Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stuieb84.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 3 years ago

Im really sad. I love listening to his show and the surprise schedule of podcast releases. He certainly is an unforgettable character in pinball.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet.
    Better him than me.

In many parts of the world it is a recession. Protecting your job and family is important. I respect Kaneda and the hard call he made, even if many don't share my view

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Someone fill in details here. What did he do or say that his employer would care about?

Product leaks, or drunk twippy acceptance stream?

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Jack danger posted something very similar to this on his facebook just earlier today, wonder if it's related at all??

Screenshot_20200626-074454_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200626-074454_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #127 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Blah blah blah. Episode 500 will be done. Mark my words. There’s no way he can give up his narcissistic supply.

Listening to Jack Danger on the deadflip stream now, it seems legit from what he is saying about Kaneda ending his podcast.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Is there some history/story between you two at some point, or just not a fan of his show?

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You all realize that he made a fake Fbook profile impersonating me to the extent or friending more people than I am even friends with.
    He also contacted my boss to out me for using social media while at work.
    If he really had this happen, it sucks but this is turn about it seems and he is a hypocrite.

Who is whysnow?

#276 3 years ago

Pure speculation here, but if it were either Zach Sharpe (from what I understand he works for a pr/marketing company outside of stern), or Stern then it would be really terrible for the hobby that the largest pinball company went to the employer of a hobbyist podcaster (which in term closed down the podcast).

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from Scandell:

There’s only one person I know who is petty and desperate enough to do this...
    Motive is there too...

Who???

#321 3 years ago

Kaneda provided entertainment for my gym session & work commute. He was an advocate for customers and provided a fresh take to the hobby.

I am thankful for his contribution to the hobby and hope he returns one day

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is ridiculous. Whomever did it is complete shit. This was the best pinball podcast and it wasn't even close.

Agreed

#493 3 years ago

His Facebook post does say "accused me of something horrible that was unfounded. 2 seperate accusers".

I could be wrong, but I believe him that someone did contact his work and it isn't just a hype to his 500th episode

#516 3 years ago

It looks like his Facebook page has been closed and at least 200 or so of his podcasts (approx the last 2 years worth) have been removed.

He made great content. I hope kaneda is doing ok

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

...umm, I very surprised I'm the first to mention this but Mr. Koulouris is a psychopath, in the absolute & fullest sense of the term. No, he is NOT a sociopath. No, it doesn't mean he murders women in the shower (you can thank Hitchcock for adulterating that term). Every podcast I've listened to-every one-is indicative of this. A few of you correctly called him a narcissist. Narcissism frequently co-morbids with something called BPD, or Borderline Personality Disorder. He is textbook. Frequently repeating his words in quick succession is a tip off. He does have that ingrained in his syntax. I swear to you, I stopped counting "passive/aggressive" in his last podcast after I heard it 25 times. The things he's done to other people (here and other places) shows his psychopathic nature.
    Please keep in mind that everything I've stated is MY OWN OPINION on the man. It's isn't fair or professional to diagnose someone without a 2-way interchange with them. However, if I was in practice (I'm not) and he were my patient, this would certainly be my diagnosis. My human pathos comes out for him as he's done quite a bit for the pinball community (as far as going after Stern and their terrible "quality measures") but man, are these people hard to treat. Medications are limited, and frankly they just don't work on BPD's. Do some research on the subject, I'm sure there's plenty on Google, and see how very similar he is to these conditions.

Whatever anyone thinks of Kanada, there are a lot of misconceptions in the above post, as BPD is a very serious condition. A really close family member of mine has it & it's really inappropriate to label a person with this condition, who isn't a treating psychologist working together a psychiatrist and general practitioner doctor treating the patient.

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yup, if you are going amateur diagnosis, at least go for NPD, not BPD.
    Or go back to Dr Google!
    Bet most people on here would go for a few beers with Kaneda and shoot some pinball.
    Forums and SM bring the worst out of people unfortunately.

Agreed with Shapeshifter & Dr Pin... although BPD can be difficult to treat, dialectical behaviour therapy combined with medication and psychologist counselling has made a profound improvement with my family member with the condition.

Irrespective of your views on Kaneda, please be respectful on this forum, rather than targeting/labelling mental health disorders via the internet. BPD and those diagnosed with the condition isn't something that should be made light of, or fun of.

Pinball is just a hobby at the end of the day

#848 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m not arguing about people shitting on me, whatever. But the continued argument that TPN is a paid advertisement is laughable and ignorant. TPN is comprised of tons of different podcasts and podcasters who bust their ass to inform and entertain. Chalking their work up as an advertisement when Flip N Out doesn’t advertise on their show is tacky and again, ignorant. Don’t listen to them if you don’t want, but people need to educate themselves a bit before throwing other people under the bus. Again, just my opinion. I love that people think they know how objective and unbiased Kaneda’s Podcast was.....smh..... he was entertaining I agree and I’ll miss some of that.

.....it may be a controversial view (in this thread at least), but I appreciate & respect both TPN podcasts & Kaneda podcast..... for whatever reason some people think that you can only enjoy one or the other.

Kaneda & Zach are both passionate for the hobby - they just express it in different ways

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stuieb84.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?tu=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.