Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I am a fan of Kanedas podcast but the gary episode has to be the lamest episode released.

I think it was a spoof to scoop Franchi but yes very lame - c'mon Chris you gotta do better!! On a good note at least Kaneda isn't a schill like so many of these other podcasters especially the one that has a thing for barnyard animals

3 months later
    #260 3 years ago

Congrats to Kaneda - you did it again and are the real PEOPLES choice !! no goats and buy buy buy from you

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Kaneda is the truth teller to the powerful. Someone who will not stand for subpar standards and execution.
    In terms of his opinions, Chris is someone who has the pulse of the community. He knows what we think, and his goal is to push the community and hobby forward. Often to the detriment of his own ratings. He really tries to focus on the consumer, and does at time get bogged down in the quagmire.
    I for one am glad he’s back. There may be obeyed leaders, but he is someone with the will and and desire to effectuate change.

Hey Kaneda isn't a saint but he does have valid opinions on most things and he is not a shill like the other guy that thinks he's all that and a bag of chips - you know the one that can't sing and likes barnyard animals

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't really care for the Pinball Network stuff as I feel like they are trying way to hard to sell me stuff. Kaneda is full of himself for sure, but that makes it entertaining. Enjoy that baby!

yes the network is a big infomercial to shill, shill, shill Clever marketing to be sure you just need to leave the barnyard animals sounds out, stop the bad singing, lame banter and get to the point. Oh wait the point is for you to buy, buy, buy

Quoted from delt31:

Did you guys see the numbers? That was the best part. Kaneda wiped the floor with them.
    The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place.

Yes this must be a hard pill to swallow for the big heads over there

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yup it’s confirmed. Zpinman, Delt, and Seenev are Ice Cream Shoppe Sample Tasters...typical...

Tough words coming from a Twippy loser

Not into ice cream, but we have drank the Kaneda cool aid and obviously more than just some of us like it. As the numbers dictate, Kaneda kicked the TPN's ass around the block and it wasn't even close.

Is Kaneda perfect NO but who is. For some of us we like the entertainment and having someone who will actually hold the manufacturers accountable for what they offer up. Unlike others who do nothing but cheerlead in order to make bank

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Maybe one day I'll finally win a TWIPY...or three...a man can dream, sigh...

We all know you have won some for your SDTM content. That is good entertainment with your partner the bone man so we can all respect that

2 months later
    #429 2 years ago

You listen because its ENTERTAINMENT and he does bring up some very valid points about issues that do concern the vast majority of collectors and those of us that buy NIB.

Unlike some that just shill for the manufactures so they can line their pockets and nary say a negative thing other than buy, buy, buy

I do kind of miss the old Kaneda where he would go off on an epic rant dropping f-bombs galore - Ah those were the days

#502 2 years ago

Quoted from xbloodgreenx:He's the National Enquirer of pinball

Yes he may be, but do you know how many people say they never read that rag but ALWAYS look at it when they are in the checkout.

We may not like everything Kaneda does and some of it is down right not cool BUT he does have his redeeming qualities when it comes to voice of the people against some of the sketchy practices of the manufacturers with trying to supply a substandard product.

The other podcasters don't like the fact that he calls it for what it is, even if with a Kaneda slant, as they are all way to busy being sycophant's to whomever they can, to get the interview, or make bank.

#530 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Why do you buy into this narrative? Because he repeats it so much?
    The world is not a handful of podcasters and what they cover or not... Just because some of his favorite targets don't cover the topic, doesn't mean he is the sole champion of the topic. This is just more talking head non-sense where people repeat it enough until others start to believe it.

There is no narrative with the playfield issues as it's been well documented.

The thing is Kaneda is the only one that is seriously putting it out there and trying to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire and get resolution.

It's highly unlikely it will happen as most of the other podcasters especially the TPN guys who have all drank the cool aid of BUY,BUY,BUY and are a bunch of lemmings following the goat lover that can't sing

We know where his interests are $$$$$

They all have a "buddy" connected in some fashion i am sure, so very little objectivity when it comes to calling them out.

Is Kaneda an ass at times 100% but so are we all and I am sure some will call me an ass for putting this out there, so let the down votes start

#533 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Does it matter? Let’s see some proof that Kaneda has effectively changed anything in this industry.
    This isn’t the first time playfield issues have happened... And he’s bitched about it before. Do you honestly think that created change? Apparently not.

Hey I know it hasn't and likely won't either, as the masses keep buying NIB even knowing we are getting shit on by the manufacturers.

My point was that very few of the other podcasters are willing to say anything to hold them accountable (Cary Hardy is one exception) as they either have a connection, still want to get "the interview" or are making $$$$ off of their silence.

It's all a disservice to those who buy NIB

#536 2 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:Buffalo Pinball has...

And for those other pods, It’s not a disservice to people buying NIB... those people have access to plenty of information make an informed decision.
    This, of course, assumes that the playfield issues are widespread. .

It IS a disservice when you have certain people acting as the head cheerleaders for some of these companies to make bank and or stay in good with them.

Are the issues widespread I would say no BUT at the price of a NIB game there should be very few issues if the QC is any good which apparently is not the case at most of the manufacturers.

If there is a problem it should be resolved in a timely fashion and from what we see here on Pinside (even if we are all cry babies) it looks like most cases are not easily taken care of........ Just saying

#553 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... stop listening to so many podcasts and actually go outside and see real people. The podcast tit-for-tat world is not real world - its just an echo-chamber of a small group of people.

You sir are like a pirate program - i say end of the line for you

6 months later
    #1075 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Currently he is at 307 Patreon subscribers which is up from 303 when I first checked a few hours after the announcement yesterday.
    Not for me but if anyone wants to join, here is the link:
    https://www.patreon.com/kanedapinball?fbclid=IwAR299z-k226F0chrcw5y25aWcBZo4xhyEbmixH7-U-KipoTAFW6JsxbcJAM
    I think it will be interesting to monitor the ebb and flow of subscribers over time. (also at that link)

Curious how Kaneda thinks he is going to win any more Twipys by going silent to the masses and just as pay for play set-up.

He is no different now than the other schill - Buy, Buy, Buy - who made a network to promote his business interests I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to the Quan

p (resized).pngp (resized).png
    #1202 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I also listened to that Zombie Yeti interview and holy crap their podcasts are tough to listen to. I don’t want to bring anyone else down and I love listening to TPN podcasts when I’m working. When I see that’s who the newest podcast is by I always try to listen, get super annoyed a few minutes in and turn it off. The prior one that compared pins to movies where at seems like neither of them had played the pin or seen the movie was wild.

Content just for contents sake is just lame - the whole thing is an infomercial to shill product for the sponsors and make you want to Buy, Buy,Buy

The longer the podcast the more they can shill- simple math actually and no different than watching broadcast TV - commercial every 10-12 minutes

As much as we don't like it at least Kaneda is being upfront about the need to be paid for his content. Unlike others, who as soon as you say - hey your making $$ off this - they get all indignant and have their fanboys rise up in chorus to extoll their virtues like a bunch of lemmings.

Kaneda is a bit hypocritical though, but hey if we don't like it we don't have to pay and no more twipy for you !!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.