Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.
    #201 3 years ago

Cancel culture.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Man up and reveal yourself so we can contact your employer and see how you hold up

The hypocrite got some of his own medicine. The number of times he went after people personally, both in the industry and out of it puts him in no position to cry foul.

I don't understand how people have such a short memory with this guy?

His latest drum beat about 'not needing drama in pinball'?? Helllooo he's the catalyst who built his brand on creating that drama.

And any 'hes turned a new leaf' retorts from people.. save them. Your memory is too short. The number of times he was given second chances just to have him turn around repeat the same cycle of abuse, then cry sorry, and beg to be let back was pathetic.

There is zero chance he goes cold turkey.

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, you didn't get to me at all, I'm just using an example. I thought your initial issue was that I was comparing k and traedue which I was in no way, just the idea of all speech being equal...which it isnt .

Well you're like centuries late dude. Turn on the news sometime.

Yea, realized when i wrote it, esp. The second paragraph, we are allready there.
    So where to relocate to?

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

The only "safe" way someone could do a podcast without getting fired is if they either 1) worked for themselves as self-employed or 2) worked for a business or company that isn't so spineless to cave to someone complaining.
    Then again, I'm sure if someone was crazy enough they could complain to Soundcloud or wherever the podcast is being hosted to get them removed for "hateful content" or whatever stupid bs they would claim.
    I really hope more people become aware of this sort of thing, because this is how freedom of expression and speech gets eroded.

Quoted from zpinman370:

the thing we all have to keep in mind is that these days your considered guilty as soon as someone makes any kind of accusation. This is corporate political correctness taken to the max and abused and used by the minority of subversives that know how to use social media to there advantage. Its obvious someone or company took exception to Kaneda's viewpoint and freedom of speech and took the underhanded steps to shut him down. Scumbag move

Curious the usual suspects don’t come out of the woodwork, attacking posts like this. Happens anytime O-din or the likes post!
    Surprised at the consensus in a K-man thread. Usually it’s chaotic hell!

Glad that there’s a majority of sensible people on Pinside showing out that this extreme “political correctness” narrative is bullshit, and threatening people’s employers over their harmless hobbies is absolutely disgusting. This is honestly why I NEVER talk or even mention details about where I work. I’m vague at best. Someone might get their feelings hurt and stalk me for 2 months just to get me fired!

The folks that support cancel culture are spineless, and it’s very sad that the world is bowing to the vocal minority.

Truthfully I think K-man is a victim of covid-19 boredom, and too many busy-bodies stuck at home doing nothing. In an effort to feel useful they’ve taken up a fight against him.
    Hopefully we will see this stuff die down soon. People can have different opinions, isn’t that the entire point of diversity?

#205 3 years ago

He reviewed Products. Now, if you review Products, you can be required to document/ justify your opinions.
    He was garnering too much influence. Influence through the spoken word is powerful.
    Coin-Op has always been an exclusive Industry, with Players outside the normal realm. Translation=Organised Opposition.
    Tactics used against him are a new paradigm that some would like to see as normal.
    Another chip out of the block for free speech.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

It sounds like some of these companies got caught with their collective pants down on the marketing front. Instead of looking at themselves and the people they employ to do this they decided to go after a guy that scooped them and make him pay. Maybe they should hire Kaneda and get rid of the turds they have now

Lol... hook line and sinker.

Hey people... pinball leaks don't come from Kaneda... people leak stuff to others to share. Leakers use people like Kaneda to scratch what they need scratched.

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

While its a coward move, it could have been karma. He had a bad rep before pinball. Plus, its only his side of the story.
    I get the loss for the pinball community, but Chris was no saint folks. Who knows what the truth is.

Ok, but here is the thing. There are lots of people in my life that I think make bad decisions, or that say things I don't agree with. But I don't wish that they get what us coming to them either. I personally haven't cared for several of my bosses over the course of my life, but i still genuinely wish the best for them. If a shitty thing happens to a guy that is a jerk, it is still a shame that something unfair or unjust happened and I still empathize.
    You say Kaneda was no saint. But neither am I. I would guess that neither are you. Does that mean we all deserve anything terrible that happens to us? I feel like we still should all want the best for each other.

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can’t think of too many jobs besides the nfl where you are required to stand for the national anthem once a week. Certainly none I’ve ever had.

Military, but it’s not once a week!

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I truuly dread the Day an employer decides what an employee does in it's spare time, or a polical mob decides who gets to keep their job or not.

It's really simple... Does the employer want that person being associated with or representing their business.

When you make a brand of being a raging prick and then start mixing in stuff that would clash with the imagery your employer wants to project... you get to a point where you can't stop the stigma that the person carries from following them into their job.

It's really simple... do you want that face representing your business? And what that face brings with them? If not... well, you better be careful on what baggage you bring with you every day.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

He reviewed Products. Now, if you review Products, you can be required to document/ justify your opinions.
    He was garnering too much influence. Influence through the spoken word is powerful.
    Coin-Op has always been an exclusive Industry, with Players outside the normal realm. Translation=Organised Opposition.
    Tactics used against him are a new paradigm that some would like to see as normal.
    Another chip out of the block for free speech.

Dude... put the fucking tin hat away.

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet on your own time. And then fold when they do.
    Better him than me.

Its his life not yours.

#212 3 years ago

If it came to light that Stern was behind this would it have any impact on you buying from them in the future? Hall monitor mentality never appealed to me.

#213 3 years ago

Who were the other podcasters that got hit?

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Its his life not yours.

Good point. One man's desperation is another's exhilaration I guess.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

If it came to light that Stern was behind this would it have any impact on you buying from them in the future? Hall monitor mentality never appealed to me.

Absolutely.

#216 3 years ago

I think it was Zach Sharpe. Kaneda said only like a week ago that Sharpe reported his podcast to Facebook for violating standards. (Which it doesn't.) That shuts it down just until Facebook can review it.

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You all realize that he made a fake Fbook profile impersonating me to the extent or friending more people than I am even friends with.
    He also contacted my boss to out me for using social media while at work.
    If he really had this happen, it sucks but this is turn about it seems and he is a hypocrite.

And created 4-5 ebay auctions impersonating you just to make a joke.

Has he done some good for the pinball community, maybe. But let's face it, he has a bad trollish history. There's a reason he's banned from pinside, and klov, and dodge forums, and many pinball companies won't even respond to being a guest on his show. While we all hunger for leaks, it's not actually cool to publicly post them and if I had to guess he probably did this once too many and whoever contacted his boss probably had something to do with licensing.

#219 3 years ago

I personally find it hard to believe that a legitimate company would go to someone's employer to try to solve this type of situation (leaked photos, etc.). It is much more likely that they would send a cease and desist, or attempt legal action toward him directly.

I think actions like this would be more likely to come from an individual who is jealous of his podcasting success.

#220 3 years ago

The guy is a grade A bastard, but he always had a lot of good info. If only he could have toned down his attitude he would have been beloved by all.

#221 3 years ago

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You all realize that he made a fake Fbook profile impersonating me to the extent or friending more people than I am even friends with.
    He also contacted my boss to out me for using social media while at work.
    If he really had this happen, it sucks but this is turn about it seems and he is a hypocrite.

Who is whysnow?

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It must suck to be so desperate to work for an employer that would control what you post or do on the internet on your own time. And then fold when they do.
    Better him than me.

Your kidding,right?

#224 3 years ago

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

Who is whysnow?

From what I have been reading, Kaneda!

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

Or maybe a different Zach all together....

No, I highly doubt that.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from raz0red:

I personally find it hard to believe that a legitimate company would go to someone's employer to try to solve this type of situation (leaked photos, etc.).

We are talking about the same company that walked into a meeting and stole the rights of Spooky's passion project right in front of him. My money is on Stern being behind it in some way. They have a dirty record.

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Your kidding,right?

For me, no. But as was pointed out, it's his life not mine.

I've left jobs for way less. I won't work for assholes or those that would intrude on what I do on my own time.

Apparently, he likes his job more than his freedom.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

No, I highly doubt that.

I honestly hope it wasn't either of them...

#231 3 years ago

If it came to light that Stern was behind this would it have any impact on you buying from them in the future?

This cancel culture is getting out of hand.

#232 3 years ago

If people are actually upset about this, why don't you shoot an email to the President and HR of his company since people know the name. Tell them how wrong it is of them to threaten an employee over their hobby podcast, that didn't do anything illegal. If enough voices make it clear that's BS and they too could call out the company, I bet they ask him to go back to doing it, and I bet he acts more mature. Could even improve the show.

For the record, I never listened to his podcast outside of maybe one time for 5 minutes when I wanted to hear something about a new drop or controversial event, but I don't remember what it was.

I just think it's f*cked up a company would do that, and someone would be such a pussy to call in. If you read this, you suck and have hurt the hobby.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is something we can agree on this shit is out of control!

#234 3 years ago

1 - whoever did that, should’ve kept it to podcasts or the forums.

2 - his company should’ve backed him.

I highly doubt any news company would cover someone’s antics on a pinball podcast.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Tell them how wrong it is of them to threaten an employee over their hobby podcast

Hobbyist lives matter!

#236 3 years ago

I just got an email from Chris, and he reminded me that he denied things when we met, so in the interest of fairness I'll tell the whole story. This is from I dunno, at least four years ago, so I'm going off memory here.

This was when Chris's podcast was new, so maybe that helps tie down the time. I never listed to it, he was either banned from Pinside already or doing his antics here, I don't recall, and I wasn't a fan. So I just didn't listen, that simple.

But I had friends who would listen. And he talked about me a lot. I know this because the next day I'd inevitably get a text from one of my friends to tell me about it, even though I told them I didn't care. I was sick of the pointless drama and being the subject of his talks.

Anyways, one day I get a text telling me that Chris said on his show the night before that he would offer Andrew Heighway $10,000 to fire me from Alien and hire someone else. I'm paraphrasing from memory here, but that was the gist.

That was the last straw for me. It crossed the line.

When Chris and I met at Expo he denied he ever said any such thing. And you know what? I have no idea, I didn't hear it myself. And I apologized to him for not verifying it better, because I should have. And I never did after that, because we squashed things and that's all I cared about. I wasn't looking for drama, just some peace.

To this day I have no idea what happened. If you want my honest answer I believe my personal friend who I know over the person who publicly stirred up shit left and right and was a huge troll, and an attention seeker. But I could be wrong, it could be a misunderstanding. Maybe someone else listened to that podcast and can tell me. Or not, whatever.

But there's the full story, and maybe Chris is innocent of this part and something got lost in a game of telephone. I didn't feel like dragging out the whole stupid thing in my earlier post, but maybe I wasn't fair in it either to not include his side, so here it all is for anyone who cares.

I have no ill will towards Chris now. Whatever happened is in the past for me, one way or another. From what I hear he's grown, and maybe he's not that person anymore. I take no personal joy in him stopping his podcast if it made people happy.

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

This is something we can agree on this shit is out of control!

Hey I just bought a brand new copy LP of Stormbringer today.

And it made me think of you.

I barfed a little.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

If people are actually upset about this, why don't you shoot an email to the President and HR of his company since people know the name. Tell them how wrong it is of them to threaten an employee over their hobby podcast, that didn't do anything illegal. If enough voices make it clear that's BS and they too could call out the company, I bet they ask him to go back to doing it, and I bet he acts more mature. Could even improve the show.
    For the record, I never listened to his podcast outside of maybe one time for 5 minutes when I wanted to hear something about a new drop or controversial event, but I don't remember what it was.
    I just think it's f*cked up a company would do that, and someone would be such a pussy to call in. If you read this, you suck and have hurt the hobby.

Because no corporation on this Earth is going to stick their neck out to defend their employee’s pinball podcasting hobby at the risk of losing business.

You’d just be adding fuel to the fire.

#239 3 years ago

Arnold once said ‘I’ll be back’. rest assured he’ll be back he loves doing this way to much. Lastly let me say this... I don’t agree with everything he says or anyone says. With all that being said going that low to call his job wow how low. Hopefully the person or persons who did that get exposed. This is America you are entitled to say or do what you want... he had his show if you don’t like it don’t listen. It’s a whatever. Calling his company and trying to get him fired is the lowest of the low... what a loser seriously.

#240 3 years ago

I am currently self employed so don’t have to worry about this sort of thing anymore. Pretty much done with corporate America.

That said, before becoming self employed I worked several years in the corporate sector. Many corporate jobs make you sign an employment agreement. In that employment agreement there is often a code of conduct that you agree to.
    I’m not saying this is the case here, but in these cases you have to be careful what you post on social media or any other public place. Right or wrong it’s the employers prerogative, especially if you signed and employment agreement.

The company I worked for looked at all new hires Facebook, Instagram etc.
    this was in order to “make sure the employees projected what they wanted to be publucally seen as the face of the company”.
    One time I was trying to hire another guy for our division (whom actually turned out to be a great hire) and they called me into an office to review his Facebook account.
    There was one photo of him at a VNV Nation concert with his fist in the air rocking out in the audience. They asked me the question “are you sure you want this to be the face of the company”?
    I replied with “look, if your not going to hire him over that, you might as well fire me. I was at the same concert”.
    They pretty much let it go after that and we hired him based on my recommendation.

If it were up to the regular hire process he would have never gotten that job because of one concert photo on his Facebook page.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

who ever contacted this mans boss and complained about who knows what, and you are reading this, you are a GIANT pussy.

There is someone who claims Kman doxxed him a couple of years ago. If so, Karma. Meh

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... put the fucking tin hat away.

Dude....everyone in this hobby/industry is way too f*cking sensitive.

It's f*cking pinball....possibly the most inane hobby/industry on the planet.

#243 3 years ago

Such a shame as I loved his honesty.

Why would someone even call his boss? Thats low level shit right there.
    Sounds like narcissistic behaviour to me.. Can't talk it through like a man but can back stab the guy!

Allot of those types around unfortunately.. Moronic weak arse holes..

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Dude....everyone in this hobby/industry is way too f*cking sensitive.
    It's f*cking pinball....possibly the most inane hobby/industry on the planet.

haha not wrong!

Adults behaving like spoilt 2 year olds! Sooooo many of them in pinball its ridiculous!

#245 3 years ago

This could be healthy.

Since he will no longer be sharing insights on a podcast, it could spark an even better relationship with his employer if he turned all his energies and shared his views of people, businesses, and the world with them instead.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I think it was Zach Sharpe. Kaneda said only like a week ago that Sharpe reported his podcast to Facebook for violating standards. (Which it doesn't.) That shuts it down just until Facebook can review it.

Is Aurich, Zach Sharpe, because be specifically said it wasnt Aurich.

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Because no corporation on this Earth is going to stick their neck out to defend their employee’s pinball podcasting hobby at the risk of losing business.
    You’d just be adding fuel to the fire.

Just feels like it crosses a line if he didn't do anything illegal, but to another poster's point, you sign contracts that your job is contingent on behavior in and out of office. Again, I know nothing about the show. Maybe he is an a$$ and the footage of him acting crazy is truly embarrassing or off the wall. But still, calling someone's employer over their outspoken views or behavior is a real b*tch move.

Corporate life rules!

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Glad that there’s a majority of sensible people on Pinside showing out that this extreme “political correctness” narrative is bullshit, and threatening people’s employers over their harmless hobbies is absolutely disgusting. This is honestly why I NEVER talk or even mention details about where I work. I’m vague at best. Someone might get their feelings hurt and stalk me for 2 months just to get me fired!
    The folks that support cancel culture are spineless, and it’s very sad that the world is bowing to the vocal minority.

I think it's far more likely it was Stern or one of the people who Kaneda screwed over. Remember, multiple people have said Kaneda tried to get them fired in a similar manner. That just sounds like Karma, people using his own tactics against him.

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Remember, multiple people have said Kaneda tried to get them fired in a similar manner. That just sounds like Karma, people using his own tactics against him.

If those stories are true, then him trying to get other people fired is incredibly foul and he is worse than them. But this does makes the most sense as to why someone would do it.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s simply a question CL. Some vote w their wallet, never said don’t buy as I enjoy some of their offerings.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/5?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.