Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.
    #651 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

he is a great member of our community, and hopefully he will be back.

Care to comment on these items? Why would a great member of the community do these things? Collin lays out the cliff notes well.

Quoted from Collin:

The guy appears to be a thief (see KLOV, when he declined to pay the balance owed on that Fix it Felix,) he's a narcissist who tried to ruin a tournament for attention because he's a textbook narcissist ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda ) and he's personally gone after other folks here, including Hilton and arguably Aurich (plus I think others I'm forgetting,) including with their employers. Garbage excuse for a person, and a plague on the community.

#652 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Mr. Koulouris is a psychopath, in the absolute & fullest sense of the term ... with something called BPD, or Borderline Personality Disorder. He is textbook. Frequently repeating his words in quick succession is a tip off.

I can't wait to tell my Photoshop professor Monday morning that's he's a psychopath. He does the same thing with quick succession word repetition.

The best part is that his diagnose was free on the Internet.

#653 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

He engaged in very unprofessional behavior for his line of business.

Yea, the cursing rants wouldn’t play well at all with coworkers or clients. Pointed commentary is fine but he should have held his language and any personal digs in check. I’m good with some cursing for effect around friends, but would never put anything on-line that would undermine my professional or family reputation. Not sure what’s going on with Kaneda’s employer but see no reason he couldn’t continue the podcast if he would keep it respectful. And you can be opinionated and controversial without saying things you’d regret your family or co-workers hearing.

#654 3 years ago

#654 Yep, I have added to the stupidity that is k-chit!

#655 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Care to comment on these items? Why would a great member of the community do these things? Collin lays out the cliff notes well.

Don’t forget, K backed out of a deposit with Cointaker regarding a 2nd Magic Girl for his collection. The details are pure slime and were mentioned on his podcast.

#656 3 years ago

Then there was the time he swore Alien remake was 30 days away. 100% guaranteed to happen in the short term ... that was 9 months ago. There might have been a challenge by K to get a tattoo if it didn’t happen. Well it didn’t and he didn’t, and that was the last straw for some. There is a big difference between someone wanting to do something in pinball and them succeeding. K-man should have been able to discern the difference and see through the Pinball Brothers smoke screen. Instead he was sucked into Iceman’s vapor trail and he never saw the rumor engulf himself. K acknowledged it wasn’t going to happen in podcast 499, yet he claimed he had been partly right. Sorry, he was 100% wrong.

#657 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was ... opinionated.

hilton, many times when you disagreed with someone, your so called 'opinions' were nothing more than pot stirring tripe, lies, and character assassination with the intent to incite others in an effort to get a fellow poster moderated and/or ejected. it would have been nice if you could have offered up a real counterargument. instead you chose to fight many of your battles by reporting/encourage reporting, leaving the moderation staff to judge those unable to defend themselves. through the use of such tactics, you are responsible for the communitys loss of certain posters insightful and constructive criticism.

Quoted from Whysnow:

The POS made ... He then called ... He also made ...

Quoted from kaneda:

Whysnow, seriously bro... Go buy a smartphone and stop being such a mama's boy tonight.

if only you had owned a smart phone in 2016,
    maybe none of that would have happened.

#658 3 years ago

Relic of the old KLOV days before he had a meltdown was banned after people gave him shit for spending $32,000 turning his apartment into an arcade.
    Still my favorite Kanada photo.
    I can see where he gets his nostalgic inspiration for TMNT.

FAFB6722-FE6B-4996-84F1-8B5BF6FC97A4 (resized).jpegFAFB6722-FE6B-4996-84F1-8B5BF6FC97A4 (resized).jpeg
    #659 3 years ago

Haha, the old photos keep on giving. You wanna see a Ninja in training?

2A1EDD2F-D28B-444C-BCF9-B312F8315842.jpeg2A1EDD2F-D28B-444C-BCF9-B312F8315842.jpeg

#660 3 years ago

Ha turn you room into an arcade....what a loser

#661 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

...umm, I very surprised I'm the first to mention this but Mr. Koulouris is a psychopath, in the absolute & fullest sense of the term. No, he is NOT a sociopath. No, it doesn't mean he murders women in the shower (you can thank Hitchcock for adulterating that term). Every podcast I've listened to-every one-is indicative of this. A few of you correctly called him a narcissist. Narcissism frequently co-morbids with something called BPD, or Borderline Personality Disorder. He is textbook. Frequently repeating his words in quick succession is a tip off. He does have that ingrained in his syntax. I swear to you, I stopped counting "passive/aggressive" in his last podcast after I heard it 25 times. The things he's done to other people (here and other places) shows his psychopathic nature.
    Please keep in mind that everything I've stated is MY OWN OPINION on the man. It's isn't fair or professional to diagnose someone without a 2-way interchange with them. However, if I was in practice (I'm not) and he were my patient, this would certainly be my diagnosis. My human pathos comes out for him as he's done quite a bit for the pinball community (as far as going after Stern and their terrible "quality measures") but man, are these people hard to treat. Medications are limited, and frankly they just don't work on BPD's. Do some research on the subject, I'm sure there's plenty on Google, and see how very similar he is to these conditions.

This is unfair to say. While I get that you indicate it’s your opinion, your initial statement reflects as fact.

Your pseudo-diagnosis ignores Bayesian logic and falls right into the error of the prosecutor's fallacy.

#662 3 years ago

What amazes me is that many of you guys/girls seem to know each other in real life and talk shit about each other, on the internet. Why not handle it and get the shit talking over with?

#663 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha turn you room into an arcade....what a loser

Read the article from wired back then.
    There’s a few real choice quotes.

https://www.wired.com/2014/05/arcadia/?mbid=social_fb

#664 3 years ago

for all of you that miss your good buddy. here ya go:

#665 3 years ago

When I joined pinside I had to do research into the entire kaneda, Hilton, Skit B, Andrew heighhigh, Choddard...because there was rarely a thread that didn’t mention it, albeit some secret code of it.

As a third party I could suggest that Hilton’s contribution in the kaneda/Hilton ballad was posting in nearly every thread with high frequency of posts. His supporting Andrew heighhigh and skit b vigorously. Hiltons support there Eventually muted or had other pinsiders moderated, when questioning the integrity of said manufactures. Specifically the license of predator by skit B. The blind cheerleading here prohibited questions by people especially Kaneda that could have averted many people from losing money.

Now please, someone correct anything I got wrong

#666 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

What amazes me is that many of you guys/girls seem to know each other in real life and talk shit about each other, on the internet. Why not handle it and get the shit talking over with?

What makes you think we don't talk shit to each other in real life?

#667 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Re-read my post. Carefully this time.

I reread it after commenting. You say it's an opinion, but you wrote it as fact. It reads almost exactly like a diagnosis.

I would be careful labeling people with a condition as serious as this without a proper one-on-one diagnosis.

#668 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

I would be careful labeling people with a condition as serious as this without a proper one-on-one diagnosis.

You're a fucking alcoholic.

How'd I do?

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

When I joined pinside I had to do research into the entire kaneda, Hilton, Skit B, Andrew heighhigh, Choddard...because there was rarely a thread that didn’t mention it, albeit some secret code of it.
    As a third party I could suggest that Hilton’s contribution was posting in nearly every thread with high frequency of posts. His supporting Andrew heighhigh and skit b vigorously. Hiltons support there Eventually muted or had other pinsiders moderated, when questioning the integrity of said manufactures. Specifically the license of predator by skit B. The blind cheerleading here prohibited questions by people especially Kaneda that could have averted many people from losing money.

Some of Hilton’s posts do seem to partake in satisficing - that’s one thing I don’t agree with. That being said, he does bring value to the pinball community.

As someone who put $1,500 down on an Alien without receiving the pin, I would have welcomed additional voices and perspectives that may have made me think twice.

#670 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You're a fucking alcoholic.
    How'd I do?

Very, very perceptive.

With your smarts, I'm guessing lawyer. Maybe even a US District Attorney who also minored in neurosurgery on the weekends.

#671 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

While I know a lot of people don’t care for our long winded format neither Tommy or myself sucked up to anyone.

Don't worry Taylor - no one thinks you do. It's just inability to actually be factual or avoid exaggerated claims is a hallmark of the faithful. They'll carry the torch where the leader can't.

#672 3 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I can't imagine Kaneda will actually stay gone... but I can hope his narcissistic, useless ass is done.
    The guy appears to be a thief (see KLOV, when he declined to pay the balance owed on that Fix it Felix,) he's a narcissist who tried to ruin a tournament for attention because he's a textbook narcissist ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda ) and he's personally gone after other folks here, including Hilton and arguably Aurich (plus I think others I'm forgetting,) including with their employers. Garbage excuse for a person, and a plague on the community.

Don't forget the flat out hate/rage emails about pinside moderators and robin that ultimately lead to the guy who will give anyone unlimited chances... to finally say enough is enough and ban him.

Or the number of episodes that were so foul that he'd delete them.

Why doesn't someone dig up the deleted episode where Chris himself read the emails he sent to robin? People should listen to those and see if that's the kind of person you want to be rally around.

#673 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Or the number of episodes that were so foul that he'd delete them.

They were the best ones. Ahh the memories. Anyone manage to keep a copy of those? No question Kaneda kept them....he should release a bootleg series.

#674 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

They were the best ones. Ahh the memories. Anyone manage to keep a copy of those? No question Kaneda kept them....he should release a bootleg series.

I have a number saved to my podcasts app on the iphone.

#675 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

With your smarts, I'm guessing lawyer.

No I don't order LEs thanks

#676 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

Hilton's cheerleading was nauseating... but... Hilton's actions pretty much were just posts on a hobby site. Chris's actions were down right harassment and a sick obsession. The endless pranks to get attention (such as using fake ebay auctions) continued even up until recently. Again, as much as his cult think going to the guy's boss is over the line... Chris smashed through that line countless times before with his antics to flat out slander, harass, stalk, and defame numerous people. His antics were deplorable and the willingness of many to 'laugh along' as he boasted about them is just as disturbing as his moves themselves.

#677 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

3 should be reasonable?

I mean $100 or 2 on 3 months?

#678 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I wish he would... as it seems most of his followers have no idea what he's actually done.

When you listen to a monologue - you only hear their spin...

#679 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I wish he would... as it seems most of his followers have no idea what he's actually done.

It's slightly annoying when all your arguments are us vs. them. I don't think ANY of his "followers" 100% agreed with any of his stuff (maybe not even 50% agreed) but that doesn't mean there wasn't some really good stuff to be heard. The topic of listening to him isn't really isn't as black and white as you perceive.

But as a listener to a variety of shows, I know exactly what he has done that no other podcast did consistently—held manufacturers and designers accountable to some of the BS we've been seeing recently.

Now that that's gone get ready to rein in the era of monthly DLC subscriptions (10% off to Stern Insiders of course), and the fabled $1K topper. Coming soon!

#680 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

Definitely not the same thing, and that's why these topics are discussed separately. An extreme example to demonstrate.
    A G.I. Joe action figure's MSRP shouldn't go up while the quality goes down. On the other hand, if you bought 1978 Luke Skywalker action figure at an MSRP of $1.20, you'll probably still want to sell it at its new value of $25,000.
    TL;DR
    ► Manufacturers shouldn't rip people off. Build the product right and then affix a fair pricing strategy. Manufacturers define price.
    ► Demand and/or rarity of an item determines a product's value especially in the 2nd-hand market. Consumers define value.
    Price and value are totally different and should be treated as such.

Thats not what he was saying at all? He's saying its ok to sell whatever he wants at whatever price because of capitalism but its not ok for manufactures to do the same. Price and value are the same thing. Stern thinks what they are selling is a good value, so is someone reselling Lebowski for 16k.

#681 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Price and value are the same thing.

That's incorrect, but I finally understand the confusion with K's monologue now. Some in the industry don't understand there's a difference. Maybe if it's said by someone other than K, it will make sense.

Forbes article below for the full rundown, but to sum it up: "Price is what you pay; value is what you get." VERY different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesfinancecouncil/2018/01/04/the-important-differences-between-price-and-value/#1d85f7624237

#682 3 years ago

Since we're going down memory lane, one thing that no one (including Chris) ever talks about was when he talked JPop into making him the Public Relations guy of Zidware.

He even had two accounts on Pinside; Kaneda and ZidwarePR.

#683 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

It's slightly annoying when all your arguments are us vs. them. I don't think ANY of his "followers" 100% agreed with any of his stuff (maybe not even 50% agreed) but that doesn't mean there wasn't some really good stuff to be heard. The topic of listening to him isn't really isn't as black and white as you perceive.
    But as a listener to a variety of shows, I know exactly what he has done that no other podcast did consistently—held manufacturers and designers accountable to some of the BS we've been seeing recently.

Well you certainly reenforced the stereotype... the dillusion around his uniqueness or innovation. I use the labels because those who rush to defend him exhibit many common behaviors - making it easy to lump people together.

Just because you find some other podcasts to be shills or whatever... doesn't make all of them that or Kaneda some beacon of counter movement. People have been critical of manufacturers and designers online for decades.. including here. You could list podcast after podcast that ISN'T what Kaneda paints the hobby to be. This is just yet another of the narratives that he spins and beats into people to the point that they start to believe it.

You'll find there are countless numbers of people in this hobby making criticisms and communicating with manufacturers and getting action -- they just don't record themselves boasting about their influence several times a week and try to make themselves into some champion for the masses.

It's actually one of the cool things about this hobby/industry... in that the actual industry people WERE so accessible... and that many were able to join the industry from simple public/industry engagements like expo... and RGP in the day. There was direct interaction between the DOERS in companies and the enthusiasts... not just the big buyers (the distributors). Much of that has been strained and evolved as 'online' has changed to every monkey with a keyboard.

#684 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Since we're going down memory lane, one thing that no one (including Chris) ever talks about was when he talked JPop into making him the Public Relations guy of Zidware.
    He even had two accounts on Pinside; Kaneda and ZidwarePR.

Or in hindsight... how it shows only JPOP was dumb enough to take him up on his services...

#685 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Or in hindsight... how it shows only JPOP was dumb enough to take him up on his services...

Pretty sure it was a case of dumb and dumber.

#686 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Well you certainly reenforced the stereotype...

I just wanted to hear you admit that you quantify groups using stereotypes. I wasn't sure if I was correct there.

Quoted from flynnibus:

You could list podcast after podcast that ISN'T what Kaneda paints the hobby to be.

I used the word "consistently." A podcast being critical once every 10 podcasts⁠—"I think that ramp could have been moved a scootch to the right, but other than that the pin is perfect!"⁠—is not being critical, especially while the quality around them continues to decline.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Much of that has been strained and evolved as 'online' has changed to every monkey with a keyboard.

And here we are.

#687 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

I just wanted to hear you admit that you quantify groups using stereotypes. I wasn't sure if I was correct there.

When the shoe fits...

I used the word "consistently." A podcast being critical once every 10 podcasts⁠—"I think that ramp could have been moved a scootch to the right, but other than that the pin is perfect!"⁠—is not being critical, especially while the quality around them continues to decline.

Get out more

#688 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Been listening to the Super Awesome Pinball Show recently, it's really good for those seeking an alternative. Very high production quality, the hosts have good chemistry and it's funny.
    https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

Cheers I’ll have a listen now that my go to pin podcast has gone

#689 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

What else are people listening to apart from Slam Tilt, Pinball Profile and This Flippin? What podcast is this Cory guy doing?

#690 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

It's a different kind of show to Kaneda's. Kaneda's was a solo show, with a kind of shock jock vibe. The Super Awesome Pinball Show is much more polished and it has the classic 3 host structure, all with very different personalities, so they kind of work together. It's a bit like a US version of the old Pinheadz Podcast. Chris Franchi is the lead host and I kind of like his sense of humour. He's definitely not as controversial as Kaneda but will throw in a bit of constructive or tongue-in-cheek criticism now and then.

#691 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

What else are people listening to apart from Slam Tilt, Pinball Profile and This Flippin?

I used to listen to heaps of pinball podcasts but I gradually let most of them go. Only ones I listen to now are The Super Awesome Pinball Show and Eclectic Gamers. Eclectic Gamers is not for everyone but I find it kind of comforting for some reason. The first half is pinball and the second half video games. I usually turn it off after the pinball part.
    I just saw that Ryan C is back on a new show called "Jesse Jay's Pinball Adventures" so I may check that out. Problem is it's part of the "Pinball Network" and they don't let you subscribe to the individual shows. So you end up with a whole lot of other podcasts which you have no interest in clogging up your feed. Not sure if it's worth the trouble.
    By the way, this is a really useful database for finding pinball podcasts:
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-promoters/?ms=&t=has_podcast&ob=post_title&o=ASC

#692 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

...umm, I very surprised I'm the first to mention this but Mr. Koulouris is a psychopath, in the absolute & fullest sense of the term. No, he is NOT a sociopath. No, it doesn't mean he murders women in the shower (you can thank Hitchcock for adulterating that term). Every podcast I've listened to-every one-is indicative of this. A few of you correctly called him a narcissist. Narcissism frequently co-morbids with something called BPD, or Borderline Personality Disorder. He is textbook. Frequently repeating his words in quick succession is a tip off. He does have that ingrained in his syntax. I swear to you, I stopped counting "passive/aggressive" in his last podcast after I heard it 25 times. The things he's done to other people (here and other places) shows his psychopathic nature.
    Please keep in mind that everything I've stated is MY OWN OPINION on the man. It's isn't fair or professional to diagnose someone without a 2-way interchange with them. However, if I was in practice (I'm not) and he were my patient, this would certainly be my diagnosis. My human pathos comes out for him as he's done quite a bit for the pinball community (as far as going after Stern and their terrible "quality measures") but man, are these people hard to treat. Medications are limited, and frankly they just don't work on BPD's. Do some research on the subject, I'm sure there's plenty on Google, and see how very similar he is to these conditions.

ah another Professor with a degree from google!

#693 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I switched to boxers in 8th grade and never looked back.... Let freedom ring!

Going commando is true freedom! However you're more likely to ring your own bells.

#694 3 years ago

Kanedas Facebook and Soundcloud seems to be delted?
    He mentioned in his episode 499 that we still can listen to his old stuff.

#695 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

It was me. I did it.
    Any of you punk bitches decide to change outta yer panties into boxers I'll be on my front porch.

dood, quit it with your a hard man nutcase act. we all know you are the lovable mascot of pinside

#696 3 years ago

I respect K for what he's achieved in life. I also applaud him for having the courage and ability to create hundreds of hours of pinball content. He was entertaining and on-point with many valid opinions. I could relate on many levels because we are the same age, so we grew up on the same things. I also share some of his business / customer-first views.

HOWEVER...

1) He was kicked out of a pinball event. In my opinion, that's like getting hit by a parked car. This is the most laid back hobby with the coolest mofos. What does this tell you?

2) K reminds me of a certain U.S. President. He would whine about how unfair it was when he was "attacked" on Pinside ("attack" = someone expressing their opinion of him). He would tell these people to come on his show or to email/FB him to clear whatever air, yet he never practiced what he preached. He put several people in his scope (including myself) and fired away without engaging them first. He'd then stick his Pinside fanboys on them to defend him (for example, Rascal_H, who came at me out of nowhere via PM like Damien Thorn's Rottweiler in "The Omen").
    Hypocritical much? He basically used his "forum" to go after people, but he didn't like when it was done back to him.
    Let's be real. His podcast was often an outlet for childish tantrums, which was definitely his right. He shouldn't fault people for being defensive about his commentary.

3) Imagine having the President/CEO of your company listen to an audio clip of your work that begins with the Muppet Babies theme song.
    Yikes!
    I would bow my head in shame and immediately commit hara-kiri right on the spot.

"When your room looks kind of weird, and you wish that you weren't there." - Kermit (Muppet Babies)

#697 3 years ago

One of the most "influent personality" in the pinball community have 1 pinball.. in the past 0.

He is always so negative, he is not a real pinball lover, no one need him, Bye

#698 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Anybody with atleast an ounce of education in psychiatry, do know that you can't be narcisstic and psychopathic. It's almost as contradictionary as it gets.

Anyway i like his podcasts and think it's a miss for pinball if he's gone.

#699 3 years ago

Edit.

Adding fuel to the fire!

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yup, if you are going amateur diagnosis, at least go for NPD, not BPD.
    Or go back to Dr Google!
    Bet most people on here would go for a few beers with Kaneda and shoot some pinball.
    Forums and SM bring the worst out of people unfortunately.

Agreed with Shapeshifter & Dr Pin... although BPD can be difficult to treat, dialectical behaviour therapy combined with medication and psychologist counselling has made a profound improvement with my family member with the condition.

Irrespective of your views on Kaneda, please be respectful on this forum, rather than targeting/labelling mental health disorders via the internet. BPD and those diagnosed with the condition isn't something that should be made light of, or fun of.

Pinball is just a hobby at the end of the day

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/14?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.