Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#44 3 years ago

For those instantly going political with this....my guess would be this was Stern/Zach/Jared due to the TMNT leaks. To have one marketing guy relishing in destroying another marketing team’s launch isn’t a good look, and it wouldn’t shock me if they wanted it to never happen again.

Just a guess...but one that seems more plausible than “the libruhls got ‘em”.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Freedom of speech is dead

No it’s not. It just works both ways. Speech doesn’t just go out into a vacuum. Speech can have consequences. Hurt someone with speech, they have free speech to retort. Fans of free speech can’t just be fans of the free speech they like.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

The good news about cancel culture is that it eventually leads back to them or their kind and they have to eat their own. Pathetic loathsome people.

People act like ”cancel culture”is a recent & leftist thing. I seem to remember it starting when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against W. & the war...the right went insane and got them kicked off of country radio stations....or Colin Kaepernick, taking a knee...the so-called President threatened him & right-wing propaganda machine went after him and cost him his job. White Supremacists went after James Gunn & used old jokes to get him fired from Guardians of the Galaxy because they didn’t like his attacks on racists & sexists. I hope these people are included in the “pathetic loathsome people” you speak of.

#301 3 years ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I don't know anything about Kaneda, and I have no feelings toward him one way or the other. That being said, I've read this entire thread on Pinside and two threads on Facebook about this situation, and not ONE has had a comment explaining what the hell it was he said that was so objectionable. I find that strange to say the least.

He didn’t say “one” thing...he’s just a constant shit-stirrer in the hobby...and I say this as a friend & a guest on the show.

If we wanna play “who done it”, we have to examine motives. Who’s he pissed off?

-Stern generally hates him. He talks shit about their playfields, their BOM cost, he’s “ruined” 2 of their launches by releasing info & pics early, makes fun of Zach Sharpe, talks shit about Dwight, etc.

-Deep Root - he recently did a story about Barry Oursler’s blackface Halloween photo, and leaked a pic of their cabinet design until he had to take it down after DR threatened him.

-JJP - He was their guest of honor and got the Wonka VIP tour, only to turn on the game and shit on it...been talking lots of shit about Lawlor & all the JJP behind the scenes drama...teasing GnR with mini leaks.

...or, could it just have been some random hobbyist/listener who didn’t like something he said?

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

You should include Spooky and their janky machines being called out too.

He loves Spooky tho, cuz they talk to him & listen to his critiques. His only game is a Spooky. If we’re playing “Who Dunnit”, they have no motive.

#393 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Let us honor Kaneda by typing out regular words the way he said them. I will start:
    Because = Becooze

Flipper Buddin.

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I literally titled my head back and laughed out loud at this.

Game “council”.

#421 3 years ago

It's now a classic.

Tro.jpgTro.jpg
    #916 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

Been on there since 2007 man. Requires thick skin and its a different culture compared to other forums, but it has always been that way

What is it about Neo Geo that makes the collectors/scene so weird, toxic and brutal? Has anyone broken down the psychology behind it or how it got that way? It’s so bizarre.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.