Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#353 3 years ago

Regardless of whether one like or dislikes a podcast, you always have the option not be be a douche by attacking the hosts personally. I guess that's the nature of forums though, people get emotional about the weirdest shit.

2 months later
    #750 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have to chuckle every time you post a negative JJP post. You are working non stop overtime on it
    You work for Stern right Jimmy? I mean love Stern too but you have to tied to them somehow. Lol
    Now I’m going to play my kick ass GNR, Wonka, STH and JP for tonight. Maybe a little AIQ as well.
    What are you gonna do? Troll the JJP threads?

Not that I care, but JimWest was born on pinside to troll JJP, literally. Again, I don't care, never owned a JJP and almost certainly never will -- but he obviously had a bad experience with JJP or just loves Stern. It certainly isn't worth having a rational debates on the merits of any JJP pin with him because that not why he is here.

6 months later
    #954 2 years ago

Sorry, I'm bored so I decided to post this. Usually I keep this stuff to my diary.

1. He's objectively a good pinball podcaster in the only way that really matters -- he entertains a lot of people.
    2. Individually our opinions don't matter as long as a lot of people enjoy listening.
    3. I can still cringe and be shocked that this does entertain a lot of people. I mean it really made me second guess whether I wanted to be in this hobby.
    4. The best part of the show are his rumors. Who cares if he's wrong? He's been right enough to make them interesting to debate.
    5. The amount he can talk about pinball is incredible. If you're bored and want to listen to pinball stuff he's always there. Honestly, the sheer amount of time he has put into this is really impressive. Lots of people have gotten a lot of free entertainment.
    6. He used to get real personal in a mean, unappealing way. I'm sure he thought it was warranted because people take super low shots at him all the time (these people think it's justifiable because they think he started it and the cycle continues endlessly). It was disappointing at the time that a podcast born out of spite and meanness succeeded (Okay a little dramatic there).

Personally, I can't stand the show -- in the sense that I can't listen to it for long before giving up on it (then I'll get bored and try again). His takes just annoy the crap out of me and his ego -- my god. But -- I know that if I did a pinball podcast it would be worse in the sense that no one would want to listen to it so who am I to judge?

Sorry for the rant -- like I said, my opinion literally doesn't matter. Who cares if people don't like the show if a lot of people enjoy it? We can always not listen -- the rest get free entertainment.

** edited point -- he's a lot better about the personal shots now (or was when I last listened) and he does admit when he's wrong. I don't mean any of this to imply anything personal about the guy. He seems to have a great life and I hope things go well for him in the future.

#956 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]

I regretted my post the second I hit submit

#990 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Agreed
    Net pinball minutes are fantastic, but above mentioned sale pitches and constant self-praising in third Person…. It’s too much. At the beginning, middle and end of every show it’s Kaneda this and Kaneda that. Obsessively. Without that the content would be much more enjoyable.

It could be worse, his favorite cartoon character could have been Tigger. It still kills me that he refers to himself in the third person as "Kaneda".

1 week later
    #1267 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

No worries!
    Shared that link because I hadn't realized how far back the victimhood quitting and job threatened allegations went (I've only been around for the two most recent cycles).

The post where he forgets to log out of "kaneda" into his fake account is hilarious. I remember episodes here where he got busted having conversations with himself. The fact that he's become an award winning pinball podcaster is just more proof we live in a simulation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.