Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#628 2 years ago

Chris rants and raves over GNR and Eric being greatest designer of all time, lol. Eric is okay, but he’s only designed 2 machines ever. First one nobody wanted till they stopped production at 1k. Second one looks good with all the lights, but seriously download the GNR manual from JJP. There is nothing in that game, except a box of lights, with some trinkets that do not interact with the ball. You could seriously spend $10 for GNR greatest hits and buy an elaborate LED/Laser light box that works to the music for $250 and your near the same experience. GNR is way overrated by the Stern hate/JJP fanboys. GNR does not shoot very well either, so not sure what the attraction is all about, except the music of GNR and light show? Chris keeps saying he’ll not touch it or talk about JJP ever again, till they fix PF issues. That alone is motivation for JJP to never fix the issues. Lol

Enjoy his shows more than others, because for one, he gets right into pinball instead of chatting about what he had for breakfast and is not afraid to ruffle some industry feathers.

#634 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I know this is a side topic but imo PotC is overrated not very fun. I just played it yesterday and had a good amount of time before, it’s got a lot of shots and toys but it’s almost like that’s all it has, the assets aren’t great and the gameplay is not for me. I’d take my SW premium straight up over Potc or GnR. I happen to think GnRs has horrible rules. I’m sure some people love them but totally not for me and just shows how Kenada is just a fanboy of GnR because he was all saying it’s the best game ever before he even played it.

Couldn’t agree more. POTC is only a game others want because it is very limited, but boring game play. POTC removed the 2 most fun mechs in the game that would have made it interesting. DI is a way better shooter with actual mechs, which GNR has none. GNR not only has horrible rules…MB after MB, but it shoots so poorly. In a way, it’s fortunate that GNR has such PF problems, so people can get their money back, now that the hype is over and the smoke has cleared and people can see it for what it really is, not much, but lights and some good sounds. Even 21 songs heard over and over, gets old fast. Of course don’t think LZ is much better, with only 10 songs. Beatles I wanted to buy so badly, has nine songs no longer than 40 seconds each, lol.

#658 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I soured quick on this game after the wow factor wore off.

This in spades. Remove the lights and sound repetitive wow factor and there’s not much there.

#666 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Remove the songs, GNR theme, artwork, integration too while your at it
    GREAT game! And THAT is why it sells for outrageous prices. The market is speaking.
    That’s pretty much it end of story. Huge demand
    Drop that mic. Lol

Yes the market is speaking: huge demand to return the game, lol. JJP is experiencing returns in far larger numbers than you’d think. Outrageous prices being charged by JJP…yes, you got that one right too!

So unfortunate, really wanted to like this game…PF issues, really has soured many folks on what could have been.

Cary kind of nailed the real problems, lol: (4,061 views and counting)

#669 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

They sold out. Yes.
    I can sell mine for $20k today
    It’s a great game so I won’t.
    Move on Jimmy. Lol. You want one but just can’t buy one. I get it. Maybe Kaneda will sell you his for $30k
    Oh, and Toy Story will set out too. Got that?

Grats on liking your game! (Only my mother calls me Jimmy, lol) Kman is too afraid to open his box for fear of what he might find. Don’t think anyone is dumb enough to give him $30k in light of the huge PFgate being reported everyday, the numbers are growing larger and larger of disgruntled people.

#675 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the days of selling GNR CE for a premium price are quickly coming to an end. They're already over for the LE and Standards.

Prices started to plummet on GNR values the minute all these JJP GNR PF chipping, pooling, crinkling, cracking photos began showing up. That’s why people are taking the refunds being given by JJP instead of trying to sell them. Tragic that so many PFs have failed already, with more to come as time goes by.

#677 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ahh Jimmy.. it's just pinball.

So true!

#681 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

It's not a fact based opinion Jimmy is constantly trolling any thread about JJP with the desire to trash games and the people that own them!

Facts are the only thing I go on, as all the photos of distressed GNR, POTC, WW, DI PFs are facts. None of those many photos are my opinion. And for sure not trashing people who own them (its not our fault), or I’d be trashing myself. Just discussing like you the huge issues created by JJPs lack of quality control, nothing more. We all want them to fix the problems and move onto one of my favorite franchises, Toy Story (Along with your hopes, it is my hope this nightmare will be fixed by the time TS rolls out). Come on Romy, let’s not stoop to calling someone a troll, because they don’t have your viewpoint. That is low, even for you.

#691 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm also really sick of hearing about it... Especially when I know that most of the people complaining are still buying NIB pins from JJP and Stern. I think part of the that reason people are so worked up about this issue even if they don't have a GnR is because they know that they'll buy the next game regardless of whether they fix the issue, and they're already stressed out about problems that they don't even have yet. If people were really just done buying these games until they fix the issue, you wouldn't see the level of outrage that we're seeing right now. People would let their money talk. But it seems like there has been little impact on orders and JJP still has a huge backlog to fill, so people still want these games and there's little reason for JJP to do much about it... And Toy Story will be even more popular... So I think everyone should just stop talking about it and cancel their orders or return their games... And if they won't do that, then just accept the game in the state that it's in, because at this point we've all known that's there's been a problem for years now and anyone who buys a NIB game knows what they're getting into. Fool me once...

If people actually keep piling into the next game from JJP, TS knowing all the issues, that makes pinheads the dumbest consumers on the planet. JJP promised and promoted big time that all the PF issues were fixed, is the primary reason pinheads bought into GNR. Can they be so naive on Toy Story with all the facts now, unless JJP actually changes vendors, fixes holes, changes artwork, base coats, etc.?

#697 2 years ago

Kaneda’s crowning moments are when he promoted GNR and WW to a fever pitch, like he was a major stockholder in JJP. All the while knowing the history of failed PFs from JJP, but he thought this time would be different. Kaneda wants GNR soooooo bad he’s willing to spend a great deal more money than he already has to make it hopefully right. Now that is the ultimate FOMO and complete stupidity no matter the title. It proves Chris learned nothing from his Magic Girl foray and is more gullible that ever, completely full of FOMO himself. Chris is a complete hypocrite telling us that we don’t need these games to be happy and we could actually spend our dollars in much better ways, on experiences with our families. He values the title GNR over all other common sense, he’s been telling us to have. What a hypocrite not selling or returning his GNR to prove that he really is fighting for the people. JJP will never change anything they are doing (4 titles and counting), because there are so many hypocrites like Chris in the world, they don’t ever need to fix anything. Everything will sellout now and all the problems JJP creates will fall on deaf ears. Sure glad Stern, Spooky, AP, and CGC have not succumbed to this line of thinking or I would be done with pinball. It’s pathetic and Kaneda is actually leading the way by his own actions.

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

The fact that JJP has only offered to buy back CEs and even then telling customers that they have to decide by the end of the next business day is them jerking customers around. It's a joke to them. They know that customers are reluctant to take the offer at best, and forcing them to decide immediately gets JJP off the hook while agonizing the customer. Before GnR, when JJP was still struggling to sell games like DI, Potc, and WW, their attitude was quite different. They were much more apologetic, ultimately offering solutions that didn't require customers to give up the game. But now that they have more orders than they can handle? They're all too happy to twist the knife with a win/win for them. Either the customer keeps the game without them having to do anything, or the customer sends the game back and JJP now has a CE number available for them to assign to a new build that is now worth far more than they sold out for originally. JJP will give that $12,500 back, take that CE number and put it on another game, and sell it for $20,000 or more through unofficial channels.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Nice there are more people seeing through the clouded veil of JJP. This is a dysfunctional company that now thinks they can get away with selling subpar products, because they have a rapid fan base that will spend anything to get their JJP so called, but not reality “Cadillac of games” fix. Collector types buy JJP, because they are certainly not real pinball players for the most part. JJP designs don’t shoot well, with very poor ball flow dynamics. Take most any of their 6 layouts to find poor shot geometry and ball movement.

#716 2 years ago

Is it confirmed Kaneda deleted his facebook page?

#722 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I would bet big money that most of the people paying outrageous money for GNR CE's haven't actually played it, or at least haven't put more than 20 games on it. GNR is amazing experience when you first play it; not much in pinball could beat the first time I played Live and Let Die. But after the shine wears off, it's probably not worth paying 20k for. So while I'm sure there are exceptions, I don't see most people who've put time on a GNR actually paying a premium for it. The MSRP is probably about where the price should be sitting.

For what little is in GNRCE game (LEDs are penny’s) MSRP is way too much to be charging even. Should be priced no more than it’s rival Stern LE, at $9,1k. Even that might be too high given there are no mechs in the game. Once the impressive light show wears off, after a few plays, it becomes tedious MB after MB play and monotonous hearing those same 21 songs over and over. Yes, LZ only having 10 songs is worse. Beatles nine 40 second songs is the ultimate rip off. Lol

#736 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

the second biggest pinball company on the planet.

Have to chuckle every time someone says this. JJP is a tiny company that has only put out 6 games in 12 years. Other than WOZ at $6500 they’ve struggled to sell many of anything. Spooky may soon overtake them. Lol. Surely CGC is larger. AP has already put out half as many games. With Dennis there, they could easily take over JJP. It is a mirage JJP is called number 2. Stern makes more machines in a month than JJP does every couple of years. Lol

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have to chuckle every time you post a negative JJP post. You are working non stop overtime on it
    You work for Stern right Jimmy? I mean love Stern too but you have to tied to them somehow. Lol
    Now I’m going to play my kick ass GNR, Wonka, STH and JP for tonight. Maybe a little AIQ as well.
    What are you gonna do? Troll the JJP threads?

Come on Icey, you hate truth and denigrate it by name calling? Lol Glad I’m making you laugh at the very least. Lol My Dad Gary likes it and pays me overtime to boot.

#745 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’m not name calling Jimmy! It’s all good and I’m laughing which pinball ought to be about.
    Should I call you Gary Jr instead?
    The truth? I’m having a blast playing all my pins.
    JP is the GOAT for me right now. GNR is a different kind of sexy beast!

All good Icey, enjoy the chit chat. JP is the GOAT, along with AIQ, its a tie.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I hope kanooki is on spooky's payroll after all that shilling.
    On a serious note though, it's clear that he's trying HARD to monetize his podcast, and that spooky gushing is over the top even for Kanaka. I have to wonder if they are paying him in some way.

Kanooki…too funny! Kanooki shilling means he’s now on the out’s with Stern, so instead shilled for JJP. Now on the out’s with JJP, so his new shill is Spooky. Can remember he couldn’t get rid of R&M fast enough after he realized it wasn’t for him. He said it shot so poorly (his opinion) that his stomach was sick just thinking about it and that there was nearly nothing in the game at all. Which he said he realized after seeing GNR, which he paid nearly the same price for. Now’s he’s back to shilling for them, to only trash it down the road again, just like he did on R&M and GNR. Stern can only be sooooo happy he doesn’t buy any of their games since Batman.

1 week later
    #839 2 years ago

Kaneda, my friend Dougy has told me he’s really, really, really, sorry and will apologize at the appropriate time. Please don’t be insulted by Dougy, he’s not himself lately.

Kaneda, we like your effort to entertain us and give us a different look at pinball. We know you’re not hiding behind a paywall. You deserve to receive some coin for your efforts. The laborer is worthy of their hire. You’re going the right path having people make contributions to your massive efforts in this hobby. You’re the only podcast that gets right to pinball and not telling us about what you had for breakfast or singing us an off key numbskul song. Don’t take pinside crowd so seriously, lol.

#884 2 years ago

Beginning to think my buddy Icey and Kman are working together. Dougy slam dunks Kaneda. Kaneda does podcast about Icey and wallah, Kman’s contributors jump from 70 to over 100. Are you in on the take Dougy? Loooool

(Next thing we’ll be seeing is Icey as cohost with Kman. He’s already extended the invitation, lol.)

#885 2 years ago

This whole thing is too funny. And boy did Icey ever get to Kaneda. My son thinks…good job! Lol Wonder what Kman was texting to my buddy Icey before he blasted him? This is a Texas soap opera. My son and I are transplanted Texans. Lol

#895 2 years ago

If you enjoy watching dumpster fires, just come to LA or just stay here at pinside, there’s plenty here too! Lol

#902 2 years ago

He’s a snake and a liar are some of my friends exact words about ol Kman, lol. Understanding more that there are 2 sides to every tale. Yes, he is campaigning for a new Kaneda podcast with a paid wall. Now that I know some of the background, that he might be “hiding behind a paid wall for diaper money” comment made by Icey is hilarious. Chris cunningly used the banter to increase his paid subscriber base. Grats to him. Pinball people will spend thousands on machines and begrudge a few dollars to someone that increases their enjoyment. Go figure.

I’ve ragged on the boy to clean up his mouth in the past and told him it is so unprofessional to have a potty mouth like a drunken sailor. Lol Chris is not as innocent in all this as he tries to come off portraying. Smart marketers know how to manipulate their audience. Lol

#945 2 years ago

Come on Kaneda, get off the Eric M hype train. He’s an okay designer, but very young and inexperienced. No one wanted his first design till it became rare. His second design shoots like a dog to us real pinball players, so no he’s not in the same league as Keith, John, Steve, Pat or George, so quit pretending he is, just because you bought GNR. (Referencing your latest podcast.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.