Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#96 3 years ago

Enjoy your podcast and appreciate your time and effort. Hobby wasn’t the same while you were gone. Keep it professional and you’ll go even further this time around.

#109 3 years ago

Chris, it is not professional to rag on about how much designers should make, building pinball machines. I know running my own business, if someone were to put the idea in another persons head they should be making more than their currently getting paid, wouldn’t be too happy. Running a business is a very tough balance, especially in times like these. RMS of a product and designer wages are not or should not be tied together, the way you suggest. Current scheme works and has worked back to the days of Bally/Williams.

Without Stern, Keith would be still designing in his basement. I’ve heard him say he enjoys having the large Stern facility at his command instead and the fact his designs are now enjoyed the world over.

Without Gary struggling to hang in there all these years, pinball would most likely be totally gone, along with the opportunity to create a pinball designers legacy.

#114 3 years ago

Chris, remove the masks and you might feel differently about the game drawing you in. Humans relate to things by facial expressions, even more important than words. It’s unfortunate that AIQ a potential winner for game of the year had to be streamed under the mask conditions.

Do you know how a book will draw you in more than a movie can? That’s the power of a book of comics, which this game is part and parcel comics. It has potential to draw you in, more than a movie, because of the power of your imagination. Book readers often don’t want to see a movie, because the movie they have in their mind is better.

Stop with the bad guy scenario too. This is comics and plenty of bad guys in it. Doesn’t need to be any worse to be effective. We don’t want dark in the game, its not needed and keeps with the comic feel.

1 week later
    #171 3 years ago

Getting fed up with Kaneda constantly shilling for JJP and slamming Stern at every turn. We get it, you won’t buy anything Stern (except Batman) and want everything JJP. JJP choice is only 5 machines produced over a 10 year period. Stern has produced 40 or more over that same period.

Chris it is hurting what ever kind of reputation you’ve had with this behavior. Stop with the slamming of Stern and building up JJP, because it is getting very old. Communicating your opinion can be done without Stern being constantly put down and JJP constantly touted as the greatest company ever, with the greatest designer ever. Eric to date, has only designed one game ever! How can one game make anyone the greatest designer ever???

Please think about this and your podcast will be taken more seriously and enjoyed better, imo. Inside info is good and enjoy your show/effort except what I’ve mentioned above.

1 year later
    #1227 2 years ago

He is finally doing what he should have done ages ago: monetize his efforts and its not very much at that. Does anyone of us work for free?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.