Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My curiosity stems more from a sociological viewpoint: I truly can't figure out why the hell people are so interested in the opinions of somebody that owns one game, has never restored a game, has no appreciable repair skills that he's ever shared with anybody, and has seemingly been wrong on his facts more than a weatherman. If you're listening to him purely for entertainment value, your feeding into the narcissism of somebody that wouldn't even help you if you were dying in a gutter. There's a lot more entertainment out there made by people who are great people and great assets to this community.
    If I actually listened to podcasts, I'd love to hear one from LTG . A great guy who is an encyclopedia of knowledge and interesting stories from his years in the business. It'll never happen, though.

#411 3 years ago

Pinball “Dyson”. Note Kaneda’s own description of working with Dyson earlier in his career.

If this was Kaneda, and I certainly consider it possible, it’s an interesting demonstration (validation?) of his personality. Assuming a different persona to utterly obliterate his “real” character in public. We’ve seen it before. And it’s odd. And at odds with Kaneda’s arguably improved public/social behavior in the last couple years.

Even with the improved behavior there’s always high drama and plenty of it. Always. And that doesn’t figure to change.

It’s all quite fascinating when you consider he doesn’t even own a pinball machine. I don’t care what his reasons are, any ambassador of the pinball hobby needs to own a machine. And have it in their home. Especially having two arcade cabinets in his apartment.

Myself, I’ve always enjoyed Chris’ company, and his podcast. But he’s one different cat to be sure.

2 months later
    #475 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

Lol. Me too.

1 week later
    #592 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not by the listeners numbers and voting base? Poor shmuck!
    I honestly wonder why they're still talking to him at all (when he recently said he'd a call with George Gomez).
    Wow, I mean I'd give my testicles to meet George Gomez and Steve Ritchie!
    (And yes, I have children and I don't want more, so...)

And you’ve always wanted to sing the soprano parts?

#633 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

I like his podcasts, I think he tells it like it is, where a lot of people beat around the bush and don't want to upset the apple cart.

“Cliche!” The new fragrance. By KANEDA! Smell it like it is!

#688 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Prices started to plummet on GNR values the minute all these JJP GNR PF chipping, pooling, crinkling, cracking photos began showing up. That’s why people are taking the refunds being given by JJP instead of trying to sell them. Tragic that so many PFs have failed already, with more to come as time goes by.

Plummet.

#700 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

The fact that JJP has only offered to buy back CEs and even then telling customers that they have to decide by the end of the next business day is them jerking customers around. It's a joke to them. They know that customers are reluctant to take the offer at best, and forcing them to decide immediately gets JJP off the hook while agonizing the customer. Before GnR, when JJP was still struggling to sell games like DI, Potc, and WW, their attitude was quite different. They were much more apologetic, ultimately offering solutions that didn't require customers to give up the game. But now that they have more orders than they can handle? They're all too happy to twist the knife with a win/win for them. Either the customer keeps the game without them having to do anything, or the customer sends the game back and JJP now has a CE number available for them to assign to a new build that is now worth far more than they sold out for originally. JJP will give that $12,500 back, take that CE number and put it on another game, and sell it for $20,000 or more through unofficial channels.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I think you’re a little wrapped around the Axel on this one dude.

#701 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

The down votes clearly show how many "easily offended" millennial, "the world owes me a living", twerps there are on here - away you go twerps, another post for you to be 'offended by' and down vote - hahahaha

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have to chuckle every time someone says this. JJP is a tiny company that has only put out 6 games in 12 years. Other than WOZ at $6500 they’ve struggled to sell many of anything. Spooky may soon overtake them. Lol. Surely CGC is larger. AP has already put out half as many games. With Dennis there, they could easily take over JJP. It is a mirage JJP is called number 2. Stern makes more machines in a month than JJP does every couple of years. Lol

All AP’s and Spookys games together probably didn’t outsell Wonka. GTFO.

#772 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Getting kicked off online forums? That’s it? Anything else?

Newb.

#774 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Indeed. Am I Welcome?

Sure, but do your homework.

#783 2 years ago

Decisions really are easier when money is involved. This one is a “no”.

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Unless he said something different , you only have to pay to hear his " unfiltered "opinions .
    I listen but I would never pay to hear any podcast .
    If you do have to pay to hear him now , he'll only have a handful of listeners and no more Twipy's .

Good point! Expect him back on regular free podcasts in three…two….

#812 2 years ago

Huh. Kanedas podcast hasn’t loaded on my iPad since June 7th. But now I see he’s got 3 since then on SoundCloud? I figured he just went Patreon only, but I guess not.

#821 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

How many hater Kaneda fans are up in here!?
    You know you listen hahaha!

Well, a thousand less people are listening to him now than at his peak, for what that’s worth.

I know I listen fairly regularly, so you got that right, but his listenership is definitely in decline. And as someone who’s listened to him from the beginning, I find his podcast less interesting now than it used to be. Episodes pile up now (never used to) and I often don’t listen all the way through.

Two years ago, his podcast was entertaining to the point that I might have considered a Patreon donation (if that was the only was to listen). But frankly it’s not good enough now.

#847 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

And just like that....[quoted image]

#915 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

For real record , I’ve listened to Howard Stern when he was with Imus , he was hated by the majority , but his “haters” kept him in the news
    which , I believe , led to his success . Sounds very similar at that point .

Totally. Two titans of radio. Ruled the NY - and then National - airwaves for decades. Two iconoclasts. Two multi-millionaires.

And Kaneda. A pinball podcaster with 2,000 listeners.

Totally the same. Nailed it.

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

I remember when 2livecrew was banned. This ain’t that, and that was some BS.

BOOM! Nailed it! 2LiveCrew and Kaneda are more alike than Chris and his own twin brother!

What fabulous prize has he won Bob? Bob: No less than the entire Internet! For today at least.

#941 2 years ago

But K will be all over this on Thursday. Lol.

5 months later
    #951 2 years ago

He recently said pinball is the last thing he wants to spend his money on.

He also continues to flip games that haven’t even been built yet for personal gain.

He doesn’t currently have a pinball machine. Will he ever again?

He also constantly - and capriciously - does a “hypes/trashes” cycle with games, companies and people. But plays the victim card every chance he gets.

This is good for the hobby how?

I used to be a fan, but I find him almost unlistenable now. I might be done.

#965 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, judging by the downvote you just got, I think we can surmise one of Kaneda's fake accounts now.

Lol. Ya think!? An account supposedly 10 years old with no posts.

#973 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I stopped listening also as the constant sales pitches to sign up are getting obnoxious. Feels like the free to play apps on the phone with the constant ads! No thanks! Other than that I’ve always enjoyed his shows.

I actually like Kaneda personally. These comments are about the show.

Too much of the show now is Patreon solicitations, naming his subscribers, talking about his twippys and asking people to vote for him for the twippy. And complaining about getting no sleep because of his amazing new child and best wife ever. Oh, and what a great marketer he is.

Then there’s the section of the show where he goes on about something that he said - vehemently - the exact opposite about 2 or 3 shows prior. Then he accuses or blasts someone for something that he himself has been guilty of numerous times.

And he wraps up by saying pinball isn’t important, Its too expensive, he’s not spending any more of his money on it, and tells everyone to go outside and get some exercise.

The only time he actually talks about pinball, he’s usually dead wrong (about a game being good or bad, or whatever). The meat of his show is about dream themes, teasing rumors or stating the obvious about the manufacturers.

It’s the same schtick that used to amuse but now it’s just tired.

His interviews are well done. But are usually wasted on normal Joe’s that have as much to do with the pinball industry as your average pinsider. That’s fine on occasion, but it’s not terribly informative. That’s what Pinside is for.

And the interview with “Gary Stern” was lame.

#1000 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.
    Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

Huh? Do tell.

#1014 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Eh? I just did.

I meant the story behind you buying Zilla LE. More details. You saying he didn’t sell an LE for $16k to defray the costs of the next LE he lines up (flips and never takes delivery of)? What shtick etc?

#1015 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I really enjoy the entertainment that his podcast and videos provide. I support him through patreon because of this.I also support other pinball content creators through doations and merchandise, but Kaneda is my favourite........ I get that his content can be divisive to some, but demonising the guy just for making content is rather silly.
    There are plenty of other great pinball content creators if Kaneda isn't your cup of tea. TPN have great shows and streams, as well as IE Pinball, deadflip etc. There are plenty to choose from

Demonizing? Criticizing the Kaneda proclaimed “greatest pinball podcast ever” is demonizing Kaneda? Anyone who creates content should expect some form of criticism. Especially anyone claiming their content is great. Lol.

Whatever people say about him personally is certainly fair considering his track record. And you’ll notice that I said I like him personally. Many do. Kaneda’s public persona is different than his private self. Usually. Kaneda’s problem is that on top of his long track record of well documented offensive Pinside behavior, he has, on at least one occasion, behaved like an absolute douche at a public pinball event. People have long memories.

I’d say he’s done pretty well for himself all things considered. Unfortunately, for this former listener, his podcast sucks now.

#1041 2 years ago

Todays episode was a joke. And he perpetuates the lie that he was banished from Pinside for wanting to tell the truth. That’s obviously revisionism for his newb patrons. I find it highly offensive as do many others I’m sure.

#1059 2 years ago

Ok guys. Spill on the troll twin brother!

Stories. Screen shots. The works.

This could be the new DeepRoot cheap thrill thread!

#1091 2 years ago

Are people who don’t speak their mind that prevalent? I always hear this. “I like him because he tells it like it is blah blah blah”. If this type of thing is a revelation for you I suggest you change your habits and the company you keep.

Frankly, most people who purportedly “tell it like it is” aren’t really doing any such thing. They’re often times just self absorbed rude narcissists and borderline sociopaths with a selfish agenda who lack any empathy whatsoever.

#1109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

I evidently missed the historical drama with this individual - but one thing is absolutely clear - he is a POLARIZING figure and I mean absolutely polar opposite opinions out of phase 180 degrees
    This is a very interesting phenomena and thoughts and emotions have constantly kept this thread lit up

Actually this thread was dead for months. I was just bored, and there’s very little drama on Pinside these days (now that DeepToot has been confirmed the fraud most of us knew they were) so I stoked it.

#1110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

No bad habits and I keep good company, but thanks for the advice.
    Perhaps judgement has become a little clouded with ref to “tell it like it is” and your own personal perception of K…..
    Cambridge Dictionary
    “to describe a situation honestly without avoiding any unpleasant details”
    You’ve reminded me, crime scene and investigation is on Netflix later….. thanks

Lol. Honestly?

Must be the language barrier. You obviously missed my point.

Or you’re just gullible.

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The irony of everyone laying into Kaneda about not listening anymore when clearly everyone has been listening, lol.
    I'm not defending his actions, or what kind of person he is, clearly he's done some not so great things.
    But he's the only podcast that doesn't seem to be driven by industry financial backers or friends in the industry. You just can't have honest conversation about things when money is involved when you say the wrong thing. That's the main reason his podcast exists and is successful, everyone else is walking on eggshells while he just crushes them, lol.
    I will say that going behind a paywall will probably end the Twipy's for him. I do agree that he had been going on about the Kaneda club a little too much lately, but I get it, just like all the other podcasts that are driven by money he's finally trying to monetize it a little. He's just doing it from us instead of sponsors, kind of like how pinside does it from us instead of sponsors.

You’re not reading or comprehending the thread at all. And to say he’s the only content creator not influenced by the industry or profit is absurd, conspiratorial, uninformed and narrow minded.

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Or maybe he should start owning his choices and either:
    1) stop dedicating countless hours making podcasts and facebook posts and streams and whatever else about a hobby he constantly says is so dumb and unimportant compared to being with family and friends and exercising and driving cars and eating at fancy restaurants and whatever else
    or
    2) keep doing all the same stuff he's doing and stop endlessly complaining about it.
    The way he talks, you'd think he's been cursed by a gypsy to have to dedicate so much of his life, identity, and emotional energy to something he doesn't even particularly like all that much. As far as I know, he has not been.
    It sounds draining and not fun. For his own inner peace, it would be beneficial to do an honest self check-in to figure out what he actually wants out of all of this, and then align his actions with those goals so that he doesn't constantly feel burdened and insufficiently appreciated/compensated/rewarded/whatever.

key post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.