Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.
    #251 3 years ago

Why are you doing this? You're smearing with innuendo and association with zero proof.
    We can connect the dots of who you're referring to and I think there are several innocent people there. Another Pinside witch hunt? Have you considered the personal damage this could cause?

#252 3 years ago

I don't know anything about Kaneda, and I have no feelings toward him one way or the other. That being said, I've read this entire thread on Pinside and two threads on Facebook about this situation, and not ONE has had a comment explaining what the hell it was he said that was so objectionable. I find that strange to say the least.

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Is Aurich, Zach Sharpe, because be specifically said it wasnt Aurich.

Anyone who has played pinball with me can confirm I'm definitely not Zach Sharpe.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Why are you doing this?

Isn't that what a "right hand man" does?

Personally, I prefer my own right hand.

#255 3 years ago

No, the lack of QC drove me away

Quoted from davebart5:

This makes the most sense.

On a FB page, one person has a pretty detailed post regarding K man doxxing him regarding his non-work related internet usage while at work.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I don't know anything about Kaneda, and I have no feelings toward him one way or the other. That being said, I've read this entire thread on Pinside and two threads on Facebook about this situation, and not ONE has had a comment explaining what the hell it was he said that was so objectionable. I find that strange to say the least.

I mean, he leaked a lot of info that pissed off stern. Knowing full well he wasn't supposed to. But honestly I'm unsure what the actual smoking gun was.

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

If it came to light that Stern was behind this would it have any impact on you buying from them in the future?

Yes.
    Half the people would by less, the other half would buy more.

#258 3 years ago

Every time I hear these 2 words I feel like I need a shower

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Anyways, one day I get a text telling me that Chris said on his show the night before that he would offer Andrew Heighway $10,000 to fire me from Alien and hire someone else. I'm paraphrasing from memory here, but that was the gist.

So the threat he made against you was supposedly on a podcast? Did he ever reach out to Andrew directly and try to get you fired? I honestly was expecting much worse and figured he contacted your employer directly. If anything it sounds like a joke and does anyone seriously think he would pay 10K to get you fired? I highly doubt Andrew even listens to his show. Was Alien your day to day job or something you were working on the side?

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You all realize that he made a fake Fbook profile impersonating me to the extent or friending more people than I am even friends with.

He also contacted my boss to out me for using social media while at work.

Quoted from Aurich:

We butted heads after he tried to have me fired, he crossed that line first. I wasn't having his shit once he made it that kind of personal. It was squashed years ago in person at Expo, we haven't interacted since.

holy shit

EDIT: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda
    WTF

#261 3 years ago

If he was out of line then why not go after him in civil court rather than attack his employment. At least a legal action would be public information. I don’t recall him referencing his employer directly in his podcasts, and he is not employed as a “public figure.” Fair for companies to prohibit employees from disparaging them or doing anything illegal or unethical outside work, but how is his podcast different than other freedom of press? The NYT, WP and plenty of other news outlets leak confidential info and even national security secrets, and express controversial opinions everyday. Going after his employment for sharing information provided to him or expressing his personal opinions is a dick move no matter how you cut it.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

What do you mean? He gets all his clicks from saying things that piss people off. Listen to his podcasts, watch the drunken FB live videos. It’s pretty easy to see why lots of people don’t like him.

Does all that warrant his job being called by one of these people? Nope.

The most recent thing to be publicized here that he has done to piss a lot of people off is right here. Remember. This was LONG after he had done lots of other things that got him banned from here and lots of other online forums.

So what was the last straw for any of these people his pissed off over the years? Who knows, but they had plenty to choose from.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Why are you doing this? You're smearing with innuendo and association with zero proof.
    We can connect the dots of who you're referring to and I think there are several innocent people there. Another Pinside witch hunt? Why are any of you doing this? Have you considered the personal damage this could cause?

Haven’t smeared anyone.

Good information coming in! Keep it coming!

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

If he was out of line then why not go after him in civil court

Has he insulted deeproot yet?

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pretty sure he called those Cosmic Carnival guys bosses and said they were making a horrible pinball machine on company time

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I think it may be because a bunch of people jumped to the wrong conclusion and think it's because of something he said. It's much more likely it's because of something he did.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, he leaked a lot of info that pissed off stern. Knowing full well he wasn't supposed to. But honestly I'm unsure what the actual smoking gun was.

Yeah, that's the thing. If that's all that happened, I don't really see why an employer would care, unless he signed an NDA or something. Even still, if my boss found out I had leaked some information about a pinball machine, I wouldn't exactly be quaking in my boots. What's throwing me is that many people are taking the attitude of "that's LIBERAL CANCEL CULTURE for you," which suggests to me that he said something heinous and his supporters aren't willing to directly quote it. But again, I have no idea. This is all really confusing.

#268 3 years ago

Best news I've heard in a while !!

Really enough is enough with this guy, that has been banned a loong time ago but never really left and used his podcast to spout off and or cry himself a river.

He has made his own bed several times the same way.

Here is hoping Robin gives those folks a special pinside achievement!!

Better days on the way!

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean? He gets all his clicks from saying things that piss people off. Listen to his podcasts, watch the drunken FB live videos. It’s pretty easy to see why lots of people don’t like him.
    Does all that warrant his job being called by one of these people? Nope.
    The most recent thing to be publicized here that he has done to piss a lot of people off is right here. Remember. This was LONG after he had done lots of other things that got him banned from here and lots of other online forums.
    So what was the last straw for any of these people his pissed off over the years? Who knows, but they had plenty to choose from.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

I suppose what's throwing me is that it seems like there's a very recent smoking gun that no one is directly identifying, rather than this being the culmination of incidents spanning multiple years. I'll readily admit I know very little about the situation except what I've read in a handful of threads, so if he got reprimanded because someone told his boss about something he did two years ago, then I stand corrected.

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Really enough is enough with this guy,

Perhaps, in 20 years or so, he will reappear and it will be just like it never ended.

download (3) (resized).jpegdownload (3) (resized).jpeg
    #271 3 years ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I suppose what's throwing me is that it seems like there's a very recent smoking gun that no one is directly identifying...

I don;t think it is. I think you're missing the fact maybe his boss was just alerted to his antics and found out aboot them?
    Or maybe it was a recent leaking of TMNT pics
    Or a mixture of both?

No idea

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Best news I've heard in a while !!
    Really enough is enough with this guy, that has been banned a loong time ago but never really left and used his podcast to spout off and or cry himself a river.
    He has made his own bed several times the same way.
    Here is hoping Robin gives those folks a special pinside achievement!!
    Better days on the way!

What other news or opinion outlets do you want to ban because you don't agree with their views or style? Just don't listen - plenty of other choices.

#273 3 years ago

Kaneda is a classic case of "he's his own worst enemy".

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Anyone who has played pinball with me can confirm I'm definitely not Zach Sharpe.

our Spartacus moment:
    I am also not Zach Sharpe!

#275 3 years ago

I think it's more likely his boss found out he had a bunch of weirdo pinball groupies and didn't want his business connected with them?

#276 3 years ago

Pure speculation here, but if it were either Zach Sharpe (from what I understand he works for a pr/marketing company outside of stern), or Stern then it would be really terrible for the hobby that the largest pinball company went to the employer of a hobbyist podcaster (which in term closed down the podcast).

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otto110:

He'll be back
    No doubt

Quoted from Richthofen:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was BS. More attention K’s way for free, and he gets to ride the backlash against “cancel culture” of the moment.
    Then again, he does work in advertisement and it could be a policy. It’s no secret where he works, was published in the story about his breakup he posted here. I worked at a sister company owned by the same conglomerate that K did and they made me sign away a lot of my creative freedom if I was doing work in the same industry. K likely couldn’t have a job at his current employer and say, also work for a radio station. Podcast could be construed as similar.

Zero chance this was a work.

Why would he lie and piss off HR at his company?

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Spartacus moment:

Great achievement title I like it!

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

If he was out of line then why not go after him in civil court rather than attack his employment. At least a legal action would be public information. I don’t recall him referencing his employer directly in his podcasts, and he is not employed as a “public figure.” Fair for companies to prohibit employees from disparaging them or doing anything illegal or unethical outside work, but how is his podcast different than other freedom of press? The NYT, WP and plenty of other news outlets leak confidential info and even national security secrets, and express controversial opinions everyday. Going after his employment for sharing information provided to him or expressing his personal opinions is a dick move no matter how you cut it.

That takes time and money. Turnabout is fair play and much easier/direct. Karma.

#280 3 years ago

If he likes attention, he sure is getting some today!

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Exactly, fan the flames, fanboys!

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Indeed, I'm sure this thread is prime fap material for his ego.

#283 3 years ago

Dr Phil once said that he can blow in ears for days or did I dream that?

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

That takes time and money. Turnabout is fair play and much easier/direct. Karma.

Yes, but still a dick move.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I definitely did not just figure this out today, nor do I defend kaneda in any way. I'm just saying that no one should lose their job over what they say in their private lives.

Unless that person tried to do the same to others, like K did. Live by he sword, die by the sword, or karma is a bitch.. K got his. I personally love cancel culture. Recently woke racists like Kimmel cannot hide..

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Bummer, we will never know!

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I am currently self employed so don’t have to worry about this sort of thing anymore. Pretty much done with corporate America.
    That said, before becoming self employed I worked several years in the corporate sector. Many corporate jobs make you sign an employment agreement. In that employment agreement there is often a code of conduct that you agree to.
    I’m not saying this is the case here, but in these cases you have to be careful what you post on social media or any other public place. Right or wrong it’s the employers prerogative, especially if you signed and employment agreement.
    The company I worked for looked at all new hires Facebook, Instagram etc.
    this was in order to “make sure the employees projected what they wanted to be publucally seen as the face of the company”.
    One time I was trying to hire another guy for our division (whom actually turned out to be a great hire) and they called me into an office to review his Facebook account.
    There was one photo of him at a VNV Nation concert with his fist in the air rocking out in the audience. They asked me the question “are you sure you want this to be the face of the company”?
    I replied with “look, if your not going to hire him over that, you might as well fire me. I was at the same concert”.
    They pretty much let it go after that and we hired him based on my recommendation.
    If it were up to the regular hire process he would have never gotten that job because of one concert photo on his Facebook page.

I’m not sure how many people are in the marketing industry here, but due to Sarbannes-Oxley and concerns about insider trading, there are often really crazy rules about personal social media use in marketing that go beyond “just don’t say anything offensive”. At my last job, I not only couldn’t post things about my company and our competitors; I also couldn’t post about any retailers we worked with, not even to say that I’d gone to Target or needed to stop by Walmart, unless I included a big disclaimer that I worked for Spacely Sprockets and that these were my personal opinions. Because I had access to privileged marketing information that the public doesn’t have, they insisted on a high degree of transparency. At the time, I didn’t want to tell anyone I worked for them, so I had to be super careful about what I posted.

Even though I work for a privately held company now and we don’t have any strict rules (and even though my investments are pretty much index funds), I still mostly follow those guidelines in what I post, and this situation is a good example why. Just the impression that someone is manipulating a market is enough to set off an annoying investigation, and it’s very rare for a company to want to expose themselves to that risk.

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:Yes, but still a dick move.

Dick move, something the other guy never did.

He was smiling at spooky and waving while costing them money.

He knows how to make all the friends.

I guess that is all part of the marketing101, act like a smartass douchebag all the time but cry foul if he's cut deep.

This really should have been done a long time ago, say after his fifth fake account. Robin and staff was always way to nice.

#289 3 years ago

I am going to miss the show. Hands down his podcast was better than all the other ones out there. He called it like he saw it, like him or not. I don't get enough time to stay active on the forum but his show allowed me to stay connected and be aware of all the new releases. Not sure who I am going to listen to now. His criticisms about the other shows were largely correct. You can't get an honest reviews of a title from someone who is a distributor. Was the show perfect no, does Chris have an ego sure, but silencing your critics because you don't like what they have to say is wrong. Going after someone's job is wrong. Goodluck Chris, thanks for the entertainment over the years. My daily drive will not be the same.

#290 3 years ago

Chris, if you’re reading this - you are One In A Million! (GnR).

Take a break.
    Evaluate things.
    Focus on your goal.

Today’s events reminds me of a game of Tennis.
    Your end game isn’t over.
    You served and now someone’s forehand your shot back.
    When you’re ready - backhand the ball right back at them!

On a final note, i’m going to ask you this question - where does your passion lie?

As for us, we won’t stop resisting to touch & swipe our Podcast app every morning - to see when and if your next Episode arrives.

Regards,
    SC.

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... put the fucking tin hat away.

Dude, don't talk to me, your opinion means squat. I mean, do you consider yourself worthy?

#292 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Haven’t smeared anyone.

Indirectly, yes you did and that's why your comment was deleted.

#293 3 years ago

Freedom of speech was made to protect freedom of unpopular opinion/speech.

#294 3 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I think it was Zach Sharpe. Kaneda said only like a week ago that Sharpe reported his podcast to Facebook for violating standards. (Which it doesn't.) That shuts it down just until Facebook can review it.

Just for the record, it takes quite a few reports to get Facebook to do ANYTHING. One report doesn’t make a splash. If it did, I would have been Zucc’d a thousand times over. (Nothing illegal, just enjoy riling folks up)
    There system is almost entirely automated, so there’s a threshold of a certain number, and it’s quite high. Something like 400 reports the automated system will take it down.

However, if you fill out the complicated and well-hidden forum to claim copyright/IP infringement then that typically will always require a human intervention. I highly doubt someone would be assed to do that over a podcast, even if the guy is a jackass who leaks photos.

You’re trying to suggest that Stern, at its leanest time, with hardly anyone in the building, is PAYING someone to go around taking down podcasts? Absurd.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I just bought a brand new copy LP of Stormbringer today.
    And it made me think of you.
    I barfed a little.

I hope it got in your cheerios!

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

If it came to light that Stern was behind this would it have any impact on you buying from them in the future? Hall monitor mentality never appealed to me.

Yup. I’d buy twice as many. Leaking the intellectual property of a company with reckless abandon with little respect for the damage it can cause is disgusting. It’s one thing to spout rumor, but publicly displaying Internal marketing material of a company before the product is released is an issue. If it was stern, and ALL they did was drop his company a line and ask for professional courtesy, they are being very nice.

On the other hand, if you really want a career killer, they could have drowned him in litigation and named his company as a defendant as he mentions ad nauseum in his podcast who he works for and could be construed as condoned by his company or worse, approved.

#297 3 years ago

had to

A28BAA72-EB74-4F7F-84DE-296CDDD51BC0 (resized).jpegA28BAA72-EB74-4F7F-84DE-296CDDD51BC0 (resized).jpeg
    #298 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Freedom of speech was made to protect freedom of unpopular opinion/speech.

Not exactly, it was more about the right to express opinions without government restraint.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just for the record, it takes quite a few reports to get Facebook to do ANYTHING. One report doesn’t make a splash. If it did, I would have been Zucc’d a thousand times over. (Nothing illegal, just enjoy riling folks up)
    There system is almost entirely automated, so there’s a threshold of a certain number, and it’s quite high. Something like 400 reports the automated system will take it down.
    However, if you fill out the complicated and well-hidden forum to claim copyright/IP infringement then that typically will always require a human intervention. I highly doubt someone would be assed to do that over a podcast, even if the guy is a jackass who leaks photos.
    You’re trying to suggest that Stern, at its leanest time, with hardly anyone in the building, is PAYING someone to go around taking down podcasts? Absurd.

Im willing to bet zach is saleried paid so they aren't paying any extra money. I thought this as well that perhaps Stern contacted his marketing job and thats how it came about. Who knows, its all crap at the end of the day.

#300 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Dick move, something the other guy never did.
    He was smiling at spooky and waving while costing them money.

They've sold out every game so not sure how he cost them money. Same with Stern. But regardless, when you go into business you should be able to advocate for your product - something Stern and Spooky have no problem doing. The dick move isn't banning him from a private forum like Pinside but going after his unrelated employment. If he hurt anyone it was JJP given his criticism of POTC and crazy 180 on Wonka - but at the end of the day he's just some unpaid guy (douchebag to some) spouting his opinions. And leaking confidential info is done every minute by the media - they should go after the paid distributors, employees, etc. that are doing the leaking.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/6?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.