Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228258e4dee30819fb382b87d11e5cf1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Crime-22 (resized).jpg
    C3DECEF7-C00E-4EB4-9753-CA1CD16DE347 (resized).jpeg
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    DB3A5EF6-1FA4-421A-A234-2D480F83E8D5 (resized).jpeg
    tenor-31.gif
    IMG_20200630_232050 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223105_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-223251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10C9CAF1-A4A9-44F1-9214-3160629E109A (resized).jpeg
    Stephcorn.gif
    uAhjbZk (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-30-06-45-58-30 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.
    #451 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Do people really still say this?
    Figured this one kind of went the way of “eat shit and die” or “sit on it and spin”...

ayyyyy (resized).jpegayyyyy (resized).jpeg
    #452 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I personally think Otaku should have a podcast. I'll give you all a moment to imagine how entertaining that could be.

Thank you for cracking me up! I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read this

#453 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Now that Kaneda is gone maybe Cary will step up to the plate being he is not on TPN and is way more subjective than the other guys and main shill who will never criticize any of the manufacturers - you know Buy, Buy, Buy

Trending up this week!

What a tool bag of a show and “network”. I love my podcasts to be hour long commercials...

Cary is Legit! I enjoy is content

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You could make a 500 episode podcast series of him just arguing against himself if you clipped it together.

Like the Rogan interviewing Rogan video from awhile back lmao “That’s a chimpanzee”

#455 3 years ago

There is only one Stern that can take down Kaneda.

no_more_kaneda (resized).jpgno_more_kaneda (resized).jpg
    #456 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Maybe 30 years ago lol. Not the neutered libtard version of Stern.

#457 3 years ago

He started the podcast after being banned here bc of his Heighway posts. Now hes banned (himself) from the podcast he thought he found independence in. WRONG MuhhhAHAHhha! Now the real agony starts by trying to keep his mouth shut. It will get harder and harder to stay silent like a reverse cocaine withdrawal. Its like if you are unable to shoot your load while your balls get fuller and fuller. I mean tennis balls.

#458 3 years ago
    Quoted from Makakka:

He started the podcast after being banned here bc of his Heighway posts. Now hes banned (himself) from the podcast he thought he found independence in. WRONG MuhhhAHAHhha! Now the real agony starts by trying to keep his mouth shut. It will get harder and harder to stay silent like a reverse cocaine withdrawal. Its like if you are unable to shoot your load while your balls get fuller and fuller. I mean tennis balls.

You’re retarded af.

#459 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

You’re retarded af.

We have a shitburger from New Mexico on the line, go ahead caller

LK (resized).jpgLK (resized).jpg
    #460 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

That Stern will be taken down soon enough, like Kimmel, cause woke hypocrisy.

#461 3 years ago

I personally think he will be back but in a neutered more complacent form which sucks as the only reason he is big is his honesty and criticism.

#462 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Trending up this week!
    What a tool bag of a show and “network”. I love my podcasts to be hour long commercials...

Me too I think cary is the next kaneda for us fans.

#463 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Do people really still say this?
    Figured this one kind of went the way of “eat shit and die” or “sit on it and spin”...

"Go fuck yourself" will never go out of style, fortunately!!

#464 3 years ago

TheCapn what do you say. You gonna keep us entertained with a podcast

#465 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Trending up this week!

You know i really used to enjoy SDTM but once he became a distro the whole vibe changed and to your point it feels like an infomercial now and some of it is just plain lame

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

He’s in marketing and his hobby is ruining marketing launches.

This is indeed a very good point you could hold up when confronting his company.

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

"We are all getting ripped off in this hobby, the games are overpriced and it happens so slowly we don't even realize it."
    halfway through podcasts he says
    "People think its horrendous to flip games for a profit, It's america, a free country, it's capitalism. Pinside babies need to stop being the price police."
    Does he realize that is the same thing? What an idiot.

Definitely not the same thing, and that's why these topics are discussed separately. An extreme example to demonstrate.

A G.I. Joe action figure's MSRP shouldn't go up while the quality goes down. On the other hand, if you bought 1978 Luke Skywalker action figure at an MSRP of $1.20, you'll probably still want to sell it at its new value of $25,000.

TL;DR
    ► Manufacturers shouldn't rip people off. Build the product right and then affix a fair pricing strategy. Manufacturers define price.
    ► Demand and/or rarity of an item determines a product's value especially in the 2nd-hand market. Consumers define value.

Price and value are totally different and should be treated as such.

#468 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Unreal. He was a jerk at times but seems to have matured lately, it’s beyond me that someone would escalate it to this extent.

Seriously? Have you seen how ridiculous people can be on this board, where they largely have the relative immunity of anonymity? C'mon.

*edit*

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’ll find out who did this. Eye for an eye.

I rest my case, folks. "Hey, someone did something stupid and shitty, so now I'm going to do something stupid and shitty!"

#469 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

Manufacturers shouldn't rip people off.

Would love to hear more about how they are ripping anyone off. They are offering a product with extremely detailed features and not forcing anyone to buy anything. They are maximizing profits just as a collector is when flipping a game for profit. They are selling their product for the most they can while keeping their costs for as low as possible.

If that’s not what you want you’re free not to buy. It’s that simple. They are exactly the same thing.

Value has nothing to do with it in EITHER situation.

Fair should never come up. It’s guaranteed into every deal with a flipper and a manufacturer. They offered a product and you chose to buy or not buy. Immediately fair. Full stop. Anything that comes after that in your experience is a separate issue entirely.

Don’t bring subjective things in to the comparison and you can easily see they are the same thing.

TLDR. Chris is very consistent in his hypocrisy. Always has been.

#470 3 years ago

To me it’s pretty simple. He works for a marketing company and has been making it his mission in life to ruin the marketing program of Stern in his off hours. I can completely see where a marketing company would have an issue with one of their employees doing that.

Sounds to me like Kaneda let his personal feelings towards Stern cloud his judgement and he took it too far.

#471 3 years ago

I'd like to ask everyone to please not go on a witch hunt blaming Stern or any individuals trying to figure out "who did it."

I have some more information and regarding the matter and my most recent pinside babies episodes was sent to my employer as well another thread in a gaming forum, where they accused me of something horrible that was unfounded. 2 separate accusers.

Unfortunately, in today's world it's not a question of guilt or innocence. The internet is filled with people who have nothing to lose and think it's funny to engage in this type of behavior. I would never wish this type of behavior on anyone and I hope none of you ever have to experience it.

So please don't point the finger of blame or accuse anyone. That behavior is hurtful, unfair and uncalled for.

Lastly, please DO NOT contact my employer asking them to let me do my show. They did not ask me to take it down. I made that decision. For me and my families sake, please respect that decision.

Love,

Kaneda

#472 3 years ago

Thanks to Robin for allowing this thread to even happen. Time for more popcorn.

#473 3 years ago

This whole thing is a hoax don't fall for it. Yeah someone called his employer and they probably had a laugh about it and kaneda is using that to get the spotlight he so desires. Episode 500 is already being prepped bet on it

#474 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would love to hear more about how they are ripping anyone off.

I don't fully agree with it. This was just me paraphrasing Chris's stance for those who didn't understand what he was saying and why it was different from flipping. A manufacturer should not sell a game at a price they think it will be valued at in 6 months because they think some rich a-holes will buy it otherwise they won't be in business long. I don't know how you fail to see the difference.

But I have seen the quality drop and prices go up in recent years. If you missed that observation then I guess it is "fair" to you. Pinball is a rich man's hobby. If price isn't an issue for most, then why wouldn't they just keep increasing the price while offering the same or less if people are going to buy no matter what?

I'm looking at a SW and STh now, and if you tell me they put "extremely detailed features" in these pins then we just aren't gonna come to any agreement here.

#475 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I'd like to ask everyone to please not go on a witch hunt blaming Stern or any individuals trying to figure out "who did it."
    I have some more information and regarding the matter and my most recent pinside babies episodes was sent to my employer as well another thread in a gaming forum, where they accused me of something horrible that was unfounded. 2 separate accusers.
    Unfortunately, in today's world it's not a question of guilt or innocence. The internet is filled with people who have nothing to lose and think it's funny to engage in this type of behavior. I would never wish this type of behavior on anyone and I hope none of you ever have to experience it.
    So please don't point the finger of blame or accuse anyone. That behavior is hurtful, unfair and uncalled for.
    Lastly, please DO NOT contact my employer asking them to let me do my show. They did not ask me to take it down. I made that decision. For me and my families sake, please respect that decision.
    Love,
    Kaneda

This is like when I asked my 7 yo to help me with something and he didn’t want to because, well, he’s 7. And then when he asked for my help, i remind him of when I needed help. He didn’t want to care about how I needed help or how others felt; only about himself and his needs. It’s something I battle with day to day with my young kids to make them better people. Luckily, they are only 3 and 7. Kaneda is much older, I hope he begins to understand how others feel when they are attacked, just as he has been attacked now.

He has an entertaining show, but his wrongful constant bullying and personal attacks needs a reality check. Hopefully this is it.

#476 3 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

I'm looking at a SW and STh now, and if you tell me they put "extremely detailed features" in these pins then we just aren't gonna come to any agreement here.

Huh? I said they list extremely detailed features on each game. Ie the feature map or grid or whatever. You know what’s in each game.

They aren’t ripping any one off. Neither is a flipper.

Quoted from IDrink2Much:

Pinball is a rich man's hobby.

No it’s not. Cost me exactly 100 dollars to enter the collecting side of the hobby. And who says you have to own any machines to enjoy the pinball hobby?

#477 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

"Go fuck yourself" will never go out of style, fortunately!!

No kidding.

My 4yr old told me this a few days ago when I said go brush your teeth...

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

You know i really used to enjoy SDTM but once he became a distro the whole vibe changed and to your point it feels like an infomercial now and some of it is just plain lame

I agree 100% the old SDTM was great before he became a distro. Now he just give creepy used car salesman vibes. Like a Shopper stalker.

#479 3 years ago

Poor man Podcast is pretty good pass the first five minutes...I like they discuss old pins as well as a new...

#480 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

I agree 100% the old SDTM was great before he became a distro. Now he just give creepy used car salesman vibes. Like a Shopper stalker.

It's chemistry. Zach is good when balanced with Greg on SDTM. Zach and Greg are both large-scaled personalities. They both hit video well and exude a physical presence on the screen. And Greg can bounce off of Zach's crazy sense of humor. It's the exchange and bro chemistry they have that carries that show...which is A+

Zach just doesn't come across the same on podcast. I like Dennis Kriesel a lot but I don't think it's a good match. Zach just starts to sound overbearing and obnoxious and Dennis reacts and sounds whiny. And each of those guys are very good podcasters - so that interaction really does both a disservice IMO.

Zach needs the podcast equivalent of a Greg Bone to balance him out.

#481 3 years ago

Water = Wooder ... "Wooder gun"

#482 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

My guess:
    1) Someone DID try and "cancel" him by contacting his business.
    2) They laughed it off. (businesses only care if you're sexist or racist)
    3) Chris made the story up (if HR did have an issue I doubt he could speak of it publically)
    4) He will have a GOTCHA episode and reveal who it was that tried to cancel him.
    5) His intended backlash against that company or individual will be muted by the backlash against his hoax.

The Dude is definitely dealing right now and is tangled up in some form of stress. I've spotted him at shows in the past and now the Canada guy just looks like crisis mode with grey and spots (we all get it). I wish the best for him and hope he recovers.
    My guess:
    6)He's probably going to have a kid or changed his medications and decided to put the podcast stuff to rest because of other demands.
    By making up a dramatic work related HR story for the reason why he is shutting down(like peter and the wolf) will make him look like a tragic hero to some, but it will probably come back to haunt him because there are people out there that will call his work and request for him to be allowed to continue his podcast.
    836CF92E-71AC-434A-BCCE-0B615A8AB7D6 (resized).jpeg836CF92E-71AC-434A-BCCE-0B615A8AB7D6 (resized).jpeg29F419FB-EE38-4372-B8C1-2A4C63AEA2CF (resized).jpeg29F419FB-EE38-4372-B8C1-2A4C63AEA2CF (resized).jpeg

#483 3 years ago

Maybe he could get Kaneda's Master and Tony Montana to co-host a new show?

Or maybe not.

#484 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

On the bright side....no more DrFrightner episodes!

Amen to that!

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shenker did some killer stuff with the scorpions in the 70s too!

20200626_184115 (resized).jpg20200626_184115 (resized).jpg
    #486 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Hey if you keep talking like this people will say that your not playing nice in the pinside sandbox

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey if you keep talking like this people will say that your not playing nice in the pinside sandbox

Oh I already got a warning from the mods lmao still going to be a dick though, it’s just my nature.

#488 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Oh I already got a warning from the mods lmao still going to be a dick though, it’s just my nature.

lmao - you go man - someone needs to tell it like it is now that no Kaneda. I hope our man Cary Hardy will carry the torch of honest and unbiased reviews going forward.

#489 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

[quoted image]

Anyone who likes journalistic style podcasts should give this a listen. There is a story within the story, of the manager of some of the biggest bands of the 80's, that was a fascinating tale.

#490 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Anyone who likes journalistic style podcasts should give this a listen. There is a story within the story, of the manager of some of the biggest bands of the 80's, that was a fascinating tale.

This podcast, regarding the C.I.A. and the Scorpions, is very well researched. It charts the history of covert involvement in the music industry. . .the creation of propaganda. . .highly recommended.

I was unable to post a link to the article. Instead, I posted an image of the NYT article for those interested in locating the podcast.

#491 3 years ago

This thread is peak pinside. Soak it in boys, the comments don't get this good very often. We've got conspiracy theories, political ramblings, memes, misty-eyed eulogies, and on and on. Seriously, even if you you read this entire thread, go back and give it another whirl, normally you have to pay extra for this kind of content.

Godspeed you misty-eyed middle-aged conspiracy theorists who alongside loving pinball also apparently are socio-political experts on how the rise, fall, second rise and second fall of Kaneda somehow matters. Godspeed.

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

We've got conspiracy theories, political ramblings, memes, misty-eyed eulogies, and on and on.

You forgot FB stalkers like @LoveNeverDiesGuy.

#493 3 years ago

His Facebook post does say "accused me of something horrible that was unfounded. 2 seperate accusers".

I could be wrong, but I believe him that someone did contact his work and it isn't just a hype to his 500th episode

#494 3 years ago

I would bet whoever tried to stir shit up with Kaneda’s work probably owns a Stranger Things.

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

I would bet whoever tried to stir shit up with Kaneda’s work probably owns a Stranger Things.

Don’t be a 'machinist'.

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

Don’t be a machinist.

How does a machinist equate to owning that turd of a game?? is that some sort of Aussie term?

#497 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

How does a machinist equate to owning that turd of a game?? is that some sort of Aussie term?

It was a play on the word racist. People who own Stranger Things are not bad people.

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

It was a play on the word racist. People who own Stranger Things are not bad people.

Pro or Le/ Premium?

#499 3 years ago

The only thing missing from this thread is a poll "Who ratted on Kaneda?"

#500 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

The only thing missing from this thread is a poll "Who ratted on Kaneda?"

I vote for - "who couldn't care less"

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/10?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.