Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 21.
    #701 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I guess he could live in his Chrysler

But man , what a Chrysler .

#702 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

he is a great member of our community, and hopefully he will be back.

Man, the internet REALLY makes it hard for me to decide I'd this is sarcasm or not. The man is a self absorbed asshole.

#703 3 years ago

Paging Dr. CubeSnake......we may have a psycho over here!!

#704 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, the internet REALLY makes it hard for me to decide I'd this is sarcasm or not. The man is a self absorbed asshole.

He may very well be all the negative things that people say and I have to admit some of the rants with all the F bombs were over the top.

That being said, he did provide some decent content, and a psycho ying to the Stern sycophant yang that notable others (you know who you are) are putting out as content.

I fail to see why with being scooped on reveals that some of these companies are not looking internally at the useless marketing people they are using and gas them just like they likely did to Kaneda.

#705 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha turn you room into an arcade....what a loser

Man, can't believe all the people that missed the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" nature to Law's post.

#706 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Problem is it's part of the "Pinball Network" and they don't let you subscribe to the individual shows. So you end up with a whole lot of other podcasts which you have no interest in clogging up your feed. Not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Den den just remedied this problem you speak of. See this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/32#post-5717096

#707 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this is such a bummer, and whoever reported this to the employer should be ashamed. never attack a man's, or a woman's livelihood. its low AF
    with the power of the internet, we need to find out who called the employer, then we need to effect retribution. lets prank call the shit out of him, or spam him, or something super annoying.
    Kaneda did not deserve to be persecuted this way; nobody does. He is a great podcaster, and the reason i made my little podcast (anchor.fm/bosshog) Most of the content was reaction from Kaneda's pod. he was simply the best, and always elicited a good convo.
    he is a great member of our community, and hopefully he will be back.

CAE646FF-8A10-4262-814F-AAEF782FDD8F.gifCAE646FF-8A10-4262-814F-AAEF782FDD8F.gif
    #708 3 years ago

Neighdemeyer, dead

#709 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood, quit it with your a hard man nutcase act. we all know you are the lovable mascot of pinside

Aww shucks Neil even though we've never met, love ya too.
    Just staying in my lane with the jokes. I've still never listened to any podcast of any kind. Don't have the attention span. I blame it on my blast beat adoration.
    I don't have a dog in this race but I didn't like him threatening my friends. Fuck with my friends and I will absolutely go "hard man nutcase" on a mf. Loyalty is the only virtue I have left ha.
    But this was all years ago. I can only "assume" he's matured somewhat since then.

#710 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I can only "assume" he's matured somewhat since then.

I do not know much about K, but based on the history I have read and this new topic being brought up, I think the odds are against this assumption.

#711 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Nah..... You overcomplicate it.
    Here's the deal. You have Pinball podcasts. Then you have kaneda pinball podcast. Period.
    If you think TPN and kaneda are the same you're not getting it. One is paid to play. The only podcast out there that wasn't shilling, wasn't sucking up to the industry, wasn't trying to sell me on hot wheels being an amazing game (bc it's not, I played it) - that's kaneda.
    And it's not just TPN - I like deadflip but he's equally in bed with Stern too - he just does a better job about it than TPN. Simple as that. I still love listening and watching Jack - I still listen to TPN but don't forget - don't EVER forget.
    They are no Kaneda. The entire industry now is saturated with kiss ups and it sucks.

Well said.

#712 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That is complete BS and you damn well know it Kim.
    I never did (and never would) go F with anyone’s livelihood like that.
    The POS made a fake Fbook account, took pics of me off the internet from obscure sources to try and make it appear real, friended 100s pf people, further used the Fbook algorithm to friend other real friends and family members that thought it was me, and invested serious time into making it appear as if it was actually me. He then posted insane shit with the account to the point that real life people called me and asked WTF was happening.
    He then called my work and boss at the time to out me for using social media and Pinside at work. He knew exactly what he was doing, it was and still is complete BS.
    He also made numerous eBay ads impersonating me, online bullying, and further attempting to cause damages.
    I asked, pleaded, and begged him to stop multiple times, telling him it was way too far and he crossed serious boundaries. It impacted my personal life and started my decline in being as active in pinball as I always worried when he would pull more shit, screen cap me saying or doing something in my hobby/personal life, and then take it to my work life/real world.
    I NEVER mixed any BS like this and never would. To insinuate and even accuse that I did is frankly really shitty Kim.

Hilton. For the record, I did not name you and I was actually referring to Aurich in the quote you reacted to. Not everything is about you...
    That said, I absolutely condemn Kaneda for those inexcusable actions against you. I fully support you in your outrage.
    I also condemn him for throwing a drink on someone and all of the other terrible actions people readily pull out from their toolbox. But acting like an innocent bystander is disingenuous as a few of your fellow Pinsiders have commented in follow up.

In my opinion, Kaneda is without a doubt the number one offender of all time and in a league by himself. But Whysnow is easily in the top three of offenders and everyone agrees you must be on the Moderators watch list. You didn't deserve what Kaneda did but you shouldn't have poked the bear either.

I freely admit I have been inappropriate on Pinside and have caused plenty of shit that I regret and embarrassed with. You and I had our weird war for a time and I'm still trying to assess WTF my role was in all of that.

As to the remainder of this thread, I see several people here sitting in judgment and pointing fingers, all with their own checkered history. All of us have committed sins to various degrees and you are not Holier than thou. And in my experience, its the loudest complainers that are in denial about their own behavior.

#713 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean $100 or 2 on 3 months?

OK....Chris will not do another Podcast for at least 2 months. It's a bet!

#714 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I hope so. He leaves a void that I'm hoping others will fill. I've listened to the other pinball podcasts and frankly I haven't found one that I like yet... too much banter, too little critical thought, too few suggestions for improvement of the hobby, etc. etc. My prior favorite was probably SDTM reviews or this-or-that discussions, but those are few and far between now.

Could someone suggest the next 'closest to Kaneda's podcast' I should check out? I want to listen to someone challenging the hobby to improve, informs about things to avoid, honest about the good and bad, and keeps an eye on the prize -- a world under glass!

#715 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Deal.

#716 3 years ago

As an innocent bystander, I’d like to address the statement, ... “Chris will not do another Podcast...”

Does that mean he can not be a guest on anyone else’s podcast, or does it mean he can not do one of his own creation?

I have no horse in the race; just thought I’d throw that out there to keep the wager on the same page.

#717 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, can't believe all the people that missed the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" nature to Law's post.

Not the sharpest tools around here.

#718 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

As an innocent bystander, I’d like to address the statement, ... “Chris will not do another Podcast...”
    Does that mean he can not be a guest on anyone else’s podcast, or does it mean he can not do one of his own creation?
    I have no horse in the race; just thought I’d throw that out there to keep the wager on the same page.

Indeed. - I think we‘ll here from him timely. But not necessarily in his own show.

Maye as a guest or... well... with him not able to poopoo all over the place but still being a figure in pinball he‘d be a good candidate to be the deeproot marketer.

#719 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not the sharpest tools around here.

You'd think with all these pitchforks some of them would be sharp. Lol

#720 3 years ago

Well, whatever you think, he's still in the head of Pinside... I don't listen to any podcasts. Around five minutes in, I get bored and go to an audiobook. I'd rather hear from some experts in design, like Keith Elwin, or from someone who can give a bigger view of the industry, like Roger Sharpe. Or Ted Estes. Or you name it. The world of self declared experts, this cult of personality, is extremely boring.

#721 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

All of us have committed sins to various degrees and you are not Holier than thou. And in my experience, its the loudest complainers that are in denial about their own behavior.

None of us got banned from KLOV or Pinside. There's degrees of bad behaviour. "Whataboutism" isn't an argument.

#722 3 years ago
    so let it be written (resized).jpgso let it be written (resized).jpg

June 28, 2020
    August 28, 2020

#723 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

There's degrees of bad behaviour.

Then we're agreed.

Quoted from Mr68:

All of us have committed sins to various degrees

#724 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Then we're agreed.

His sins are much greater. They're not equivalent. None of this "cast the first stone" nonsense, he's in another time zone of bad.

#725 3 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Well, whatever you think, he's still in the head of Pinside... I don't listen to any podcasts. Around five minutes in, I get bored and go to an audiobook. I'd rather hear from some experts in design, like Keith Elwin, or from someone who can give a bigger view of the industry, like Roger Sharpe. Or Ted Estes. Or you name it. The world of self declared experts, this cult of personality, is extremely boring.

As you say, I'd love to see REAL experts in the industry discuss playfield challenges, design challenges, mistakes made, mistakes corrected.... But these employees and companies are unwilling to have an open, honest discussion about anything that isn't happy happy joy joy. I think the new JJP podcast has started fairly well, but it is what it is...ad-media...

I'm not seeking complaints or whining, but we need an honest consumer voice in this hobby (that will actually be heard). I appreciate that few things in life are perfect and they way you improve is by identifying the problems so that you can fix them. I'm unsatisfied with the status quo and it feels like things are going in the wrong direction. I want more for less, not the other way around.

#726 3 years ago

A blast from the past. It mentions both kaneda and whysnow

#727 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

A blast from the past. It mentions both kaneda and whysnow and even ted

#728 3 years ago

Was really looking forward to the JJP story and others that would of come.

#729 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I used to listen to heaps of pinball podcasts but I gradually let most of them go. Only ones I listen to now are The Super Awesome Pinball Show and Eclectic Gamers. Eclectic Gamers is not for everyone but I find it kind of comforting for some reason. The first half is pinball and the second half video games. I usually turn it off after the pinball part.
    I just saw that Ryan C is back on a new show called "Jesse Jay's Pinball Adventures" so I may check that out. Problem is it's part of the "Pinball Network" and they don't let you subscribe to the individual shows. So you end up with a whole lot of other podcasts which you have no interest in clogging up your feed. Not sure if it's worth the trouble.
    By the way, this is a really useful database for finding pinball podcasts:
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-promoters/?ms=&t=has_podcast&ob=post_title&o=ASC

That has been changed and there are now individual RSS feeds to accommodate everyone.

#730 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

His sins are much greater.

#731 3 years ago

Fuck TPN can't even stay out of a kaneda thread. Hit the road!!

Let them grieve in peace, and pass the popcorn please.

#732 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Paging Dr. CubeSnake......we may have a psycho over here!!

#733 3 years ago

I wish I had seen that Hitler video. Would’ve saved me hours of my life trying to figure out wtf was what on pinside

#734 3 years ago

Close this thread now with that video. It can’t get any Better than that

#735 3 years ago

I didn't like everything Kaneda said but what I liked the most is that he wasn't afraid to call a company out for ripping customers off with sub par build, feature, and code quality. A good number of other popular podcasts are afraid to call out the BS that some of these companies are pulling. Why? Then there's no product endorsements, interviews, free swag, etc. The problem with that approach is that the podcast then lacks integrity and can show bias. Kaneda didn't care about any of perks, there was no bias to one company or another, etc. I think that's missing from many of the other popular podcasts.

#736 3 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

On the latest episode of Final Round, they interview Keith Elwin, and he goes into a lot of interesting stuff about his design philosophy and the choices that he makes. And his games. Well worth a listen, especially since Keith doesn't do a lot of interviews it seems like.

Quoted from CNKay:

Fuck TPN can't even stay out of a kaneda thread. Hit the road!!
    Let them grieve in peace, and pass the popcorn please.

Ha! Well, you can't really separate the two at this point! Kaneda talked about Zach and TPN as much as he talked about Stern or AP. And lots of other people brought TPN up in this thread earlier. So it'll be what it'll be. And don't hog all the popcorn please, I wanna get some of the good salty pieces from the top of the bag.

#737 3 years ago

Honestly I wasn’t around when all this horrible stuff happened that people keep talking about. Sounds painful to many people. With that being said everyone has always had the right to listen or not listen to his podcast. People had the right not to vote for his twippy, or continue to talk about him on this thread. This thread is now at 15 pages there are classic pinball games that don’t have this many pages.

You would think if there was going to be 15 pages talking about a single person it would be about someone who started Williams, Stern, Jersey Jack, or the guy who designed the greatest group of pinball games. No its about a guy who talks about pinball and while doing so has piled up a ton of enemies.

At some point you have to let this thread go... in my opinion he’s playing all of you once again. He thrives on being the center of attention and you’re giving it to him with each and every post.

Here is the thing Kaneda isn’t the center of the pinball universe and neither is ANYONE who does a podcast. The people WHO BUY and PLAY pinball are the center of the universe. If we didn’t play or buy Stern wouldn’t exist. People stopped buying and playing pinball once before and we lost Williams Bally... remember? We decide collectively if pinball continues and thrives not a manufacturer and certainly not a podcaster.

THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this industry are ALL OF US who buy and play games. We need to remember that.

NOT ONE PERSON in this hobby should put themselves on a pedestal or pretend they’re on some pedestal. We buy because we can’t help ourselves and we play because we’re all still kids at heart. Remember that as you keep this thread going for another 15 pages.

And remember whomever comes after Kaneda or if he returns PINBALL is about BEING A KID! When you unbox a new game you feel like your 15 years old all over again.

Just saying.

#738 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Honestly I wasn’t around when all this horrible stuff happened that people keep talking about. Sounds painful to many people. With that being said everyone has always had the right to listen or not listen to his podcast. People had the right not to vote for his twippy, or continue to talk about him on this thread. This thread is now at 15 pages there are classic pinball games that don’t have this many pages.
    You would think if there was going to be 15 pages talking about a single person it would be about someone who started Williams, Stern, Jersey Jack, or the guy who designed the greatest group of pinball games. No its about a guy who talks about pinball and while doing so has piled up a ton of enemies.
    At some point you have to let this thread go... in my opinion he’s playing all of you once again. He thrives on being the center of attention and you’re giving it to him with each and every post.
    Here is the thing Kaneda isn’t the center of the pinball universe and neither is ANYONE who does a podcast. The people WHO BUY and PLAY pinball are the center of the universe. If we didn’t play or buy Stern wouldn’t exist. People stopped buying and playing pinball once before and we lost Williams Bally... remember? We decide collectively if pinball continues and thrives not a manufacturer and certainly not a podcaster.
    THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this industry are ALL OF US who buy and play games. We need to remember that.
    NOT ONE PERSON in this hobby should put themselves on a pedestal or pretend they’re on some pedestal. We buy because we can’t help ourselves and we play because we’re all still kids at heart. Remember that as you keep this thread going for another 15 pages.
    And remember whomever comes after Kaneda or if he returns PINBALL is about BEING A KID! When you unbox a new game you feel like your 15 years old all over again.
    Just saying.

Damn, dude. This may be the first time I have ever been inclined to up-vote one of your posts. Well said.

/golf clap

#739 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

They are no Kaneda. The entire industry now is saturated with kiss ups and it sucks.

Yes sir.

Only one left I can listen to is Cary Hardy on Youtube.
    Here is to hoping he will start a podcast.

#740 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Yes sir.
    Only one left I can listen to is Cary Hardy on Youtube.
    Here is to hoping he will start a podcast.

But if he starts a podcast you won’t be able to see the same facial expression on everyone of his YouTube stills.

#741 3 years ago

K will win the Twipy again this year... watch.
    Lol

#742 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Cary Hardy on Youtube.

That’s the one I was looking for. No podcast tho? Now’s the time Cary!!

#743 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

But Whysnow is easily in the top three of offenders and everyone agrees you must be on the Moderators watch list.

Shit. Does this make me number 2?

#744 3 years ago

At he end of the day, it was a podcast about someone's thoughts and impressions about pinball in general. Yes it was fairly much inflationary and made to poke a response in people but people DID listen. Many would probably deny or omit the fact they listened but many also voted for him in the popularity contest of the "twippy's".
    There will always be different beliefs or stances left/right, but it does get you talking about "stuff", bringing to light quality issues, value etc.
    Of coarse with any point of view you have to do some self filtering of what to take on board, or just don't listen.

I listened and didn't agree with many of his opinions and apart from the vitriol and swearing I was usually entertained, and informed from the typical 30min podcast.

Hope he can fill this "outlet" with something productive.

#745 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

but still being a figure in pinball he‘d be a good candidate to be the deeproot marketer.

You are close to the truth.

#746 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Shit. Does this make me number 2?

No man, I like you and often agree when you go off road. I don't think you present as badly as you let yourself imagine.
    And despite my efforts I must still be in the top ten as my fan club reminds me with their down-votes and occasional sniping.

#747 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

You are close to the truth.

you think Deeproot would hire him after he called out their lead designer for wearing blackface and the CEO as being a racist because his response wasn't adequate (in his opinion)? What company would ever bring someone in that would stoop that low just so he could have the moral high ground over someone else?

#748 3 years ago

I like Cary Hardy too. But for him to capture the zombie Kaneda audience he needs to torture small animals and eat the entrails live.

#749 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

you think Deeproot would hire him after he called out their lead designer for wearing blackface and the CEO as being a racist because his response wasn't adequate (in his opinion)? What company would ever bring someone in that would stoop that low just so he could have the moral high ground over someone else?

He didn‘t spread the pic, as he‘d usually do!

And DR has a talent picking up highly infamous characters.

#750 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

As you say, I'd love to see REAL experts in the industry discuss playfield challenges, design challenges, mistakes made, mistakes corrected.... But these employees and companies are unwilling to have an open, honest discussion about anything that isn't happy happy joy joy

There has been plenty of that.. long before these current podcasters have been around..

The difference is a reasonable expectation of what you can press your guest for. You're not going to get the insider's honest assessment of what went wrong in the development of a game or what they would have done differently when the game was just announced! One has to respect there is a practical limit of what ACTIVE participants in a project can discuss. You can't expect a GUEST to face an inquisition and then scream they are all scared to face the truth because they won't do your schtick. That's just a strawman.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.