3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback, it's cute and trite. And yes, I have nards.

I was going to try to be nice, but pretentious and boring is the only thing coming to mind.

I Could only muster 7 minutes or so. Time i will never get back.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

if you're comparing yourself to a top tier level entertainer within a specific industry

Not comparing, we are both podcasters but our formats are so different. Most of my focus has been less on industry and more on those in the community. Frankly, there are plenty of pinball news shows. Further, provocative is always entertaining, like an insult comic or TMZ is entertaining. I don't watch or listen to those things but understand their mass appeal. You don't have to like it but I appreciate you trying it out.

#54 3 years ago

Every time I see BUY,BUY,BUY, I think Douche, Douche, Douche.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I was going to try to be nice, but pretentious and boring is the only thing coming to mind.

I Could only muster 7 minutes or so. Time i will never get back.

Thanks for listening.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Drives into work have certainly been quiet for me as of late..

Yeah. I disagree with a lot he says (or how he says it) and skip(ped) the 5-dimpling-rants-in-a-row Podcasts altogether, but there surely was more variety.

I still like to listen to all the rest but it truely feels that something is missing.

Before I had children I was way deeper in Videogames and listened to a lot of Podcasts.
    And everything they talked about was (kinda) "incredibly amazing best game ever"... but if asked a week or months later if they actually finished it, the answer mostkly was: No. - That became shallow and I stopped altogether listening.

I know what I like. - Just tell me what there is to criticize I can't see at first glance and I'll make up my own mind.

#57 3 years ago

Thanks for listening.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, but you were initialy.

Try to make it interesting from The get go. For the topic, maybe a funny anecdote about turtles or something that will catch interest.
    What microphone you use will not on a pinball pod.

When you stop mid sentence, it makes you seem pretentious. If you wanna use the technique with pausing like that, you first gotta establish that you are extremely interesting. Usuall only top tier scientists and celebrities gets away with it.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, but you were initialy.
    Try to make it interesting from The get go. For the topic, maybe a funny anecdote about turtles or something that will catch interest.
    What microphone you use will not on a pinball pod.
    When you stop mid sentence, it makes you seem pretentious. If you wanna use the technique with pausing like that, you first gotta establish that you are extremely interesting. Usuall only top tier scientists and celebrities gets away with it.

What gear I was using, I get for a first-time listener is like, "What the hell is talking about, I thought this was a Pinball Podcast, and Why would I care" As I mentioned earlier, the segment was a correctional addition from a previous episode and segment called "Inside the Podcaster's Studio." In episode 07, I asked myself the questions I had asked others and failed to answer the question, "what gear do you use." Thus, remedied the situation in the episode flagged in this thread. Not every show is a one-off, sometimes topics bleed into other episodes.

The pauses coming off as pretentious isn't something I've considered, but since it has been brought to my attention, I will shorten them. Normally, I talk super fast, like micro-machines guy fast, so in the podcast, I try and slow down my speech, worried I would sound spastic at my normal pace. However, if it's coming off as slow and pretentious, then I will push for a more conversational speed. Thank you for taking the time to listen and for suggesting the feedback.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

How incredibly nice of you. Thanks.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Thems the breaks Zach. The more you're out their for public consumption, the more you'll be judged. Ideally, you'll have a higher mix of people that dig you, than don't. And it's just a mixed bag. There are elements of people we enjoy, some aspects, not as much.

Lots of people do appreciate your personality and engagement in the hobby.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Thems the breaks Zach. The more you're out their for public consumption, the more you'll be judged. Ideally, you'll have a higher mix of people that dig you, than don't. And it's just a mixed bag. There are elements of people we enjoy, some aspects, not as much.
    Lots of people do appreciate your personality and engagement in the hobby.

Yeah, when you make content for people you should allow others to call you harmful, hateful things. You should take it and realize that’s the cost of having fun creating stuff for people.....

.....no thanks

Now where is Kaneda with Episode 500?!?! Does everyone have his throne prepared? Please don’t tell me you forgot the TWIPY polish!!! Bring it Chris, I’ve been waiting for ya...

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Quoted from ZMeny:

As soon as you posted this I thought Zack will have a smarmy response in 3...2...1...

The buy, buy, buy, buy shtick is not for me but what really gets me is that his only answer is just do more of it. He seems to only focus on negative feedback and it's a never ending cycle. Don't like my singing I'll show you and sing twice as much. It has just grown into this huge chip on his shoulder. His need to respond to every perceived slight on the internet and try and show them is so unentertaining.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah, when you make content for people you should allow others to call you harmful, hateful things. You should take it and realize that’s the cost of having fun creating stuff for people.....
    .....no thanks
    Now where is Kaneda with Episode 500?!?! Does everyone have his throne prepared? Please don’t tell me you forgot the TWIPY polish!!! Bring it Chris, I’ve been waiting for ya...

Yeesh. I was actually trying to compliment you Zach....

Reality versus fantasyland. People will have opinions, and sometimes be a bit rough in expressing them. Fantasyland, everyone is pleasant, walks about like a zombie, and files in line drearily.

#64 3 years ago

The song if anyone cares is the theme from Midnight Diner on Netflix. Quirky Japanese comedy drama, check it out.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

.....no thanks

Damn dude, he isn’t even on the web right now and he still lives in your head. That’s just sad.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

As soon as you posted this I thought Zack will have a smarmy response in 3...2...1...
    The buy, buy, buy, buy shtick is not for me but what really gets me is that his only answer is just do more of it. He seems to only focus on negative feedback and it's a never ending cycle. Don't like my singing I'll show you and sing twice as much. It has just grown into this huge chip on his shoulder. His need to respond to every perceived slight on the internet and try and show them is so unentertaining.

Quoted from wesman:

Yeesh. I was actually trying to compliment you Zach....
    Reality versus fantasyland. People will have opinions, and sometimes be a bit rough in expressing them. Fantasyland, everyone is pleasant, walks about like a zombie, and files in line drearily.

Quoted from gecko157:

Damn dude, he isn’t even on the web right now and he still lives in your head. That’s just sad.

This is why many don’t like my content. The Buy Buy Buy is a fun schtick I do to embrace being a dealer. Tongue n cheek.

I’m legit just having fun on this thread with you all, and poking fun at Kaneda. Many of you salivate when listening to his shows so you should know he has a fondness for me and is a huge fan of my work. He and I have fun back and forth. I miss correcting his false reporting, but boy it’s been peaceful and more supportive in the community with him taking holiday. Maybe one day I can join him on an episode and help him learn how to properly annunciate “BUY BUY BUY!” and differentiate between rumors and incorrect info being told to him just to hear him report on it.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Maybe one day I can join him on an episode and help him learn how to properly annunciate “BUY BUY BUY!” and differentiate between rumors and incorrect info being told to him just to hear him report on it.

You should have Kaneda on your show this week and I'm sure you'll get some more Buy, Buy, Buy action.
    If your friends reach out to him.

#68 3 years ago

This community is full of man-children lol. You ninnies.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

.....no thanks

You‘re basically a „Star„, so your life belongs to us for gossipping...

...just without the benefits of being stinking filthy rich.

Edit:
    I made my Hobby my Job: It‘s a trap!

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

He uploaded a cryptic message within the last hour and a Japanese 5 minute song and a piece of text that translates to "Buddha in hell". Its posted on soundcloud right now.

Does this count as a podcast for the people who bet on whether or not he'd do another one?

#71 3 years ago

I've noticed that whenever the topic of Kaneda comes up, for some reason Zach ends up taking some shrapnel .

I used to be a Zach basher but I've come to really enjoy and apprciate both shows.

As far as This American Pinball, I tried out a couple of shows and respectfully had to tap out.

#72 3 years ago

Meh... you can listen to my thoughts on him here, where I am just "telling it like it is." Basically it sucks what happened but F__k that guy...
    https://www.thisamericanpinball.com/podcast/episode-09

What kind of microphone do you have again?

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Maybe one day I can join him on an episode

And the pre 500th episode hype begins here???

#74 3 years ago

I really do hope Kenada comes back , really miss his podcast

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s probably you, I had to turn off this weeks episode , I fast forwarded two or three times, questioned what I was doing with my life and put on a JRE episode. I like you but keep it a pinball show, not the Zach show.

Don’t hate on Alexander Pinballton -

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What kind of microphone do you have again?

I figure you're being facetious, but if you'd really like to know feel free to PM me.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

This is why many don’t like my content. The Buy Buy Buy is a fun schtick I do to embrace being a dealer. Tongue n cheek.
    I’m legit just having fun on this thread with you all, and poking fun at Kaneda. Many of you salivate when listening to his shows so you should know he has a fondness for me and is a huge fan of my work. He and I have fun back and forth. I miss correcting his false reporting, but boy it’s been peaceful and more supportive in the community with him taking holiday. Maybe one day I can join him on an episode and help him learn how to properly annunciate “BUY BUY BUY!” and differentiate between rumors and incorrect info being told to him just to hear him report on it.

But is it fun Zach? Is... it???

You often react in knee jerk manner, then come back and laugh it off.

I imagine you're wearing a blonde wig tossing your hair and stamping your feet when insulted, then later arriving at the door with pizzas in a stack trying to get back on the pinhall dude couch, and find yourself in good graces.

#78 3 years ago

Soon to be taking pre orders for a “pick your podcaster” bash toy mod.
    Curious to see who will be my best seller

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Does this count as a podcast for the people who bet on whether or not he'd do another one?

That's a good question.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

100% honest, no joking:

I think Zach does a great job. With what he does with the community but in this case referring to „knee jerk“.

I made my hobby my job and when you‘re getting shit for something you‘re passionate about, invest a lot of time in AND do your personal living of you‘re bound to take everything personal.

So from that perspective he‘s still incredibly good of „shaking that off“ (at least from what we get to read/ hear/see) and plz. guys bear in mind that, when you shit at some people you’re shitting over their whole existence.

Again, that does not only go for Zach. That goes for K‘s Arcade, when you tell people to never buy from him because USPS musmanaged you import fees payment. That goes for Kaneda when you call his boss. Zombie Yeti when you call his work „Clown Puke“.

These are people.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don’t hate on Alexander Pinballton -

That’s exactly “when I turned off the podcast. If I liked hearing people sing I wouldn’t be listening to a Podcast on my radio. I chose Podcast over people that can actually sing.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I imagine you're wearing a blonde wig tossing your hair and stamping your feet when insulted, then later arriving at the door with pizzas in a stack trying to get back on the pinhall dude couch, and find yourself in good graces.

The battered wife of pinball

Ok that was too dark.

#83 3 years ago

Am I the only one that couldn’t care less what he’s doing, let alone “back?”

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yet, here you are....

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If you only knew hehehe....given your scenario, I’d definitely bring pizzas and smile as you all eat them

#86 3 years ago

Holy smokes... what a bunch of babies.

Zach, I appreciate your content. You guys have a very entertaining thing going. Thanks for all of the FREE entertainment!

#87 3 years ago

Who’s the hell is Kaneda?

#88 3 years ago

Pretty much yeah.

#89 3 years ago

Oh God.....just when you thought 2020 hit the shiters, now this.

#90 3 years ago

I was really hoping for a teaser somewhere hidden in the song, but I think it’s not there. It’s title is “omoide”, not “gigoku ni hotoke”. Yes it is featured in the opening of Midnight Diner, good find by I can’t remember right now.
    The lyrics are too lofty to be posted on this website, it would ruin my solid reputation as a high end commentator on these fine threads.
    The melody is that of

Or

In any event, gigoku in Hotoke is a phrase in Japan that can be looked up. It was apparently a song at the end of final fantasy xxl??
    So in my opinion, Kaneda made it to the final battle in final fantasy, or he’s watching the show on Netflix, or he’s trying to post a Japanese riddle to the listeners.

If it’s the later, the riddle needs adjusting. I would love to hear another show, but it is over. And I would guess that’s all he’s trying to say....

#91 3 years ago

I don’t need to see another guy wearing women’s jeans.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

rules (resized).pngrules (resized).png
    #93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Who said anything about the Dialed In theme/art?

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Who said anything about the Dialed In theme/art?

Touché

#95 3 years ago

I am continually baffled at people's incessant need to listen to random opinions via the pod casts.

You might as well ask 10 random people off the street for their opinions: in fact that would probably make for a far more fascinating show.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

Yet, here you are....

No, here I am, on pinside, where I’ve been for nearly a decade, where there’s a thread talking about a banned member that is a silver spoon fed brat.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

I am continually baffled at people's incessant need to listen to random opinions via the pod casts.
    You might as well ask 10 random people off the street for their opinions: in fact that would probably make for a far more fascinating show.

You‘re wrong in one thing:
    They‘re not „random“.

You get to know them and their personality. So you can relate to them and feel a connection.

Even if the connection only is „that guy’s a dork“.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

I don't listen for his opinions and am capable of forming them on my own. However I do listen because he talks about what is going on in the industry and what rumors are floating around. He also talks about hot topics on pinside which is nice since I am not always able to keep up with all the threads. I also don't need podcasts however it's a nice way to pass time when driving or working.

#99 3 years ago

No, here I am, on pinside, where I’ve been for nearly a decade, where there’s a thread talking about a banned member that is a silver spoon fed brat.

Silver spoon fed brat? How exactly is that the case?

#100 3 years ago

Kaneda has his flaws with his podcast, but it was the best pinball podcast to listen to. It's no accident he won those Twipys either.

I can't bring myself to tune into the others, I've tried a few, they just don't fill the bill.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-s-back/page/2?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.