Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
    #1 3 years ago

Such a Shame. Just heard kanedas last podcast and claimed someone came after his job.i really enjoy his opinions on this great hobby. I know some dislike his narcissistic nature but c'mon man it's a free country.

#2 3 years ago

Whatever the reason, good riddens!

#3 3 years ago

new twippy winner next year will be?

#4 3 years ago

Unreal. He was a jerk at times but seems to have matured lately, it’s beyond me that someone would escalate it to this extent.

#5 3 years ago

As the pinball world turns...What happened for those of us that do not listen to his cast?

#6 3 years ago

Breaks my fucking heart.

#7 3 years ago

nothing on his facebook yet and I havent listened. I dont like everything he says and he pisses me off sometimes but I enjoy listening. And he does seem to get some good info ahead of time. I do think its a mistake to mention where you work like he does when online. Im on a few sales forums and give advice to people searching for jobs like mine, but Ill never reveal where I work.

As for someone going to his workplace to fuck with him thats just out of line. Hes right in that if companies dont want leaks they should do better on their releases. Watermark materials so you know who leaked them. Overall Id say its a loss to the pinball community though I know many will take this as a win.

#8 3 years ago

Just listened and that is really shitty. I feel bad for him.

Whomever went to his company is truly a piece of sh*t

#9 3 years ago

I listened to episode 499. I didn’t always agree with Chris, but I found it to be an interesting and entertaining podcast.

#10 3 years ago

So, who went to his employers??

#11 3 years ago

Awww man I really enjoyed those pod casts was the only one I listened too (and silver ball chronicles that show fucking rules!!)

Did not make it to 500

#12 3 years ago

who ever contacted this mans boss and complained about who knows what, and you are reading this, you are a GIANT pussy.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from gblack:

Just tried to go to his soundcloud link and it said it was against community standards.

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-499-kanedas-pinball-podcast

this worked for me

#14 3 years ago

Why would someone go to his employer? What did they say or do? Did Kaneda piss this person off enough to do something like this? Trust me, I'm no fan of Kaneda or his mental illness issues, but if that were me I'd have a serious beat down with whoever did this...

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

who ever contacted this mans boss and complained about who knows what, and you are reading this, you are a GIANT pussy.

Who snitched last time?

#16 3 years ago

That sucks always enjoyed listening to his podcast. He was at least entertaining could use his podcast to pass the time.

#17 3 years ago

Jack danger posted something very similar to this on his facebook just earlier today, wonder if it's related at all??

#18 3 years ago

This is going to be the new normal now that activists have become so powerful and out of control, especially in the USA. If someone doesn't like what you say or don't agree with you, they'll try to get you fired from your job or do anything to ruin your life.

2020 sure has been a hellish year, and it's only halfway over!

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Bet it was a liberal. Ever since the great podcast merge, I’ve stopped listening to all of the other podcasts. Now I have none.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Whatever the reason, good riddens!

"riddance"

#21 3 years ago

Im really sad. I love listening to his show and the surprise schedule of podcast releases. He certainly is an unforgettable character in pinball.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

This is going to be the new normal now that activists have become so powerful and out of control, especially in the USA. If someone doesn't like what you say or don't agree with you, they'll try to get you fired from your job or do anything to ruin your life.
    2020 sure has been a hellish year, and it's only halfway over!

this is so true now on so many levels - the tail wagging the dog or the vocal minority shutting up the passive majority - Kaneda was brash and over the top on lots of things but that's what made his podcast great and he did get the inside scoop on a lot of things - whomever did go to his employer as others have said is really a piece of work and if found out, who knows, maybe they will find the other shoe up their ass doesn't feel all that good. I am thinking Cary Hardy could be a good fill in as he seams to tell it like it is and is not beholding to the pinball companies like our other notable podcast shill

#23 3 years ago

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet on your own time. And then fold when they do.

Better him than me.

#24 3 years ago

He'll be back

No doubt

#25 3 years ago

The only "safe" way someone could do a podcast without getting fired is if they either 1) worked for themselves as self-employed or 2) worked for a business or company that isn't so spineless to cave to someone complaining.

Then again, I'm sure if someone was crazy enough they could complain to Soundcloud or wherever the podcast is being hosted to get them removed for "hateful content" or whatever stupid bs they would claim.

I really hope more people become aware of this sort of thing, because this is how freedom of expression and speech gets eroded.

#26 3 years ago

It’s a shame. It’s a shame that social media has that much power. I’m sorry to see you go Chris. Didn’t always agree with everything g you said but man I loved listening.

To the person or people who went to your employer, what a bitch move. I’m a big believer in karma, so get ready for bad vibes headed your way. Fuckers!!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Did not make it to 500

We'll see. Lots of people "quit" pinside too.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet.
    Better him than me.

In many parts of the world it is a recession. Protecting your job and family is important. I respect Kaneda and the hard call he made, even if many don't share my view

#29 3 years ago

Yea I hit the link from his FB. It was a FB link issue. Then went directly and it worked.

#30 3 years ago

What could the complaint possibly have been?
    "You need to fire this guy. He annoys lots of pinball people."
    How does that hold any threat to his employer?

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet. And then fold when they do.
    Better him than me.

Most companies do this. Nothing new.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

In many parts of the world it is a recession. Protecting your job and family is important.

Yours maybe, but not mine.

I have my standards of who I work for, and you have yours.

If a boss is a dick or tries to control what I do in my free time, he can pound sand as far as I am concerned.

#33 3 years ago

Someone fill in details here. What did he do or say that his employer would care about?

#34 3 years ago

the thing we all have to keep in mind is that these days your considered guilty as soon as someone makes any kind of accusation. This is corporate political correctness taken to the max and abused and used by the minority of subversives that know how to use social media to there advantage. Its obvious someone or company took exception to Kaneda's viewpoint and freedom of speech and took the underhanded steps to shut him down. Scumbag move

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Someone fill in details here. What did he do or say that his employer would care about?

Product leaks, or drunk twippy acceptance stream?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

the thing we all have to keep in mind is that these days your considered guilty as soon as someone makes any kind of accusation. This is corporate political correctness taken to the max and abused and used by the minority of subversives that now how to use social media to there advantage. Its obvious someone or company took exception to Kaneda's viewpoint and freedom of speech and took the underhanded steps to shut him down. Scumbag move

Or Kaneda, being Kaneda, made the whole thing up.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

Bet it was a liberal. Ever since the great podcast merge, I’ve stopped listening to all of the other podcasts. Now I have none.

You had better be careful, if you even mention liberal or leftist in a post, even though it is a sickness and not political, you are running the risk of dismissal!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from gblack:

Most companies do this. Nothing new.

I imagine you really have to swallow your pride to work for any of them. Kinda like going around in life neutered.

#40 3 years ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was BS. More attention K’s way for free, and he gets to ride the backlash against “cancel culture” of the moment.

Then again, he does work in advertisement and it could be a policy. It’s no secret where he works, was published in the story about his breakup he posted here. I worked at a sister company owned by the same conglomerate that K did and they made me sign away a lot of my creative freedom if I was doing work in the same industry. K likely couldn’t have a job at his current employer and say, also work for a radio station. Podcast could be construed as similar.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

I’ll take a ban out of this one, sorry for the annoyance mods.

Kaneda seemed cool enough - never really listened.

Probably was some sort of advocate. Who goes after someone’s job? Even if he was spouting racist or sexist shit - which, I don’t know that he was. I have no idea what happened.

#42 3 years ago

Kaneda is in marketing and no one (no company) wants their brand to be associated with anything controversial, especially in marketing.

So when it comes to pinball the hobby or job that pays the bills it’s an easy choice.

Sad to see him go, haven’t listened to the podcast.

But this is another example of cancel culture and it is wrong through and through.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

. I worked at a sister company owned by the same conglomerate that K did and they made me sign away a lot of my creative freedom if I was doing work in the same industry. K likely couldn’t have a job at his current employer and say, also work for a radio station. Podcast could be construed as similar.

This seems much more likely. No podcast/broadcast allowed at all, not content based banning.

#44 3 years ago

For those instantly going political with this....my guess would be this was Stern/Zach/Jared due to the TMNT leaks. To have one marketing guy relishing in destroying another marketing team’s launch isn’t a good look, and it wouldn’t shock me if they wanted it to never happen again.

Just a guess...but one that seems more plausible than “the libruhls got ‘em”.

#45 3 years ago

Freedom of speech is dead. Kaneda, as I am sure you are reading these, thank you for keeping me entertained on my runs. I know some people hate on you, but I enjoyed the shows. Thank you for making so many random internet strangers lives just a little bit better.

#46 3 years ago

Lame. Came to enjoy his content, especially for the outspokenness of it (among other things). It got too personal sometimes and I guess that backfired but still going to miss those Pinside babies episodes. Guessing he'll be back in one form or another though eventually.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

So when it comes to pinball the hobby or job that pays the bills it’s an easy choice.

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
    #48 3 years ago

Damnit. What a shame.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Freedom of speech is dead

No it’s not. It just works both ways. Speech doesn’t just go out into a vacuum. Speech can have consequences. Hurt someone with speech, they have free speech to retort. Fans of free speech can’t just be fans of the free speech they like.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I imagine you really have to swallow your pride to work for any of them. Kinda like going around in life neutered.

What is going around in life neutered like?

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.