Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#714 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

OK....Chris will not do another Podcast for at least 2 months. It's a bet!

I hope so. He leaves a void that I'm hoping others will fill. I've listened to the other pinball podcasts and frankly I haven't found one that I like yet... too much banter, too little critical thought, too few suggestions for improvement of the hobby, etc. etc. My prior favorite was probably SDTM reviews or this-or-that discussions, but those are few and far between now.

Could someone suggest the next 'closest to Kaneda's podcast' I should check out? I want to listen to someone challenging the hobby to improve, informs about things to avoid, honest about the good and bad, and keeps an eye on the prize -- a world under glass!

#725 3 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Well, whatever you think, he's still in the head of Pinside... I don't listen to any podcasts. Around five minutes in, I get bored and go to an audiobook. I'd rather hear from some experts in design, like Keith Elwin, or from someone who can give a bigger view of the industry, like Roger Sharpe. Or Ted Estes. Or you name it. The world of self declared experts, this cult of personality, is extremely boring.

As you say, I'd love to see REAL experts in the industry discuss playfield challenges, design challenges, mistakes made, mistakes corrected.... But these employees and companies are unwilling to have an open, honest discussion about anything that isn't happy happy joy joy. I think the new JJP podcast has started fairly well, but it is what it is...ad-media...

I'm not seeking complaints or whining, but we need an honest consumer voice in this hobby (that will actually be heard). I appreciate that few things in life are perfect and they way you improve is by identifying the problems so that you can fix them. I'm unsatisfied with the status quo and it feels like things are going in the wrong direction. I want more for less, not the other way around.

#947 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I guess there's a skill in wasting people's time without making it too obvious.

Entertainment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?tu=Reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.