Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Let us honor Kaneda by typing out regular words the way he said them. I will start:
    Because = Becooze

You should do a podcast to honor him so we can see how much better you articulate.

#402 3 years ago

The reality is that I liked his podcast and in my mind he is:
    Anton-Ego-from-Ratatouille (resized).jpgAnton-Ego-from-Ratatouille (resized).jpg

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

And for the record - I am almost certain it was Stern. What a bunch of assholes if so.

I'm just curious why you think it's Stern. They've certainly made some dumb moves and have taken steps that certainly seem petty, but complaining to his employer could be tortious interference with a business relationship. I would hope an entity that size would have enough sense to avoid liability just to punch down.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

You should do a podcast to honor him so we can see how much better you articulate.

It's not worth collecting the weirdo groupies.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I honest to god am thinking about it.

It's not his articulation that I found amusing, but his New York accent combined with a close proximity to an Irish wife that I feel made his speech a little odd to my midwestern ears.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

He should interview Gary from RGP Radio for his 500th podcast. That would be amazing.

Sure, throw in ff too and you're 75% of the way to the apocalypse.

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, and now plz look at that little flag again.

LOL - my apologies for trying to lump you in with our cousins to the south - at least I know our German friends have a level head on their shoulders

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm just curious why you think it's Stern.

They clearly have motive and it was likely lead by Zach. I don't see them denying it

#409 3 years ago

Alright, so I keep seeing people say that Chris' employer MADE him quit podcasting. And I see people carrying on about cancel culture. If you listened to his last episode, that's not what happened at all.

It seems that someone contacted the advertising agency that Chris works for, and it seems like this person sent the agency unflattering clips or links from his various podcasts and livestreams. I'm sure they also wrote a lot of not-nice things about him, and who knows what else. Since Chris works in marketing, and has business clients (some of which he has actually named), it would be possible for a bad actor to create embarrassing situations for Chris and his agency.

And the thing is, if you've ever seen one of Chris' drunken livestreams, he can get a bit crazy and very non-pc. Most of his worst, and also funniest, livestreams were never saved as VODs, but someone could have screen-captured them. Plus, I'm sure between all his podcasts, and the VODs that he did leave up, you could compile an unflattering hit video.

Chris voluntarily decided to end his podcast and livestreams, because he felt that it was the only way to guarantee that someone wouldn't continue to create embarrassing PR problems for him, his agency, or his clients. So this wasn't a case of his company not supporting him, this was a case of Chris/Kaneda essentially being blackmailed/threatened by someone. And in this case, it was a no-brainer for him to give into the blackmail. As his job security, especially during an economic downturn in his industry, was far more important to him than continuing to podcast.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

LOL - my apologies for trying to lump you in with our cousins to the south - at least I know our German friends have a level head on their shoulders

Some. Idiots are everywhere. Don't generalize (although it's fun)!

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Let us honor Kaneda by typing out regular words the way he said them. I will start:
    Because = Becooze

Ruin = rune

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

It is but at the present as you guys like to say "USA,USA were # 1"

Will concede maple syrup and poutine to CA - and maybe hockey.

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

And for the record - I am almost certain it was Stern. What a bunch of assholes if so.

I’m almost certain it was Chris.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

You could do it as Rambo. Might be better then some above average pinball podcasts.

#415 3 years ago

On the bright side....no more DrFrightner episodes!

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Some. Idiots are everywhere. Don't generalize (although it's fun)!

Yes EH - we have lots here as well but it is kind of fun to knock the top dogs off their posts once in awhile

On another note - if Kaneda wins a Twippy, I wonder how that acceptance speech will go, or will he be neutered at that as well by corporate correctness run amok

#417 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Yes EH - don't take away our Maple Syrup and as for hockey most of the Canadian teams suck these days so we have to cede that to our American cousins. I was in diapers the last time the Leafs won the cup and may be in diapers again before they win another

#418 3 years ago

Just curious...for the Kaneda fans who are certain that Stern or someone affiliated with them went to K's employer, are you canceling your TMNT order? Or any other new Stern order? Or are you guys just going to shake your fist at them?

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes EH - we have lots here as well but it is kind of fun to knock the top dogs off their posts once in awhile

I konow, I know, but I'm afraid someone tells my boss, so I'd never say that out loud!

Quoted from zpinman370:

On another note - if Kaneda wins a Twippy, I wonder how that acceptance speech will go, or will he be neutered at that as well by corporate correctness run amok

He can't be hold responsible for winnig, so all votes to him!

That acceptance speech should better be not like the video last time, but you still could be snarky without actually trolling someone in particular.

"Look, I'm not even doing a Podcast anymore and I'm still winning!!!"

#420 3 years ago
    assholes just a pinch (resized).jpgassholes just a pinch (resized).jpg
    #421 3 years ago

It's now a classic.

Tro.jpgTro.jpg
    #422 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Tell them how wrong it is of them to threaten an employee over their hobby podcast

The thing is... they didn't.

Why do people get all hot about stuff before they even know the facts of the matter?

#423 3 years ago

This is great publicity for Chris. And he absolutely said that you might get more pinball media again from him someday. So he did leave the door open for a grand return. I bet we'll hear from him again when the GNR pin comes out.

#424 3 years ago

Albeit = AL-be it

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

You are so far off, i´m amazed you doesnt even consider to realize it.
    Do you honestly want your employer or anybody with influense or power to dictate how you live your life 24/7?

Would you hire Stalin to be your gardener?

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Would you hire Stalin to be your gardener?

You've seen the mustache, right? My shrubs would look amazing.

#427 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Don't forget basketball, oh, and that whole getting 'merica to moon thing.

#428 3 years ago

I'm just sitting back eating popcorn this is ten times better than any show on netflix!!! Then I'll break out another bag of popcorn when he comes back when Guns N Roses releases. Maybe we'll get 10 more pages of posts. This guy has proven once again he can be the center of conversation whenever he wants. He's the master I guess. Can we start the countdown clock until he comes back for episode 500? If his work REALLY told him to stop why didn't he take down this website? https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

If there is something so problematic for his company why is his website still up, why did he say he's still going to do pinball live streams on facebook? What is the difference doing a show thru facebook or soundcloud? C'mon there isn't one. He's still claiming he's going to do pinball shows of some kind thru facebook which means no one from his work informed him not to do more shows. People who work with him would learn about new shows faster from facebook then soundcloud.

Why did he say you NEVER KNOW if he'll do another podcast? C'mon hello he's just screwing with you people. Yeah someone called his work and yeah he probably had a sit down with HR... he's talking about PINBALL. Why would his HR dept CARE?

Unless he did something or said something to offend a CURRENT client of his CURRENT JOB... which clearly he didn't otherwise he would have REMOVED that podcast then this is an attempt to make the pinball world about him once again.

He will be back lets bet on that... that podcast will be all about how horrible it was that someone did that to him, he's now got everything ironed out at work, they totally support him and he's BACK! How many days until that happens how many? This guy can't resist being the center of attention and he never will!

And BTW the pinball community is actually better with him doing his podcast than not... you may not agree with him but at least he's something totally different.

#429 3 years ago

Do people really still say this?

Figured this one kind of went the way of “eat shit and die” or “sit on it and spin”...

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

What happened to Kaneda is happening everywhere.

Except ... nothing happened to him.

He said his employer supported him. His employer didn't threaten him. His employer didn't impose anything against him.

They simply pointed out to him that this is a liability - a means for people to try to hurt him if they wanted to.

If he didn't have behavior to worry about looking bad on him - he wouldn't have anything to worry about. In reality, he does... and he supposedly wanted to avoid that risk of his behavior reflecting back in his profession.

Honestly such concerns should have checked him long ago... it just took a conversation to make it clear to him I guess.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

He should interview Gary from RGP Radio for his 500th podcast. That would be amazing.

99% of his followers have no clue about that trainwreck... they think he invented this schtick Hell, they don't even know all his own problems, how can you expect them to be aware of those that came before him?

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

No. How is expressing a negative opinion as a independent person about a company or product going after someone’s job!?

You need to get informed on what he's actually done.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Does he realize that is the same thing? What an idiot.

You could make a 500 episode podcast series of him just arguing against himself if you clipped it together.

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Do people really still say this?
    Figured this one kind of went the way of “eat shit and die” or “sit on it and spin”...

“Rot in hell” gets the point across nicely IMHO.

#435 3 years ago

GOSH...I remember when K first started by ripping off some poor kid regarding a Fix it Felix cabinet on KLOV. That gave K a feeling for attention and soon after he became a bully with arcades and pinballs. I may not believe in what K has to say, but in America he has a right to say it and I’m willing to die for his rights to express himself, even if it makes him a bully.
    *This whole situation just shows me that there are always bigger bullies out there that can take out guys like K.*
    6A6D0B47-1994-49E2-8B03-5E16826FE9F2.gif6A6D0B47-1994-49E2-8B03-5E16826FE9F2.gif

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

It's not his articulation that I found amusing, but his New York accent combined with a close proximity to an Irish wife that I feel made his speech a little odd to my midwestern ears.

It was more about the self proclaimed expert and champion of the hobby... who he himself didn't actually know anything about it and when he tried to talk about what he read he didn't know how it was pronounced... because he honestly didn't know.

That's the sad thing about all these 'someone we trust...' comments, etc... the credibility of his views was created him him alone. I guess people are so bothered by all the other shills out there they'll flock to anything that sounds good and is entertaining?

People literally cared more about the sugar high.. than the actual credibility behind it.

I guess it's the same reason Fox News is so popular...

#437 3 years ago

I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd that he's not done. Kaneda is fairly consistent at backing out on his word.

#438 3 years ago

My guess:

1) Someone DID try and "cancel" him by contacting his business.

2) They laughed it off. (businesses only care if you're sexist or racist)

3) Chris made the story up (if HR did have an issue I doubt he could speak of it publically)

4) He will have a GOTCHA episode and reveal who it was that tried to cancel him.

5) His intended backlash against that company or individual will be muted by the backlash against his hoax.

#439 3 years ago

I liked the guy...I only listened a few times, but he was pretty good!

He'll be back at some point.....

#440 3 years ago

I always appreciated the leaks from Kaneda, but this was never going to end any other way.

He’s in marketing and his hobby is ruining marketing launches.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It was more about the self proclaimed expert and champion of the hobby... who he himself didn't actually know anything about it and when he tried to talk about what he read he didn't know how it was pronounced... because he honestly didn't know.

Exactly like the other current podcasters. One guy, who proclaimed his restoration skills to be so great on a video... Only to see it was basically his first time using a buffer and he had to drive to a friends house to get rivets put into a target. Yet he acts as if he's been doing this for ever.

Don't get me started on the other guys.

Quoted from benheck:

My guess:
    1) Someone DID try and "cancel" him by contacting his business.
    2) They laughed it off. (businesses only care if you're sexist or racist)
    3) Chris made the story up (if HR did have an issue I doubt he could speak of it publically)
    4) He will have a GOTCHA episode and reveal who it was that tried to cancel him.
    5) His intended backlash against that company or individual will be muted by the backlash against his hoax.

This sounds accurate.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Exactly like the other current podcasters. One guy, who proclaimed his restoration skills to be so great on a video... Only to see it was basically his first time using a buffer and he had to drive to a friends house to get rivets put into a target. Yet he acts as if he's been doing this for ever.
    Don't get me started on the other guys.

This sounds accurate.

Damn, you're throwing a lot of shade at Cary Hardy. I mean he can take apart a playfield, clear coat it, and put it back together completely from scratch. That takes skill and experience, and it's more than 95% of the people in the hobby can do. But I'm glad you're in that top 5% that does have those skills, and the space to practice them. Have you made any videos on your restorations?

Also, I don't remember Cary ever saying how great he was, but I do remember seeing how great his finished restoration projects look. I'd love to own his LAH, SOF, or HSII.

#443 3 years ago

Regardless of whether he's done podcasting or not (spoiler alert, he's not), his legacy will forever be as a guy who lost a fiance over his desire to have arcade games in a small NYC apartment.

#444 3 years ago

Now that Kaneda is gone maybe Cary will step up to the plate being he is not on TPN and is way more subjective than the other guys and main shill who will never criticize any of the manufacturers - you know Buy, Buy, Buy

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Now that Kaneda is gone maybe Cary will step up to the plate being he is not on TPN and is way more subjective than the other guys and main shill who will never criticize any of the manufacturers - you know Buy, Buy, Buy

His stuff is so good, really the only guy I look forward too, I still watch the other guys stuff but don't get excited for it.

#446 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

This is a rip off of The Far Side.

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Now that Kaneda is gone

Anyone who thinks Kaneda is gone is dreaming.

#448 3 years ago

I feel almost star struck that this this thread became so big .but on a side note who's excited for these new games coming out.im torn between guns n roses and led zeppelin. But I have never owned a jersey jack and really would like a gnr

#449 3 years ago

I personally think Otaku should have a podcast. I'll give you all a moment to imagine how entertaining that could be.

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from jds_:

Regardless of whether he's done podcasting or not (spoiler alert, he's not), his legacy will forever be as a guy who lost a fiance over his desire to have arcade games in a small NYC apartment.

Legacy? Naw, not over that story. I would say he upgraded in the wife
    department. He went from a stern pro to a JJP CE.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/9?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.