Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.
    #801 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

We all miss some of these. The new reality is that the clever marketing by certain individuals to create the TPN Stern sycophant suck zone has taken the air away from some other objective voices. With the loss of Kaneda we are just going to get all lollipops and rainbows from the manufacturers mouths to TPN's ears and blasted out to the masses in another infomercial to drive sales - Buy, Buy, Buy

And we are still waiting for evidence of this. I can see why you liked Kaneda so much.

#802 3 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Kanedas Facebook and Soundcloud seems to be delted?
    He mentioned in his episode 499 that we still can listen to his old stuff.

All of his podcast's
    Are are still available on Podbean .

#803 3 years ago
    Quoted from Moli410:

Might have to take a ride up north lol

Anytime, pal.

#804 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

has anybody heard of karma?

Kind of an ironic take because on my opinion Kaneda got bitch slapped by karma.

#805 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

And we are still waiting for evidence of this. I can see why you liked Kaneda so much.

Your last podcast was 1hr 26min who has the time for that longwinded jibberish

#806 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The evidence, is in the opinions being put forth on TPN that all is rosy with every game being put out - especially as a distributor selling them. Its a savvy way to drive sales so good idea to think this up.

Most of us are not lemmings waiting in line to spend big $$ on a game that looks like the moon after a couple hundred plays or $600.00 on a topper just because someone says - Buy, Buy, Buy

As for liking Kaneda, at least he was objective for the most part even if way over the top on a lot of things.

We used to all love the SDTM episodes and the presentation put forth but we know how that changed. I feel bad for your buddy, as we all really like him, and he is now become an unwitting accomplice of another infomercial to shill product.

BTW- the singing on TPN sucks - I can just visualize your co-host Krienging every time it happens

#807 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

As for liking Kaneda, at least he was objective for the most part even if way over the top on a lot of things.

This right here. He was on the side of the consumer and that was obvious. Every other podcast is full of yes men and women. I enjoyed listening to Kaneda pick apart issues and criticize companies on their decisions. I love his research and company history stories and loved hearing his thoughts and ideas. Nobody did it better, there was no fluff, and he was a one-man show because he's a rock star.

HOWEVER

He was too brash for his own good. He was daring other people to do something about it. I think going to his employer is out of line, but Kaneda was literally taunting opponents. "What are you gonna do about it!?" Well, that's what they are gonna do. They won by fighting dirty.

If he restarts the podcast -- and I think he can and should -- he should use a more suggestive approach. "Let's read what users on pinside have to say" and then analyze why the feedback is coming through the way it is. "I wonder if" and "Maybe they could" and "If I was in charge", etc. Don't name-call people and businesses. You can agree or disagree with a business decision or practice and explain why, but when you go into a tirade and drop f-bombs and name-call, you're just daring someone to do something about it.

He better come back, call the new podcast "Kaneda 500" or something, which shows the new and improved Kaneda that starts at episode 500.

#808 3 years ago

I listen to another podcast and it sometimes features some "edgy" comedy. There was a guy who would come on sometimes and they would make fun of a guy on the internet named Maddox who was popular back in the early 2000's. Maddox had a fall from grace I guess you could say, and poking fun at him became a reoccurring theme on this podcast. Well one day , Maddox had enough and launched multiple incoherent and frankly insane lawsuits at various people connected to the podcast.

What does this have to do with the Kaneda situation? Well the guy who would come on sometimes also worked at WS (same place as Chris) and despite the lawsuit being completely and totally crazy, and was thrown out of court due to the incompetence of it all , the poor guy was still let go from his job. When you are a PR/marketing firm, you just can't have these sorts of things hurting your image.

It really sucks, but I totally understand why Chris isn't going to risk it.

#809 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This right here. He was on the side of the consumer and that was obvious. Every other podcast is full of yes men and women. I enjoyed listening to Kaneda pick apart issues and criticize companies on their decisions. I love his research and company history stories and loved hearing his thoughts and ideas. Nobody did it better, there was no fluff, and he was a one-man show because he's a rock star.
    HOWEVER
    He was too brash for his own good. He was daring other people to do something about it. I think going to his employer is out of line, but Kaneda was literally taunting opponents. "What are you gonna do about it!?" Well, that's what they are gonna do. They won by fighting dirty.
    If he restarts the podcast -- and I think he can and should -- he should use a more suggestive approach. "Let's read what users on pinside have to say" and then analyze why the feedback is coming through the way it is. "I wonder if" and "Maybe they could" and "If I was in charge", etc. Don't name-call people and businesses. You can agree or disagree with a business decision or practice and explain why, but when you go into a tirade and drop f-bombs and name-call, you're just daring someone to do something about it.
    He better come back, call the new podcast "Kaneda 500" or something, which shows the new and improved Kaneda that starts at episode 500.

Well said!!

#810 3 years ago

HOWEVER

No, Kaneda is on the side of only one person...Kaneda. He didn't do 500 episodes of his podcast because of how much he wanted to better the pinball industry/hobby, he did 500 episodes because he loves the attention, he loves the sound of his voice, he loves playing the badguy, and he got banned from Pinside.

Now I agree that he often took a counter-view to most people in Pinball Media. But that doesn't make him altruistic, it makes him contrarian. And while sometimes he did indeed take a pro-consumer stance, he also often took very uninformed or ill-conceived stances too. Sometimes Chris did good, sometimes he did bad, but let's not make him out to be the people's hero.

#811 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The bottom line is that you have a conflict of interest in being both a distributor who makes a living selling pinball machines and a "pinball journalist" who purports to offer objective opinions about the same pinball machines. That's not any sort of judgment on you or your character. It's just a fact. Government employees, for example (well, except maybe for one...), are not allowed to hold financial interests in companies in industries they regulate. Even if people may be able to offer valid, accurate opinions/decisions despite the conflict, there is always going to be doubt about the true motive if there is a conflict of interest--or as they say in my line of work "an appearance of impropriety."

That's not to say you don't have a lot to offer in your podcasts, but many are going to prefer an objective voice when they are looking for reviews of games and accessories.

#812 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

The evidence, is in the opinions being put forth on TPN that all is rosy with every game being put out - especially as a distributor selling them. Its a savvy way to drive sales so good idea to think this up.
    Most of us are not lemmings waiting in line to spend big $$ on a game that looks like the moon after a couple hundred plays or $600.00 on a topper just because someone says - Buy, Buy, Buy
    We used to all love the SDTM episodes and the presentation put forth but we know how that changed. I feel bad for your buddy, as we all really like him, and he is now become an unwitting accomplice of another infomercial to shill product.
    BTW- the singing on TPN sucks - I can just visualize your co-host Krienging every time it happens

Quoted from Spelunk71:

The bottom line is that you have a conflict of interest in being both a distributor who makes a living selling pinball machines and a "pinball journalist" who purports to offer objective opinions about the same pinball machines. That's not any sort of judgment on you or your character. It's just a fact. Government employees, for example (well, except maybe for one...), are not allowed to hold financial interests in companies in industries they regulate. Even if people may be able to offer valid, accurate opinions/decisions despite the conflict, there is always going to be doubt about the true motive if there is a conflict of interest--or as they say in my line of work "an appearance of impropriety."
    That's not to say you don't have a lot to offer in your podcasts, but many are going to prefer an objective voice when they are looking for reviews of games and accessories.

You do realize that there are like 11 different podcasts on TPN, with over a dozen hosts. Zach is the only person on the network that is also a distributor, and he is only really on one of the shows. Now a few of the hosts of the other shows do work in the industry in some capacity, but most do not.

Zach and Dennis do not censor or control the content of the other shows on The Pinball Network. So if everyone on the network is taking a positive view, then that's their own choice. If the other shows on TPN are generally espousing a positive and happy take on the pinball hobby and industry, and if the other shows are usually happy with the quality of the games that are coming out, then guess what....that's really how they feel!

The people that make Pinball Media are generally people that are happy with the hobby, and excited about pinball. That's why they're making content. You can't bully people into hating Stern or taking a negative viewpoint. Maybe a lot of people simply don't share your views. If you really feel like we need more grumpy and cynical pinball content, then go make some. When I felt like something was missing from pinball media, you know what I did? I went out and made some content that filled that void. I put myself out there, got some great guests, did the prep-work, and recorded + edited a podcast for public consumption. And thanks to TPN's open-mic "Off-The-Record" podcast, I even had a platform to share it on.

If you truly feel that there's a void in pinball media now that Kaneda's gone, instead of attacking Zach, why don't you try to make some content yourself?

#813 3 years ago

I am in no way attacking Zach and appreciate everything he has done for the hobby. I was just pointing out an inherent conflict of interest. Some people will care, some people will not. I really enjoy the content but take the views with a grain of salt.

#814 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

I guess Zach has you conflict at all, that‘s you guys.

If you wan‘t a more distanced view on things that fine. Just choose from the gazillion other JP Topper reviews, that actually have that thing and don‘t go by a photo...

Oh!

Look here‘s the thing:
    Just take everything with a grain of salt and you‘ll be fine.
    I liked to see the topper in action and kudos to Zach to at least show that thing in action and dont let you buy blindfolded.
    I‘m able to make up my own mind if I like it or not!

#815 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

No, Kaneda is on the side of only one person...Kaneda. He didn't do 500 episodes of his podcast because of how much he wanted to better the pinball industry/hobby, he did 500 episodes because he loves the attention, he loves the sound of his voice, he loves playing the badguy, and he got banned from Pinside.

Why not both?

I know he was narcissistic -- he said as much several times -- but his stances and opinions often lined up with the consumer.

#816 3 years ago

He was a troll, that’s all he ever was.

#817 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I listen to another podcast and it sometimes features some "edgy" comedy. There was a guy who would come on sometimes and they would make fun of a guy on the internet named Maddox who was popular back in the early 2000's. Maddox had a fall from grace I guess you could say, and poking fun at him became a reoccurring theme on this podcast. Well one day , Maddox had enough and launched multiple incoherent and frankly insane lawsuits at various people connected to the podcast.
    What does this have to do with the Kaneda situation? Well the guy who would come on sometimes also worked at WS (same place as Chris) and despite the lawsuit being completely and totally crazy, and was thrown out of court due to the incompetence of it all , the poor guy was still let go from his job. When you are a PR/marketing firm, you just can't have these sorts of things hurting your image.
    It really sucks, but I totally understand why Chris isn't going to risk it.

Who Are These Podcasts still rips on Maddox when Dick Masterson is on the show. They just uploaded a bonus episode yesterday.

#818 3 years ago

Yup, his bad outweighed his good. Can't believe how many Yes-men he has on here. I also can't believe how many grown adults need have to listen to a podcast host to tell them NOT to buy a stern. Seems like a decision you should make on your own! Im glad he's gone. Never listened to one single episode either!

#819 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

OK....Chris will not do another Podcast for at least 2 months. It's a bet!

I'll take the under

#820 3 years ago

Okay now your making my hemroids itch.

I asked you nicely stay on topic this is a RIP kaneda thread.

If I want TPN puke in my mouth I can go listen to that pinball stories episode 4 again.

You are like a pushy used car salesman.

Do you always use that ear blowing technique?

Don't get me wrong, some of the folks adding content are great. But when it's all tied together under one roof ? Who thought that was a good idea?

I haven't seen that nacho flavored popcorn in a minute. Don't hog it all!!

#821 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

You do realize that there are like 11 different podcasts on TPN, with over a dozen hosts. Zach is the only person on the network that is also a distributor, and he is only really on one of the shows. Now a few of the hosts of the other shows do work in the industry in some capacity, but most do not.
    Zach and Dennis do not censor or control the content of the other shows on The Pinball Network. So if everyone on the network is taking a positive view, then that's their own choice. If the other shows on TPN are generally espousing a positive and happy take on the pinball hobby and industry, and if the other shows are usually happy with the quality of the games that are coming out, then guess what....that's really how they feel!
    The people that make Pinball Media are generally people that are happy with the hobby, and excited about pinball. That's why they're making content. You can't bully people into hating Stern or taking a negative viewpoint. Maybe a lot of people simply don't share your views. If you really feel like we need more grumpy and cynical pinball content, then go make some. When I felt like something was missing from pinball media, you know what I did? I went out and made some content that filled that void. I put myself out there, got some great guests, did the prep-work, and recorded + edited a podcast for public consumption. And thanks to TPN's open-mic "Off-The-Record" podcast, I even had a platform to share it on.
    If you truly feel that there's a void in pinball media now that Kaneda's gone, instead of attacking Zach, why don't you try to make some content yourself?

Quoted from Spelunk71:

I am in no way attacking Zach and appreciate everything he has done for the hobby. I was just pointing out an inherent conflict of interest. Some people will care, some people will not. I really enjoy the content but take the views with a grain of salt.

I get that it's not easy to put yourself out there and make content and good for those that do!! The thing is, it is a choice, and should be open to some critique??

The gist of objections to TPN and I guess to be specific - The Pinball Show - is when you hear someone talking things up like some ring leader at the Carnival wanting you to come on in and see the bearded lady or guy with 20 toes - you know its either fake or an anomaly.

This is where Kaneda said it best regarding THE VALUE, we as purchasers, should expect for the hard earned and ever increasing $$ we are throwing down on new games. I know it's not in the nature of most people to act like Kaneda with f'bombs and such to get the point across so he gets a big F on that front.

That being said, as others have also weighed in, it's an inherent conflict of interest to talk every game up when you know full well some of the numerous documented issues going on with them.

RIP Kaneda - or until episode 500

#822 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Dang people. I can't believe grown men and women are capable of such venom and hatred for one person for offering his opinion. geez, has anybody heard of karma?
    even if somebody wrongs you, its ok to forgive them, even if you were offended or harmed. hatred is baggage; it weighs you down. I can see why many people would harbor some negative opinions about Kaneda, but its just disagreement in most cases, nothing serious. this thread should be called "kaneda hate thread"

I don't hate him.

Do you understand that his well paid profession is marketing and his hobby is trying to cause harm to the marketing and succuss of other people's companies?

Then add on personal and physical attacks on other people in the hobby.

On top of that being completely self-serving and constantly bragging about himself, his belongings and lifestyle.

If you think the good he does overrides all that then so be it. I listen for the impending trainwreck which may or may not have just happened. A marketer who loves drama and goes silent at episode 499? I will wait and see.

#823 3 years ago

Never listened to it, besides DeadFlip who shows gameplay vids and discusses rules with the guys who made the pin I don't see the need for any of the other podcasts. So what I'm trying to say is who gives a shit. However to the guy who ratted on him. Fuck u 2.

#824 3 years ago

At this point it's win/win. Either he comes back and we all say "I told you so" or he's gone forever.

#825 3 years ago

Gone forever, he's not a complete and total idiot.

I'll be curious as to the next market he wants to befriend, cigars, movie posters, clothing??

#826 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

It was me. I did it.
    Any of you punk bitches decide to change outta yer panties into boxers I'll be on my front porch.

Yeah, with a 40 oz and a smoked turkey leg sticking out of your pocket

#827 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I get that it's not easy to put yourself out there and make content and good for those that do!! The thing is, it is a choice, and should be open to some critique??
    The gist of objections to TPN and I guess to be specific - The Pinball Show - is when you hear someone talking things up like some ring leader at the Carnival wanting you to come on in and see the bearded lady or guy with 20 toes - you know its either fake or an anomaly.
    This is where Kaneda said it best regarding THE VALUE, we as purchasers, should expect for the hard earned and ever increasing $$ we are throwing down on new games. I know it's not in the nature of most people to act like Kaneda with f'bombs and such to get the point across so he gets a big F on that front.
    That being said, as others have also weighed in, it's an inherent conflict of interest to talk every game up when you know full well some of the numerous documented issues going on with them.
    RIP Kaneda - or until episode 500

I hear you. I just get tired of the constant, "Zach has no objectivity, Zach is a schill!" criticisms. I don't know why people feel the need to constantly point it out. He's been a distro for a long time now, it's no secret, and it's not even his day job. If him being a distro lessons your enjoyment of his content, then so be it. What's the purpose of calling it out all the time? I don't get it.

I got equally tired of the, "Kaneda doesn't even own a game!" bullshit criticism too. As if the only way to enjoy the pinball hobby, or have an opinion, is to have a pin inside your home. Hearing the same old attacks and criticisms gets real old after a while.

#828 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

All of his podcast's
    Are are still available on Podbean .

nope.. podbean is just a redirect of soundcloud

#829 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I'll be curious as to the next market he wants to befriend, cigars, movie posters, clothing??

He tried to move on to Neo Geo collecting. Guess what happened? Bet you get it one.

kaneda-neogeo.pngkaneda-neogeo.png

You have to have an account to see posts on that forum, so I won't bother linking it. Do your own detective work if you like. I read a sample of his posts, they're the same old same old same old. Except the Neo Geo forums are a lot nastier than Pinside, so it escalated a lot faster. That Neo Geo community is ... special.

I don't even care what he's lying or not about. The "joke" about getting me fired, who ratted him out, if it even happened, whatever. You want my opinion though? That forum would 100% fuck someone over like that. Either way I'm over it. I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.

Hope y'all find a podcast to make you happy.

#830 3 years ago

but his stances and opinions often lined up with the consumer.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day right?

#831 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He tried to move on to Neo Geo collecting. Guess what happened? Bet you get it one.
    [quoted image]
    You have to have an account to see posts on that forum, so I won't bother linking it. Do your own detective work if you like. I read a sample of his posts, they're the same old same old same old. Except the Neo Geo forums are a lot nastier than Pinside, so it escalated a lot faster. That Neo Geo community is ... special.
    I don't even care what he's lying or not about. The "joke" about getting me fired, who ratted him out, if it even happened, whatever. You want my opinion though? That forum would 100% fuck someone over like that. Either way I'm over it. I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.

Man. I’m not sure how he has time for a day job when he so busy getting kicked off EVERYTHING online.

#832 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I hear you. I just get tired of the constant, "Zach has no objectivity, Zach is a schill!" criticisms. I don't know why people feel the need to constantly point it out. He's been a distro for a long time now, it's no secret, and it's not even his day job. If him being a distro lessons your enjoyment of his content, then so be it. What's the purpose of calling it out all the time? I don't get it.
    I got equally tired of the, "Kaneda doesn't even own a game!" bullshit criticism too. As if the only way to enjoy the pinball hobby, or have an opinion, is to have a pin inside your home. Hearing the same old attacks and criticisms gets real old after a while.

Ok - Point Taken- I really have said more than i wanted too anyway. The rest of you can voice your opinion with it from here on out

#833 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I’m not arguing about people shitting on me, whatever. But the continued argument that TPN is a paid advertisement is laughable and ignorant. TPN is comprised of tons of different podcasts and podcasters who bust their ass to inform and entertain. Chalking their work up as an advertisement when Flip N Out doesn’t advertise on their show is tacky and again, ignorant. Don’t listen to them if you don’t want, but people need to educate themselves a bit before throwing other people under the bus. Again, just my opinion. I love that people think they know how objective and unbiased Kaneda’s Podcast was.....smh..... he was entertaining I agree and I’ll miss some of that.

#834 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I just remember that it had like psuedo-3d graphics

You're thinking of Discs of Tron.

#835 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Neo Geo community is

Are my heros!!!

Thanks for sharing Aurich

So much popcorn not enough floss, I'll be back.

#836 3 years ago

I know this isnt the right thread as half of it has become attacking/supporting TPN.. I liked Kaneda most of the time and what happened to him sucks. But lets stop the constant TPN bashing especially in this thread. Zach is one of the few folks here really trying to push this hobby and promote it(which takes a lot of time and effort). And hes been doing that for years before he was a distributer. You can choose to take his reviews with a grain of salt if you like, but all the TPN and SDTM bashing is getting old.... Even Kaneda wasnt totally unbiased. He had an axe to grind with some including Stern. He would say their marketing sucks and was suggesting they hire him to help out since he has all the answers....Wether he was half joking or not is open to interpretation. Everyone has their own biases wether they wear them on their sleaves or not.

I for one love that we have all these different podcasts/youtube channels these days and it does suck that we lost one. And it does suck how it happened.

#837 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

that thread only has 5 posts by him, and somehow still got kicked ? thats talent right there

#838 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

thats talent right there

Oh you noticed that as well, but now I'm laughing so hard a kernel shot up my nose!!

Are you trying to kill me? God that hurts

#839 3 years ago

The larger you become in the public eye the more cautious, tactful and intellectual you have to be when making public statements. It may not be fair but it's reality. You automatically become the focus of much attention negative & positive. The skillful person learns to craft their response to that attention by not making statements (podcast) that could be misinterpreted due to excessive cursing, unprofessional personal accusations or inflammatory statements. One of the biggest problems I had with Kaneda was that he would interview industry professionals on one show and then turn around and berate them on his following episodes where they were unable to defend themselves or respond directly to his criticisms. That's just wrong and why he was basically blacklisted in the industry. If Kaneda would have been known for critical professional analysis and interviews he would have surely been more accepted & respected by the industry. It wasn't because he was a bad person, it's that he was often unprofessional, reckless & arrogant. Those qualities are hard to overlook by industry players and when you continue to insert your actions onto those much bigger than you they will eventually address you one way or another. I listened to Kaneda often and usually within the first 5 mins of his podcast I could tell if it was worth listening further or moving on to more beneficial things! In the end we control our own destiny and that requires an intelligent 360 view of what you are involved in....including your own employment!

#840 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You're thinking of Discs of Tron.

The single best arcade game ever in the environmental cabinet.

"Greetings! Master control program has chosen you to serve on the game grid."

#841 3 years ago

So, boxers are ok after all? I feel so much better now.

#842 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

So, boxers are ok after all? I feel so much better now.

CO (resized).jpgCO (resized).jpg
    #843 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Who Are These Podcasts still rips on Maddox when Dick Masterson is on the show. They just uploaded a bonus episode yesterday.

Well the dick show is the podcast I was talking about, and believe me, he still loves ripping on maddox all the time on his show too. Of course it cost him 15k to defend himself from a frivolous lawsuit, and some people (like Asterios) lost their jobs because of it. I am certain that Kaneda knows Asterios and at least knows some of what happened to him. It just makes sense in my eyes, hearing what Chris said, and knowing what happened to Asterios working for the same company.

WATP is a great podcast too btw

#844 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm in Stern's pocket...

#845 3 years ago
    Quoted from rgb635:

One of the biggest problems I had with Kaneda was that he would interview industry professionals on one show and then turn around and berate them on his following episodes where they were unable to defend themselves or respond directly to his criticisms.

And that's the reason people use rolling monologues and this format... nothing to counter or interupt their push of their POV.

Quoted from rgb635:

It wasn't because he was a bad person, it's that he was often unprofessional, reckless & arrogant

No, he was a bad person too. He just kept doing the plead to be forgiven, everyone is my friend, I have lots of friends schtick to try to bury his worst moments.

#846 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've blocked his email and I'm moving on with my life.

Brave, gutsy move.

#847 3 years ago

9268F4AF-51EA-41A4-A8A8-FC776011ED15.gif9268F4AF-51EA-41A4-A8A8-FC776011ED15.gif

Quoted from toyotaboy:that thread only has 5 posts by him, and somehow still got kicked ? thats talent right there

IKR...wtf did he write in those other 4 posts?
    Damn, Neo Geo Collectors do proper Curb Stomps.

#848 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m not arguing about people shitting on me, whatever. But the continued argument that TPN is a paid advertisement is laughable and ignorant. TPN is comprised of tons of different podcasts and podcasters who bust their ass to inform and entertain. Chalking their work up as an advertisement when Flip N Out doesn’t advertise on their show is tacky and again, ignorant. Don’t listen to them if you don’t want, but people need to educate themselves a bit before throwing other people under the bus. Again, just my opinion. I love that people think they know how objective and unbiased Kaneda’s Podcast was.....smh..... he was entertaining I agree and I’ll miss some of that.

.....it may be a controversial view (in this thread at least), but I appreciate & respect both TPN podcasts & Kaneda podcast..... for whatever reason some people think that you can only enjoy one or the other.

Kaneda & Zach are both passionate for the hobby - they just express it in different ways

#849 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I disagree, my go to guys are the SDTM guys Greg and Zach, and Deadflip, along with my man Todd Tuckey. Keep up the great work guys. I'm covered with watching those 3 on youtube.

Never listened to Kaneda, could care less....

Why are you guys complaining? You have Pinside to fill your Negative Nelly needs.

#850 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

.....it may be a controversial view (in this thread at least), but I appreciate & respect both TPN podcasts & Kaneda podcast..... for whatever reason some people think that you can only enjoy one or the other.
    Kaneda & Zach are both passionate for the hobby - they just express it in different ways

absolutely agree. I listen to them all and enjoy them all.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/17?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.