Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from Makakka:

He started the podcast after being banned here bc of his Heighway posts. Now hes banned (himself) from the podcast he thought he found independence in. WRONG MuhhhAHAHhha! Now the real agony starts by trying to keep his mouth shut. It will get harder and harder to stay silent like a reverse cocaine withdrawal. Its like if you are unable to shoot your load while your balls get fuller and fuller. I mean tennis balls.

and he was spot on with that crook Heighway and probably saved loads of pinsders thousands of dollars/euros/pounds.

#552 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Pot, Kettle.

I like how you ignore that Chris contacted Aurich’s employer

That's bullshit, so I guess you don't know the story.

Quoted from jwilson:

or harassed Hilton for weeks

People harassing each other on Pinside? NEVER happens.....get a life!

#553 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Ahhhh Kaneda, when he started the pinball podcasts offerings were pretty bland, so naturally he stood out, but weather you like him or not he highlighted a lot of problems with the business and for the most part the manufacturers did listen. So he was an a-hole advocate of sorts. It's ironic that the company that profited the most from his ideas is the one that took him down.

The weather had nothing to do with this.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Not that I think anyone else really stands a chance but if another podcast does win without Kaneda in the mix, consider it a runner up trophy.

They should rename the Best podcast twipy the Kaneda's Pinball Podcast award, if they do I'll donate $500 to Project Pinball - given he drove more excitement about the awards than just about everyone its the least they could do. How about it pin2d ?

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

People harassing each other on Pinside? NEVER happens.....get a life!

Well, it's starting to make sense why you're a kaneda apologist. Guy wasn't being mean, but speaking the truth and you got bent out of shape?

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

but speaking the truth and you got bent out of shape?

Not the truth

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Worse?
    Played the Pro only one time on (a loud & dark) location but you couldn‘t hear the toned down, bass heavy synth music or see a thing with that Purple GI.
    That doesn‘t mean it‘s a bad game but it was srsly nearly unplayable.
    And every other game there was fine.

received_319075859114580 (resized).jpegreceived_319075859114580 (resized).jpeg
    #558 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Pot, Kettle.
    I like how you ignore that Chris contacted Aurich’s employer, or harassed Hilton for weeks.
    So really, he got what he deserved.

Are you sure he contacted Aurich’s employer?

Quoted from Aurich:

Anyways, one day I get a text telling me that Chris said on his show the night before that he would offer Andrew Heighway $10,000 to fire me from Alien and hire someone else. I'm paraphrasing from memory here, but that was the gist.

Making a comment on a pinball podcast is a lot different then contacting an employer directly and I doubt Andrew even listens to his show. Pretty sure working on Alien was not Aurich's full time job and was just something he was doing on the side.

#559 3 years ago

Coming up to 600 posts in a day . Whether you like him or not , he gets people talking .

#560 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Whether you like him or not , he gets people talking .

Either that or people are running out of better things to talk about.

#561 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Making a comment on a pinball podcast is a lot different then contacting an employer directly and I doubt Andrew even listens to his show. Pretty sure working on Alien was not Aurich's full time job and was just something he was doing on the side.

Yes...and it was an obvious joke. I don't think Chris had $10,000 ready to send anywhere.....
    It would be like saying to Stern, "Gee, I really hate that artwork on Jurassic Park, I'll give ya a million dollars to get (insert your favorite artist)...."

#562 3 years ago
    46isne.jpg46isne.jpg
    #563 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Well said!! - I love the oil essentials comparison - kind of like this topper is the best thing since sliced bread - buy, buy, buy!!
    We are not hating on anyone it's just a lot of us used to wait faithfully for the next SDTM episode and always liked the way the guys got along and the banter back and forth. That all changed when $$ became the objective as a distro. There is nothing wrong with being on that side of the fence but you can't play both sides. As you said in your post we are looking for someone to fill the void left by Kaneda so thus some of the comparison.
    TPN appears as a bunch of groupies for the manufacturers!! All the varying points of view that were present before the amalgamation into that entity have been snuffed out except for maybe Cary Hardy. Good marketing for sure on Flip N Out's part so kudo's for being savvy that way. Let's not get sold any of the snake oil that is being pushed on behalf of, for the most part Stern by these guys. I also understand that putting yourself out there in a podcast is not the easiest thing to do, but that is a choice you all make. We hope you hear our voices of concern, put forth a better more objective product or decide to step back to let other non-invested guys take the reigns and run with things.

Sorry never understand this position. Aren’t All Pinball podcasts/shows/streams essentially infomercials for a pinball? Does anyone Really make a decision to buy a $$$$$ game or not based on what one of these shows suggest? Heck, Jack Danger (great reviews and show!) is literally a paid gun for hire with an OEM Script! Yet few hate (rightfully) his presentation. Some like to listen to a show only to hear the negative (K-Man) some to hear the positive (TPN), still doesn’t influence how you pull out your wallet! Some content providers like to focus on the Issues of pinball, some the Pleasure of pinball similar to the threads of Pinside. I personally Love and appreciate All/any of these guys that for the most part do this for FREE for our consumption. Surely Zach Could still be a distributor Without doing all this hard extra work no? They are All infomercials, pic your flavor and enjoy. It’s Pinball!

#564 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Either that or people are running out of better things to talk about.

Yep . I think a lot of people enjoy the drama side of pinball as much as playing them . Even turtle talk has died right down .
    It does get a bit boring talking about dimpled playfields after a while .

#565 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It would be like saying to Stern, "Gee, I really hate that artwork on Jurassic Park, I'll give ya a million dollars to get (a plastic topper?)...."

#566 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...and it was an obvious joke. I don't think Chris had $10,000 ready to send anywhere.....

Thanks for confirming he said it, guess that settles that.

As I said, water under the bridge, hasn't been an issue for years. But it's a good reminder, that when you have a platform and use it to go after people some of them aren't going to just smile and take it. I have no idea what he did to piss someone off this time, but from what I'm reading it could be a long list. Take it from me, even chill people have a limit.

#567 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

maybe there will be a new TPN podcast very soon with a familiar voice that people loved in the past. Stay Tuned...

Man I sure hope you’re talking about Clay and TOPcast here, no offense to Nate.

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Man, that would be awesome.

#569 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for confirming he said it, guess that settles that.
    As I said, water under the bridge, hasn't been an issue for years. But it's a good reminder, that when you have a platform and use it to go after people some of them aren't going to just smile and take it. I have no idea what he did to piss someone off this time, but from what I'm reading it could be a long list. Take it from me, even chill people have a limit.

It’s like The Who Shot Jr episode were 10 different people are shown fondling guns right before JR gets capped.

It really could be anybody!

Not me though. We made up (really!). Now that chris is retired forever, never to return, from pinball media, I look forward to seeing him around the nyc pinball scene (if it ever returns). I’m sure folks will be welcoming to him when he’s just a guy playing pinball. It’s a pretty friendly scene and I’d like to think people will be happy to welcome him into it.

Bars are supposed to open in only a couple weeks? I wonder if that means location pinball returns in some form or another.

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I just want to say that I never believed that Kaneda changed his opinion on Wonka from instant CE purchase to no purchase based on missing audio clips. He clearly got caught up in the special treatment he was given by JJP, then when it sunk in that he had committed $12,500 to a game he didn't really care about and would have to wait months and months for the CEs to ship, he made up lame excuses to back out. I've never known someone to change their mind as quickly, frequently, and easily as he does. He even raved about the newest star wars movie before criticizing it like a week later. The guy is kind of fascinating in that way. He has no idea what he likes or wants, but he certainly thinks he does.

In all fairness he changed his opinion when Joe Katz was asked about the code progressing and he said "What you see is what you get". The death knell for any new pinball and the DUMBEST thing to tell a potential buyer. If I was told that I'd take my $12,500 elsewhere too.

#571 3 years ago

Well why don't you lay it out for us then? Don't worry, you can pepper in some pics of yourself if that helps.

#572 3 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, that would be awesome.

Ha it's been talked aboot...but it wouldn't be with TPN that's for sure.

EDIT: dammit double posts, apologies.

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

you can pepper in some pics of yourself

I would like to request one with Burt Reynolds please...preferably shirt off

Thanks

#574 3 years ago
    ted vampire with eyes F (resized).jpgted vampire with eyes F (resized).jpg
    #575 3 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

In all fairness he changed his opinion when Joe Katz was asked about the code progressing and he said "What you see is what you get". The death knell for any new pinball and the DUMBEST thing to tell a potential buyer. If I was told that I'd take my $12,500 elsewhere too.

If I remember correctly, he was already setting himself up to back out. He knew they likely didn't have the license for the audio, so it was a safe issue to make an ultimatum about if he wanted out. I really don't believe he would have changed his tune over some audio clips. He just wanted to be able to back out and contradict all the praise he gave the gave while being able to blame it on JJP.

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry never understand this position. Aren’t All Pinball podcasts/shows/streams essentially infomercials for a pinball? Does anyone Really make a decision to buy a $$$$$ game or not based on what one of these shows suggest? Heck, Jack Danger (great reviews and show!) is literally a paid gun for hire with an OEM Script! Yet few hate (rightfully) his presentation. Some like to listen to a show only to hear the negative (K-Man) some to hear the positive (TPN), still doesn’t influence how you pull out your wallet! Some content providers like to focus on the Issues of pinball, some the Pleasure of pinball similar to the threads of Pinside. I personally Love and appreciate All/any of these guys that for the most part do this for FREE for our consumption. Surely Zach Could still be a distributor Without doing all this hard extra work no? They are All infomercials, pic your flavor and enjoy. It’s Pinball!

Nah..... You overcomplicate it.

Here's the deal. You have Pinball podcasts. Then you have kaneda pinball podcast. Period.

If you think TPN and kaneda are the same you're not getting it. One is paid to play. The only podcast out there that wasn't shilling, wasn't sucking up to the industry, wasn't trying to sell me on hot wheels being an amazing game (bc it's not, I played it) - that's kaneda.

And it's not just TPN - I like deadflip but he's equally in bed with Stern too - he just does a better job about it than TPN. Simple as that. I still love listening and watching Jack - I still listen to TPN but don't forget - don't EVER forget.

They are no Kaneda. The entire industry now is saturated with kiss ups and it sucks.

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Here's the deal. You have Pinball podcasts. Then you have kaneda pinball podcast. Period.
    If you think TPN and kaneda are the same you're not getting it. One is paid to play. The only podcast out there that wasn't shilling, wasn't sucking up to the industry, wasn't trying to sell me on hot wheels being an amazing game (bc it's not, I played it) - that's kaneda.
    And it's not just TPN - I like deadflip but he's equally in bed with Stern too - he just does a better job about it than TPN. Simple as that. I still love listening and watching Jack - I still listen to TPN but don't forget - don't EVER forget.
    They are no Kaneda. The entire industry now is saturated with kiss ups and it sucks.

I almost broke the up-vote button I hit it so hard.

#578 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

This 100%

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I almost broke the up-vote button I hit it so hard.

lol this made me actually chuckle very good

#580 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It would be like saying to Stern, "Gee, I really hate that artwork on Jurassic Park, I'll give ya a million dollars to get (insert your favorite artist)...."

We know Aurich settled the employer thing. Still no excuse for the childish harassment of Hilton, which you didn't address.

The guy was a narcissist and a jerk, but he was entertaining as well so gets a pass. Kinda like bad reality TV...

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Explain “paid to play” please

#582 3 years ago

While I know a lot of people don’t care for our long winded format neither Tommy or myself sucked up to anyone.

#583 3 years ago

CJ! seege!

Why didn’t you invite me to Howard’s last week goddammit?!

#584 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otto110:

He'll be back
    No doubt

I know him personally. He will be back in someway. In 2014 his fiancee dumps him when he tried to turn his Manhattan apartment into an arcade (complete with TMNT bed sheets), KLOV (arcade forum) banned him first and then Pinside kicked him off. Now his employer is influencing his decision to stop his podcasts. He is on the crap list with Stern and American Pinball for the ways he got his inside information. He will be back since he can not stay out of the spot lights and just loves the attention (good and bad) that he receives. The first way he will be back in the podcast world is being a guest star on someone else's podcast. Just remember that he is in the PR business.

#585 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Holy cow you and I might actually agree on something. The podcasts where people shill games don't listen will never listen. Kaneda was more entertaining even if you don't agree with him he tells you what he really thinks. Kaneda didn't even really own pinball games so he's not shilling up to anyone... he was an equal opportunity insulter.

He's what I call a 50/50 guy... 50% hate him and 50% love him but 100% listened. You need more people like that not less keeps the entire industry interesting. My advice to other podcasts trying to snatch up his audience, add someone to your show who's very opinionated to get some of that contrast. However I stand by what I said there will be a podcast 500 and sooner than you think.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

He will be back since he can not stay out of the spot lights and just loves the attention (good and bad) that he receives. The first way he will be back in the podcast world is being a guest star on someone else's podcast.

I 110% agree with you!

#587 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

snatch up his audience, add someone to your show who's very opinionated to get some of that contrast.

I Think I might know a guy.....Lol He will be back though.

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

However I stand by what I said there will be a podcast 500 and sooner than you think.

Wanna bet?

#589 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

He's what I call a 50/50 guy...

More like a 145/39 guy

F268B52F-5375-4494-8A0A-CBCE0F869ACE (resized).pngF268B52F-5375-4494-8A0A-CBCE0F869ACE (resized).png
    #590 3 years ago

Yes if the time limit is agreeable

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

Joe didn't say this, I did. Besides being sage advice in general, I knew who asked the question and I knew nothing was going to change to satisfy him. I could've lied and implied we'd magically make everything the way he thought it should be later, just to make the sale I suppose. I thought it better to be upfront.

I'm not really getting how it's "dumb", so maybe you can enlighten me on that one.

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

More like a 145/39 guy [quoted image]

To be fair, some downvotes may have been due to dislike of poor spelling.

#593 3 years ago

Good piont : )

#594 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I like how you ignore that Chris contacted Aurich’s employer.
    So really, he got what he deserved.

This is an unfounded accusation. By Aurich's own admission, he doesn't know if this occurred or not. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you play "He Said, She Said."

Quoted from Aurich:

When Chris and I met at Expo he denied he ever said any such thing. And you know what? I have no idea, I didn't hear it myself. And I apologized to him for not verifying it better, because I should have.

#595 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes if the time limit is agreeable

A month?

#596 3 years ago

I’m no detective but could this threads much speculated on suspect been under our collective noses from the very first post ; )

C1B50ADB-9CDE-4BB5-9038-B8E04C43D43D (resized).jpegC1B50ADB-9CDE-4BB5-9038-B8E04C43D43D (resized).jpeg

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

I’m no detective but could this thread’s much speculated on suspect been under our collective noses from the very first post?
    [quoted image]

Didn't you know the Swiss are neutral I am pretty sure the scumbag is home grown but hasn't enough balls to show himself for the coward he is.

#598 3 years ago

3 should be reasonable?

#599 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

More like a 145/39 guy [quoted image]

Heighway still holds the record for being universally loathed.

#600 3 years ago

Most loathed would definitely make for a interesting thread???

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/12?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.