Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#340 3 years ago

JFC the amount of crybabies is hilarious. He ChEaTeD!!! LOL grow up. If you don't like the guy, then don't listen. I can't imagine getting my panties in such a twist because somebody on the internet hurt my fee fees

#397 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I'm loving the sound of this. Much respect to this gesture and acceptance of the challenge!

Just remember what happened last time Pinballbuzz teamed up with a pinball personality for a project how well it went!

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

More like Whysnows'

Maybe it was Cornelius. That guy always loved flying off the handle and ranting. In fact, if you're lucky you'll still catch him doing the same things on FB.

#417 3 years ago

2 months later
    #480 2 years ago

I agree that it's not "real" doxing, but it's close enough. When you have a following and you try to send them after a guy, even if it's just to "find out his name", that really opens the door for bad things to happen.

This is ignoring the fact that, like rarehero said, he's a public figure by his own choosing and there's always going to be people out there with negative things to say. Especially when your whole shtick is to say things maybe everyone doesn't want to hear.

Who cares what some guy on the internet says about you? I'm not even a public figure and I can't imagine devoting this much time or emotion to somebody who said something about me online.

When it crosses into the personal zone though, that's when it's not ok. It wasn't OK when people did it to Kaneda and its not ok if Kaneda does it. I don't care if it's just a name, or calling somebodies place of employment. Its not cool.

#534 2 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

He is pinball herpes!
    I vote mods lock this topic down already. The guy doesn't deserve the attention at all.
    I liked it much better when you where shunned for even mentioning his name.
    It's banned guys like him that give pinside a bad name.

KAREN ALERT

1 week later
    #615 2 years ago

He's going to be sad when he finds out chris doesn't d

Quoted from rai:

Why can''t he play the game and if it needs something fix it later on? To him a pinball is not something you play it's art to look at or something to hold on as speculation. He should have bought a Supreme pinball.

when gigantic chips of art fly off the playfield like on GNR there ain't no fixing that. HEP said so himself. HEP also no longer does playfield swaps for people so Kaneda is gonna have to find a different plan.

1 week later
    #800 2 years ago

Theres no reason not to monetize your podcast. If monetizing your podcast seems weird you're probably just a boomer.

#806 2 years ago

I think theres a difference between running ads and having a patreon. You don't want to upset your advertisers right? Patreons give you this freedom. Most online creators have patreons nowadays regardless of having ads or sponsors. I got moderated and accused of trolling with my last comment (which was not the case) simply just stating that I guess some people don't understand how things work on the internet these days, which is clearly true judging by the responses.

#811 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

If you are creating a podcast solely for your Patrons that pay you then you are essentially preaching to the choir. If the only way you can listen to these is to pay the producer of the content, that loses a lot of journalistic integrity to me. At that point you are creating content for those that have already drank your koolaid.
    I get it that it costs time and money to produce this content but typically you would get funding through advertising or sponsorships. Many podcasts have Patreons as well but they don't gate their content behind it and instead give other perks. Early access or chats with the hosts, etc etc.
    To each their own, this is his model and that is fine, but you would figure he (or anyone that runs a podcast) would want to have as much reach as possible not limited to a small subset who pays you.

lol most podcasts have this. Its a great way for creators to get paid for their work. His main show is still free and is regularly posted. Theres very few podcasts that I listen to that don't have bonus episodes and other rewards for patrons. The best news is, that if you don't like it, you still don't have to listen!

#819 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Stop it.
    Content is basically worth nothing other than entertainment value. It’s comical. Lol
    Why Chris does it for chump change and subjects himself to the torture is beyond me.
    Jack Danger does his stream for a living and I throw $5 bucks a month without ever tuning in on Twitch or rarely do. And Stern pays him too
    But at least you get the real deal
    Such a waste of time pimping yourself panhandling. Pinball companies are laughing their asses off
    “Pinball media”? What a f ing joke that is! Doesn’t exist and nobody cares.
    TWIP is the closest informative thing and I love that

If you don't understand why patreon exists and why millions of creators use it, and millions more people pay creators via the platform, then you're either out of touch with current day realities or being purposely obtuse. There is no other way to put it.

1 week later
    #842 2 years ago

Can I get that apology yet?

#849 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I mean the podcast is more about kaneda getting Patreon supporters than pinball anymore so I guess his efforts are paying off.
    I saw there was a new episode today called "I'm a loser." I didn't listen to it because it's clearly another episode all about kaneda and not so much about pinball. I'm guessing all these paying supporters are kaneda fans more than pinball fans, because that's what they're getting.

It was also about Iceman!

#908 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

He’s a snake and a liar are some of my friends exact words about ol Kman, lol. Understanding more that there are 2 sides to every tale. Yes, he is campaigning for a new Kaneda podcast with a paid wall. Now that I know some of the background, that he might be “hiding behind a paid wall for diaper money” comment made by Icey is hilarious. Chris cunningly used the banter to increase his paid subscriber base. Grats to him. Pinball people will spend thousands on machines and begrudge a few dollars to someone that increases their enjoyment. Go figure.
    I’ve ragged on the boy to clean up his mouth in the past and told him it is so unprofessional to have a potty mouth like a drunken sailor. Lol Chris is not as innocent in all this as he tries to come off portraying. Smart marketers know how to manipulate their audience. Lol

Yup...i'll take that apology any time lol

Darn whippersnappers with their "paid walls" and potty mouths

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.