Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
    #1001 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I'll never understand the whole twippy thing. I thought it was fun the first time around but that anyone actually gives a shit is beyond me. Do you actually believe people are tying to silence him so he won't win a twippy. Hmm I wonder if it's just that he is an asshole.

Probably a metaphor for our current political "machinations". One crisis after another, yet none have or will work. K man gets his twippy.

#1002 3 years ago

four twipys and a $5 bill will buy you a cup of coffee....

#1003 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Okay. Go on. Continue to tell me how his involvement in an instance of being duped and hitching his horse to a bad wagon, taking a huge credibility hit forever afterwards, is as bad as being the Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. I’ll allow you as much rope as you want to use to get the job done here.

Agree he's no where in the same league as scum like David Duke, but he is a long-time friend and ongoing defender of Louis Farrakhan who is about as close as it comes in the US to the Grand Wizard of anti-Semites.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    #1004 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Agree he's no where in the same league as scum like David Duke, but he is a long-time friend and ongoing defender of Louis Farrakhan who is about as close as it comes in the US to the Grand Wizard of anti-Semites.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When he was young, Louis Farrakhan looked a lot like Damon Wayons.

#1005 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's not done until i hear the whole story of Levi tossing him out on his ass.... pleeeeease someone! Let's here it!
    *I've been following since like page three for the details!

If you're referring to the NYCPC incident, discussion of it starts at the 1 hour 32 minute mark here.

http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/05/23/episode-92-night-at-the-museum/

#1006 3 years ago

I just read the 7-8 page thread over at neo geo forums....

Chris is just like he was when he joined pinside. No difference in behavior throughout the years.

Some interesting artwork in that thread tho

#1007 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. So....because Sharpton has associated with a guy that was pretty bad and might be somewhat on a kinda maybe similar-ish racist plane of existence as the GRAND WIZARD OF THE KU KLUX KLAN, you wanna jump onto the Apology Train for the guy that equated Duke and Sharpton, huh? Did we tilt that hard enough to make it align and get to the point we needed to make? What does Farrakhan have to do with anything!? Close is good enough for hand grenades, horseshoes and racist asshattery, I suppose.

I bet nobody on the Sharpton point hates Charles Lindburgh with so much passion that you’d jump into an argument on a pinball forum to dogpile him.

#1008 3 years ago

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked.

#1009 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Yikes. Definitely not going to be able to change the mind of someone who thinks opposing what the KKK says is assuming the "moral high ground". I thought that the KKK was pretty much accepted as "not good" in 2020 but apparently here we are.

There’s something called the first amendment.

I will always defend someone’s right to say what they want. No one should have their God given rights taken away because someone disagrees with them.

I have the freedom not to listen, associate, or do business with that person.

#1010 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Fonzie > Kaneda

At least one of them had some pinball skills.
    228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg

#1011 3 years ago

Kaneda thread dead?

Should be

#1012 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I will always defend someone’s right to say what they want. No one should have their God given rights taken away because someone disagrees with them.

Dude, you use the “free country” and First Amendment thing like every other post. You are aware how limited that protection is, don’t you? Like that it doesn’t mean you are free to say what you want on a private pinball forum, or in a private business or establishment? It only applies to government actions. You aren’t literally free to do anything anywhere because of the very limited rights assured you in that Constitution. Fed, state and local government action - that’s all it’s restricting.

#1013 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At least one of them had some pinball skills.[quoted image]

#1014 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Dude, you use the “free country” and First Amendment thing like every other post. You are aware how limited that protection is, don’t you? Like that it doesn’t mean you are free to say what you want on a private pinball forum, or in a private business or establishment? It only applies to government actions. You aren’t literally free to do anything anywhere because of the very limited rights assured you in that Constitution. Fed, state and local government action - that’s all it’s restricting.

Show me where I said anything about it applying to pinside.

I’m clearly talking about Kaneda’s rights to have a podcast.

The person that went to his company obviously is looking to control Kaneda’s life.

I don’t know about you, but that’s something I will never ever do.

If you don’t like Kaneda, don’t listen. If he committed slander or libel, then take him to court for damages. But to have him shut down with dirty methods? That’s immature bull crap. If you can’t see that then there is nothing I can do to help you see it.

BTW, the first amendment guarantees 5 different rights, not just 1.

#1015 3 years ago

Man, that’s some scattershooting. But whatever. I have the right to click ignore, Professor. Hasta la pasta.

#1016 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, that’s some scattershooting. But whatever. I have the right to click ignore, Professor. Hasta la pasta.

Scattershooting?

Whatever. I really don’t care.

Bye.

#1018 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At least one of them had some pinball skills.
    [quoted image]

Someone should make a retro Fonz themed game.

#1019 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Someone should make a retro Fonz themed game.

Isn’t the Jaws pin supposed to have a Fonzie mode?

#1020 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Well, if your argument here is that deciding to be not racist (sexist, fill in your blank here, etc.) and not actively promote things that are might be looked back on in 20 years as a "mistake", I'm honestly not sure I can help you see how wild of a take that is.
    I think this thread goes to show that literally nothing goes "unchecked" in 2020 - just take a look at the downvotes I got from suggesting that admitting just because something was "fine" in the past, it's ok to know better today that maybe it was not fine and contributing to the problems we're now facing. The Fox News boomer crowd is convinced that yelling "cancel culture" helps to validate their racism (or use your fill in the blank from above here) and pretend like it's everyone else that's wrong for being "offended". The only people that would see "cancel culture" as a mistake are people who view it like this (well, and people who use the phrase "cancel culture" earnestly and think it's an actual insult and not some cringy Fox News old guy sound bite). Calling it "holding people accountable" and see if it helps?

I think a big problem with what we are witnessing with cancel culture is that it's hypocritical many times, and thinly veiled at best. There are real actual victims that are marginalized and drowned out by large swaths of fair-weather glory seekers looking to bolster their online profiles and social media standing, or those acting out of spite to get a rush of dopamine their typical likes don't provide.

Corporations bend to social pressure - everyone knows it, they are simply protecting their stock price and revenue - people who pressure with a multitude of others feel like they delivered justice when holding a corporation to the fire and the cycle continues. Friends accuse friends of being intolerant if they don't weigh in on a situation (even though most won't because they are in fear of if being used against them)

What's now happening is many times the same people who decry bullying, intolerance, injustice are actively showing that when aligned with other like-minded people they act no better and in some cases worse, ruining peoples lives to get their warped sense of mob justice. If we don't have an aligned sense of morality, a standard, there is no depth to which it can't sink because everyone has their own idea of what it should be. The internet allows for the inmates to run the asylum if you will.

We have no real statute of limitations on what is said - this essentially conveys the message that no one can change or grow as a person. Yes if you post something terrible you must take accountability but who is the arbiter of when a person has learned a lesson or grown? Will the employee background check assess an individual's growth before it casts them to the no hire pile? Especially in today's difficult job market? I liken it to a person released from prison, they are rehabilitated but will never really get a chance to thrive.

Speaking of thriving, The media and political agendas literally thrive on the situation right now, further dividing the gap between people who actually think both sides are somehow different when they are really the same - our best interests are not represented, it's simply the methods in which they go about staying in relevance/power.

What we need are people to start taking accountability for their own actions, not blame someone or something else all the time - understand that people have different views and that discussion can still be had (not that you're immediately an enemy). True racism and injustice is abhorrent, but blanket stereotyping and carelessly attributing these labels can be dangerous, especially if it's done out of spite to target someone.

If you can't afford something don't buy it - there is no "best life" someone will have to pay eventually, don't believe the lies the media promise your life can be
    If you can't be there for your children - don't have them, don't leave them to be raised by the system who never gave a damn
    If you don't agree with someone - it's ok -it happens, the best things to have come about in this world are from a diverse people with different world views converging - don't just dismiss them, unfriend them, cancel them try to understand them first.
    Do onto others as you would have done to you (how did we forget this)

In the end we have a multitude of people who are angry all around - and it's justified in many cases (there is a long terrible history to point to) - but it feels like we are setting ourselves back in the middle of a pandemic, at one of our most vulnerable times as a species on this earth - we need to align and look forward knowing what our mistakes were, that's what history is for - not to be wiped away because its embarrassing.

Lastly,
    Kaneda is a perfect example of a narcissist, often forgetting and saying the exact opposite of what he spewed the podcast before it. I can appreciate he provided entertainment for people, but i'd bet it wasn't for their benefit. I don't wish bad things for the guy though.

#1021 3 years ago

Mariota is getting 8.8 to come in and challenge for the starting job. Kaepernick has been out of the league since the end of the 2016 season and wants 10 million as a backup. He’s not starter material anymore and he was pretty bad the last two years in San Fran. On top of that he’s been out of the league now for 3 years.

Cam newton, a former league mvp just signed for the league minimum with escalators to 7.5 million for the 2020 season to challenge for the starting job in New England. Kaepernick deserves 10 million to be a backup?

#1022 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Some people will do anything to try and defeat Kaneda from winning a 4th Twippy. Spoiler alert: he is going to win his 4th Twippy.

Which do feel is more important... the pinside top 100 or the twipys?

#1023 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There is, but it doesn't mean what you think it means. You can defend that right all you want but your true character shows when you challenge the things that are said and call them out as wrong, not just stand by and shrug. I never said anything about taking away anyone's rights, but an impressive Fox News-esque pivot nonetheless. I said that it's ok to admit some things are just bad ideas and we're better people than that (or so I can hope).

#1024 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Isn’t the Jaws pin supposed to have a Fonzie mode?

Jump the Shark mode has potential to be the best ever mode in pinball. I'm envisiging something like Bat Turn mode on B66. Lyman needs to be coding The Fonz. Would be freakin' awesome.

#1025 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Interesting. So....because Sharpton has associated with a guy that was pretty bad and might be somewhat on a kinda maybe similar-ish racist plane of existence as the GRAND WIZARD OF THE KU KLUX KLAN, you wanna jump onto the Apology Train for the guy that equated Duke and Sharpton, huh? Did we tilt that hard enough to make it align and get to the point we needed to make? What does Farrakhan have to do with anything!? Close is good enough for hand grenades, horseshoes and racist asshattery, I suppose.
    I bet nobody on the Sharpton point hates Charles Lindburgh with so much passion that you’d jump into an argument on a pinball forum to dogpile him.

Not that complicated. Just don’t like to see someone with a lifelong history of racist statements characterized as some guy who made a one time, bad decision, or just “associates” frequently with a virulent racist. No intent to minimize, detract or defend anything or anyone. I’ll go back to pinball banter; always hated when Kaneda veered into politics or personal stuff on a “pinball” podcast.

#1026 3 years ago

Much of the divisiveness that surrounds us could be prevented with better familiarity of enthymeme, syllogism and warrant. Ultimately most people do want good, on both sides of the political divide.

#1027 3 years ago

Whatever’s clever, man. You got your point across.

#1028 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

If you want to compare the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan to Al Sharpton, with a straight face, and suggest that they are comparably bad at being humans for whatever you perceive their slights to be — well, we probably don’t have much reason to converse at all about anything.

Yeah ok? Wow I love pinside

#1029 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

I think a big problem with what we are witnessing with cancel culture is that it's hypocritical many times, and thinly veiled at best. There are real actual victims that are marginalized and drowned out by large swaths of fair-weather glory seekers looking to bolster their online profiles and social media standing, or those acting out of spite to get a rush of dopamine their typical likes don't provide.
    Corporations bend to social pressure - everyone knows it, they are simply protecting their stock price and revenue - people who pressure with a multitude of others feel like they delivered justice when holding a corporation to the fire and the cycle continues. Friends accuse friends of being intolerant if they don't weigh in on a situation (even though most won't because they are in fear of if being used against them)
    What's now happening is many times the same people who decry bullying, intolerance, injustice are actively showing that when aligned with other like-minded people they act no better and in some cases worse, ruining peoples lives to get their warped sense of mob justice. If we don't have an aligned sense of morality, a standard, there is no depth to which it can't sink because everyone has their own idea of what it should be. The internet allows for the inmates to run the asylum if you will.
    We have no real statute of limitations on what is said - this essentially conveys the message that no one can change or grow as a person. Yes if you post something terrible you must take accountability but who is the arbiter of when a person has learned a lesson or grown? Will the employee background check assess an individual's growth before it casts them to the no hire pile? Especially in today's difficult job market? I liken it to a person released from prison, they are rehabilitated but will never really get a chance to thrive.
    Speaking of thriving, The media and political agendas literally thrive on the situation right now, further dividing the gap between people who actually think both sides are somehow different when they are really the same - our best interests are not represented, it's simply the methods in which they go about staying in relevance/power.
    What we need are people to start taking accountability for their own actions, not blame someone or something else all the time - understand that people have different views and that discussion can still be had (not that you're immediately an enemy). True racism and injustice is abhorrent, but blanket stereotyping and carelessly attributing these labels can be dangerous, especially if it's done out of spite to target someone.
    If you can't afford something don't buy it - there is no "best life" someone will have to pay eventually, don't believe the lies the media promise your life can be
    If you can't be there for your children - don't have them, don't leave them to be raised by the system who never gave a damn
    If you don't agree with someone - it's ok -it happens, the best things to have come about in this world are from a diverse people with different world views converging - don't just dismiss them, unfriend them, cancel them try to understand them first.
    Do onto others as you would have done to you (how did we forget this)
    In the end we have a multitude of people who are angry all around - and it's justified in many cases (there is a long terrible history to point to) - but it feels like we are setting ourselves back in the middle of a pandemic, at one of our most vulnerable times as a species on this earth - we need to align and look forward knowing what our mistakes were, that's what history is for - not to be wiped away because its embarrassing.
    Lastly,
    Kaneda is a perfect example of a narcissist, often forgetting and saying the exact opposite of what he spewed the podcast before it. I can appreciate he provided entertainment for people, but i'd bet it wasn't for their benefit. I don't wish bad things for the guy though.

Appreciate the well thought out response, definitely alot in here I agree with and I think we are on the same page. My whole point was that we SHOULD change as people. I'm sure we all have said stuff, myself included, that looking back makes you wonder what were you thinking. I think the difference we are seeing emerge now is the divide between the people who say "well that's my right to think it you can ignore me" and the people who realize why it was wrong and try and apply that to the future. Alot of the things people point to as "well it was fine before!", they stop there and never bother to think about why it isn't acceptable now, and REALLY don't stop to consider if it was fine before too.

Anyway I'm a broken record here but really did take your points well and appreciate it.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/21?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.