Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Kaneda is in marketing and no one (no company) wants their brand to be associated with anything controversial, especially in marketing.
    So when it comes to pinball the hobby or job that pays the bills it’s an easy choice.
    Sad to see him go, haven’t listened to the podcast.
    But this is another example of cancel culture and it is wrong through and through.

I apologize because I haven't listened to the episode but what did he ever do or say that was actually controversial? Like real world controversial, not like "i don't like this pinball machine" controversial.
    I never got why people felt so passionately against him. He would stir the pot, but so does the flip n out guy (who actually profits off the industry) and I don't see the same level of hatred directed his way.

I also always here people talk about kaneda being mentally ill. I don't know if he is, but if he does suffer from mental illness SO WHAT? Lots of people do. Lots of people that have mental illness still have a lot to offer. I don't know how it is different than saying "don't listen to that guy's podcast, he has hypertension."
    He was what I call a dreamer. No machine was ever going to be good enough. He would always want more. That is why he is a marketing guy. We need people like that. Lots of people that worked with steve jobs thought he was unreasonably demanding, but we all benefited from his work.
    I myself am a numbers/logistics guy. So he and I look at the world very differently. I didn't agree with him much, but I never felt the need to silence him. It didn't even make my want to stop listening. I just occasionally acknowledged that he was "being a little extra" today (as my daughter would say) and continue listening. We NEED different types of people in this world. Not everyone has to agree with you to have your respect. Not everyone needs to want the same things out of this hobby.
    Jason Fowler raised thousands of dollars for charity through his contributions to this hobby and people trashed him until he quit. Kaneda had someone go to his employer and complain because of his opinions about the pinball hobby. None of this makes any sense to me. There are real problems to address in this world and none of them are related to pinball.
    Please don't try to get me fired for posting this

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

While its a coward move, it could have been karma. He had a bad rep before pinball. Plus, its only his side of the story.
    I get the loss for the pinball community, but Chris was no saint folks. Who knows what the truth is.

Ok, but here is the thing. There are lots of people in my life that I think make bad decisions, or that say things I don't agree with. But I don't wish that they get what us coming to them either. I personally haven't cared for several of my bosses over the course of my life, but i still genuinely wish the best for them. If a shitty thing happens to a guy that is a jerk, it is still a shame that something unfair or unjust happened and I still empathize.
    You say Kaneda was no saint. But neither am I. I would guess that neither are you. Does that mean we all deserve anything terrible that happens to us? I feel like we still should all want the best for each other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?tu=majicman110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.