Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.
    #751 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like Cary Hardy too. But for him to capture the zombie Kaneda audience he needs to torture small animals and eat the entrails live.

I like him but I’m not a fan of this „reaction show“ YT format.

I laughed my butt of when he fud the TWIP Kaneda rant, but you‘d now he is „acting“, while Kaneda is just freely destroying stuff from his heart. XD

#752 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

No man, I like you and often agree when you go off road. I don't think you present as badly as you let yourself imagine.
    And despite my efforts I must still be in the top ten as my fan club reminds me with their down-votes and occasional sniping.

I'm just saying..I get modded a LOT! =P

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

freely destroying stuff from his heart

This is a beautiful, if inadvertently so, turn of phrase. I could totally work that into something profound sounding.

#754 3 years ago

Less than a 6 months of podcasts in 2020 and he'll still win the Twipy.

#755 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

This is a beautiful, if inadvertently so, turn of phrase. I could totally work that into something profound sounding.

Me poet!

140408-cookie-monster-jhc-1135_68232dae2801544feaa1d7efcc772bff.fit-2000w (resized).jpg140408-cookie-monster-jhc-1135_68232dae2801544feaa1d7efcc772bff.fit-2000w (resized).jpg
    #756 3 years ago

F**K whomever KILLED Kaneda. If you can't handle the heat stay OUTTA the kitchen! He was entertaining and helped fill the VOID of Mr. and Mrs. Karens' in the pinball community. I will surely MISS the multiple weekly updates, the other podcasts PALE in comparison.

#757 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

A blast from the past. It mentions both kaneda and whysnow

I thought it was going to be those chicks from 90210 bitching at each other.

#758 3 years ago

Time for pool and cigars and tequila.

D61B0DC3-3180-4478-9298-EF0E04AD1366 (resized).jpegD61B0DC3-3180-4478-9298-EF0E04AD1366 (resized).jpeg
    #759 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

you think Deeproot would hire him after he called out their lead designer for wearing blackface and the CEO as being a racist because his response wasn't adequate (in his opinion)? What company would ever bring someone in that would stoop that low just so he could have the moral high ground over someone else?

The Raiders might.

#760 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like Cary Hardy too. But for him to capture the zombie Kaneda audience he needs to torture small animals and eat the entrails live.

Dont give us false hope

#761 3 years ago
    Quoted from kh39540:

Den den just remedied this problem you speak of. See this post:

Quoted from ZMeny:

That has been changed and there are now individual RSS feeds to accommodate everyone.

Thankyou.

#762 3 years ago

Damn! After seeing this picture, I won't be able to keep a straight face listening to Kaneda talk about how manly he is, or how he only wants grown-up themes for his pins! I mean he can talk about how much more mature a GNR pin is than a Wonka or a Hot Wheels, but the dude has a Turtles comforter in this picture.

And hey, I'm into geeky stuff too, so no hate here. I say enjoy what makes you happy...buuuutt...it's almost like he's a completely different person in this photo. Very different from how he presents himself on his podcast!

5241746b0dc2b10b25b4fa3927909eabac726a4f (resized).jpeg5241746b0dc2b10b25b4fa3927909eabac726a4f (resized).jpeg
    #763 3 years ago

I must say though, that TRON arcade game IS pretty damn cool. I only got to play it once or twice when I was a kid, but it left an impression.

#764 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I must say though, that TRON arcade game IS pretty damn cool. I only got to play it once or twice when I was a kid, but it left an impression.

Play it again. It’s horrible. I’ll never understand the popularity. Must just be extremely strong nostalgia.

#765 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play it again. It’s horrible. I’ll never understand the popularity. Must just be extremely strong nostalgia.

The cabinet itself is incredibly beautiful (one of the best of that era).
    Especially how it’s blacklight reactive and has the hologram for the master control in the back drop.
    The gameplay I agree is horrible.
    Some people love it though and Tron is an iconic movie.
    I have a nice one in my garage and as soon as I get the right offer or trade it’s gone as it doesn’t really do anything for me.

#766 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Can you post the video of what happened after that picture?

#767 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The cabinet itself is incredibly beautiful (one of the best of that era).
    Especially how it’s blacklight reactive and has the hologram for the master control in the back drop.
    The gameplay I agree is horrible.
    Some people love it though and Tron is an iconic movie.
    I have a nice one in my garage and as soon as I get the right offer or trade it’s gone as it doesn’t really do anything for me.

I’m not a big classic arcade player, so it could just be me not getting what’s good about it, but other games that are expensive like the vector Star Wars, are so much more fun.

#768 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep, basically play these four simple videogames three times, then fuck you unless you want to study the game to perfection to play them any further.

#769 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Yep, basically play these four simple videogames three times, then fuck you unless you want to study the game to perfection to play them any further.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh that's too bad, guess my kid-goggles were on then. I just remember that it had like psuedo-3d graphics that wowed me when I was 5, and it just seemed really cool to me back then. Oh well, then again I'm not an arcade collector either, so I was never gonna buy one anyway.

At least the cab IS cool-looking, and it almost looks like something out of the movie.

#770 3 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

The Raiders might.

i stand corrected- yes he Raiders might

#771 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

At least the cab IS cool-looking, and it almost looks like something out of the movie.

Some collector made a badass secret door to his arcade with a tron machine just like the movie. I’d say that’s the best use of that game ever and worth getting one to do something like that. Haha

#772 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

It is the game in the movie.
    In the second movie it the machine where Sam drops the quartet and find the door to his fathers office behind it.

#773 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some collector made a badass secret door to his arcade with a tron machine just like the movie. I’d say that’s the best use of that game ever and worth getting one to do something like that. Haha

For some reason he deleted the vimeo video, but here are photos of his build:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-20-project

#774 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Bergen County Social Distance QuaranTeam. Ha. Love it!

#775 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Might have to take a ride up north lol

#776 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

you think Deeproot would hire him after he called out their lead designer for wearing blackface and the CEO as being a racist because his response wasn't adequate (in his opinion)? What company would ever bring someone in that would stoop that low just so he could have the moral high ground over someone else?

Not Deeproot. C'mon, everyone knows he landed a sweet gig and had to dump the Freelance stuff. It's called a makeover, a renewal. Been done a thousand times in Hollywood. Drop out awhile, heats off, then re-emerge like a Phoenix.

#777 3 years ago

"Buford, if I didn't know better I would say you're on the take"
    "Yeah Jordy, I'm on the take. And I'm gonna take and take and TAKE".

#778 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is. I remember being a kid and loving to play this thing. According to IMDB, the movie was a failure and the Tron arcade out performed the movie in profits

#779 3 years ago

Wow Tron getting some hate. Hey guys they can't all be Journey!

#780 3 years ago

That game is hilarious. Definitely liked playing that.

#781 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That game is hilarious. Definitely liked playing that.

Did I beat you on that game? I'm sure I did. That was a fun show lol.
    WTB: Journey arcade.

#782 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

#783 3 years ago

I feel so inadequate about these boxers now...

#784 3 years ago

Boxer Briefs baby. Best of both worlds. They're not all tight and nerdy like briefs, and they're not all loose and unsupportive like boxers. Just the right amount of support and style.

No = Baggy Waggy Boxers
    No = Tighty Whiteys
    Yes = Boxer Briefs

17RM_BB_AS_2048x (resized).jpg17RM_BB_AS_2048x (resized).jpg
    #785 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I feel so inadequate about these boxers now...

Are you the one who wears boxers, mentioned it earlier in the thread and asked if anyone else wore them?

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Are you the one who wears boxers, mentioned it earlier in the thread and asked if anyone else wore them?

Um, yeah....

#787 3 years ago

If you can't clearly see that the Journey arcade is the GREATEST machine ever than unfriend me now.

#788 3 years ago

The person(s) who cancelled him is no doubt in this very thread. Perhaps the Cancel Man will come for you one day too...

#789 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Nah..... You overcomplicate it.
    Here's the deal. You have Pinball podcasts. Then you have kaneda pinball podcast. Period.
    If you think TPN and kaneda are the same you're not getting it. One is paid to play. The only podcast out there that wasn't shilling, wasn't sucking up to the industry, wasn't trying to sell me on hot wheels being an amazing game (bc it's not, I played it) - that's kaneda.
    And it's not just TPN - I like deadflip but he's equally in bed with Stern too - he just does a better job about it than TPN. Simple as that. I still love listening and watching Jack - I still listen to TPN but don't forget - don't EVER forget.
    They are no Kaneda. The entire industry now is saturated with kiss ups and it sucks.

This couldn't be more right. I loathe that all the podcasts have become sycophants.

After Kaneda went down, my podcast listening went to zero. There's no need to even try. I don't need a $600 topper or to "buy buy buy" the latest over-hyped game.

#790 3 years ago

Well, I also wear them. There is not enough room in the other kind! Some of us require them for space needs!

#791 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

TRON had me for a bit, but the true shakes come from Krull. That cabinet was made by the Devil. Very sexy indeed.
    8BA519B2-C8E4-4967-BFCD-AAC98FC65240 (resized).jpeg8BA519B2-C8E4-4967-BFCD-AAC98FC65240 (resized).jpeg

D18FF5FB-65C9-41EF-9BF8-0D0E15104065 (resized).jpegD18FF5FB-65C9-41EF-9BF8-0D0E15104065 (resized).jpeg
    #792 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I really wish that would have been its own thread!! It was jaw dropping but I don’t remember the post in the game room thread and it is a long thread.

#793 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

For some reason he deleted the vimeo video, but here are photos of his build:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-20-project

well nevermind this explains why I couldn’t find it in the game room thread.

Edit. I am now going to favorite it.

#794 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

I really wish that would have been its own thread!! It was jaw dropping but I don’t remember the post in the game room thread and it is a long thread.

You mean this one, the GoFundMe?: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recreating-flynn%E2%80%99s-arcade

#795 3 years ago

The best pinball podcasts in my opinion are now no longer on the air except for Spooky.
    Who else misses these fine gems.
    Topcast
    The Pinball Podcast with Don and Jeff
    Pinheadz pinball podcast
    Coast to Coast pinball
    Kaneda

#796 3 years ago

+1 TopCast, Clays' series and guests were the best.

#797 3 years ago

Quoted from alpha70:The best pinball podcasts in my opinion are now no longer on the air except for Spooky.
    Who else misses these fine gems.
    Topcast
    The Pinball Podcast with Don and Jeff
    Pinheadz pinball podcast
    Coast to Coast pinball
    Kaneda

We all miss some of these. The new reality is that the clever marketing by certain individuals to create the TPN Stern sycophant suck zone has taken the air away from some other objective voices. With the loss of Kaneda we are just going to get all lollipops and rainbows from the manufacturers mouths to TPN's ears and blasted out to the masses in another infomercial to drive sales - Buy, Buy, Buy

#798 3 years ago

Smaller locations might be the best choice. Hopefully there will be spacing between the games for now. Let's see!

#799 3 years ago

Dang people. I can't believe grown men and women are capable of such venom and hatred for one person for offering his opinion. geez, has anybody heard of karma?

even if somebody wrongs you, its ok to forgive them, even if you were offended or harmed. hatred is baggage; it weighs you down. I can see why many people would harbor some negative opinions about Kaneda, but its just disagreement in most cases, nothing serious. this thread should be called "kaneda hate thread"

#800 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Boxer Briefs baby. Best of both worlds. They're not all tight and nerdy like briefs, and they're not all loose and unsupportive like boxers. Just the right amount of support and style.
    No = Baggy Waggy Boxers
    No = Tighty Whiteys
    Yes = Boxer Briefs
    [quoted image]

Y fronts all the way .

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/16?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.