Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Has happened. Years ago Talk Pinball ran about 6 episodes. ( they are still out there to listen to ) Jesse Kujawa ran it and did the grunt work. Then he had life changes that made him spend more time on other things. And a different webcast burned through just about everybody you could interview at the time.
    Never know what the future might bring. My counterpart Ken Cromwell mentioned maybe doing a podcast.
    Time will tell.
    LTG : )

I’d love listening to LTG in a car talk format podcast, but pinball related. Stump the Chump is the segment that he’d shine. Someone calls in with a pinball problem and Lloyd must ask the right questions and diagnose what he thinks will fix it. Then the person goes off and does the repair or hires someone to fix it. Then they call back in and explain the problem, make sound effects describing the problem, lists LTG’s recommendation and finally what the real fix was. Always great when the host is way off base but having LTG interacting with people in a show format would be gold.

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I thought DEAR LLOYD was a personal counseling or lonely hearts type of thing.

It is but the podcast angle would bring it to life. And highlighting weird problems or difficult customers would make it funny.

#371 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I'm loving the sound of this. Much respect to this gesture and acceptance of the challenge!

hoping the dream theme isn’t Taming of the Kriesel. That one could get a bit messy.

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah but us three would fight with one another more than building a machine. Hahaha

If Zach is picking the theme and he wants a likeable license for everybody, I say swing for the fences. Anxiously awaiting the Harry Potter pin. Get Roger Sharpe negotiating with JKR and bring Dennis to sweet talk her.

2 months later
    #577 2 years ago

KMan needs to rethink his position. Why stop thinking about your dream theme and talking about the GNR pinball experience? I listened to his GNR Democracy show again today, where he mc’s the band’s music and offers pirated tracks of GNR music. It is obvious he is a GNR obsessed fan, so don’t hate on the band by hating on JJP. Don’t stop playing the pinball on location. Don’t stop talking about the plus side of GNR.

When KMan rants against playfield issues at JJP, we don’t wanna forget. Remind us every episode, just keep it short. KMan should keep discussing JJP front and center. Ironically that extra exposure might be the straw that breaks the camels back and get JJP to dump Mirco.

1 week later
    #778 2 years ago

Looking at thread title, note the most recent podcast was 589, or 88 episodes past the last time he quit pinball and returned. This time he is done providing free content. He has risen from the grave already and returned behind a paywall. That’s right, you’ve got to pay to play to hear the new episodes. Old library of episodes is available online for free. Let the grumblings continue.

6 months later
    #1192 2 years ago

Kaneda built a fan base of 300 monthly subscribers to his pinball club podcast.

He did this by providing 600+ free episodes that were heard by a few thousand listeners, and the listeners are frequently reminded of this. Recording the podcasts earned Kaneda 4 TWIPY’s.

Kaneda’s Facebook page went silent on Dec 22 and communications have gone dark. The library of free episodes is unavailable.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. Spend time with family. Arnold Schwarzenegger was asked what he thought would become of Kaneda’s podcast in 2022 and he answered, “He’ll be back!”.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.