Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.
    #51 3 years ago

Whether it was political or Stern GFY whoever it was.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Jack danger posted something very similar to this on his facebook just earlier today, wonder if it's related at all??

Screenshot_20200626-074454_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200626-074454_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

[quoted image]

Sounds like that’s exactly what he was referring to.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from gblack:

What is going around in life neutered like?

No balls.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

[quoted image]

WHOA!? What?

#56 3 years ago

Blah blah blah. Episode 500 will be done. Mark my words. There’s no way he can give up his narcissistic supply.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Who snitched last time?

Last time it was Aurich that contacted Ks work

#58 3 years ago

I am pissed!! This is pure BS!! Kaneda was the best thing to happen to this hobby!

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

You had better be careful, if you even mention liberal or leftist in a post, even though it is a sickness and not political, you are running the risk of dismissal!

How is this shit allowed on Pinside? Sickening.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Are you serious? If so I like him even less now.

#61 3 years ago

I’ll find out who did this. Eye for an eye.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

[quoted image]

Did JD just call Kaneda a chick?

But seriously, does anyone really think Kaneda is gone for good? He'll start an anonymous podcast and keep right on. His ego must be fed, and it's a hungry, hungry hippo.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’ll find out who did this. Eye for an eye.

The army is larger than they think!

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he just call Kaneda a chick?

No unless most means all.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

No unless most means all.

It does when I say I ate most of the chips. Assuming similar rules...

#66 3 years ago

So his bosses came back and said “you have to stop this, but you can do one more show for the fans, oh and also tell everyone that we’re the reason you can’t continue”

Don’t listen to the guy, but know of him on here by reputation, and he’s well known for courting controversy in everything he does. I listened to a few minutes of the linked podcast and as far as I can surmise the guy is a) rather full of himself and b) almost certainly going to reappear under some alias or something. People craving attention don’t just suddenly stop, he probably cares more about his fans than he does his job, and he doesn’t seem to have any shortage of sycophants.

#67 3 years ago

Well, elephant in the room moment. What certain large pinball company has he been targeting more than others lately......might be a safe bet to start there.

#68 3 years ago

Love him or hate him the guy is extremely entertaining and very good at what he does, hopefully this is some hoax and he will be back with a “haha you dint think it was that easy to get rid of me episode 500 special” I can’t see it stopping on 499 no way hopefully some crazy stunt

#69 3 years ago

Someone PM Aurich and ask him point blank. I think he has me blocked already lol

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Well, elephant in the room moment. What certain large pinball company has he been targeting more than others lately......might be a safe bet to start there

Not only that but Kmans podcast has been making them look foolish as of late. He's constantly after them about BOM/price and shutting down independent Facebook accounts.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

We butted heads after he tried to have me fired, he crossed that line first. I wasn't having his shit once he made it that kind of personal. It was squashed years ago in person at Expo, we haven't interacted since. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, far as I'm aware he's felt the same.

I've never listened to his show, but I know he leaks a lot of press imagery before it comes out. If you work in marketing it's probably not a great idea to pull that kind of stuff when you're not anonymous, it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Stern had enough and talked to his company about professional courtesy. If his work's clients found out one of their employees was a leaker it wouldn't look good. That stuff gets taken pretty seriously when big marketing budgets are on the line. If I were in his shoes I'd have not gone that far out of concern for my job personally.

Rumors are one thing, leaking images with your watermark on them is pretty blatant though. Remember, free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

#72 3 years ago

Buh bye!

#73 3 years ago

I remember when the other podcast guys "retired."
    Se ya next week

#74 3 years ago

As far as I know Kaneda never signed any type of NDA.

#76 3 years ago

Another reason could be his live Facebook streams.

Chris has a tendency to get hammered and talk shit about people. I checked out a few... some were good but most turned into a train wreck.
    Chris mentioned Facebook Live early in the show.

His brother always cracked me up with his commentary in the chat room. “Wake me up when he vomits on himself” was one of my favorites.

#77 3 years ago

You all realize that he made a fake Fbook profile impersonating me to the extent or friending more people than I am even friends with.

He also contacted my boss to out me for using social media while at work.

If he really had this happen, it sucks but this is turn about it seems and he is a hypocrite.

#78 3 years ago

Too bad. He was very interesting to listen to. He answered a few emails I sent him and he was always polite to me. I might be in the minority, but i appreciated his honesty of his views on all the manufacturers. Right or wrong that is not easy to do. And anyone who is podcasting has to have a certain amount of self worth to even attempt it. Broken token and Kaneda podcasts were my favorite. And they are very different. Chris thanks for all the podcasts.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Not only that but Kmans podcast has been making them look foolish as of late. He's constantly after them about BOM/price and shutting down independent Facebook accounts.

Yep, and rightfully so..

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

We butted heads after he tried to have me fired, he crossed that line first. I wasn't having his shit once he made it that kind of personal. It was squashed years ago in person at Expo, we haven't interacted since. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, far as I'm aware he's felt the same.
    I've never listened to his show, but I know he leaks a lot of press imagery before it comes out. If you work in marketing it's probably not a great idea to pull that kind of stuff when you're not anonymous, it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Stern had enough and talked to his company about professional courtesy. If his work's clients found out one of their employees was a leaker it wouldn't look good. That stuff gets taken pretty seriously when big marketing budgets are on the line. If I were in his shoes I'd have not gone that far out of concern for my job personally.
    Rumors are one thing, leaking images with your watermark on them is pretty blatant though. Remember, free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

If Stern wants to keep their leaks controlled, they can do so. If things get out, then its an internal problem Stern has to deal with internally, not blame external people.

#81 3 years ago

Gone but not forgotten....

9BE1BBA9-FEAE-47BA-88B4-B84DE7E2C325 (resized).jpeg9BE1BBA9-FEAE-47BA-88B4-B84DE7E2C325 (resized).jpeg
    #82 3 years ago

Small minded people living in their tiny sheltered world behind a keyboard. Tough guys in secret with no consequences.
    Man up and reveal yourself so we can contact your employer and see how you hold up. Of course they wont because cowards never do.

The good news about cancel culture is that it eventually leads back to them or their kind and they have to eat their own. Pathetic loathsome people.

Best wishes to Chris Kooluris aka Kaneda. I hope you find a way back.

#83 3 years ago

Eye roll inducing at times, but always entertaining as hell. Thanks for all of the content, Chris.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Small minded people living in their tiny sheltered world behind a keyboard. Tough guys in secret with no consequences.
    Man up and reveal yourself so we can contact your employer and see how you hold up. Of course they wont because cowards never do.
    The good news about cancel culture is that it eventually leads back to them or their kind and they have to eat their own. Pathetic low-some people.
    Best wishes to Chris Kooluris aka Kaneda. I hope you find a way back.

Well said, my friend.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Guessing thats exactly what happened.

Either way, he was good publicity for the hobby. Controversial, I know, but he gave all manufacturers a huge amount of airtime and kept the hobby in peoples consciousness.

#86 3 years ago

It sounds like no one knows what really happened. But, multiple people have said he was leaking marketing materials. And he works for a marketing company. If those two things are true, that shit was bound to catch up with him. Someone was eventually going to put two and two together and talk to the company he works for because that is bad for both sides.

But also, this feels like a work...

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Kaneda is in marketing and no one (no company) wants their brand to be associated with anything controversial, especially in marketing.
    So when it comes to pinball the hobby or job that pays the bills it’s an easy choice.
    Sad to see him go, haven’t listened to the podcast.
    But this is another example of cancel culture and it is wrong through and through.

I apologize because I haven't listened to the episode but what did he ever do or say that was actually controversial? Like real world controversial, not like "i don't like this pinball machine" controversial.
    I never got why people felt so passionately against him. He would stir the pot, but so does the flip n out guy (who actually profits off the industry) and I don't see the same level of hatred directed his way.

I also always here people talk about kaneda being mentally ill. I don't know if he is, but if he does suffer from mental illness SO WHAT? Lots of people do. Lots of people that have mental illness still have a lot to offer. I don't know how it is different than saying "don't listen to that guy's podcast, he has hypertension."
    He was what I call a dreamer. No machine was ever going to be good enough. He would always want more. That is why he is a marketing guy. We need people like that. Lots of people that worked with steve jobs thought he was unreasonably demanding, but we all benefited from his work.
    I myself am a numbers/logistics guy. So he and I look at the world very differently. I didn't agree with him much, but I never felt the need to silence him. It didn't even make my want to stop listening. I just occasionally acknowledged that he was "being a little extra" today (as my daughter would say) and continue listening. We NEED different types of people in this world. Not everyone has to agree with you to have your respect. Not everyone needs to want the same things out of this hobby.
    Jason Fowler raised thousands of dollars for charity through his contributions to this hobby and people trashed him until he quit. Kaneda had someone go to his employer and complain because of his opinions about the pinball hobby. None of this makes any sense to me. There are real problems to address in this world and none of them are related to pinball.
    Please don't try to get me fired for posting this

#88 3 years ago

Ya'll just gonna let "good riddens" slide, huh?

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

If Stern wants to keep their leaks controlled, they can do so. If things get out, then its an internal problem Stern has to deal with internally, not blame external people.

Fair enough, there are a lot of other ways to start handling leaks, internally, I agree. But pinball has a loooonnng history of being a dirty business, and if someone is fucking up their money and putting a watermark on it? You really think they wouldn't do something about it? I could see it.

Put it this way, maybe something happened over those images, maybe not, but he should at least know it's a possibility and be careful with how he leaks things. It could come back to bite him the ass even if it didn't this time.

Anyways, I'm not even sure it was Stern. If what Jack Danger said is true might just be people doxxing pinball people to cause havoc.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

It sounds like no one knows what really happened. But, multiple people have said he was leaking marketing materials. And he works for a marketing company. If those two things are true, that shit was bound to catch up with him. Someone was eventually going to put two and two together and talk to the company he works for because that is bad for both sides.

This. Supposedly he was top dog in marketing in his area (according to Him). Leaking stuff is like the #1 no-no. Who knows if he really got fired because of a particular company, or if he started leaking other stuff. Kinda makes no sense that he’d have to end his podcast though. Just stop leaking. Smells to me like he was getting tired/fewer listeners so he wanted to quit with his usual crybaby drama.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

How is this shit allowed on Pinside? Sickening.

Exactly what I was thinking about you.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from majicman110:

I apologize because I haven't listened to the episode but what did he ever do or say that was actually controversial?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

He apologized at some point after this.

He also only had a podcast because of getting banned from here.

His show was entertaining though!

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

so we can contact your employer and see how you hold up.

Just don't tell my employer how I waste my time on his dime while at work please.

Actually, he knows and doesn't give a shit.

#94 3 years ago

Get Columbo on it.

702a715dfc8466c4d31a54cda8174ca7 (resized).jpg702a715dfc8466c4d31a54cda8174ca7 (resized).jpg
    #95 3 years ago

Whoever called his employer is a fucking trash bag. That's some gutter cunt level bullshit right there. Karma has its sights on you.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

For those instantly going political with this....my guess would be this was Stern/Zach/Jared due to the TMNT leaks. To have one marketing guy relishing in destroying another marketing team’s launch isn’t a good look, and it wouldn’t shock me if they wanted it to never happen again.
    Just a guess...but one that seems more plausible than “the libruhls got ‘em”.

This. You guys crying about the "libtards" all need counseling. Seriously. Grow up.

#97 3 years ago

If it was in fact a pinball company who used this cowardly method to silence one of their critics then we have the right to know who this was. Imagine of movie studios could take this tactic every time a critic reviewed one of their films badly. China tried to do this to the doctor who attempted to raise the alarm on the outbreak of COVID-19 and look how that tuned out! Personally I don't want to support a company who has little value in the right to 'freedom of speech'.

#98 3 years ago
    46ctcu (resized).jpg46ctcu (resized).jpg
    #99 3 years ago

whoever did this is a low life coward and needs to leave this hobby.

#100 3 years ago

I am Kaneda. I am watching.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/2?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.