Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Get Columbo on it.
    [quoted image]

Yes get columbo. Lol

#102 3 years ago

It took a global pandemic for me to tune into a pinball podcast. Once I did I found Kaneda to be quite entertaining.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

[quoted image]

Did this happen to Zach Meny as well?

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I am Kaneda. I am watching.

In my head that was in the Gorgar voice.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’ll find out who did this. Eye for an eye.

I do believe in revenge.

I don’t know where the balance in podcasts will come from now. I don’t want to hear only a bunch of ratings for new games that are all similarly gushing ratings/reviews.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

In my head that was in the Gorgar voice.

LOL, I am Kaneda, beat me..

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Exactly what I was thinking about you.

Go back to your cave and lick the boots of your horribly failing bunker-boy to 'own the libs'.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I am Kaneda. I am watching.

In the literal sense or the metaphorical sense?

I think as a community, regardless of whether we like your show or not are on your side with this one.

#110 3 years ago

Macho did you do this?

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

In the literal sense or the metaphorical sense?
    I think as a community, regardless of whether we like your show or not are on your side with this one.

Thanks, freedom of speech...

#112 3 years ago

Dear Fans,

You are all the best. Unfortunately, I have to step away from the podcast scene. This decision was actually a very easy one to make. A few people decided to go after my employer with accusations about me. My employer is amazing and fully supports me, but they do not deserve to be dragged into any pinball related issues.

I love my job, I love my friends at work and I love what I do for a living. I worked way too hard to get where I am just to have people within the pinball space try and undermine my reputation and hard work. The current climate is not one I wish to cause any additional headaches for my company. They have enough on their plate right now as I'm sure you can imagine.

I do not know specifically who did this (no it was not Aurich so please don't hurt him). Nothing I have said or done on my show justifies this behavior. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today. A few determined cowards can ruin it for everyone else. Also, please don't blame the liberals for this, that's just weird Wear a MASK!

A few things to remember:

- I am not dead (that R.I.P. pinside thread gave me a chuckle)
    - Oktoberfest is still the worst theme ever
    - I need a break, so if I don't respond to you right now, it's not personal
    - Be good to each other

Love,

Kaneda, Brenda & Bubba

#113 3 years ago

This is a tough one for me, if his employer listened to his podcast and said we don't want to be associated with this, I have no issue. To me that is completely acceptable, if they just told him to drop it because of some idiot online I would walk and never look back. I don't listen to his stuff or have enough info to know what happened. I'm lucky enough to be a position that I can walk from a job and not everyone is. I guess is the issue something he actually said or just people complaining about nothing?

#114 3 years ago

Not a fan of him or his podcast, but that doesn’t mean this is right. Whoever did this is not only intolerant, but ignorant of what is guaranteed by the 1A. I may not agree with him on most things, but I respect his right to say those things. People need to grow up.

#115 3 years ago

I am going to miss the podcast greatly. The history of dutch pinball was very good for example. Who else is going to do all of that work, maybe pinball magazine but this was the best podcast by far. No one should call a employer on someone. If they are doing something illegal then call the police but this is shameless. Shame on you or whatever company did this.

#116 3 years ago

He was a complete ass all the way back to klov.

That being said, going after his work is a coward move. Shame on that dick that did that. Inexcusable.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Outlanes:

That being said, going after his work is a coward move. Shame on that dick that did that. Inexcusable.

Agree on all

#118 3 years ago
    bye-bye-dont-d8406ccddc (resized).jpgbye-bye-dont-d8406ccddc (resized).jpg
    #119 3 years ago

I think kaneda is a jerk and I rarely listen anymore, but this is messed up. I'm starting to feel like the first ammendment isn't enough because what good is freedom of speech if you can't speak your mind without fear of losing your livelihood? I think we are overdue for another ammendment that protects people from ideological persecution.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

whoever did this is a low life coward and needs to leave this hobby.

Multiple people have said Kaneda did something similar to them, contacting their bosses over something they said. It seems more like karma.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Multiple people have said Kaneda did something similar to them, contacting their bosses over something they said. It seems more like karma.

Agree on all

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm starting to feel like the first ammendment isn't enough because what good is freedom of speech if you can't speak your mind without fear of losing your livelihood? I think we are overdue for another ammendment that protects people from ideological persecution.

The government didn't censor his podcast. He decided being a controversial figure wasn't worth the headaches it brought to his workplace, and (reasonably) didn't want to lose his job over a podcast. Most podcasts aren't exactly paying the rent these days.

If he wasn't leaking other company's press materials and attacking people it's likely his work would have said "that's cute that you have a hobby" and that would have been that. You gotta own up for what you say if you're going to be 'edgy'.

Free Speech

free_speech_2x.pngfree_speech_2x.png

#123 3 years ago

What is up with Freedom of Speech in America, why is it so many people seem to have no understanding of basic laws and concepts of society?

Just so we are clear, this situation has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech, Aurich is bang on. I just can't figure out why every one brings it up in this context.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

What is up with Freedom of Speech in America

Apparently, freedom of knot tying is also on the way out.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

What is up with Freedom of Speech in America, why is it so many people seem to have no understanding of the basic laws and concepts?

Ha, lots of folks dont understand half the fucking ammendments, i think they just caught up because its #1

#126 3 years ago

I'm Kaneda.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Blah blah blah. Episode 500 will be done. Mark my words. There’s no way he can give up his narcissistic supply.

Listening to Jack Danger on the deadflip stream now, it seems legit from what he is saying about Kaneda ending his podcast.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from Outlanes:

While its a coward move, it could have been karma. He had a bad rep before pinball. Plus, its only his side of the story.

I get the loss for the pinball community, but Chris was no saint folks. Who knows what the truth is.

#129 3 years ago

Only a matter of time until we all find out who decided to take this most unfortunate decision to contact his employer. Shame on you whoever you are. I hope you’re preparing for the inevitable backlash.

#130 3 years ago

I make a lot of jokes, but I never really listened or paid attention to him so I've really got nothing against him.

He never did anything to me personally except invited me on his show once. I declined, but if he is ever out this way, I'd give him a beer.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, lots of folks dont understand half the fucking ammendments, i think they just caught up because its #1

It's not that we don't understand them. It's just that there's no practical point in having freedom of speech if the crybullies are going to come after your job if they don't like what you say. Like Norm Macdonald says "it should be called 'free speech but you lose your job.' " What were mainstream ideas 15 years ago can get you fired today. What's going to be over the line in five years? What social media posts that people are making today are going to haunt them when the tide of opinion changes? It's dangerous. There should be protections for opinions that go beyond "you don't go to jail."

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

The only "safe" way someone could do a podcast without getting fired is if they either 1) worked for themselves as self-employed or 2) worked for a business or company that isn't so spineless to cave to someone complaining.

or be amongst the 40 million recently unemployed who no longer have a job to lose ... or be retired, like o-din.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Is there some history/story between you two at some point, or just not a fan of his show?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Only a matter of time until we all find out who decided to take this most unfortunate decision to contact his employer. Shame on you whoever you are. I hope you’re preparing for the inevitable backlash.

But kaneda has apparently done this very thing to others in the past. Definitely shitty behavior, but he doesn’t seem to have only been on the receiving end of it.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

...there's no practical point in having freedom of speech if the crybullies....

But HE was the crybully before. Or should he be grandfathered in because you only figured out being a crybully was wrong today?

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

Is there some history/story between you two at some point, or just not a fan of his show?

My friend NimblePin once said "people on pinside don't always read before they post". Or something like that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/3#post-5715670

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Go back to your cave and lick the boots of your horribly failing bunker-boy to 'own the libs'.

Lol... Senseless drivel.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But HE was the crybully before. Or should he be grandfathered in because you only figured out being a crybully was wrong today?

I definitely did not just figure this out today, nor do I defend kaneda in any way. I'm just saying that no one should lose their job over what they say in their private lives.

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Just don't tell my employer how I waste my time on his dime while at work please.
    Actually, he knows and doesn't give a shit.

We’re hiring, you seem to be exactly the type of go getter we’re looking for.

#140 3 years ago

I’m starting to wonder if it was Antifa.

Has to be.

#141 3 years ago

Bummed it went down like this. Thank you Kaneda for all of the content and always speaking your mind. Will miss your show.

#142 3 years ago

The Western world is rapidly moving towards an orwellian nightmare.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

We’re hiring, you seem to be exactly the type of go getter we’re looking for.

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
    #145 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

crybullies are going to come after your job if they don't like what you say

That's only a problem if your employer also doesn't like what you say. If it's true he works in marketing and he's wrecking other companies' marketing efforts, yes that will bite you in the ass. I have no problem with Stern/AP asking for professional courtesy. No way his employer cares about him arguing about regular pinball bullshit. His show was popular because of early leaks, and now it's done because one leak too many.

#146 3 years ago

Hey K-man if you have those GNR pics send them my way and i will leak them for you

#147 3 years ago

If he just talked about it? We have a similar example we could look at. James Gunn did exactly that and was fired by Disney and then rehired. What do you think was the right move there?

#148 3 years ago

Will his old podcasts be available for listening in the offhand chance I am ever extremely bored with nothing else to do?

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What do you mean people don't understand the amendments?

animals-bear_arms-bears_arms-guns-second_amendment-constitution-tcrn2031_low (resized).jpganimals-bear_arms-bears_arms-guns-second_amendment-constitution-tcrn2031_low (resized).jpg
    #150 3 years ago

Only podcast I listened to.

Tried others, uhm...nah.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/3?hl=leonspinkx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.