Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Unfortunately it’s too late for this. His intro and outro music feature an early Eminem track from an era when Eminem was a misogynistic, homophobic racist...this must be representative of his world views and most likely how he views himself.

Chris has said/done enough stupid things on his own throughout the years. No need to make this big of a stretch to slam the guy.

Currently listening to a Chuck Berry compilation. I can only guess what this makes me in your world view.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

According to Wikipedia, he was a convicted armed robbery tax evading pedophile...this is tremendously disturbing, an absolute disgrace.

You forgot the part where he was convicted of placing video cameras in the bathroom of a restaurant that he owned for his own gratification.

Truly reprehensible guy. According to your argument, I'm a-ok with his past. (I'm absolutely not).

If I gaged musicians by how they lived their lives, my album collection would be minuscule.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

What happened to episode 500?

500 is/was the big JJP expose.

He's either saving it or thought twice about posting it.

6 months later
    #326 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Did you guys see the numbers? That was the best part. Kaneda wiped the floor with them.
    The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place. Kaneda smoked super pinball podcast and quite honestly, pinball network is not even in the same league numbers wise.
    That has to sting if your zach. Ouch.
    If you don't understand why kaneda wins all the time, you're part of the problem. I love the show and enjoy it for what it is. Talking about rumors and how dumb this industry is. Tournament players need not apply. Nobody cares. Have fun, enjoy some entertainment and move on.

I'll never understand posts like this.

I enjoy listening to Kaneda because I'm a radio geek and admire anyone that can do a solo show and keep it entertaining. Chris does that well.

I enjoy The Pinball Show because of the chemistry between Zach and Dennis. Dennis doesn't suffer fools and Zach loves playing the part just to annoy him. They both make me laugh.

It's possible to like one show without gleefully shitting on the other.

...and for those calling for the reinstatement of Kaneda to Pinside....I'm guessin' you don't know his history on here and the things he has said and continues to say about Robin, even as recently as his pre Twipy Facebook show.

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBuzz:

are you just blowing smoke up our ass?

There's got to be a pun in there somewhere.

2 months later
    #452 2 years ago

I've commented on Chris many times on here so my apologies if I sound like a broken record.

When he was on Pinside he was beyond obnoxious, (especially to Robin) and I was glad to see him go. Then he started his podcast and I listened to most episodes. I'm a radio geek and anyone that can do a solo show and keep me entertained during my hikes gets my vote. Like some actors or musicians, I liked the talent aspect but not necessarily the person. My friends could never understand why I listened. I just thought he was entertaining and liked when he held manufacturers accountable for quality issues. I defended him for years.

A couple of months ago, I finally had to tap out. Unfollowed him on Facebook and unsubscribed from the podcast. He's become so one note and predictably boring. (We get it...GnR is the best pin ever) Even his Twipy live stream in March was embarrassing . I felt kind of bad when I started to laugh at him and not with him. He seems to be having some issues as of late ($50 to dox Flynnibus for an innocious post is a prime example) and I truly wish him well, but I'm done.

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I am more amazed you all are more concerned over the fears of doxxing - and not the point the guy couldn't figure out how to type 'flynnibus' into a google search bar - or look at profiles on pinball websites.

I'm mostly amused at the amount that he offered.

Back in the day, when he would get hammered and throw money around on here, it was usually $100 or more.

#575 2 years ago

Has he even unboxed his GnR? Haven't listened in awhile.

6 months later
    #988 2 years ago

He said that he'll no longer be doing free episodes of his podcasts. From now on, only behind a paywall.

Over/under on how long that will last.

#991 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll eagerly be awaiting a thread announcing when he's back!

Yep. His obsession with the TWIPY's, not to mention the attention he craves, won't keep him away for very long.

Chris is pinballs' version of Groundhog Day.

#1025 2 years ago

He just posted another "Farewell" episode.

#1029 2 years ago

Ironically starts the show with Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again".

#1046 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:You should hear or see what his his twin brother does on his page and to his listeners. Really an awful human makes K man look like a Saint.

Really? Must have missed this. I've seen him goof on Chris for being drunk but that was about it.

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Ask Rarehero the meme he made of him and his family from his Facebook profile. Sick.

Wow...I had no idea. The couple of times I saw him in a Facebook chat he was giving Chris grief so I kind of liked him.

I have no idea what the meme was but being disrespectful to anyone's wife or kids is wayyyyyyy over the line and sociopathic.

#1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's why he'll live on like a cockroach... always new people that will come along and not believe the stories and be naive... I mean you just had a poster a page ago admit he didn't know the tale, but bought into ribbing Rarehero because it's the narrative. People are gullible to listen to this believable crap.
    Make him publish the episode where he read his emails he sent to Robin that really lead to him making the guy who would give anyone a lifetime a chances to immediately banish him for good.
    #PublishTheEpisode
    People talk about people 'maturing'.. Maturing? The guy is like 40yrs old, when does one expect him to start maturing and change?
    Same schtick over and over.. eventually some tire of it, but there always seems to be fresh meat to get suckered in.

Agreed.

Many of us have been on here for a long time and can't forget some of the things he did.

Threatening Robin and scamming that kid on the Wreck It Ralph machine by setting up fake accounts are just a couple of things that come to mind.

He was generally at his worst when he was drunk. Spinning his expulsion from Pinside as "cancel culture" and "censorship" shows that he still has a very selective memory. Robin gave him more chances than anyone else and he still blew it.

Too bad he can't own that. That would truly be a sign that he has matured.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.