Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.
    #851 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

nope.. podbean is just a redirect of soundcloud

Yep , you're right , they're all there , they just don't play .

Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png
    #852 3 years ago

BillySastard post above was so good that I wished the thread would be retitled. Kaneda was bitch slapped by Karma. That should be enough to get people talking.

#853 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A post above was so good that I wished the thread would be retitled. Kaneda was bitch slapped today by Karma.

I see a lot of these types of comments, and he cites it in his closing as well.. but could you please explain to me with any evidence the bad things he did which were not just a legitimate expression of opinion? i.e., This designer has an attitude, so and so is a loser.. of course, subjective etc.. but it is an opinion, and it is not particularly personal, with the exception of some cases, where he made comments about lawlor and a toxic workplace.. but quite frankly, there is an opportunity to dispute this.. in the end.. still just an opinion?

#854 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He tried to move on to Neo Geo collecting. Guess what happened? Bet you get it one.
    [quoted image]
    You have to have an account to see posts on that forum, so I won't bother linking it. Do your own detective work if you like. I read a sample of his posts, they're the same old same old same old. Except the Neo Geo forums are a lot nastier than Pinside, so it escalated a lot faster. That Neo Geo community is ... special.
    I don't even care what he's lying or not about. The "joke" about getting me fired, who ratted him out, if it even happened, whatever. You want my opinion though? That forum would 100% fuck someone over like that. Either way I'm over it. I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.
    Hope y'all find a podcast to make you happy.

They don't care or give a fuck about Chris. The majority of that forum never heard of him. They roasted him because he came to that forum without reading the rules and tried breaking them. Chris just expected market access. They do this with everyone, regardless of "status". It's part of the forum's heritage. Ppl roast on here all the time, not really different Aurich. An overpriced Sales Thread here is very similar. The difference is NG forum has historically never crossed that line. Even with high end $25k+ scammers, as they go privately to the authorities to resolve it.

He has now changed his story several times. What happened to his company not naming names and him not giving a fuck on his last podcast? Only thing he proved to the NG community is he is an attention whore and pretends to have all this money. Even pulled his "$10,000" typical BS line. NG doesn't care about money. You earn Market Access by contributing to the forums.

#855 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man. I’m not sure how he has time for a day job when he so busy getting kicked off EVERYTHING online.

Honestly, they were probably just as upset with him for wasting company time as they were with him having a checkered online persona.

It is amusing he is getting into Neo Geo stuff though. I think he's addicted to finding niche hobbies with deep pockets.

Anyhow, I always found Chris entertaining. He's a mess of a person, but the kind of car wreck you can't look away from.

His contributions to the hobby were significant, although hard to quantify and it greatly varies from person to person. He probably had just as many legitimate good points and insights as bad takes.

Hope the best for him and his family. Now Macho can finally claim title as the People's Champion.

#856 3 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

I see a lot of these types of comments, and he cites it in his closing as well.. but could you please explain to me with any evidence the bad things he did which were not just a legitimate expression of opinion? i.e., This designer has an attitude, so and so is a loser.. of course, subjective etc.. but it is an opinion, and it is not particularly personal, with the exception of some cases, where he made comments about lawlor and a toxic workplace.. but quite frankly, there is an opportunity to dispute this.. in the end.. still just an opinion?

Having com in well after Kaneda's ban, the only thing I could really fault him for was his drink throwing incident at New York City Championship. And having listened to him for a year or two, he probably does have a legitimate problem with anger and alcohol.

Everything else seemed like fairly typical online bullshit/trolling/argumenting/taunting. Immature sure, but mostly just a loud mouth popping off and refusing to be silent out of spite (I'm amazed at how long the spite drove his podcast)

#857 3 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

but could you please explain to me with any evidence the bad things he did which were not just a legitimate expression of opinion?

Search "whysnow" in this thread. Seems Kaneda went well beyond a bit of industry bashing in his case.

#858 3 years ago

Anybody else here dying to see those other 4 neoGeo post?
    I had to take a Xanax 20 minutes ago thanks to Aurichs breaking news : )

#859 3 years ago

To everyone saying how it was such a 'dick Move" to go to his employer......you do realize you are taking his word for all of this right?

Like him or not, we have no proof of any of this either way outside of what he claims. My dad always told me to believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.........and based on the special effects these days, I am going to alter that a bit to believe nothing! lol

#860 3 years ago

Didn't Canada write another "I'm out" post on RGP when he was getting squeezed by some industry forces years back, or was that a lie too?

#861 3 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]

IKR...wtf did he write in those other 4 posts?
    Damn, Neo Geo Collectors do proper Curb Stomps.

I dunno why it says he has only 5 posts, he has 31. And that forum is something else, everyone in the arcade community knows the rep there. I'll give you a sample of the replies he was getting, and you can just guess what the rest of the conversation was like. You gotta give points to doing original drawings though.

uAhjbZk (resized).pnguAhjbZk (resized).png

Quoted from ReplicaX:

They don't care or give a fuck about Chris. The majority of that forum never heard of him. They roasted him because he came to that forum without reading the rules and tried breaking them. Chris just expected market access. They do this with everyone, regardless of "status". It's part of the forum's heritage. Ppl roast on here all the time, not really different Aurich. An overpriced Sales Thread here is very similar. The difference is NG forum has historically never crossed that line. Even with high end $25k+ scammers, as they go privately to the authorities to resolve it.
    He has now changed his story several times. What happened to his company not naming names and him not giving a fuck on his last podcast? Only thing he proved to the NG community is he is an attention whore and pretends to have all this money. Even pulled his "$10,000" typical BS line. NG doesn't care about money. You earn Market Access by contributing to the forums.

Look, Chris could be lying about all of this, I'm not gonna point fingers (or even care), but the NG forum has a shit rep for a reason. Everything you said is true, he got busted for showing up, not contributing, and trying to get deals. But it's also a toxic place, and you know it's not always contained just inside that forum.

#862 3 years ago

31?

.....and another Xanax

#863 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You gotta give points to doing original drawings though.

Kind of puts Pinside to shame.

I'm not joining a NEOGEO site just to read that thread, but the comment snippets that turn up in the google search summaries are something else (presumably no relation to the order they were posted in):

• "There's some links that say he uses the online handle 'Kaneda'."
    • "If that's the guy (which it probably is) he's the last person anyone should sell MVS games to."
    • "If we beat him at a fighting game he'll work for free?"
    • "your lie about going to sleep falls flat by this high tech forum feature right?"
    • "What's next $100,000 for my Q Grand-Am 25? After all it's R@RER than a Porsche. Your sarcasm aside. What did you expect"
    • "Who wants me to draw this guy's wife? I will entertain suggestions. Yeah, I could use some new material for tonight Bratwurst."
    • "Preferably with a Redfield ™ Brand cum jar and laughing at Kaneda's absolute lack of quality MVS suppository cartridges"
    #864 3 years ago

That's a small foot ha ha.

#865 3 years ago

But aurich you posting a reply as an example only makes Chris look like the person being hurt. And that is exactly how he convinced others it's not him. Look at all the mean things people are saying on Pinside about me.

I kinda wish Robin would take a minute step in and just educate folks as to how many fake alias accounts he had many years after he was banned from Pinside, I'm going to guess way more than 10.

#867 3 years ago

Who knew Zach was not only an artist with a mic but also with a pencil?
    Nice sketch.... almost as good as Puppet Palz!

How much for the original?

#868 3 years ago

Don't know the creator but that piano work was really outstanding. The voices and content where for folks with better hearimg.

#869 3 years ago

Agree... but gotta give points for originality

#870 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I think part of the problem is that some podcasters and content providers were approached to "choose sides".

Stephcorn.gifStephcorn.gif

#871 3 years ago

I really enjoyed Final Round podcast. Marty also rated Jurassic Park topper the worst of his top 5, so not only stern-kissing

#872 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

But aurich you posting a reply as an example only makes Chris look like the person being hurt. And that is exactly how he convinced others it's not him. Look at all the mean things people are saying on Pinside about me.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything really, the drawing was just too high effort to not pick as the example. Clearly some people on Pinside either have short memories, or weren't around when Chris got banned here. It's the same old story again.

As ReplicaX said, the Neo Geo forum has a low tolerance for people rolling in, not contributing anything, and just trying to buy games. It's not a store, it's a community. Chris reacted badly to them doing their standard gatekeeping to new users who don't want to add anything before they get their wallet out, and that forum is happy to have a good old fashioned pile on. I rarely ever posted there before and I haven't in years because I don't really enjoy the vibe there personally.

Honestly neither side looks great for it.

Personally I think it's incredibly strange that there are apparently so many weird political sides to making podcasts. I did the Coast 2 Coast podcast years ago, and I feel like my memory is Nate told me it had 14k listens. Which is great, very cool, but it's pretty small potatoes stuff. Feels like a bunch of fish in a bowl fighting over who gets to swim inside the plastic castle that day.

Why not just make content you're proud of on one side, and listen to who you want on the other? All this network stuff seems kind of silly to me, but I don't really follow any of it.

#873 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not joining a NEOGEO site just to read that thread,

Same here...site is being described as Dante’s 10th circle of hell.

For some reason I’m..getting....very......... sleeeepy : (

#874 3 years ago

This is starting to shift to TPN a little to much folks, let's focus on the herpes of pinball moving on with life. Go make a baby or something.

This clip kinda what TPN is bloody Romans !

#875 3 years ago

I think we should all be ashamed the NeoGeo community is tougher than us.

#876 3 years ago

Ill call bull, I saw someone took a picture of a guys back once.

#877 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think we should all be ashamed the NeoGeo community is tougher than us.

Idk. We at least get new games to collect. Things gotta be bleak over there. (Although a Windjammers 2 and a new Metal Slug are in the works - just not for the MVS)

#878 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He tried to move on to Neo Geo collecting. Guess what happened? Bet you get it one.
    [quoted image]
    You have to have an account to see posts on that forum, so I won't bother linking it. Do your own detective work if you like. I read a sample of his posts, they're the same old same old same old. Except the Neo Geo forums are a lot nastier than Pinside, so it escalated a lot faster. That Neo Geo community is ... special.
    I don't even care what he's lying or not about. The "joke" about getting me fired, who ratted him out, if it even happened, whatever. You want my opinion though? That forum would 100% fuck someone over like that. Either way I'm over it. I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.
    Hope y'all find a podcast to make you happy.

Holy shit the Neo guys got him huh?

Yeah they're brutal over there. I can imagine Kaneda being Kaneda didn't fly very far.

#879 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think we should all be ashamed the NeoGeo community is tougher than us

Those damn video game kidz killed our arcades and now .......

they killed kaneda!!!

#880 3 years ago

3 more days for you guys.

Then Sitting Shiva over the loss of a Podcast is over.

Holy cow.

#881 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

3 more days for you guys.
    Then Sitting Shiva over the loss of a Podcast is over.
    Holy cow.

But what are we supposed to do with all this chopped liver and Whitefish salad?!

#882 3 years ago

Id love myself some fried liver and smoked white fish.

With capers ofcourse. And anchovis.

#883 3 years ago

My nerd side is coming out...I see a lot of Ferengi Rules of Acquisition that could be applied to this situation.

33 It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
    48 The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
    60 Keep your lies consistent.
    62 The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
    68 Risk doesn't always equal reward.
    76 Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
    85 Never let the competition know what you're thinking.
    88 It ain't over 'til its over.
    88 Vengeance will cost you everything.
    95 Expand or die.
    97 Enough... is never enough.
    99 Trust is the biggest liability of all.
    117 You can't free a fish from water.
    248 The definition of insanity is trying the same failed scheme & expecting different results.
    288 Never get into anything that you can't get out of.

#884 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I think part of the problem is that some podcasters and content providers were approached to "choose sides".
    Support The Network or support others in the hobby like Kaneda and Jack Danger and others (like TWIP), etc.

If true screw the network. One big infomercial.

#885 3 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Thats abit binary. Have you ever listened to the Silverball Chronicles from TPN?

Best podcast ever.

#886 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

203 - New customers are like razor-toothed gree worms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.

#887 3 years ago

I only listened when he was slagging off my old boss, Andy Heighway.....and everything he said was true. No one believed him and people lost money.

Seems like a nice guy and a dick move by someone to go after him.

But no way does he walk away for good. Not in his character to quit.

#888 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Seems like a nice guy

A fresh take after 18 pages! Wouldn't have thought even his biggest fans would give him the dreaded "nice guy" label.

#889 3 years ago

Lol I don't really believe the Neo forum really did him in, but WOW. That thread is something else. It makes Pinside AT IT'S WORST look like a walk in a park on a sunny day.

"Funny how most of the active ppl on this forum didn't even know who Kaneda was til this thread. So why would anyone find out his employer over normal NG roasting every new member gets here. Your claims are better suited for Pinside and KLOV. You know, 2 sites you were banned from pissing off ppl that would actually call your employer like a dick.

You haven't pissed anyone off here, just the normal weenie roast and some entertaining troll pictures. Ppl here don't care to even know who you work for or that you had a pinball podcast. Be thankful you even got some attention."

#890 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I only listened when he was slagging off my old boss, Andy Heighway.....and everything he said was true. No one believed him and people lost money.
    Seems like a nice guy and a dick move by someone to go after him.
    But no way does he walk away for good. Not in his character to quit.

By then, we all knew what Andrew was up to.

It wasn’t a secret and if you had a game on order you knew what the risk was or should have been at that point.

Just like Jpop, ShitB or anyone else.

Where were you sounding the alarms?

#891 3 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

As someone who is a part of TPN I have received literally ZERO direction from Zach or anyone else on the network. They allowed people to submit a podcast for their “off the record” episodes so I recorded one and emailed Zach asking where to send it. They listened to it, said they liked it and posted it. Apparently it did well and they emailed me saying if I wanted to do more I was welcome to and to just email them the dropbox link when I’m done. That’s it. I’m five episodes in with not a single word of direction or criticism from the rest of TPN. I know I could have started this on my own but I appreciate the listener base TPN has given me access to. I’ve really enjoyed it so far and appreciate Zach and Dennis for giving me a shot.

Not trying to promo myself too much here but half of episode 5 is all about my thoughts on Kaneda. Overall I will miss the entertainment he brought multiple times a week even though I didn’t agree with a lot of what he preached.

#892 3 years ago

We're getting the band back together! Anyone know where Vid is? (IBTL)

#893 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lol I don't really believe the Neo forum really did him in, but WOW. That thread is something else. It makes Pinside AT IT'S WORST look like a walk in a park on a sunny day.

That place has its own culture, and it's not welcoming to outsiders. Big surprise, imagine if there were only 158 pins ever made, and the last one was Elvis and nobody has made one since (last Neo Geo game was in 2004). Then imagine Robin was a crackhead and basically moderated everything here the exact opposite of what he does. Pinside would probably be a pretty different place.

Quoted from iceman44:

By then, we all knew what Andrew was up to.

I mean, we kinda thought we did, but nobody knew how fucked up it really was. I was still finding out horrible things over a year after it all officially collapsed.

#894 3 years ago

My advice to Chris was let it go and focus on your job, family and life. Things that matter.

Most people never really got it. It was 100% about entertainment value and having a point of view.

He did a good job of that. It was entertaining because of his personality. Which also ended up being his downfall. When you dish out a raft of shit non stop you better be prepared for what’s coming back at you.

The hate Stern mantra has a strong following.

As for supporting the “consumer”, if anyone buys a game based on what Zach says positive wise or Kaneda negative POV then you need to have your head examined.

It’s all just entertainment to enjoy or not. When you spend thousands of $$$ on a game it’s all about YOU!

Play the game, listen to all pov’s and then decide on yes or no. Your POV is the most important FFS.

#895 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That place has its own culture, and it's not welcoming to outsiders. Big surprise, imagine if there were only 158 pins ever made, and the last one was Elvis and nobody has made one since (last Neo Geo game was in 2004). Then imagine Robin was a crackhead and basically moderated everything here the exact opposite of what he does. Pinside would probably be a pretty different place.

I mean, we kinda thought we did, but nobody knew how fucked up it really was. I was still finding out horrible things over a year after it all officially collapsed.

It’s because he was trying to cross the finish line and didn’t.

We’ve talked about it Aurich. Shit happens.

I’m happy that you, David Thiel and PB completed a phenomenal game at the end of the day.

Yes I lost some $$$. The deposit. I’m glad you got to sell your game and move on

#897 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

My advice to Chris was let it go and focus on your job, family and life. Things that matter.

Good advice. I took a year off from Pinside, was helpful for me personally.

It's just a game. They're big wooden boxes with metal balls, it's not worth getting so worked up over that it starts to ruin you life in any way.

I'm hanging around here again now, and it's fun and fine, but I'd walk away again in a heartbeat if it got stressful for any reason. I have zero interest in the drama.

#898 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Those damn video game kidz killed our arcades and now .......
    they killed kaneda!!!

Relax man. Here’s another Xanax. There ya go...

#899 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's just a game. They're big wooden boxes with metal balls, it's not worth getting so worked up over that it starts to ruin you life in any way.
    I'm hanging around here again now, and it's fun and fine, but I'd walk away again in a heartbeat if it got stressful for any reason. I have zero interest in the drama.

During that same time frame Chris was working to get a Magic Girl. HARD

And he did. We had conversations about it.

While he was exposing Heighway he was blind to the Jpop scam.

Yet, Alien is a great game that is being remade while Magic Girl is an epic POS

#900 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

And I missed you the entire time you were gone.
    No phone calls.
    No emails.
    Not even a friendly wave to me in your front yard at 3 am.

Pfffft. Just when you think you know somebody, then BAM! Court order! And yes, I’m 500 feet away!

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/18?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.