Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

That's only a problem if your employer also doesn't like what you say. If it's true he works in marketing and he's wrecking other companies' marketing efforts, yes that will bite you in the ass. I have no problem with Stern/AP asking for professional courtesy. No way his employer cares about him arguing about regular pinball bullshit. His show was popular because of early leaks, and now it's done because one leak too many.

It sounds like some of these companies got caught with their collective pants down on the marketing front. Instead of looking at themselves and the people they employ to do this they decided to go after a guy that scooped them and make him pay. Maybe they should hire Kaneda and get rid of the turds they have now

#152 3 years ago

What a pathetic comparison. Wow.

#153 3 years ago

Honestly, if one of the big 2 manufacturers did this because he was spoiling their launches and marketing effort they need to get their heads out of their own asses. Both of their marketing efforts are mediocre at best. They should be paying Kaneda for the amount of publicity he bought them.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

We’re hiring, you seem to be exactly the type of go getter we’re looking for.

Perfect for the EM-50 project!

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

For those instantly going political with this....my guess would be this was Stern/Zach/Jared due to the TMNT leaks. To have one marketing guy relishing in destroying another marketing team’s launch isn’t a good look, and it wouldn’t shock me if they wanted it to never happen again.
    Just a guess...but one that seems more plausible than “the libruhls got ‘em”.

I agree with this 100%. This is exactly what happened... and Chris would frequently name drop his employer and experience to help make his opinions seem more legitimate. I’m sure they combed through his media and pulled examples of professional assassination, and Stern decided to play ball in the professional world.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Sorry o-din but WTF is your avatar?

Actually I dont want to know.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

The good news about cancel culture is that it eventually leads back to them or their kind and they have to eat their own. Pathetic loathsome people.

People act like ”cancel culture”is a recent & leftist thing. I seem to remember it starting when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against W. & the war...the right went insane and got them kicked off of country radio stations....or Colin Kaepernick, taking a knee...the so-called President threatened him & right-wing propaganda machine went after him and cost him his job. White Supremacists went after James Gunn & used old jokes to get him fired from Guardians of the Galaxy because they didn’t like his attacks on racists & sexists. I hope these people are included in the “pathetic loathsome people” you speak of.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

If he just talked about it? We have a similar example we could look at. James Gunn did exactly that and was fired....

That's a great example, but I think it should be left up to the employer, not a lawful right.
    One one side you have a comedian, on the other side a dangerous pedophile. Giving them both the right to say anything they want is also taking away the employer's right to say what is and isnt acceptable.
    As always, slippery slopes everywhere. I have seen in my contract "to act respectfully in public" yada yada and raised an eyebrow myself.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

What a pathetic comparison. Wow.

Stay in your fucking lane kim

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Sorry o-din but WTF is your avatar?
    Actually I dont want to know.

You are going to know anyway.

Cover of the UFO album Force It. If you've never heard of UFO, it was Michael Schenker's band before MSG. If you have never heard of Michael Schenker or MSG, sorry, I can't help you.

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

People act like ”cancel culture”is a recent & leftist thing. I seem to remember it starting when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against W. & the war...the right went insane and got them kicked off of country radio stations....or Colin Kaepernick, taking a knee...the so-called President threatened him & right-wing propaganda machine went after him and cost him his job. White Supremacists went after James Gunn & used old jokes to get him fired from Guardians of the Galaxy because they didn’t like his attacks on racists & sexists. I hope these people are included in the “pathetic loathsome people” you speak of.

It’s only cancel culture when it’s something they like, like COPS.

Colin K getting blacklisted for 4 years in the prime of his career? Oh that’s ok.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You are going to know anyway.
    Cover of the UFO album Force It. If you've never heard of UFO it was Michael Schenker's band before MSG. If you have never heard of Michael Schenker or MSG, sorry, I can't help you.

UFO...good music!

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

UFO...good music!

Shenker did some killer stuff with the scorpions in the 70s too!

#164 3 years ago

Stern marketing Fiasco 101:

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

Too bad. He was very interesting to listen to. He answered a few emails I sent him and he was always polite to me. I might be in the minority, but i appreciated his honesty of his views on all the manufacturers. Right or wrong that is not easy to do. And anyone who is podcasting has to have a certain amount of self worth to even attempt it. Broken token and Kaneda podcasts were my favorite. And they are very different. Chris thanks for all the podcasts.

I agree Loganpinball and share your sentiments...well said...

#166 3 years ago

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist...

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lovedrive album is great!

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s only cancel culture when it’s something they like.
    Colin K getting blacklisted for 4 years? Oh that’s ok.

Isnt it a huge difference if you do something at work or not?

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope these people are included in the “pathetic loathsome people” you speak of.

Yes, I absolutely do include them.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yes, but it also depends on how bad that something is

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

UFO...good music!

I was going to say, after listning, that it sounded kind of bland and pointless, but then i realized, maybe ufo have a crowd with telephones and Could call my employer, so maybe i shouldn't say anything about anything???

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

That’s something that people just made up.

I can’t think of too many jobs besides the nfl where you are required to stand for the national anthem once a week. Certainly none I’ve ever had.

Either you are against “cancel culture” or you aren’t. Splitting hairs across ideological lines betrays your insincerity.

#173 3 years ago

I just realized that besides almost setting a personal record for downvotes in a single thread, I have also wasted almost the entire day!

Just like being at work.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, but it also depends on how bad that something is

Slippery slope.
    Who is it that decides if it's bad enough?

#175 3 years ago

Should I tell my employer what he left on the computer screen by forgetting to log out before he left one evening?

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Stern marketing Fiasco 101:

Ha, what happened to that standard of launch - very slick. Seems to be an inverse relationship between quality of game and quality of launch marketing.

#177 3 years ago

I enjoyed listening to his podcast as with everyone else’s. It’s sucks you can’t say what you want in this country. Guys it’s pinball lmao only pinball. Unbelievable. He will be back just give him time.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Colin wore socks with pigs in police hats on the field. He made his own bed. Screw him and Nike.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Colin wore socks with pigs in police hats in the field. He made his own bed. Screw him and Nike.

Ok so that’s one “yay” Vote In favor of cancel culture.

#180 3 years ago

I believe Aurich as much as I think Alien has awesome artwork.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am pissed!! This is pure BS!! Kaneda was the best thing to happen to this hobby!

58BB2182-E3A2-4DF9-84A5-50A3926C3CB3.gif58BB2182-E3A2-4DF9-84A5-50A3926C3CB3.gif
    #182 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Slippery slope.
    Who is it that decides if it's bad enough?

Your boss. They act hct they feel, you sue them for wrongful termination if you think its wrong. Sucks but what can you do?
    I work for Mr 68 industries, i have a KKK podcast on my own time(as is my right), Mr 68 stock is plummeting but he has no right to terminate my employment.
    Fair?

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok so that’s one “yay” Vote In favor of cancel culture.

Not sure Colin cancels Scorpions in the late 70s.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Ha, what happened to that standard of launch - very slick. Seems to be an inverse relationship between quality of game and quality of launch marketing.

Yeah, the little toy robot that ruined a launch. Ah...memories.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not sure Colin cancels Scorpions in the late 70s.

Please, PLEASE don’t post the cover of “Virgin Killer.”

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s something that people just made up.
    I can’t think of too many jobs besides the nfl where you are required to stand for the national anthem once a week. Certainly none I’ve ever had.
    Either you are against “cancel culture” or you aren’t. Splitting hairs across ideological lines betrays your insincerity.

But at work you represent your employer.
    If we head towards a situation where everything you ever say, or have said is scrutinized, you'll end up in ddr.

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

We butted heads after he tried to have me fired, he crossed that line first. I wasn't having his shit once he made it that kind of personal. It was squashed years ago in person at Expo, we haven't interacted since. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, far as I'm aware he's felt the same.
    I've never listened to his show, but I know he leaks a lot of press imagery before it comes out. If you work in marketing it's probably not a great idea to pull that kind of stuff when you're not anonymous, it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Stern had enough and talked to his company about professional courtesy. If his work's clients found out one of their employees was a leaker it wouldn't look good. That stuff gets taken pretty seriously when big marketing budgets are on the line. If I were in his shoes I'd have not gone that far out of concern for my job personally.
    Rumors are one thing, leaking images with your watermark on them is pretty blatant though. Remember, free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

Aurich is right, everyone is an at will employee; and 1st amendment has no bearing in the private sector.

If indeed he was leaking products, that has serious consequences for companies, and in this case a pinball manufacturer has every right to protect that. He's lucky he isn't getting sued.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Your boss. They act hct they feel, you sue them for wrongful termination if you think its wrong. Sucks but what can you do?
    I work for Mr 68 industries, i have a KKK podcast on my own time(as is my right), Mr 68 stick is plummeting but he has nonwritr to terminate my employment.
    Fair?

Mr.68...that non-radical, boring non-fascist. Boy if this was 1936, I’d give his industry a what-for I tell ya!

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please, PLEASE don’t post the cover of “Virgin Killer.”

Of all the grandpa bands, I could live with a Scorpions pinball machine. Them and UFO were special to me.

I was the only kid with a Schenker holding his Flying V poster on my wall.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I work for Mr 68 industries, i have a KKK podcast on my own time(as is my right), Mr 68 stick is plummeting but he has nonwritr to terminate my employment.
    Fair?

Wow, I really got to you. Google Diazepam.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I work for Mr 68 industries, i have a KKK podcast on my own time(as is my right), Mr 68 stock is plummeting but he has no right to terminate my employment.
    Fair?

I truuly dread the Day an employer decides what an employee does in it's spare time, or a polical mob decides who gets to keep their job or not.

#192 3 years ago

I have learned not to talk politics with my boss. Not that I don't agree with him, but then he never leaves.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Wow, I really got to you. Google Diazepam.

Ha, you didn't get to me at all, I'm just using an example. I thought your initial issue was that I was comparing k and traedue which I was in no way, just the idea of all speech being equal...which it isnt .

Quoted from Dr-pin:

I truuly dread the Day an employer decides what an employee does in it's spare time, or a polical mob decides who gets to keep their job or not.

Well you're like centuries late dude. Turn on the news sometime.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

But at work you represent your employer.
    If we head towards a situation where everything you ever say, or have said is scrutinized, you'll end up in ddr.

Right. So any way that two votes for cancel culture.

For a board that claims to hate cancel culture so far my unofficial poll is 100 percent pro cancel culture. Go figure.

#195 3 years ago

I read all 194 post thus far, still not sure what big guest was lined up for episode 500. Anyone?

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Of all the grandpa bands, I could live with a Scorpions pinball machine. Them and UFO were special to me.
    I was the only kid with a Schenker holding his Flying V poster on my wall.

Do you like all of it or just the 70s stuff?

Their German cover of Fox on the Run is great. Find it on YouTube!

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you like all of it or just the 70s stuff?

I like all of it. Lovedrive is my favorite though. Some girls we met way back then laid Tokyo Tapes on us one night. They were cool.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their German cover of Fox on the Run is great. Find it on YouTube!

Will check it out!

#198 3 years ago

Man 2020 is something else...Only halfway done!

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. So any way that two votes for cancel culture.
    For a board that claims to hate cancel culture so far my unofficial poll is 100 percent pro cancel culture. Go figure.

Stop trying to mark me with views i Dont share.
    It's really rude.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man 2020 is something else...Only halfway done!

Started out with the Super Bowl on my birthday.
    download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/4?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.