Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#136 3 years ago

#150 3 years ago

Good listening, better than before not as much ranting and whining.

Listening to topper episode has a good review at the end of that episode about R&M review which I agree with him about. I’m getting R&M and think it’s probably a B level but the theme and the humor and call outs and clips make it worth it for me.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I’m a big fan of the podcast content, but he has totally inconsistent and contradictory opinions on the same topics for different pins. He’s good at gaslighting you into thinking “yeah yeah! He’s so right!” until you realize the inconsistency. Usually he takes the ‘side’ that is opposite of whatever the manufacturer does. One hilarious recent take is spinning the Elwin / Zombie Yeti duo into a bad thing because we’re getting too much of them... Think about the mental gymnastics on making that a bad thing. He’d make a great politician.

He’s good to hear about the rumors and has some good takes here and there. But overall imo his opinions are often wrong at least to my thinking. I think about game code and how well a pin plays and even if it evolves into something great such as any number of pins TWD etc.

Chris is far more concerned about if something released on a specific date or who is the name on the code or art not bothering to look at the code just who the name is attached to the code is all he cares about.

He doesn’t like Dwight for whatever reason he just will lump every game Dwight does as a missed opportunity. But imo Dwight is one of the better coders.

Chris should say he doesn’t like Dwight code or he doesn’t understand what nuances and strategy can be brought out with different lead coders.

He doesn’t like Steve Ritchie, Lawlor and Borg and thinks only the two new guys Keith and Eric can make great games. It’s so much over saturated with his petty opinions not really understanding that other designers and code guys know what they’re doing.

He got all amped up about Wonka like he was going to have a happy ending with it. I thought nothing can be as great as he thinks Wonka is. Next thing you know Wonka is garbage.

So when he’s saying GnR is so great that just makes me think there’s a 50:50 chance it’ll be great and 50:50 chance it’ll suck.

#172 3 years ago

He has zero credibility as a reviewer 100% he is a poser. But I listen because of his rumors and his summation of hot topics.

#173 3 years ago

I guess this is an accurate description of K man.

F2967465-CE94-4B91-A934-F0F65E4B4590 (resized).jpegF2967465-CE94-4B91-A934-F0F65E4B4590 (resized).jpeg

#180 3 years ago

We can have a Kaneda drinking game. Every time he says “world under glass” we take a shot.

2 months later
    #219 3 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

That "Gary Stern" interview was sophomoric and lame. Give me back my TWIPY vote.

LoL one of my pet peeve is how Chris mis uses the word sophomoric. He says Keith’s sophomoric pin or Eric’s sophomoric pin (when he means Keith’s second pin). He doesn’t know sophomoric doesn’t mean second something.

I’m like dude if you don’t know what a word means don’t use it.

6 months later
    #531 2 years ago

39FA103E-4701-47B4-B894-4017E75B3378 (resized).jpeg39FA103E-4701-47B4-B894-4017E75B3378 (resized).jpeg

#550 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

For your viewing pleasure...
    [quoted image]
    I think Kaneda actually looks a bit like Bruce Boxleitner here when you blow it up...

I always thought it was Jack Sparrow for the win!!

#585 2 years ago

What a goofball. You mean he’s not even unboxed his GnR? This tells you everything you need to know about him. He doesn’t really play pinball it’s just part of his mania.

#614 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

He says he's not going to do anything with his NIB GNRCE until JJP sends him a new pf so he can then send the game to HEP on his dime to bulletproof it.
    He obviously didn't think through that idiotic statement!
    Send the NIB game in box to HEP and he will fix it up NOW for you. Don't need a new pf.
    He loves ginning up the uninformed dummy whiner crowd. Because he's part of it. Lol
    Do a "Podcaster babies" episode. The hypocrisy of whining about other people invading and trolling his FB live Bs is hysterical when considering the shit he has pulled in the past with Levi and basically every other event/site you can think of.

Why can''t he play the game and if it needs something fix it later on? To him a pinball is not something you play it's art to look at or something to hold on as speculation. He should have bought a Supreme pinball.

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Chris rants and raves over GNR and Eric being greatest designer of all time, lol. Eric is okay, but he’s only designed 2 machines ever. First one nobody wanted till they stopped production at 1k. Second one looks good with all the lights, but seriously download the GNR manual from JJP. There is nothing in that game, except a box of lights, with some trinkets that do not interact with the ball. You could seriously spend $10 for GNR greatest hits and buy an elaborate LED/Laser light box that works to the music for $250 and your near the same experience. GNR is way overrated by the Stern hate/JJP fanboys. GNR does not shoot very well either, so not sure what the attraction is all about, except the music of GNR and light show? Chris keeps saying he’ll not touch it or talk about JJP ever again, till they fix PF issues. That alone is motivation for JJP to never fix the issues. Lol
    Enjoy his shows more than others, because for one, he gets right into pinball instead of chatting about what he had for breakfast and is not afraid to ruffle some industry feathers.

I know this is a side topic but imo PotC is overrated not very fun. I just played it yesterday and had a good amount of time before, it’s got a lot of shots and toys but it’s almost like that’s all it has, the assets aren’t great and the gameplay is not for me. I’d take my SW premium straight up over Potc or GnR. I happen to think GnRs has horrible rules. I’m sure some people love them but totally not for me and just shows how Kenada is just a fanboy of GnR because he was all saying it’s the best game ever before he even played it.

#726 2 years ago

Kenada has painted himself in a corner on everything. He says done with podcast then he’s comes back. He said he’s done talking about JJP but we all know Kenada loves to hear himself talk more than anything so he’ll start talking about JJP sooner or later. JJP cares less about Kenada than he cares about GnR JJP won’t care that Special K is not talking about them.

2 weeks later
    #831 2 years ago

#939 2 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Jesus I hope not! I want to believe Charlie & co. are way too smart to even entertain that idea....

"Dance with the devil at your own risk, in The Twilight Zone"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.