Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1020 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Well, if your argument here is that deciding to be not racist (sexist, fill in your blank here, etc.) and not actively promote things that are might be looked back on in 20 years as a "mistake", I'm honestly not sure I can help you see how wild of a take that is.
    I think this thread goes to show that literally nothing goes "unchecked" in 2020 - just take a look at the downvotes I got from suggesting that admitting just because something was "fine" in the past, it's ok to know better today that maybe it was not fine and contributing to the problems we're now facing. The Fox News boomer crowd is convinced that yelling "cancel culture" helps to validate their racism (or use your fill in the blank from above here) and pretend like it's everyone else that's wrong for being "offended". The only people that would see "cancel culture" as a mistake are people who view it like this (well, and people who use the phrase "cancel culture" earnestly and think it's an actual insult and not some cringy Fox News old guy sound bite). Calling it "holding people accountable" and see if it helps?

I think a big problem with what we are witnessing with cancel culture is that it's hypocritical many times, and thinly veiled at best. There are real actual victims that are marginalized and drowned out by large swaths of fair-weather glory seekers looking to bolster their online profiles and social media standing, or those acting out of spite to get a rush of dopamine their typical likes don't provide.

Corporations bend to social pressure - everyone knows it, they are simply protecting their stock price and revenue - people who pressure with a multitude of others feel like they delivered justice when holding a corporation to the fire and the cycle continues. Friends accuse friends of being intolerant if they don't weigh in on a situation (even though most won't because they are in fear of if being used against them)

What's now happening is many times the same people who decry bullying, intolerance, injustice are actively showing that when aligned with other like-minded people they act no better and in some cases worse, ruining peoples lives to get their warped sense of mob justice. If we don't have an aligned sense of morality, a standard, there is no depth to which it can't sink because everyone has their own idea of what it should be. The internet allows for the inmates to run the asylum if you will.

We have no real statute of limitations on what is said - this essentially conveys the message that no one can change or grow as a person. Yes if you post something terrible you must take accountability but who is the arbiter of when a person has learned a lesson or grown? Will the employee background check assess an individual's growth before it casts them to the no hire pile? Especially in today's difficult job market? I liken it to a person released from prison, they are rehabilitated but will never really get a chance to thrive.

Speaking of thriving, The media and political agendas literally thrive on the situation right now, further dividing the gap between people who actually think both sides are somehow different when they are really the same - our best interests are not represented, it's simply the methods in which they go about staying in relevance/power.

What we need are people to start taking accountability for their own actions, not blame someone or something else all the time - understand that people have different views and that discussion can still be had (not that you're immediately an enemy). True racism and injustice is abhorrent, but blanket stereotyping and carelessly attributing these labels can be dangerous, especially if it's done out of spite to target someone.

If you can't afford something don't buy it - there is no "best life" someone will have to pay eventually, don't believe the lies the media promise your life can be
    If you can't be there for your children - don't have them, don't leave them to be raised by the system who never gave a damn
    If you don't agree with someone - it's ok -it happens, the best things to have come about in this world are from a diverse people with different world views converging - don't just dismiss them, unfriend them, cancel them try to understand them first.
    Do onto others as you would have done to you (how did we forget this)

In the end we have a multitude of people who are angry all around - and it's justified in many cases (there is a long terrible history to point to) - but it feels like we are setting ourselves back in the middle of a pandemic, at one of our most vulnerable times as a species on this earth - we need to align and look forward knowing what our mistakes were, that's what history is for - not to be wiped away because its embarrassing.

Lastly,
    Kaneda is a perfect example of a narcissist, often forgetting and saying the exact opposite of what he spewed the podcast before it. I can appreciate he provided entertainment for people, but i'd bet it wasn't for their benefit. I don't wish bad things for the guy though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?tu=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.