Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
    #901 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think we should all be ashamed the NeoGeo community is tougher than us.

I’m your Huckleberry. Bring ‘em on.

#902 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

And I missed you the entire time you were gone.
    No phone calls.
    No emails.
    Not even a friendly wave to me in your front yard at 3 am.
    Pfffft. Just when you think you know somebody, then BAM! Court order! And yes, I’m 500 feet away!

You, the judge, and that entire bus of bingo playing grandmas know what you did.

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You, the judge, and that entire bus of bingo playing grandmas know what you did.

10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    #904 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I kinda wish Robin would take a minute step in and just educate folks as to how many fake alias accounts he had many years after he was banned from Pinside, I'm going to guess way more than 10.

I got money that says he is still here and among us.

#905 3 years ago

The Antichris?

#906 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He tried to move on to Neo Geo collecting. Guess what happened? Bet you get it one.
    [quoted image]
    You have to have an account to see posts on that forum, so I won't bother linking it. Do your own detective work if you like. I read a sample of his posts, they're the same old same old same old. Except the Neo Geo forums are a lot nastier than Pinside, so it escalated a lot faster. That Neo Geo community is ... special.
    I don't even care what he's lying or not about. The "joke" about getting me fired, who ratted him out, if it even happened, whatever. You want my opinion though? That forum would 100% fuck someone over like that. Either way I'm over it. I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.
    Hope y'all find a podcast to make you happy.

I've been there for years and years. Those guys do not give a single fuck. They will eat him alive.

Edit: I scoped it out. Sure enough, they're lighting him up. These guys won't ban him, they'll just insult him to kingdome come forever for their own amusement.

#907 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Look, Chris could be lying about all of this, I'm not gonna point fingers (or even care), but the NG forum has a shit rep for a reason. Everything you said is true, he got busted for showing up, not contributing, and trying to get deals. But it's also a toxic place, and you know it's not always contained just inside that forum.

Been on there since 2007 man. Requires thick skin and its a different culture compared to other forums, but it has always been that way. Can't say the same for KLOV for example. Every forum has drama, toxic types, scammers, and more. DS and Mitsu are good guys and I've supported them since before AP and defended them. AP has grown and now its really getting into a teething stage like every other has. There are things not contained within that forum now. Ppl banned that hold personal grudges for some reason. But also remember, a good amount of NG members helped build up AP since day one and have contributed greatly with that forum and being civil doing it.

There are plenty of toxic FB groups out there. AtariAge is far from a saint and has its inner circles and favoritism. Then there are a few long gone console forums like PCFX that had even worse reps. How NG has survived is beyond me. Assholes got older and have tolerated each other over the years I guess. The forum is over 20yrs old now and its not for everyone.

#908 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

As someone who is a part of TPN I have received literally ZERO direction from Zach or anyone else on the network. They allowed people to submit a podcast for their “off the record” episodes so I recorded one and emailed Zach asking where to send it. They listened to it, said they liked it and posted it. Apparently it did well and they emailed me saying if I wanted to do more I was welcome to and to just email them the dropbox link when I’m done. That’s it. I’m five episodes in with not a single word of direction or criticism from the rest of TPN. I know I could have started this on my own but I appreciate the listener base TPN has given me access to. I’ve really enjoyed it so far and appreciate Zach and Dennis for giving me a shot.
    Not trying to promo myself too much here but half of episode 5 is all about my thoughts on Kaneda. Overall I will miss the entertainment he brought multiple times a week even though I didn’t agree with a lot of what he preached.

My bad...it’s the people that decided to join the club when told to pick a side. If true that is what I find as absolute bullshit.

#909 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

Been on there since 2007 man. Requires thick skin and its a different culture compared to other forums, but it has always been that way. Can't say the same for KLOV for example. Every forum has drama, toxic types, scammers, and more. DS and Mitsu are good guys and I've supported them since before AP and defended them. AP has grown and now its really getting into a teething stage like every other has. There are things not contained within that forum now. Ppl banned that hold personal grudges for some reason. But also remember, a good amount of NG members helped build up AP since day one and have contributed greatly with that forum and being civil doing it.

As with any forum community the direction comes from the moderation. Neo Geo forums have trollish moderation, Rot just cackles over stuff. Arcade-Projects is pretty heavy handed, Darksoft and Mitsu straight up delete things they don't want there. For Pinside Robin tries to keep things friendly and frankly gives more chances than anyone else.

To get banned here permanently you have to just constantly cross the line, over and over. Think on that.

My moderation style at Ars Technica is moderately heavy handed, in that I simply don't tolerate bullshit. I know what happens when you let certain things slide, so I don't. Given the tens of thousands of paid subscribers we have it's a model that appeals to many people, but some chafe at it.

Gotta find your spot. And learn to read the room when you first get there.

#910 3 years ago

Making an account just to read that thread on neo-geo was so worth it. Also Chris seems to be a liar, claiming both pinside and the neo-geo forum contacted his boss? something isn't lining up.

#911 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Well the dick show is the podcast I was talking about, and believe me, he still loves ripping on maddox all the time on his show too. Of course it cost him 15k to defend himself from a frivolous lawsuit, and some people (like Asterios) lost their jobs because of it. I am certain that Kaneda knows Asterios and at least knows some of what happened to him. It just makes sense in my eyes, hearing what Chris said, and knowing what happened to Asterios working for the same company.
    WATP is a great podcast too btw

Yeah....I love WATP. I'm a Patreon subscriber. I'm sure you've checked out the episodes that discuss the whole Maddox/Asterios situation.

Karl and Dick "review" Maddoxs' new book, "F%$^ Whales" in the newest Patreon episode. Haven't heard it yet but can't wait.

Also am a fan of the Shamus/ Stuttering John/ Opie takes.

#912 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Making an account just to read that thread on neo-geo was so worth it. Also Chris seems to be a liar, claiming both pinside and the neo-geo forum contacted his boss? something isn't lining up.

Weren’t the neo geo posts dated 2013? Or did I misread that? How many times has his work been contacted about his online antics? Haha

#913 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weren’t the neo geo posts dated 2013? Or did I misread that? How many times has his work been contacted about his online antics? Haha

No, that’s the date he joined that forum.

#914 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How many times has his work been contacted about his online antics? Haha

This most recent time is the second one that I'm aware of. The first time was a few months into his first year of podcasting.
    His boss didn't care at the time.

#915 3 years ago

The dude is a turd wherever he goes.

Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #916 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReplicaX:

Been on there since 2007 man. Requires thick skin and its a different culture compared to other forums, but it has always been that way

What is it about Neo Geo that makes the collectors/scene so weird, toxic and brutal? Has anyone broken down the psychology behind it or how it got that way? It’s so bizarre.

#917 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What is it about Neo Geo that makes the collectors/scene so weird, toxic and brutal? Has anyone broken down the psychology behind it or how it got that way? It’s so bizarre.

No idea, but I know my wife gets pissed when I beat her at puzzle bobble.

#918 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

The dude is a turd wherever he goes.

Ha, reading through the Hellcat thread was a blast from the past, reminder of all the good things Kaneda brought to Pinside. Why did Robin ever ban him?!?

#919 3 years ago

Resurrected from Hellcat threads , this dude is surely on a lot of minds , “love to hate” , keep the fire going , The pinball community needs a controversial critic , right on man keep the entertainment going Chris !

#920 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s the song that came out cause it never leaves your head and turns you into an insane person.

NEO GEO NEO GEO, FOUR BRIGHT BUTTONS AND 2 JOYSTICKS!

#921 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

NAM-1975 must be everyone's favorite game.

#922 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It’s the song that came out cause it never leaves your head and turns you into an insane person.

lol. classic.

#923 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Great song , could be a contender for a new ringtone .
    I currently have The Simpsons Canyonero song . Sometimes I like to let it ring till I get to the
    " Squirrel squasher dear smacking machine " bit.

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I've been there for years and years. Those guys do not give a single fuck. They will eat him alive.
    Edit: I scoped it out. Sure enough, they're lighting him up. These guys won't ban him, they'll just insult him to kingdome come forever for their own amusement.

So, a bunch of cartridge collectors, fans of a long dead gaming system, finally have someone to harass and bully?

#925 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, I'll take a shot at it.

I've been collecting since 1998. The scene had two giant douche bags that ran a lot of things. Chris and Dion. I feel these guys sorta created the negative vibe and collecter their own cronies that wanted to be like them. They tried to take things over by buying up tons of snk items, literally shredding inserts and remaking (fixing, they called it) their own. Dion Dakis in particular was a piece of shit. Full of himself, well to do, and somehow made NeoGeo collecting both prestigious and douchey.

Many of the collectors were NOT this way, but when you're poster child was a huge fuck head that was in your face for years, it started to make the rest of us grow into a callus bunch of misfits as well. Combine that with everyone knowing everyone for years and years, things would get a little dysfunctional.

That's my stab at it.

Quoted from PoMC:

So, a bunch of cartridge collectors, fans of a long dead gaming system, finally have someone to harass and bully?

Not that simple. The majority of those boys stopped collecting for years. They sorta are institutionalized and just hang out there. I no longer collect but go back now and then. When you have years and years of interacting with people, it is sorta hard to leave.

#926 3 years ago

Be cool if Chris lived on through another podcaster... kind of mentor him/her like Palpatine to vader, lol.
    But chris could do this under cover, and give his apprentice all the juicy tidbits of industry news and talking points.

This is the loop hole... do u hear me chris?

Now who could be the Chosen One?

#927 3 years ago

Yeah the neo geo forums aren’t to bad as long as you have thick skin or just lurk. I’ve actually met more people in real life on those forums then any other ones I’ve been on. I don’t go there much any more but it’s always fun to stop by and check in. Seems to have the craziest people join it and is usually entertaining.

#928 3 years ago

What I'll miss most about his podcast and FB page is all the industry news and rumors. Granted he was wrong a lot of times however he was also right sometimes as well. Even if he was only right 25% of the time that is still 25% more then we get from any other podcasts. The only thing TPN does is debunk his rumors when they are inaccurate and now that he is gone we won't get anything because they are scared of the backlash from the manufactures.

I will also miss how he reported out what was going on in the hobby and on Pinside. Having multiple podcats every week helped out because I don't have the time to read all the threads to stay current.

He was not a role model and everyone knows he was no saint however I enjoyed his podcasts and there is a reason he won the TWIPY 3 times in a row. I cannot believe how some people get worked up over a podcast and if that sets you off then I would hate to see how react to things in life that are actually important.

#929 3 years ago

I had no idea that Kman was involved and "loved" by so many over other forumns.

#930 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I had no idea that Kman was involved and "loved" by so many over other forumns.

Sure Kman could be an arsehole , but he was our arsehole
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpgIMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg

#931 3 years ago

Kmans reaction to being banned.

#932 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything really ...

lol .. sure you are
    not that I actually care, but you definitely are

#933 3 years ago

It's really easy to jump on this after dude hangs up the show. However, if you're methods involve going through someones employer to take them out, you're a pu**y. Simple as that. Total pu**y a** piece of sh*t. If you were not a fan of his podcast, don't listen. Otherwise, leave the guy alone. It's a free country.

#934 3 years ago
    Quoted from coniferpinball:

It's really easy to jump on this after dude hangs up the show. However, if you're methods involve going through someones employer to take them out, you're a pu**y. Simple as that. Total pu**y a** piece of sh*t. If you were not a fan of his podcast, don't listen. Otherwise, leave the guy alone. It's a free country.

It’s this whole cancel culture, which is just not sustainable.

We are humans. Humans are imperfect. We make mistakes. We are free thinking people. I just want to know why so many people have forgotten about this.

Look at Married with Children. Back in the 80’s, no one would take that woman from Michigan seriously. Today? Forget it. The show would be pulled off the air.

#935 3 years ago

I'm gonna miss K-Man's podcast. At first, with his banned reputation, it would be a curiosity of cringe to listen to his podcast. But then, it matured. After a while, he had guests on the show. He had episodes no longer than 90 minutes(The magic podcast limit). He had industry news & rumors faster than pinballnews.com could make a web page about. No news? No episode. That simple.

No sponsors? Freedom to say anything. Any one episode was better than a 3-hour episode of boring tournament talk, or reading off of press releases. Suddenly insider information started to leak towards him. Is he a loudmouth? Of course. Hey, east coast. That's why it's fun to listen to. It's never boring. Let's face it, a podcast about pinball needs spicing up in the bedroom.

He's Tonya Harding in the world of Nancy Kerrigans.
    He's the Tiger King in a world of Carole Baskins. The guy with the #1 Netflix show at the time.

With three TWIPY awards, a lot of people seem to agree.

I wish I had a tenth of the energy he had to make fun podcasts.

#936 3 years ago

On my morning walk, I tried listening to two other podcasts, doesn't matter which ones. Couldn't take it and after many "30 second skip" button presses, just went back to music. Other podcasts can learn from Kaneda's successful Podcast: skip all the bullshit filler like asking co-hosts what they've been up to since last episode. Also, TV shows have a shorter intro than most podcasts. Make your point, stay on topic (pinball) and realize you aren't being paid by the minute.

I enjoy the Silverball Chronicles, now that Kaneda is gone, this one is the best. But only had 10 minutes left of the recent Gottlieb episode so tried to find something else.

#937 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Now who could be the Chosen One?

I'm thinking about it......

#938 3 years ago

I began as a Kaneda hater and remember getting a PM from him after my calling him a Jpop sycophant. It was a reasonable message from him and we had a respectable private exchange. Afterward I would see him flare up on Pinside and I went back to arguing and mocking him which is my childish way. And speaking of childish ways, it was comforting to see so many of you playing in the sandbox with me.

When he came out with his first podcast, I eagerly tuned in to witness a Pee Wee Playhouse disaster and imagined how much laughter I would glean from it. To my surprise, it wasn't what I imagined and the show actually had some polish to it. The shows got better, although flawed in many, many ways, and I found him extremely entertaining and eventually I became a regular.

I find it remarkable that someone could get a permanent ban on Pinside (well deserved) followed by a long period of time when we were punished for speaking his name, and yet he made a come back. For him to become the most talk about personality with a number one podcast is impressive. Thats some evil genius shit right there and I admire his tenacity.

And I know I'm not alone. Over time I've seen many of his former haters now supporting him as I do. To each their own.

#939 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

On my morning walk, I tried listening to two other podcasts, doesn't matter which ones. Couldn't take it and after many "30 second skip" button presses, just went back to music. Other podcasts can learn from Kaneda's successful Podcast: skip all the bullshit filler like asking co-hosts what they've been up to since last episode. Also, TV shows have a shorter intro than most podcasts. Make your point, stay on topic (pinball) and realize you aren't being paid by the minute.

This 100%

#940 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It’s this whole cancel culture, which is just not sustainable.
    We are humans. Humans are imperfect. We make mistakes. We are free thinking people. I just want to know why so many people have forgotten about this.
    Look at Married with Children. Back in the 80’s, no one would take that woman from Michigan seriously. Today? Forget it. The show would be pulled off the air.

No one has "forgotten about it", they just choose to acknowledge it and own it and try and be aware of it and correct it going forward. The people that say things like "well this was totally cool in the 60s but wouldn't fly today!" or just scream "cancel culture" whenever something racist is called out are just either hiding their head in the sand or still agree with antiquated viewpoints.

We are imperfect and make mistakes, and that's why we don't let the crap from "back in the 80s" that was totally "cool" on the air today. It's not because everyone is a libtard snowflake, it's because we know it's wrong. I don't even know what "woman from Michigan" is, but you seem to be aware it wasn't appropriate since it "would be pulled off the air". That doesn't make you a cancel culture libtard socialist, it makes you a human who is learning from their mistakes. That's a good thing to recognize, not a bad thing.

#941 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

No one has "forgotten about it", they just choose to acknowledge it and own it and try and be aware of it and correct it going forward. The people that say things like "well this was totally cool in the 60s but wouldn't fly today!" or just scream "cancel culture" whenever something racist is called out are just either hiding their head in the sand or still agree with antiquated viewpoints.
    We are imperfect and make mistakes, and that's why we don't let the crap from "back in the 80s" that was totally "cool" on the air today. It's not because everyone is a libtard snowflake, it's because we know it's wrong. I don't even know what "woman from Michigan" is, but you seem to be aware it wasn't appropriate since it "would be pulled off the air". That doesn't make you a cancel culture libtard socialist, it makes you a human who is learning from their mistakes. That's a good thing to recognize, not a bad thing.

I personally love the cancel culture. The left eating eachother!

#942 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I enjoy the Silverball Chronicles, now that Kaneda is gone, this one is the best. But only had 10 minutes left of the recent Gottlieb episode so tried to find something else.

100% - I love listening to Zach and Dennis but I have to FF through so much of it to get to the meat
    Wish they would shorten it up to under an hour

#943 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I agree that other podcasts waste way too much time talking about unrelated stuff to the point where I don't listen to any other pinball podcasts, but kaneda also wasted a ton of time on fake rumors, twipy campaigning/bragging, bragging in general, whining about pinside whining... In the end, I'm not so sure he wasn't wasting people's time any less than anyone else.

#944 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

In the end, I'm not so sure he wasn't wasting people's time any less than anyone else.

I guess there's a skill in wasting people's time without making it too obvious.

#945 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, this is definitely what is happening and makes total sense.

#946 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So are you saying that the right does not participate in the cancel culture? SMH

#947 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I guess there's a skill in wasting people's time without making it too obvious.

Entertainment.

#948 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

So are you saying that the right does not participate in the cancel culture? SMH

Yeah Kathy Griffin didn’t work for 3 years because she needed a vacation and Colin K hasn’t thrown a pass in 4 seasons cause he felt like needed a break lol.

Nothing worse than people who think their shit don’t stink and these people who try to assign a political "side" to “cancel culture” are among the worst.

#949 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

We are imperfect and make mistakes, and that's why we don't let the crap from "back in the 80s" that was totally "cool" on the air today. It's not because everyone is a libtard snowflake, it's because we know it's wrong.

how can we profess to know something to be unequivocally 'wrong', when humans are imperfect and capable of mistakes ? just because we are in the here in now doesnt mean what we doing today is right. isnt it possible that how we deal with matters today are the real mistakes and that the 80s were just hunky-dory ? who is to say that mankind wont be looking back at 2020 as a pivotal point in the degradation of society, and that unchecked political correctness/cancel culture was one of the biggest human mistakes of all time.

#950 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

And I know I'm not alone. Over time I seen many of his former haters now supporting him as I do. To each their own.

I can say I honestly used to hate him. We buried the hatchet over a few things and I actually was a guest on one of his podcasts. The guy is a sociopathic evil genius and I called him to the floor for it on his podcast. I mean here, I start calling him Special K here on pinside after he was banned and his next video he has a box of Special K front and center on the opening minutes. We all know he reads all of this and loves it. He knows how to play both sides of any coin, it's just when he gets caught and feels he has to make that person suffer, such as with Aurich, Whysnow, the pinball tournament, is where I still have issues with him. I do not agree with some of his purchasing habits either. I learned it was much easier to point and laugh instead of antagonizing him. Hell, 6 months ago, out of the blue he emails and says lets catch up, come back on the show. He liked that I am one of those love me or hate me types here on Pinside and that I don't care which side someone lands. He spoke his mind, and as crazy as his mind is at times, he had the balls to do it. Agree or disagree, I give him full props for that. The evil genius, well, he is in all of our minds right now, isn't he?

Well done or well planned? I still am not sure either.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/19?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.