Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#461 2 years ago

Hey Chris - since you kept saying “I don’t get it” during your apology & I know you’re reading this, I’ll explain it so you get it.

There’s a difference between critiquing a public figure and attacking a private person. You’ve created a false equivalency between the two. YOU made the choice to be a public figure. You. No one who comments on you via the internet owes you anything. You’re a pundit. Imagine if any of the daily TV/Radio pundits went online to read what people are saying about them...do they then try to use their platform to find out who they are & and put a spotlight on them? Pundits have power, and unfortunately followers of some pundits will follow a little too hard, and do things because they thought their “trusted authority figure” wanted them too. Never forget: words are powerful & people can be nuts.

Then there’s the hypocrisy factor. People have come after you and your job multiple times. How do you not see that these personal attacks on people destroy any sympathy anyone would have for you if this ever happens again.

#491 2 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Honest question - why are so many so bent out of shape about everything these days?

Honest question - why are so many unaware of the concept of “actions have consequences” and “accountability for one’s actions” these days?

I think the fact that many of us are offering advice, with the intent to help someone who has done something wrong, shows that we’re not “bent out of shape”, but trying to turn this into a teachable moment.

#561 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Same*ish*
    (I think it‘s 5 or so...)

Amateurs, I’ve got 56 in the “collection” lol

1 week later
    #703 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

The down votes clearly show how many "easily offended" millennial, "the world owes me a living", twerps there are on here - away you go twerps, another post for you to be 'offended by' and down vote - hahahaha

…or maybe we see boring cliche divisive propaganda for what it is?

1 week later
    #814 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Huh. Kanedas podcast hasn’t loaded on my iPad since June 7th. But now I see he’s got 3 since then on SoundCloud? I figured he just went Patreon only, but I guess not.

Go to Apple podcasts and search for it, you’ll see it’s not subscribed anymore. Just subscribe again and it’ll all load up right.

#816 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Or do yourself a favor, and don't .

Touché lol

5 months later
    #986 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

In the past I've been a strong supporter of Kaneda on Pinside but no longer. He's lost me also and for the same reasons as some have recently posted in this thread...and more.

So what you’re saying is, you’re no longer going to donate money on my behalf?

#993 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He said that he'll no longer be doing free episodes of his podcasts. From now on, only behind a paywall.
    Over/under on how long that will last.

My prediction: new non-Klub podcast after the Rush reveal. Gotta pump to flip!

#998 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Then he can hook you up with another one at cost like he did Godzilla LE. Win-Win

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.

Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Wait, wasn't that spot supposed to be a giveaway to a lucky listener? Did the giveaway happen, or did that never materialize?

That also happened.

#1009 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So it was rigged? Ugh...

No, please don’t make up stories. That contest was legit. He gave one spot to the contest. He gave one spot to me.

#1021 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I meant the story behind you buying Zilla LE. More details. You saying he didn’t sell an LE for $16k to defray the costs of the next LE he lines up (flips and never takes delivery of)? What shtick etc?

Ok, I’ll clarify so people stop putting fake stories together. Nothing I’m going to say isn’t anything that hasn’t been said by Chris publicly - I’ll just put the pieces together so it’s clear.

Chris had 3 Godzilla LE’s preordered. 1 to keep, 2 to flip. He gave one of the spots to a listener via raffle that he held live on FB at Automated. He gave 1 spot to me, which was a friendly gesture & I really appreciate it…but he also did it because at the time he didn’t see the flipping opportunity with 1000 units. (I don’t want to post private texts, but I have the receipts lol). Once he saw what they were flipping for, he sold the 3rd which was originally meant to keep.

The “schtick” was that he’d razz me for not joining the Klub. He’d goof on me during FB Lives for not joining. After he saw GZLE’s selling for a lot, that schtick turned into “I gave up $5k in profits to Greg, and he won’t even pay $5 a month to be in the club! That cheap bastard!”

So, there we go - and while I know he was joking about the Klub stuff…his fans, especially the Klub ones, can get a wee bit culty. So - when he’d talk about me not joining, they’d start to get on my ass about it, and that is a bit weird. Very “one of us, one of us”.

So why didn’t I just give in and join the Klub? I’ve always been immune to peer pressure. The more you goad me to do something, the less likely I am to do it. And even though I like the guy on a personal level, let’s be real - he brags about money. He brags about flipping games, buying Gucci, flipping Gucci Xboxes, expensive NY dinners & drinks, his expensive car & rocket fuel gas or whatever….when you’ve made that part of your identity, begging for $5 a month is quite frankly off-putting. He’ll use the baby’s expenses as a pitch - I have a young child, too. I have the same expenses. On principle, I’m not going to pay for that when there’s so much flexing about money & material things.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's golden, so he had an extra pin he didn't think he could flip and you took it off his hands to lessen his risk - and he turns it around that he's the hero and you are the ungrateful damsel. LOL

Bingo - and it’s just a joke/schtick for the FB Lives, but his listeners don’t know that. They think he’s legit upset at me and that I’m an ungrateful fuck. I’m not. I’ve thanked him multiple times…but two things can simultaneously exist: Me being thankful, and me not liking the tactics/pitch to join a Patreon.

#1043 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

You should hear or see what his his twin brother does on his page and to his listeners. Really an awful human makes K man look like a Saint.

Pure evil. I blocked him almost immediately after he started his UltraTroll routine. Hard to imagine someone that abrasive and despicable is successful & not in prison. Chris is a gaddamn sweetheart compared to that monster….but you can see where his worst tendencies come from - imagine having that psychopath as your mirror image growing up.

#1050 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Ask Rarehero the meme he made of him and his family from his Facebook profile. Sick.

That’s when I immediately blocked him. So, I have no idea what he’s been up to for the past 2 years - but I can only assume it’s more evil.

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Since this guy is making people pay for content, I guess he needs to start paying fees to all of the music acts he's been ripping off for use of their copyrighted content?

He can use this new logo to avoid copyright issues

0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.